Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older man attraction...What 2 do,what 2 do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older man attraction...What 2 do,what 2 do??

I'm 16 years old,& I only seem to want to date older men(18-30)I've had boyfriends my age,younger & older.But the olny ones I seem to connect with & keep the longest are older guys.
    My current boyfriend is 17,& man is he ever so immature.
    When I take him out places I feel like his mother.It's ok to joke around in public to a certain point,but loud & rude behavior is just uncalled for.I constantly have to tell him to be have & stop runnig around stores.
    When you're going out with someone,you're suppost to represent one another.
    How does it look if one is acting childish & the other
    is carrying themself in a well manered order.
    I need my equal!I don't want to be a mother yet.
    He just has this ghetto mentality,& I don't want ghetto or thuggish,but that's all I seem to keep getting.
    Out here,there's not that wide of a variety.
    WHAT'S A GIRL 2 DO???
    Mami Maria

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GOING THRU BECAUSE I TO HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH AN IMMATURE PARTNER. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FIRST IS ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION WHICH IS "WHAT DO I WANT?." WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS THAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE IN A GUY, WHAT EXCITES, ATTRACTS YOU TO A GUY ETC. ONCE YOU HAVE SURPASS THAT LEVEL THEN YOU'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A GUY. GET TO KNOW THAT GUY LITTLE BY LITTLE, DON'T EVER ASSUME THAT THE GUY IS GOING TO BE THIS AND THAT. ALWAYS MAKE SURE DEFINITELY BY TELLING UPFRONT WHAT YOU EXPECT IN A RELATIONSHIP AND SO ON. NOW AS FAR AS YOUR CURRENT RELATIONSHIP GOES, THE BEST ADVICE THAT I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO SIT DOWN WITH HIM AND LET HIM KNOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND AND IF HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND NOR COMPROMISE WITH YOU THEN ADIOS, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. WELL, I HOPE THAT I HELPED OUT A LITTLE FOR YOU, TAKE CARE!

Comment

Ditto

Thanx for the advice.I've thought about most of what you said befoe though.
      To bad it had to be adios,he just doesn't understand anything I try to tried to tell him.
      I know what attracts me,it's maturity,itallect,sincereness,consideration, & self will.
      It just seem to me like all older men have what I'm looking for.
      Females mature a whole lot faster than males.
      I'm up there with the 20+ year olds while guys my age are stuck in Giant baby land.
      I know what I want & I'm gonna get it.

Thanks 4 the advice
      Mami marie 4rm Adult Land
      LOL
      Mami Maria

Comment

just fyi...

..Hi LilBrownPrincess,

I just wanted to also add that even though a guy might be older, he still may be immature. I know, because I dated a very immature guy who was 6-7yrs older than me (..read my post on the subject about Worst date ever...). I tend to prefer men who are older than me as well, however, if the right guy comes along, and he happens to be my age, I'll more than likely give him a chance! In any case, you want to be with someone with whom you can relate to!

Ysa

Comment

older guys...

you'll find your equal, it just takes time, sometimes, much longer than expected...there's alot of people older than you, who are still looking for their equal...to me, to be honest, your life would be more productive and satisfying if you concentrate on schooling, younger people always underestimate the value of a "great" education...

as for these guys you think you're "connecting" with, especially that 20-30 range you gave, there's something wrong with that...i don't really think those guys are "connecting" with you the way you're "connecting" with them...it all takes time...

posted by you:
          I'm up there with the 20+ year olds while guys my age are stuck in Giant baby land.
          I know what I want & I'm gonna get it.

what is it that you want???
          sincerely, boricuafrican

Comment

I agree with you Boricuafrican

Finding someone does take time...sometimes, a lot longer than we actually want. I also wanted to stress the fact that our younger ladies (and gentleman), should indeed concentrate on education, (just like you said) and enjoy youthful life while they still can. There is so much out there to do and see! Life has so much to offer, and it is unfortuante to see our young people miss out. I can tell you...stressing out over a man (or even a woman for sake of the gentleman), young or old, isn't my idea of a great time. Again, finding someone YOU click with is the key..and know that happiness within yourself is very important!

Ysa

Comment

Maria mami,

[b]I know how you feel. I thought when I was reading your post that I was reading something I wrote back in time!LOL
              Im now 25 years old, but I always had a higher mentality than the guys my age when I was in my teens. I believe when I was 17 years old I was talking to a 33 year old man. Only until my mom found out, than she flipped out on me and made me call him and tell him I couldn't talk to him anymore! LOL I was sad at the time, but now, looking back, he was a lot more experienced than me, and had a lot more baggage.

I think my point is, age difference is wierd. It seems okay when you are 25 and your mate is 33. You know what I mean? When you are 16 and he is 24, or even older that just doesn't seem okay or right. I know you feel like you are stuck because you are so much more mature than the guys your age. I believe that, it is a fact that guys mature slower than girls. What happened w/me basically is that I really just didn't date in high school because I hated the maturity level of guys there.
              When I graduated (18years old) I started to see and talk to guys in their early to mid 20's. I think I've only went out on one date w/a guy younger than me! LOL I hated it and had such a rotten time I decided to never do that again!

Just figure out who you are, what you like. Make friends w/guys closer to your age range. Don't try to hop right into a serious relationship. You are still very young. This doesn't mean you aren't mature, but you have not experienced things that "older men" have, and that may be hard with the age difference.
              There is someone for everyone, I truly and firmly believe that. Don't rush him, he is out there, searching just like you are.
              Buenos Suerte!

Comment

Working...
              X