???What do men WANT???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???What do men WANT???

What the title of this post actually means is what is your IDEAL woman???

Men are such COMPLEX creatures are they not!

It seems that women just want someone they are attracted to, someone perhaps of their culture or a similar one, someone who is TRUE, or fiel as it is said in Spanish, has a stable job, intelligence level that at least matches her's and a personality that clicks well with hers and no bad habits, I think most of us like a well-groomed guy who showers and wears clean clothes and has no disgusting habits.

Coming back to the culture issue, someone we have things in common with, like the some of the same music, speak the same other language [spanish], maybe vegetarianism or working out or other healthy lifestyle stuff. Any of that. Some people who are more into massive consumer culture like Mc Donalds or Christina Aguilera or Brittishney whatever the gringa's name is and mtv want someone interested in that stuff. In other words, we just someone we have things in common with, a similar culture is often [but not always] a good starting point.

So THAT IS ALL WOMEN WANT.

But WHAT IN THE HELL DO MEN WANT???
    I think they in a lot of cases just DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT!!!

I mean I see men some I've known personally who have had a lot of nice girlfriends, cute enough, educated enough, easy going personalities, these women treated them good and would often have taken a bullet for the guy if they had to and what does he do, tell her he wants no commitment, this that no strings, I'm not ready this that, I'm too busy, this that, the BOY THING, the BULL****!!!

Then for some unknown reason the confused male a few years later ends up with someone not even as good as the others and marries her behind. I know a guy who recently married a woman who is not even done with college yet, can't keep house, and can't cook to save her life. Looks? She is no better looking than anyone else he dated. SO WHAT DID HER LAZY BEHIND WHO CAN'T EVEN COOK HIM A MEAL HAVE THAT THE OTHERS DID NOT???

If it wans't his time when he met the others well what is that all about??? If it is someone good enough MAKE IT YOUR TIME.

Now please, why don't you provide a comprehensive LIST of SPECIFIC THINGS that make men commit and call a woman "his woman."

Don't tell me someone who is "nice" or likes the "outdoors"
    what the hell does NICE mean??? Specifiy. We are all nice. It is not like there are a bunch of AX murderer women running around. What is this outdoors stuff, we all like getting outside sometimes, or someone who likes "walks on the beach" come on... that is another one WHO DOESN'T LIKE A WALK ON A BEACH???
    All of that is so NON SPECIFIC.

If you say someone attractive, what is your exact idea of attractiveness? If a very specific age range turns you on why exactly is that? If you say nice, nice what? Easy going and non judgemental? Or just a nice smile even though she talks about people behind their backs as long as she smiles and says hello to everyone? Is her ability to keep house or cook even a factor these days or are men more and more happy with Burger King and Swanson TV dinners?

And is no kids a stringent requirement and if so why? Your own insecurity hmmm??? Even just one or two would be problematic? Geeez!

Would you appreciate women who absolutely require that you have no kids???

Please reply with a list of at least five specific things that can make you fall in love with a woman and include a couple of absolute turn offs.

Prove that men DO KNOW WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!!
    ten cuidado con esta
    coctelita

Amira,
    I am not a man but I had to post. You sound a little flustered, men can do that sometimes to you. I find that men response better if you ignore them. My daughters tell me the same thing. The only thing is that it is difficult to ignore a man you really want, lol. Then it becomes a game, I think most of us are too old for games but you know we are dealing with men and they see things differently.

I hear my brothers talk a lot and I also like asking a million questions. They do like attractive, pleasant, easy going woman,etc, but the main thing in a lot of men's mind is sex. I don't care how you turn it, very few men especially Latinos, think of anything else. Of course, as woman, we romanticize the entire scene, but to men it seems it is a performance thing. lol You should read the book "Men are from Mars....." It explains a lot of differences between the sexes, especially in our manner of thinking.

I think, that is the reason as you mention that you see men that had the best in the lot, go after a regular woman or as you said:
    "She is no better looking than anyone else he dated. SO WHAT DID HER LAZY BEHIND WHO CAN'T EVEN COOK HIM A MEAL HAVE THAT THE OTHERS DID NOT???"
    They must give them something that maybe the other women can't. It all depends on the man and his security level. If he is so unsure of himself, then of course, he won't be able to handle a goodlooking hot latina that will most definitely tell him exactly what she wants, however independent, goodlooking latinas that know what they want usually are very upfront. That could scare or intimidate a man.

That's my opinion, I haven't been in the dating scene for centuries so what do I know! lol I would like to hear what the men think also.

[Edited by Leticia_g on 20th June 2001 at 16:49]

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by Leticia_g
      Amira,
      I am not a man but I had to post. You sound a little flustered, men can do that sometimes to you. I find that men response better if you ignore them. My daughters tell me the same thing. The only thing is that it is difficult to ignore a man you really want, lol. the main thing in a lot of men's mind is sex. I don't care how you turn it, very few men especially Latinos, think of anything else. Of course, as woman, we romanticize the entire scene, but to men it seems it is a performance thing. lol
      I think, that is the reason as you mention that you see men that had the best in the lot, go after a regular woman or as you said:
      "She is no better looking than anyone else he dated. SO WHAT DID HER LAZY BEHIND WHO CAN'T EVEN COOK HIM A MEAL HAVE THAT THE OTHERS DID NOT???"
      They must give them something that maybe the other women can't. It all depends on the man and his security level. If he is so unsure of himself, then of course, he won't be able to handle a goodlooking hot latina that will most definitely tell him exactly what she wants, however independent, goodlooking latinas that know what they want usually are very upfront. That could scare or intimidate a man.

That's my opinion,
      [Edited by Leticia_g on 20th June 2001 at 16:49]
      Hi Leticia,

Well I am simply fed up with men who don't know what they want or act very much like they don't. Maybe the fact that they want sex so bad confuses the hell out them. I think that is fair to say. But even if they want sex I mean almost all women are capable of sex and are in a lot of cases even capable of much better sex if she feels comfortable and confident with the guy, meaning he is not playing her and is sincere. I am no angel, it is not exactly that I have 'never' been with a man I'm not married to, but intimacy is totally scary and very uncomfortable not to mention impersonal if the man has not been totally clear about his intentions. I am sure most women feel this way. All this hype about 'modern' women out there willing to jump in the sack w/no strings attached is that, just hype. I think the vast vast majority of us of every culture don't want such flaky unstable and otherwise dangerous situations.

Now let's see what these confused men WANT???

Amira
      ten cuidado con esta
      coctelita

Comment

A list of what men want

Lacoctel (Amira)
        Ask and you shall receive? P.S. Hope finals went well.

What do men want?

Well, (1) men want a strong woman who also respects them. So many women claim to be independent, but sometimes that is simply a euphemism for self-centered, inconsiderate, too busy to nurture their man and unwilling to compromise. So long as your definition of independent doesn't include the previous list, then you are doing better.

Men want a strong woman who is supportive of her man. She encourages him to aspire to bigger and better things and brings out the best in him. At the same, time the woman has to respect aspects about him: his intelligence, his demeanor, his overall character. If he is a mechanic, that he works well with his hands and get fix things. If an intellect, that he is knowledgeable. If he is an atheletic type, that he is in shape. Too often women are so busy seeking compliments for themselves. Women are so quick to compliment their girlfriends and how they look. However, they forget to compliment their own man and how he works hard.

You know what I mean. A woman cooks dinner and the kids or the man is expected to say how great a cook she is. When does the man get compliments about how well he took the garbage out or mowed the lawn? Laughable isn't it. But there are other things that you can say that shows how you respect a man. For example, "I really appreciate the way you spent time talking with my mother during Thanksgiving Dinner. You really made her feel good and went out of your way to make my family feel comfortable. Thank you for being such a considerate man." Independence, yes. Respect as well.

(2) A man also wants a romantic woman. I will define romance this way: the woman's expression of her sexual desire for her man through erotic, visual encounters designed to seduce him. It's funny how women constantly say they are romantic, but that just means that they want their man to be romantic and they don't have to do anything. A man wants to come home to find out that his woman has planned a romantic encounter just for them. The kids are of at the neighbors, their is a candle-light dinner ready and the woman spends quality time seducing the man and fulfilling his sexual fantasies. Men want women who are comfortable with their sexuality and aren't frigid. Some women seem to think that the madonna-whore complex means that your man wants you to sleep with him and be flirtatious with other men. That is simply B.S. If you want your man to be romantic and send you flowers, you don't expect him to send flowers to other women, only you. Because a man wants you to be comfortable with your sexuality doesn't mean that he wants you to be flirting with his buddies, flirting with men at work or at the grocery store, claiming that you are comfortable with your sexuality. Fidelity and respect in this area is also important. Next, don't plan sex as the last thing to do. First, grocery shopping, then dinner, kids, talking to in-laws & friends, watching tv., reading a book. Oh yeah, sex, I have five minutes to accomodate you at 11:30 pm right before I go to sleep. Not romantic. The idea of a coochie coupon should also be adopted. If your man goes out of the way for you, sometimes it's not enough to say thank you and give him a peck on the cheek. Reward the guy, come on. You don't have to be a genius to know that guys like sex.

(3) Men like attractive women. That means a woman who feels attractive. She doesn't have to look like Jennifer Lopez, but she needs to talk care of herself. Wear makeup on special occasions, not just to work to impress the women (or the guys there) while whiping it off when you come home and put on your bottle glasses. You still need to look somewhat presentable to your man most of the time, not that you have to look like an actress all of the time. Remember, your man goes to work and sees other women who are dressed attractive with makeup on a daily basis. If he comes home to your oversized t-shirt and curls, he's going to say "SH&$T, what did I get myself into?"

(4) Men like women who aren't momma's girls. Do you spend all of your time talking to your momma - one hour every day on the phone, can't make your own decisions because Momma won't approve. You may claim that you are being independent, but really Momma has control. What man wants to marry a woman who is controlled by her Momma? That just means momma control him! B.S. You have to spend all of the holidays at momma's house and can't develop you own family with your man (or new family traditions) apart from the momma's family. And if it's isn't the momma, it's the sister who is so controlling and manipulative. Guys need to be shown that they are important. "Honey, I don't want to spend the holidays with my family. I want to spend it alone with you, doing something romantic together?" Or maybe spend it with his family. These are unheard of ideas to some women.

(5)Family is not the end all or be all. Its about the relationship. Women think they are more mature growing up because they want to get married. This is a bunch of crock. They are just satisfying their own selfish need to be married, not that they want to love a man and have him love them. So often, women think that they should have kids and that's the end all of the relationship. We get married, have kids and live happily ever after. Kids are the wellspring of the love in the relationship and are more like a by-product not the purpose of the marriage. When you get married, the whole idea is that two people learn to become emotionally, physically, and sexually intimate and learn how to be vulnerable to each other. Often, women get married and have kids and don't know how to detach themselves from that concept. It's constantly, my kids, my kids, my kids. There is a time and place for everything. Time to put the kids to bed so that mommy and daddy can spend time getting to know each other. Time to get a babysitter so that mommy and daddy can go out. You can't nourish a marriage if the kids are the center and the marriage takes a backseat. That's the whole cause of the empty-nest syndrome. In short, Men want a woman who respects the fact that he isn't just the bread winner or a sperm donor, but that he has ambitions, desires and need quality time with his woman as well.

I can go on and on and on. But if you want more, send me an e-mail.

Nachos

Comment

gracias

thanks for a well thought out list of things. hopefully other women on board will see it and learn some stuff.

yea i think women are more self centered in lots of ways but some of it is due to men constantly telling them how cute they look or how smart they are since they are little toddlers starting w/their own families. i mean look at the size of the little girls section of toddler clothing compared to the size of the little boy section. it is three times as big. i almost filed a lawsuit against a department store for discrimination. hey i could use the money and it is easily provable, no?

when my son was born it was like 'ok a little boy, nice,' from my own girlfriends but the girl child of a friend born around the same time, it was like 'OH the little girrrrrrl, oh she's so cute, she's so cute, the girrrl, the girrrl!' whatever!!! i felt so slighted for my precious little son, and felt much better one day when a man in line at the store around that time happened to say in reference to my boy infant, 'yo i got me two daughters and two sons and them girls are complex, my wife can have 'em, my boys are cool, they're easy!' so anyway boys are robbed of this attention as babies.

i think at times women keep up this wanting to get attention and it never ends. then they constantly talk about themselves when out with men. but at times it is the man's fault giving her that same attention he thinks she craves. if he asks her a question about herself and she answers he needs to compliment that answer with a similar one from himself, like 'ok well i majored in this or that and liked this class and this professor the best, or oh you want to travel to that country, i've always been interested in seeing x country, what do you think of that?' yes also when he shares with her he should ask her what she thinks to engage her in discussion about him. women are also under the impression that men are the silent type and very gaurded and don't like to talk about themself, their hopes, dreams, etc, but men need to help prove that wrong by opening up, i often feel this way so i end up talking about what i'm up to.

well the attractive thing yes ok but men also need to do more to be attractive that is not a one way street as people have thought for too long. the guy i've dated recently [think you know about that one] i kindly requested that if he's not a sharp dresser type to at least throw on some sexy cologne when we see each other and he did it. very nice.

ok nachos i'll let ya go. would love to hear from more on this. i should do a cut and paste on what you say. women need to learn. yea there are a lot of things in our socialization that make us different and make it hard to hit it off with eachother and we have to learn.

but also i think men's instinct to screw everything they see, pardon me but i'm direct at times, goes back to an earlier evolution when most of the earth's people were dying of things like the black plague and scorges before that or plain starvation or exposure whatever, but somehow the evolution needs to catch up i also think it is psychophisiological part of it is psychological. i mean another direct thing, some men think they are a 'stud' if they are with five different women over a four month span let's say on 15 different occasions. but isn't a man even more manly if he is with the same woman and over a four month time span is with her sexually on 50 different occasions makes her happy, not to mention shares with her on a human level to the point where she'd give her life to help defend him from any harm not to mention cooks him nice meals while the player fool eats the garbage at burger king?

ten cuidado con esta
          coctelita

Comment

Don't Distract

Okay, okay Lacoctel. You asked what men want. Don't distract from that by talking about what is wrong with men. This is part of the problem. If women keep pointing the finger back at the man instead of listening to what he wants, then maybe they will finally figure out what men want.

I also suggest that you read the book "Why men leave?" I can't remember the name of the female author. I have it at home and will edit this post with the name. It is a fairly good book from a female perspective as to why men end relationships or why men don't get emotionally attached in a relationship. One day a male should write a similar book written so that women can get a male perspective on the issue.

Nachos

Comment

Here is what worked for me

Cons
              1. A woman who talks at you instead of with you.
              2. Woman talking too much
              3. A woman with an attitude.
              4. A terrible lover
              5. A woman who can't make her own decisions

Pros
              1. A woman with some class
              2. A fun person
              3. A woman to share thoughts
              4. A great lover

Notice I didn't mention anything about cooking, kids, etc. When you find the right person, it will not be a 100% fit. As long as you can respect each other, everything else will just fall in place. If a person just wants piece of ass, that can be found anywhere. Some men do not have respect for themselves so why should they have respect for you? That's someone you don't need in your life.

I am 100% Puerto Rican and am a very good husband, friend, and lover. It didn't happen overnight. Our relationship just gets stronger as the years go by. And I'm talking about over 17 years. It takes communication, commitment, respect and love. I have to admit, it's a tough combination.

Comment

Re: Here is what worked for me

Originally posted by RumNCoke
                Cons
                1. A woman who talks at you instead of with you.
                2. Woman talking too much
                3. A woman with an attitude.
                4. A terrible lover
                5. A woman who can't make her own decisions

Pros
                1. A woman with some class
                2. A fun person
                3. A woman to share thoughts
                4. A great lover

Notice I didn't mention anything about cooking, kids, etc. When you find the right person, it will not be a 100% fit. As long as you can respect each other, everything else will just fall in place. If a person just wants piece of ass, that can be found anywhere. Some men do not have respect for themselves so why should they have respect for you? That's someone you don't need in your life.

I am 100% Puerto Rican and am a very good husband, friend, and lover. It didn't happen overnight. Our relationship just gets stronger as the years go by. And I'm talking about over 17 years. It takes communication, commitment, respect and love. I have to admit, it's a tough combination.
                gracias.

thank you for an informative list. well, call me old school or whatever, maybe too many 'machista' mexicanos helped raise me up, but they'd often gossip about neighbors and point fingers of fairness and ask why some lazy behind who can't or worse off, won't cook for her man or clean their house gets the fool to work his butt off for her and give her a house while 'la mujerona' down the street who's place is imaculate and does it all including cooks three delicious squares a day plus supports the 'apartment' i stress apartment, remains a single mom while ms. lazy bones [also known as 'wewona' in mexican slang] down the road has got it all. they'd say not fair, not fair. i have to agree.

thank you for your comments and i guess i am also making the comment that there are too many aspects of modernity have possibly estranged men and women more and even made things more confusing and unequal.
                ten cuidado con esta
                coctelita

Comment

Amira,
                  I agree with the men, I know as a fact that men love to be lavished with attention. Maybe that's why I have been married for centuries,(lol) they really prefer a woman that takes the time to take care of herself and also think of them as a prize possession. I am like that. I love to give attention because I like to receive it. I figure that as a woman I want my man to love me explicitly then I should do the same. I remember talking to one of my brothers about a problem he was having, he was telling me that his girl was very nice, sweet, etc etc, however he was breaking up with her. I asked him why? He said well it seems that everything in her life has priority to me and my needs as a man. He said that you have to balance things and not just lean toward one thing, kids, school, work and then okay husband or boyfriend. No they want to be the prime person, the person that you focus your attention to, it doesn't mean that you aren't suppose to have a profession or be a good mother, it just means that you have to take special time for your adventures with your significant other. Plan escapades, and take time to focus on the two of you as a couple. Learn just like Nacho said to compliment your man, look for something you love about him and tell him. Write him notes in his lunch box, call him at work and tell him you want to meet him or that you want to make love to him when he gets home. They love that. Try it, it does work!

Comment

Originally posted by Leticia_g
                    Amira,
                    I agree with the men, I know as a fact that men love to be lavished with attention. Maybe that's why I have been married for centuries,(lol) they really prefer a woman that takes the time to take care of herself and also think of them as a prize possession. I am like that. I love to give attention because I like to receive it. I figure that as a woman I want my man to love me explicitly then I should do the same. I remember talking to one of my brothers about a problem he was having, he was telling me that his girl was very nice, sweet, etc etc, however he was breaking up with her. I asked him why? He said well it seems that everything in her life has priority to me and my needs as a man. He said that you have to balance things and not just lean toward one thing, kids, school, work and then okay husband or boyfriend. No they want to be the prime person, the person that you focus your attention to, it doesn't mean that you aren't suppose to have a profession or be a good mother, it just means that you have to take special time for your adventures with your significant other. Plan escapades, and take time to focus on the two of you as a couple. Learn just like Nacho said to compliment your man, look for something you love about him and tell him. Write him notes in his lunch box, call him at work and tell him you want to meet him or that you want to make love to him when he gets home. They love that. Try it, it does work!

Good advice. Yea I think however all of you are a lot more real than some of the men I know out there, that is probably why they are 'out there.' In a lot of cases. I think divorced people don't mean they hate marriage or commitment, no, it means that it wasn't their idea of marriage or commitment and there were some irreconsilable differences so they got away, but in a lot of cases want to get back on track with that type of lifestyle. It is a lifestyle issue too. I mean some divorce cause it's NOT their style is what I mean, I divorced because that lifestyle with that person didn't work. Often times when I meet a divorced guy even if we are just chattting there is this instant warmth, like oh ok you're a survivor too, hey give me five. And then we just get so many of the same things plus we usually have in common the knowledge that married life can be so much better than single life.

You know Nachos mentioned the big t-shirt thing, I know what he means, but still, that is also part of the beauty of being w/a significant other, that hopefully, at least part of the time you can love them just sitting there in a big t-shirt or if he's kicking it in some funky chankletas around the house. I truly miss those moments sometimes, and it seems only another divorced person can understand that. I really don't prefer guys who have never been married. I also think part of why some people get married is because all that party life isn't their scene. I like a more relaxed situation and so did my husband when I met him. A nice vacation or road trip every now and then was enough for us and lots of quiet dinners out or do it yourself remodeling around the house was our thing and collecting lots of good music in the meantime. So who knows, the last few people I have dated are pretty clueless and I am having trouble knowing what they are about so maybe I need to focus more on a previously married person who understands what's up!!! LOL

ten cuidado con esta
                    coctelita

Comment

Some men do know what they want

Well the first thing that women need to know is that most men want a woman,who will take them to a level that they don't go to with just anyone. I think many women don't open up to being submissive to their man. I see many that have to go to a girlfriend to get off real good sometimes. Men love oral sex, and many wive's don't do that, and many men like to explore in bed, but it takes two. I don't think a woman has to be nice in bed. They have to be different. Most are not, so men may get a feelling from a not so pretty woman, and they may not even care if the woman does not cook well. Now men must give the woman back the same pleasure of oral sex just as the woman gave him. Life is strange and I have met a few ladies in New York, who may be beautiful on the outside,but then they turn out to be cold, and very hard to deal with.
                      I met one who was in the media business, and should have never called me in a personal ad i was in, cause she wanted the perfect looking guy, but as I may have felt that i lost a chance, I saw that she never had time to even be with anyone.I saw that she was really a few french fries short of a happy meal. I love to talk to a woman talk over dinner, and listen to her, but learn what i hear, and apply it to the way she would like to be treated, but life is not always so simple. Men hurt themselves cause theyfor the most part think with their pants, and then suffer later, cause they find out that they don't like the person very much. I make sure I know a person real well before I even think about getting intimate with her, and today you can never be too careful. I think that thinking and planning is what a man learns to do later in life, cause many learn from the mistakes they may have made before. The rest is fate, and I just don't think that can be planned. It has to come from inside, and that is the truth to love to let it happen, and for women and men to lighten up a little. Looks are not everything, but not everyone learns that until they go through a bad expirience then the tide in life turns ---Efrain Gonzalez

Comment

thanks

another informative answer to the question.

i do say thanks to all the thoughtful brothers out there that have taken a moment to help not only answer this but help educate their fellow human beings, i.e. women about them in a sincere and honest manner.

this is certainly a start

gracias

p.s. you know what gets me though if any of you see this, i see a lot of you saying women are too into themselves and too self-centered etc., yet a lot of people, especially old school type people advise that a man loves the whole chase thing and therefore women need to act very indifferent and hard to get in order to keep a man's attention. i have heard men say there is some truth in this. but then would you say there is a cut off when the woman should then start doing some of the calling him up or giving him attention? leaving him a sweet voice mail message or whatever? see i and others have learned that is an absolute no no. that book 'the rules,' parents, etc. say never call a dude and always act kind of indifferent until he falls to his knees and demands that he can't live with out you. maybe this is slightly exagerated, but more or less how we have been advised to behave, but now i am hearing in your answers that this is problematic. that we need to adore our man and make him feel wanted and needed. i was under the impression that so long as we are intimate with our man and give him what he wants and say a couple of sweet things at that moment that that is all he needs to feel needed and wanted. again, this has been very informative.
                        ten cuidado con esta
                        coctelita

Comment

Re: thanks

I also would tell youthat times have changed, and today we live in a very fast paced society.I still think that if a man must beg, he must do so without losing respect from the female he is dealling with.You see todayLatina's are kind of in the middle. They really don't know of any positive role models, and in hollywood the saw the latino as the crook or the the cook. So they go with white and never can go back, cause once you mate with and have a white mixed child, where are they going to live? In El Barrio???? Hell no! Latin men do the same thing and it may be worse, cause if they lose pay or get layed off, the woman who is white rarely stays. That means the kids suffer. My father Puertorican left my mother Italian, and us kids suffered cause of it. I still would rather be with a Puertorican woman, cause as I am getting older,I realized that we Puertoricans must stick together, no matter what. I just see to many people in to a culture that destoyed the Indians, andthe Mexican's, and yet we have many who instead of making a stong foundation with the island, choose to say that PuertoRrico will never survive, with out the U.S. Why do I say this in relation to the love game? Well in the old days a man would chase the woman, and some get, and some not, but today we have people that forgot to do it the right way, what I am trying to sayis this. Women have to remember that a man is not a body bag also, and we should all make love with the LOVE in the equation,of course, that is not the case today. I wonder if people know how to love, cause it is more than sex, and it should feel good to hold hands with the one that you love, and to give flowers, and to say i love you once in a while, but I can only dream , cause unless I make $80,000 a year and drive a nice car, and live in a big house, then it won't attract those real pretty Puertorican ladies. So I don't go after them, and I would tell a man that if she is that hard to impress, then she ain't worth it, and in NY with the exception of a few Puertorican women, most just rather waste there life and have a black guy selling drugs, and well I can never touch a woman with that baggage in her past. So you see us latino's got problems too>

Comment

Re: Re: thanks

Originally posted by egon_67
                            I also would tell youthat times have changed, and today we live in a very fast paced society.I still think that if a man must beg, he must do so without losing respect from the female he is dealling with.You see todayLatina's are kind of in the middle. They really don't know of any positive role models, and in hollywood the saw the latino as the crook or the the cook. So they go with white and never can go back, cause once you mate with and have a white mixed child, where are they going to live? In El Barrio???? Hell no! Latin men do the same thing and it may be worse, cause if they lose pay or get layed off, the woman who is white rarely stays. That means the kids suffer. My father Puertorican left my mother Italian, and us kids suffered cause of it. I still would rather be with a Puertorican woman, cause as I am getting older,I realized that we Puertoricans must stick together, no matter what. I just see to many people in to a culture that destoyed the Indians, andthe Mexican's, and yet we have many who instead of making a stong foundation with the island, choose to say that PuertoRrico will never survive, with out the U.S. Why do I say this in relation to the love game? Well in the old days a man would chase the woman, and some get, and some not, but today we have people that forgot to do it the right way, what I am trying to sayis this. Women have to remember that a man is not a body bag also, and we should all make love with the LOVE in the equation,of course, that is not the case today. I wonder if people know how to love, cause it is more than sex, and it should feel good to hold hands with the one that you love, and to give flowers, and to say i love you once in a while, but I can only dream , cause unless I make $80,000 a year and drive a nice car, and live in a big house, then it won't attract those real pretty Puertorican ladies. So I don't go after them, and I would tell a man that if she is that hard to impress, then she ain't worth it, and in NY with the exception of a few Puertorican women, most just rather waste there life and have a black guy selling drugs, and well I can never touch a woman with that baggage in her past. So you see us latino's got problems too>
                            wow so your mom is italian american from the east coast or from italia o donde? that is interesting because i am french and latina. would you say there are a lot of boricua gente mixed w/italian on the east coast or is your case a rarity? it just makes me wonder. since i am mixed w/european i am interested in people mixed w/ things like italian or french or portuguese and latin american since we are all usually from catholic roots and that some would be european latinos [the first latinos, sorry] and the others would be latinoamericanos. i am not as interested in people of no. european protestant backgrounds mixed w/latino because the north and south of europe are totally different.
                            but anyway, i have digressed. like you i also stick more to the latina side than to the euro side.

que interesante. y hablas espanol, o no?

amira
                            ten cuidado con esta
                            coctelita

Comment

Re: Re: Re: thanks

Hola, Yo hablo porquito espanol,pero en tiempo yo hablo y escribe mas. I was never taught it in the house and I had a speach problem whenI was a kid, so my family had me speak just english. I really understand more than you may think though.Let me know what you think ok and you can email me directly at egonzalez67@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X