Child Support Law??? what a Joke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support Law??? what a Joke

Child Support Law in Puerto Rico is a joke... I have been trying to get child support for my kids for over 6 yrs, of my 3 kids 2 are over 20 already, I live in Massachusetts and my ex receives the letters from Child Support and ignores them. I have called ASUME a million times and nothing happens, no wonder there are so many dead beat fathers, does anyone here know a number I can call or somewhere I can write so I can get this case running?? thanks

Send a copy of the court order and income withholding order directly to his employer. This is allowed under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. They will start to garnish his wages or they can be held accountable for his arrears. If you don't know that address then go to the child support office in your area and have them use the parent locator or directory of new hires. Calling ASUME is futile unless you like paying long distance charges to be placed on hold for twenty minutes then transferred to another incompetent person who can't help you anyway. The only thing that you can achive by calling asume is aggrivation and phone bills.

Comment

thanks for the reply but I have tried everything, he works for his best friend that has a couple of supermarkets in Puerto Rico and so he doesnt have to report that he works, he gets paid out of books....In Puerto Rico people can do many things out of the law and if they have the right contacts they can get away with anything....the only thing that left for me to do is call the governor...and I bet nothing will be done...thanks anyway!!

Comment

heh ya your right on that one.. cause i seen 2 guys just walk for murder =/ that sux im moving back to us.. btw.. my advice on this child support is.. that you should just leave that up to god.. regarles wether if your kids are grow or not.. he will still pay someday.. and dont worry.. your kids are there for ya.. as for me.. even though i have custody of my son i will NEVER EVER LEAVE him i love him to death and i sure wish that many other fathers out there would fight for there kids as i do =( my son feels so damn happy that im with him as well me, his mom, and him are all happy.... no child support no judge and no probz.. its just her and me.. we settle things the right way.. i want my son to get raised by both of us.. this is why i moved to pr.. cause she is here... and i was in nj with my son =) anyways... good luck i really wish you well.. but i still think you should just leave it up to god =)
        ask me for my pic

Comment

QUESTION

I ALSO HAVE A CASE HERE IN FL FOR CHILD SUPPORT AND IT IS NO HELP IT IS GOING ON FOR OVER 2YRS AND ASSUME DOES NOTHING. THEY SAY THEY HAVE NO POWER OVER PUERTO RICO. BASICLY IF HE WANTS TO SEND FINE IF HE DON'T AND HE DOESN'T COME TO US HE IS SAFE. ASSUME HAS SENT HIM DOZENS OF LETTERS AND HE ALSO WORKS "UNDER THE TABLE"... BASICLY ALL WE CAN DO IS KEEP BUGGING CHILD SUPPORT SVCS FROM WHERE WE LIVE...

Comment

i dont understand how a man can just leave his son/dauther and not worry i have a 2 year old son and i will fight for him till death dont care who gets in between our way.. not even his mam can that is how mutch i love that little boy hehe he is my heart and he is the cause of my i am going to school and not in jail now.. but even though i would help his mom out to take good care of him rather do it out of the court house though else i will only give what the court ask me to, but.. ya i understand where you are comming from.. like i said.. leave it up to god.. trust me he will take care of it! else keep fighting im a man and i dont support dead beat dad.. unless he was a good one
            ask me for my pic

Comment

IT SUCKS

PR SHOULD BE TOTALLY UNDER USA JURISDICTION, THIS WAY HE WILL ALSO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF STAY A COUPLE DAYS IN JAIL AND REMEMBER HE ALSO MADE THAT KID.. OR IF PR WAS A STATE NOT JUST A COMMONWEALTH ISLAND RULE AND LAWS WOULD BE STRONGER ON THOSE FATHERS

Comment

hmm I dont think it would be a good idea for PR to be a state hehe NOOOOO!! even though i was born and raised in NJ but if god gave us this island then its best that we can just keep it the way it is just a common welgth that is all but my best thing to you is.. i think you should just come over here and fight it here. I dont know if jail will make a diffrence cause if it hasnt made a diffrence on my brother who has 2 kids and ows and from what i hear here in pr it wont make a diffrence on him.... or maybe it will .. cause belive it or not i did lookup some things for you and the best thing that i got is for you to get here and fight it here so that they can act fast on that like i said.. i support you.. cause i DONT SUPPORT DEAD BEAT DADS!!!
                ask me for my pic

Comment

I DO HAVE A COURT CASE W/ CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT IN FLORIDA SINCE 2001, BUT THEY SAY THAT THEY HAVE NO RIGHT OVER PR. ALL THEY CAN DO IS RIGHT HIM LETTERS AND SUPPOSELY TRY TO GET ASSUME TO DO SOMETHING. WHICH WE ALL KNOW WONT HAPPEN. BUT I'M OK.. I HAVE MY CARRER AND I CAN SUPPORT HER. THE POINT IS I WOULD LIKE MY DAUGHTER TO HAVE HER REAL DAD AROUND AND SHOW HIS LOVE TOWARD HER ATLEAST. EVEN IF HE DON'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT CUZ HE BROKE... HE SHOULD SENT A POSTCARD OR A TOY LETTING HER KNOW THAT HE THINKS OF HER.. YOU KNOW....

Comment

Well good luck and i wish you well.. lets just hope that some day he does appear for the better of the little one's its like it shows on TV when the dad takes his son.. then on the screen it says... "Its not all about money" nice
                    but again wish you well
                    ask me for my pic

Comment

The same way ASUME is no good to collect from irresponsible fathers they also allow irresponsible mothers to abuse the system -

But don't blame all to ASUME, the courts in Puerto Rico are actually the reason for all this abuse from both sides- In Puerto Rico if you are a bad father and abusive the mother does nothing- If you are responsible and hard working the mother wants to destroy you-

Comment

Wow this post is extreamly old! but I guess it still matters. Also I agree with you 100% my sons mom started doing it to me not to long ago.. I ended up in jail a few times lost my job and all.. yet she wanted more.. untill I started fighting back.. got my self together and now my son lives with me.. like I told her before I love my son and I am willing to do what ever for him! but I guess she didnt care about that statement.. she just seemed to want more and more and more. So yes it does hurt on both sides.

P.S: Just and update.

Originally posted by papote46 View Post
                        The same way ASUME is no good to collect from irresponsible fathers they also allow irresponsible mothers to abuse the system -

But don't blame all to ASUME, the courts in Puerto Rico are actually the reason for all this abuse from both sides- In Puerto Rico if you are a bad father and abusive the mother does nothing- If you are responsible and hard working the mother wants to destroy you-
                        ask me for my pic

Comment

Yes, the previous post are all old but I had to get it out of my chest. ;-)

I'm glad it worked out for you and your son.

As for me I have been paying child support for 15 years with no delays- But still today they don't contact me at all- I live in the States now so I really don't have much choice- They have been going to college and now after 15 years with no delays their mother refuse to send me their College grades because she wants me to pay the extra matricula they now have to pay en la Universidad de Puerto Rico- Can you believe that? the amount I pay for both of them ( 20-21) is pretty high and she still wants more. ;-)

Even my present wife ( we have 2 kids) can't believe how can a woman be like that-

Now, in a few months the youngest one will turn 21 and then I will work on a resolution with them as they both will be adults-

Well, like always back to the drawing board. ;-(
                          Jose

Comment

Just a though

I dont know for sure, but I believe you can file a FEDERAL COMPLAINT against a dead beat dad; depending on how much he owes in back payments. I had a case like this a couple of years ago and it involved a dentist who owed his ex about $200,000 in back payments. When I looked up the statute to see what the parameters and penalties where, to my SHOCK, the amount that can cause a federal prosecution for child support was something like $10,000. However, believe me when I tell you, I am sure the federal courts are NOT interested in taking these cases over so I believe that they can refuse them. Wont hurt to check with a lawyer and or the courts. Good Luck;

Comment

Working...
                            X