INTER-RACIAL MARRIAGES OR DATING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTER-RACIAL MARRIAGES OR DATING

I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME FEED BACK ON THIS TOPIC.

I AM IN AN INTER-RACIAL MARRIAGE AND I THINK IT IS VERY INTERESTING.
    I ENJOY LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE AND EATING DIFFRENT FOODS.

I HAVE A CHILD WHO IS GETTING THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. MY HUSBAND AND I - COME FROM THE ISLANDS, BUT SPEAK TWO DIFFRENT LANGUAGES AND HAVE TWO DIFFRENT CULTURES.

Racial purity in marrying is really a type of interbreeding. Have you noticed that as dogs are concerned, muts are smarter than "pure breeds"? Same with human beings. There comes a point where racial purity does harm and not good. Don't buy that idea that evolution is going on at the human level. No such thing. What makes us human is not being the most violent as "evolution" requires [survival of the fittest], but having a "HEART". Even history is the best evidence against such idiocy: for example, while the Germans were head-hunting in Europe, Egyptians and Ethiopians were building pyramids, and even a thousand years later while Romans were building an Empire the Germans were still head-hunting in Europe.

------------------
    Manuel Alonso

Comment

No race is pure,We hispanics are a mixture of Indian,African and unfortunally Spaniard.
      all the raceses are mix only a FOOL thinks his Pure.

------------------
      PEACE BROTHERS AND SISTERS
      PEACE BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Comment

Hello Solimar!
        My name is Star. I to am in an inter-racial marriage. My husband is black, & I to think it's an interesting marriage. If the love is truley there what's the point of the question. Who cares what others feel or say about your life. Your the one who has chosen to live the rest of your life with him, not anyone else. It's a beautiful thing when two people can see past color & race & fall in love with eachother. This society is insain beecause they find reasons for not loveing & being loved. Those are people with issues about themselves. If there's LOVE, TRUST, RESPECT, & ADMIRATION then that's all that's needed. Look at it this way, God has now blessed you with the ability to understand another race aswell as your own. You are now one step ahead of the race ignorance people still chose to have. Think of all the wisdom you will be able to pass on to your children. They will know how to treat all races with respect because they are living proof that race & color don't matter.

This is my favorite quote that i live by:

SEE NOT WITH YOUR EYES;FOR THEY ONLY HAVE LIMITATIONS. RATHER SEE WITH UNDERSTANDING,
        AND YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl just continue in your rapture of love.
        Your doing nothing wrong.Infact your doing everything right, your loveing unconditionally, that's what matters!
        Good luck & God bless!

------------------
        STAR ESCOBAR:
        THE SHINING STAR OF THE
        CARIBBEAN!
        STAR ESCOBAR:
        THE SHINING STAR OF THE
        CARIBBEAN!

Comment

Solimar hello ! I am marride. My hubby is black. I think that number one the most beautiful children come from mixed parents. I know for my children ( I have two ) their looks are so genuine and beatiful that I love it. When people that don't me, and say what are your chidren? I love to say hispanic/ black because that's what they are. I agree they do have the best of both worlds. I teach them now so they know that. My mom is from Chile and my dad is from PR. My children have been to both places and speak both languages. I am proud of my backrounds and I make sure that my babies are too. It makes me so mad when I hear about how bad their future will be. Why ?because when they are asked where they are from it's not one word. White, black, hispanic? No baby it's, I have hispanic and black in me and I am loving being both. I really do agree with STAR also.. Whatz up girl ! You go girl !! It's true LOVE AND RESPECT is the main thang .As long as they have all that good stuff the good looks is just another plus
          PRINCESITA

Comment

I am of Mexican and PR heritage and my husband is black. We have always felt that our differences has enhanced our relationship. Our children ,four in all, are beautiful inside and out because they know that being different means that they are exposed to to more than one world. Our cultures and traditions don't clash but blend.

------------------

Comment

I am of Mexican and PR heritage and my husband is black. We have always felt that our differences has enhanced our relationship. Our children ,four in all, are beautiful inside and out because they know that being different means that they are exposed to to more than one world. Our cultures and traditions don't clash but blend.

------------------

Comment

------------------

Comment

I am an Anglo and I was married to a
                  wonderful Puerto Rican lady. I admit
                  in all honesty that our marriage had
                  it's trying times but the differences
                  of our cultures was never a problem.

I think that inter racial marriages
                  are wonder as long as both partners
                  do not expect the other partner to
                  change or lose their individual
                  identity or forget their roots and
                  heritage. I lived on the island for
                  13 years and while I embraced the
                  culture my wife allowed me to be who
                  I am.

Unfortunately I lost my wife to a
                  brain tumor in 1996. She was that
                  once in a lifetime love.

Comment

There is also a flip side of this. I know to many people who has mixed kids and the kids came out so confussed. Its so sad! It might be all Unique and beautiful to the parents but nobody ever really listen to the kids. I have a girl friend half black/white. She hated and still does. I know of other people who have the same problem, they wished they where just one or the other. To help them fit in somewhere. It made life to hard on them adjusting to where they really belonged. My children are mixed Im 100%PR, They know who they are and where they come from. At times I heard my oldest child say she wishes she was just one or the other then at other times she loves it. It isn't all that to be mixed. Yeah unique is there. But there is also the other side where you really dont know how the child really feels. And what they went through now being adults...

[This message has been edited by Eda (edited 08 December 1999).]

Comment

Mixed marrages can be a blessing or a curse in some places it is no big deal.

I believe there are many different cultures but only one race.

I'm a hybread. Hope that term is not offensive.

On my mothers side French/Indian and German/German And on my dads side Romanian/German and German/German

I think in the first or second grade I was asked what I was and I replied "American" I had to go home to find out I was "German". Many years later when I was appling for college my grand mother informed me that we had French/Indian and that I could qualify as minority if I wanted to. I never did try to apply for minority status as I'm whiter than all get out. Also my grandfather always said he was German but once he got into his 80s he started to talk about Romania and about his first wife who was Romanian. My uncle from that marrage has been mistaken for being Hispanic.

I live in a town which is mainly German but about 25% Hispanic. A few get upset when people "mix" but there is more objection to mixing on religious grounds as in Catholic with other Christian. So I guess a lot just depends on where you live on how hard it will be on the children.

Anyway, I think there are some very good post on this website.

------------------
                      Shan "MLMer" Ziel
                      www.shanziel.com
                      http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/s...FREELINKS.html

Comment

I do beleive if the world just goes and ****s eachother then we will all become one race and be in bliss

Comment

I do beleive if the world just goes and ****s eachother then we will all become one race and be in bliss

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what is 100% Puerto Rican? What is 100% black? What is 100% anything. My birth certificate says black and so does my parents but I have white, indian and african in me. I have spanish ancestors and well as black ones. I have black ancestors as well as white ones. The only reason "multiracial" children have problems is because people make them feel like they have to choose. You say you are 100% PR. PR is not a race, it is an ethnicity, as is cuban, dominican and most african americans in the US. we are all made from the same cloth. we all come from the same race, the human race. My husband is Puerto Rican, we are the same color and and have the same color eyes. I don't think it is race mixing, after all, he is not a canine.

Comment

carmelite, you are so right. as a product of an inter-racial family, i was forced many times to choose. the blacks didn't want me, i didn't speak spanish, so the cholos didn't want me either. the only thing left was the white kids, who didn't appreciate me that much either. i always hated those forms we had to fill out in school, you know, the ones with the bubble that said "check your race" and then you had to be BLACK BUT NOT HISPANIC, HISPANIC: BUT NOT BLACK, WHITE BUT NOT HISPANIC, ASIAN PACIFIC ISLANDER...

and then the form would say "CHECK ONE ONLY."

i can't tell you how many times i pissed them off because if checked all the boxes that applied. it's not fair to make people choose a race to be identified with so that you can be comfortable knowing what to call them. call them by their NAME. that's why they have one. the only reason someone should demand me to choose is when the information is for a census.

of course, now that i have identified my Puerto Rican culture...all that confusion is gone.

------------------
                              Nicoletta
                              ;oD

Nicoletta
                              ;oD

Comment

Working...
                              X