Where is All The Romance In The World :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is All The Romance In The World :(

Does anyone still believe in romance. Love at first sight. What ever happened to those women who used to like being treated with respect. What ever happened to long walks on a deserted beach. Candles and a warm bath with rose petals. Long are gone the days where women used to do anything for there man. Today I have seen that women don't seem to like that kind of stuff.
    If I am wrong please correct me. Is there women out there who like romance ? Is there women out there that aren't materialistic. Who would enjoy a foot massage, soft music, candles,and talking just as much as a a trip to Hawaii ? Check out my pic. at http://hometown.aol.com/auxny/myhomepage/profile.html

[This message has been edited by El Pintor (edited 14 September 1999).]
    Poet In The Sand

Okay you and I can most def talk now.
    You have a very valid point as far as the materialistic women of today. There are a lot of women who feel as if they have to be that way because of how society is today and all of the wrong that men have put women through. Not to say that women have not done the same to men but you have to admit that more men have done it to women than women have done to men.

I myself LOVE romance. Romance is only outdated for those who don't want it or don't believe in it.

I think that women want it but, if any joe shmow was to do it they would think about it twice. They would think he has something up his sleeve. You know what I mean?

It has to be done to the right woman, if it isn't the right woman the man will get his feelings hurt.

How do you know if you have the right woman or not? That would be at your discretion...

------------------
    Mamichula

Mamichula

Comment

I still believe in romance. Its a part of me. Its something that women still long for but are sometimes afraid to admit. Probably because in order for you to feel the power of romance you have to open your heart to this other person and that makes you vulnerable. Vulnerable to love and not be loved, to being hurt, to be taken for granted, to trust...
      When you open up to someone your are giving that person the opportunity to see the most intimate and fragile aspects of your soul and if you have had not too pleasant experiences in your past, that could be very scary. So in order to prevent that, women create a shield that protects them from being hurt and by doing that, they come accross as insensitive, uninterested and cold.
      To be romantic you dont always have to be physical, eventhough that's a BIG part of it. Being caring and nourishing is also extremely romantic because you are not only supplying your partner's physical needs but her emotional needs as well.
      That's what I call intimacy. If you are able to reach this level of intimacy in your relationship, then you have found something good for you and your partner, your friend, for LIFE.....

Comment

Where is all the romance in the world? IN YOUR HEAD, the three pounds of brain you are supposed to have inside your cranium.

How old are you guys? Everybody is romantic under the right curcumstances. A good marriage never gets stale, it is like the seasons (fall-winter-spring-summer). And somewhere it is written: there is a time for everything under the sun, a time for hugging, and there is a time to abstain from hugging...

Pintor, I wonder where you got your nickname: running around perhaps with Candido's Generosa? If so, don't try to come with the puppy yelp: where did all the romance go? Maybe what you need is a good abstaining from fast Generosas, you know what I mean? You are not going to find a real romantic woman with someone that will go to bed in just a bat of the eye. You will find a "needy" woman, but not a romantic woman with whom to have a REAL ROMANCE.

By the way, Brenda is right: when a man comes with this sorry story he is probably up to something. In 99% of the cases he is just saying what he knows will move a woman to give him some affection. And 60% of the women will fall for that: they hear just what they wanted to hear.

Maybe El Pintor and Mamichula have something in common: two horny names.

Got to go back to work.

Comment

I don't really know where you guys read that I stated anything about a needy guy. My topic is where has all the romance gone, not where did the needy guy go.
          I agree what you said about the wall women build once a guy hurts them. I will be the first to say that all men are dogs. We all make mistakes. But we also grow from these mistakes.
          But what I mean is that the best date ever doesn't always have to be the most expensive. Aren't there women out there who appreciate the things that make you think, breathe and taste life. A simple walk on a desserted beach. A bowl of fresh strawberries and whipped cream while watching television or sitting in a hot bath together. That is what I mean. Don't misunderstand me I get paid and believe in showering my soul mate with nice gifts. But what happens after giving gifts gets tired. Where do you go from there. That what I mean by romance. My email address is Auxny@aol.com if you want to discuss this topic further.

------------------
          AUX

Poet In The Sand

Comment

To clear up the confusion if there is any, MamiChula and Brenda are the same person...

Secondly, Marriage is a full time 40 hour job. It never ends. As my husband would say; it is a life sentence :-)

There is no way that two people can be romantic at all times. I agree with, there is a place and time for everything. If one was to be romantic at all times it would get very boring.

For Example, the following is what my husband did for my birthday this past June. Before I start we have been together for a long time and have had some very hard times in our relationship. Keeping a relationship together is very hard work and one needs to be understanding and considerate plus the communication has 2 b there. That is the reason for the majority of relationships not working out.... Anyway-

Of'course the babysitter was already arranged... From the front of our house, he blind folded me and drove for about 30 to 45 mins. I felt the car going up hill, and it got me a bit nervous. He opens my door, takes me by the hand and leads me over to him. He instructed me to once he took the fold off to do a slow 360... As I opened my eyes there I was on a mountain top overlooking the ocean under moonlight, as I turned I saw a white blanket along with picnic basket, wine, food, candles the works as you may imagine.

It doesn't take much to be romantic or to show romance. It's all on how you feel about the other person and how much you want to show them.

You have to listen to, There is a time and place for everything and obviously this was all at the right time and place.

I loved it!

------------------
            Mamichula

Mamichula

Comment

For me romance is not just candles and champagne etc.
              It's also remembering her favorite chocolate and buying it when she least expect it, i.e. any other ordinary day.

Comment

VIKING, I CAN RELATE TO WHAT YOUR SAYING. NOW A DAYS MEN AND WOMEN EXPECT TO MUCH FROM EACH OTHER, THEY ARE TO MATERIALISTIC. I ADMIT WOMEN ARE THE WORST ONES. I BELIVE THAT IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT. ROSES AND CANDY WHEN YOU DON'T EXPECT IT, OR MAYBE A CARD JUST TO LET ME KNOW THAT I AM THOUGHT OF. I PERSONALLY DON'T ASK FOR MUCH, BECAUSE I AM VERY INDEPENDENT AND I HAVE AN EXCELLENT JOB. SO THERFORE I AM ABLE TO BUY ANTHING THAT I DESIRE. EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO FOR THEMSELVES, WITHOUT DEPENDING ON SOMEONE ELSE. AT THE SAME TIME NOW, IF SOMEONE GIVES ME A GIFT, HOPEFULLY IT'S FROM THE HEART AND THEY'RE NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN.

AMERICANSISTA

Comment

Hey again! I checked out your picture it's neat. Listen, all women like romanse, it's just that for different women romance has different meaning.
                  For one it's maybe strawberries and cream, for another - Hawaii. For some it can simply mean family, or little flower, or huge grassland. You know, if I would love the guy and know for sure that I need him - I would do almost anything for him, anything to keep him.
                  El Pintor, you sound like a dream guy - sensual, poetic, romantic, smart and kind. And I think, women must fight over you.
                  And tomorrow will be another life...

Comment

Working...
                  X