• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthrax Letters made by Aryan Racist Mercenary

[i]F.B.I. SAID NOT READY TO CLEAR HATFILL

By Laura Meckler
    Associated Press Writer
    Monday, August 12, 2002; 1:26 PM

ALEXANDRIA, Va. –– Investigators probing last fall's anthrax attacks have no physical evidence linking Dr. Steven J. Hatfill to the crime, but they are not prepared to clear him, a law enforcement official said Monday.

Hatfill, whose name surfaced more than a month ago but has not been declared a suspect, went on the offensive over the weekend, saying he has cooperated with the investigation only to see his life and work destroyed through speculation and innuendo. He emphatically declared that he had nothing to do with the attacks that killed five.

His attorney accused the FBI of leaking defamatory information about him and promised to lodge a formal complaint with the Justice Department.

A U.S. law enforcement official said Monday that Hatfill has been straight-forward answering questions from investigators but a number of intriguing items from his past make them unwilling to declare him cleared of any suspicion.

Investigators continue to be frustrated by the absence of physical clues linking anyone to the mailings, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. The FBI has searched Hatfill's apartment in Frederick, Md., twice, as well as his car, a storage locker in Florida and the home of his girlfriend.

Among the reasons officials still remain interested in Hatfill:

–The anthrax letters contained a return address of a nonexistent Greendale School in New Jersey. Hatfill once lived in Harare, Zimbabwe, where there is a school known as Greendale School. That school is actually named for Courtney Selous, the namesake of the Selous Scouts, who fought for white rule in what was then called Rhodesia. Hatfill has said he fought with the Selous Scouts.

–On his computer, officials found the draft of a novel about a bioterrorism attack.

–In 1999, while working for a defense contractor, Hatfill commissioned a report looking at how anthrax might be sent through the mail. That report suggested there would be about 2.5 grams of anthrax in an envelope – and that's what was in last fall's mailings .

Law enforcement officials have described Hatfill, 48, as a "person of interest," not a criminal suspect, and said he is only one of about 30 people being scrutinized. Hatfill's name, however, is the only one to have emerged publicly in the investigation.

Since Hatfill's name surfaced, a variety of news stories have appeared questioning his record and his background, and TV cameras were on hand to document the Aug. 1 search of his apartment complex.

"I do not object to being considered a subject of interest by the authorities because of my knowledge and background in the field of biological warfare defense," Hatfill told reporters Sunday. "But I do object to an investigation characterized, as this one has been, by outrageous official statements, calculated leaks to the media, and causing a feeding frenzy operating to my great prejudice."

The high-profile defense continued Monday on NBC's "Today" show.

"Why would you want to single out someone for national attention if you do not have enough to charge them with a crime," spokesman Pat Clawson said.

Hatfill's attorney, Victor M. Glasberg, said Sunday he would file a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility at the Department of Justice.

"Material seized in what is surely the most important criminal investigation internally in this country in a long while is now being leaked," Glasberg said.

Speaking to reporters outside Glasberg's office, Hatfill fiercely denied having anything to do with last fall's attacks.

"I am a loyal American and I love my country," Hatfill said, speaking with determination and frequently pointing his finger in the air for emphasis. "I have had nothing to do in any way, shape or form with the mailing of these anthrax letters."
    ("I had no sex with Monica Lewinsky...")[b]

Hatfill, an American flag pin affixed to his lapel, said he had cooperated fully with authorities only to have defamatory information about him leaked to reporters.

Several questions have surfaced about Hatfill, including what appear to be exaggerations on his resume and his involvement in fighting for white rule in the former African colony of Rhodesia. Neither he nor Glasberg would answer questions about his past. But Hatfill did say that anyone's life can be "picked apart" for inconsistencies.

"I do not claim to have lived a perfect life," he said.

Hatfill emphasized that his background is in the study of viral diseases such as Ebola, not bacterial diseases such as anthrax.

He said he was routinely vaccinated against anthrax because of his work at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute at Fort Detrick, Md., once home to the U.S. biological warfare program and repository for the Ames strain of anthrax that was used in the attacks. But he said he had not been inoculated since 1999 and had been susceptible to anthrax since 2000.

It is unclear how much residual protection he would have had from his earlier vaccinations.

So now you are beginning to see the truth.

I posted this a long time ago. Yet, you insisted that anthrax was the working of some Muslims. Hypocrite.

Comment

Hey, I did not accuse any of the local Muslim wannabe's, just IRAQ...

[b][i]And about Anthrax I was wrong, it turned out to be a local MILITIA member.

However, why do you side with IRAQ, Falu?

Is it mere sympathy, or is there something else deeper than that?

Anyway, I never accused you of that or anything.

Hypocrisy is by its original GREEK definition:
      to have two faces, a real one and a mask over it.
      It is not an Arab word, and it is miss-used in Mohammedan circles...

By the way, Falu, is this your picture?

You look handsome...

Comment

Re: Hey, I did not accuse any of the local Muslim wannabe's, just IRAQ...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by El_Jibaro
        [B][b][i]And about Anthrax I was wrong, it turned out to be a local MILITIA member. I doubt it very much, I think all the hulla-ballu is about distraction from the real thing, the WACO Meeting with all the trimmins, and they still have no place to hide Shany!

As to your question Jib to Falu: "However, why do you side with IRAQ, Falu?"

Is it mere sympathy, or is there something else deeper than that?

I feel sorry for IRAQ and the People of IRAQ, the gringos
        have always given them a rotten deal!

US Hypocrisy is based on the fact that they create these
        monsters, let them loose on humanity and then go around
        preaching human rights and civil rights on behalf of the
        human race, please.....(Check out Kissinger and Pinochet)!

Now in case you have not had time to reflect on your condition, if you are truly a Jibaro...you are in deep
        pooh-pooh! Someone may call and turn you in and we
        shall never hear from you again, why?

Ay, mijo have you never heard about Rico? What about RICO,
        you say?
        Do you not know about Rico and the Boricuas?

No, well then check out Rico and the Gringos

Think about each one of these scenarios and let me know,
        what would you do if they accused you of belonging to
        a right wing taliban loving Militia under the control of
        Ollie North, The School of the Americas and the U.S. Navy?

The US has two faces, to have two faces, a real one and a mask over it one for the local Militia under Ollie North and the Religious Right...another one is for the International Community that believes in gringo "transparancy and Wall Street Ethics!"...to believe in these two faces of the gringo government is to be a Republican PNP, it is to be a vende patria, piti yankee, wanna be Jibaro! No, Hipocrita is not an Arab word, but it is miss-used in your circles...with tha Jibaro Chango Pesquera, but because it is part of the Greco-Romano Tradition as in traidor, Brutus, tu! you must understand it is a latin concept, just as sincera is, (without wax en el
        cantaro, no leaks in the vase, that is what sincera means), and just for your edification I did not have to look up that word in the diccionario bilingue!

So, you think this is all a lot of bull?????

What if.....They come after you Jose/Jib/Op-op?

What to do if…they come for you?

(“Know Your Rights”)(*&^%$#@!!!!!)

What To Do If…..

On your way to the grocerias....You’re Stopped By
        The Police, The FBI, The INS, Or The Customs Service

This was written to help you understand some of your rights if you are questioned by any government agents. You should be careful in the way you speak when approached by the police, The FBI or the INS. If you give them any information it can be used against you. The laws about the government’s right to question you are hard to understand. After the September 11th Attack, new laws give federal officers new powers to question, arrest, and detain. More laws and court cases to challenge them are likely (follow the case of Jose Padilla). If you think you might be stopped and questioned carry the name and telephone number of a lawyer who will take your calls. Non-citizens have special legal needs that we also tell you about here. This is important to remember: once you cross the border and you are in the USA you have the legal rights of any other citizen of the USA if it concerns Issues of Your Civil and Human Rights. Part I and Part II is for everyone. Part III is for non-citizens (indocumentados), Part IV is about Airports. None of this advice is meant to top you from cooperationg with proper law enforcement investigations.

1. WHAT CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
        You have the right to remain silent. The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says that every person has the right to not answer questions asked by a government agent. They can ask you questions, but you cannot be arrested just for refusing to answer them. But the police or FBI may become suspicious of you if you refuse to answer their questions.

The right to be free from “unreasonable searches and seizures.” The Fourth Amendment protects your privacy. Without a warrant, no government agent can search your home or office without your consent, and you have the right to refuse to let him or he in. But in emergencies (like if a person is inside and is heard calling for help) officers can enter and search without a warrant. If you are arrested in your home, the officers can enter and search without a warrant.

If you are arrested in your home, the officers can search the area “close by,” which usually means the room you are in at the time of the arrest. Be aware that the government may be monitoring your e-mail, your cell phone calls,(el cellular) or your telephone calls without your knowledge, even if this is not legal in you particular State or in Puerto Rico.

The right to advocate for change. The First Amendment protects groups and individuals who peacefully advocate for their rights or who oppose government policies (as in civil disobedience in Vieques). But, the U.S. Supreme Court has said that the INS (la migra) can target non-citizens for deportation because of their First Amendment activities, as long as it could deport them for other reasons (tal como una visa expirada). This means the INS could target a visitor who overstayed a visa because it disliked his or her speech, views, or association with individuals and groups.

II. WHAT IF THE POLICE OR FBI CONTACT ME? Que si…

III. What if an agent comes to question me?

You have the right to remain silent!

It’s not a crime to refuse to answer questions, but refusing to answer might make the police suspicious about you. You can’t be arrested for refusing to identify yourself on the street, but if you are stopped while driving a vehicle, you must show your license and registration. (If you do not drive have a picture I.D. from your State or if in Puerto Rico have your Voter Registration Card from Puerto Rico with you at all times). You do not have to talk to anyone even if you’ve been arrested, or even if you are in jail, especially without a lawyer present. Only a judge can order you to answer questions.

Can I talk to a lawyer?

Answer: You have the right to talk to a lawyer before you answer questions.
        Once you say that you want to talk to a lawyer, officers should stop asking you questions. If you do decide to speak with a law enforcement officer (a police man, an FBI agent or INS agent), you have the right to have a lawyer present when you are speaking to the officer/s. If you do not have a lawyer, you may still tell the officer you want to speak to a lawyer before answering questions. If you do have a lawyer, keep his or her business card close by, in your wallet or your personal belongings; such as a back-pack, if you are in Vieques. Show the business card to the officer that arrested you, and ask permission to call your lawyer. Remember to get the name, agency, and telephone number of any investigator who visits you, and give that information to your lawyer.

Can agents search my house, apartment or office?

Answer: Your home cannot be searched by police or other law enforcement agents unless you consent, or unless they have a search warrant. Interfering with the search probably won’t stop the search and you might get arrested for it. This is true even if the search is not legal. Your roommate or guest can legally consent to a search of your house if the police believe that person has the authority to give consent. Police and law enforcement need a warrant to search an office, but your employer can consent to a search of your workspace without your permission.

Question: If agents arrest me in my home. Can they search my house?

Answer: The area near where you are arrested can be searched without a warrant. But your entire house cannot be searched unless there is a warrant that describes in detail the places to be searched and the people or things to be seized.

What if the agents have a search warrant?

You have the right to see the warrant. The warrant must tell in detail the places to be searched and the people or things to be seized. If the police have a warrant, you cannot stop them from entering and searching, but you can and should tell them that you do not consent to a search. This will limit them to search only where the warrant authorizes. As if you are allowed to watch the search; if you are allowed to, you should!

You should take notes including names, badge numbers, and what agency the officers are representing. If others are present, have them act as witnesses. Give the information from you and your witnesses to your lawyer.

Do I have to answer questions if the police have a search warrant?

No. You may be asked questions before, during, or after the search. A search warrant does not mean you have to answer questions.(Tell them you have the right to remain silent).

What if the agents do not have a search warrant?

You do not have to let the police search your home, and you do not have to answer their questions. Your refusal to answer questions or let them search without a warrant cannot be used by the police to get a warrant to arrest you or to search your home or office.

What if the agents do not have a search warrant, but insist on searching my home even after I object?

Do not physically interfere with or obstruct the search or you may be arrested, even if the search is illegal! Try to have a witness there to show that you did not give consent, and to get the names and badge numbers of the searching officers. If the search is later found to be illegal, any evidence found during that search will not be admissible in a criminal case.

What if I speak to the police anyway?

Anything you say to the police can be used against you and others. Keep in mind that lying to the government is a crime.

What if the police stop me on the street?

You have the right to ask if you are free to go. If the police say you are not under arrest, but are not free to go, then you are being “detained”.
        Being detained does not necessarily mean you will be arrested. The police can pat down the outside of your clothing if they have reason to suspect you might be armed and dangerous. If they search any more than this, say clearly, “I do not consent to a search.” They may eep searching anyway. You do not need to answer any questions if you are detained or even if you are arrested.

WHAT IF THE POLICE STOP ME WHILE DRIVING IN MY CAR?

Upon request, show them your license, registration, and proof of insurance for the car. You do not have to consent to a search. But in some cases your car can be search without your consent if the police have “probable cause.”

What if the police or FBI threaten me with a grand jury subpoena if I do not answer their questions?

A GRAND JURY SUBPOENA is a written order for you to go to court and testify about information you may have. If the police or FBI threaten to give you one, you should call a lawyer right away! If you speak without a lawyer, you may be subpoenaed anyway, and anything you tell law enforcement agents may lead them to ask you more questions later. If you are subpoenaed before a grand jury, you may have a legal right to refuse to answer questions; you should meet with our lawyer to find out your rights.

What If “I’ve been arrested.” Do I have to answer questions now?

No. If you are arrested, you do not have to give a statement or answer any questions. If you are arrested and do not want to answer any questions, you should as for a lawyer right away. You have a right not to answer any questions until after you have talked to your lawyer.

What if I think I am being watched or followed by the police, the FBI or INS? (La Migra)?

You have the right to approach suspected agents in a non-angry way, in public, and to ask what they are doing. You may want to bring along a witness. Even if the person you suspect does not answer your question, that person at least now knows that you know you are being watched. It is not illegal for law enforcement officers to engage in surveillance in public places. But, if you think government agents might be following you, nor if they are harassing you, you can talk to a lawyer. (If you have a camara take a picture and show it to your lawyer).

What if I am treated badly by the police or the FBI?

Remember the officer’s badge number, name, or other identifying information. You have a right to as the officer for this information. Write down everything as soon as you can. Try to find witnesses and their names and telephone numbers. If you are injured, tae pictures of the injuries as soon as you can. Call a lawyer!

IV. WHAT IF I AM A CITIZEN AND THE INS (La Migra) CONTACTS ME?

You should have the right to a lawyer!

Assert your rights. You have the right to remain silent. Talk to a lawyer. Always carry with you the name and telephone number of a lawyer who will tae your calls. The immigration laws are hard to understand and there have been many changes since September 11th. More changes are likely soon!

For updates on new immigration laws, FBI and INS changes in policy:

American Civil Liberties Union
        125 Broad Street
        New York City, New York USA

sitio en la red: http://www.aclu.org

By the way Falu, I tried sending you e-mail, but I am having
        problems with it, probably some of this Jib's friends.

Peace.

Peace for Vieques
        We shall overcome!

La Yautia

Comment

This Aryan Neonazionalist probably gave half of us pneumonia this past winter...

[i]
          Mon Aug 12,11:15 PM ET

Dr. Steven J. Hatfill, a bioweapons expert under scrutiny for the anthrax attacks, defends himself during a news conference outside his lawyer's office, Sunday, Aug. 11, 2002, in Alexandria, Va. Investigators probing last fall's anthrax attacks have no physical evidence linking Hatfill to the crime, a federal law enforcement official said Monday, Aug. 12, 2002. Still, the FBI is unwilling to clear him. (AP Photo/Rick Bowmer)[b]

Comment

Re: This Aryan Neonazionalist probably gave half of us pneumonia this past winter...

Originally posted by El_Jibaro
            [B][i]
            Mon Aug 12,11:15 PM ET

Dr. Steven J. Hatfill, a bioweapons expert under scrutiny for the anthrax attacks, defends himself during a news conference outside his lawyer's office, Sunday, Aug. 11, 2002, in Alexandria, Va. Investigators probing last fall's anthrax attacks have no physical evidence linking Hatfill to the crime, a federal law enforcement official said Monday, Aug. 12, 2002. Still, the FBI is unwilling to clear him. (AP Photo/Rick Bowmer)

Dear Jibaro: You know, sincerely, I think this guy is telling the truth, I think he is innocent. I think the
            FBI is wrong.

Yautia

Paz para Vieques!

Comment

Dear Yauti,

[i]the GOON belonged to the Selous Scouts, a racist Nazi group in Rhodesia.

Back then in Rhodesia
              (during its civil war)[b] there was an ANTHRAX EPIDEMIC that killed thousands of Africans.

He also paid a contractor to calculate how much Anthrax is needed to send bioterror letters, the same that later turned up in the Daschle letters:
              HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) -- A biodefense researcher whose home was searched by FBI agents commissioned a 1999 study depicting a hypothetical anthrax attack by mail, a spokesman for his former company said Thursday.

The study was commissioned by Dr. Steven J. Hatfill while he was working for defense contractor Science Applications International Corp., said Ben Haddad, spokesman for the San Diego-based company.

The study was written by bioterrorism expert William C. Patrick III and describes placing 2.5 grams of Bacillus globigii, a simulated form of anthrax, in a standard business envelope, The (Baltimore) Sun reported.

http://clickitnews.com/emergingdiseases/posts/2012.html
              Now, I myself believe that perhaps the Florida reporter who died in the ENQUIRER'S attack was done by the 9-11 Terrorists, since all the 9-11 Terrorists lived near him, but as for the Daschle Letters, someone in the Virginia Militias community seems the more plausible culprit...

Comment

Dear fellow Combatant in the struggle.

That is the struggle for true justice, freedom, and equality. My email address is mrfalu@bellsouth.net. I am sorry for taking so long to respond to you. I do have sympathy towards Iraq. There are many Iraqi immigrants here in Louisville and they tell me the horror stories of the effects of the sanctions. How their children have died in front of them due to starvation and lack of medical supplies. Why do you think Russia signed that 40 billion package deal with Iraq? Why is the United States all alone in this war against Iraq? Whose picture is that of? What is up with you and these pictures? You still won't tell me who that slave master who you had on your signature page. I am just a mere prison reform minister for the Nation of Islam. That is all. I don't have ties to any other group. Thank you, Yautia. You are truly a soldier in this war against injustice. When you email me I will give you my home phone number and we can talk even further.

your brother and servant,

Hector Falu-Muhammad

Comment

Pin-pong, one day is a RACIST mercenary, another day its Al-Qaida...

[i]THE ANTHRAX PROBE: MORE FBI BUNGLING?

By ROBERT D. NOVAK

August 30, 2002 -- [b]PHOTOGRAPHS produced Sunday by former government scientist Steven J. Hatfill, purporting to show his "girlfriend's" apartment trashed by FBI agents, evoked an uneasy sense of recognition among law enforcement experts. Applying pressure on loved ones of an investigative target is a favorite method by the Bureau, and rough treatment in the execution of a search warrant is a familiar application of that pressure.

The problem with the FBI, however, goes beyond strong-arm tactics. Since the FBI has affirmed that Dr. Hatfill is not a suspect in last year's anthrax murders, why is he subjected to such treatment? Why have the news media been tipped in advance of repeated searches of his home? These unanswered questions spawn unsubstantiated conspiracy theories that testify to the FBI's deteriorating prestige.

FBI Director Robert Mueller and Attorney General John Ashcroft will say nothing about what they are up to, and congressional investigators generally get no cooperation in seeking answers from this Justice Department. But the handling of the Hatfill affair has aroused the interest of Republican Rep. Dan Burton, whose investigations have uncovered some of the FBI's unsavory past.

Hatfill has had a checkered career, including service among white mercenaries in Rhodesia. Last year, he lost his government clearance and then his job for undisclosed problems that may have been unrelated to the anthrax attacks. That background, however, hardly justified the media feeding frenzy when the FBI search of his living quarters was leaked.

Hatfill has compared himself to Joseph K., doomed by unspecified charges in Franz Kafka's "The Trial." While no official charges are filed, Hatfill reports FBI agents are indicting him to close friends - especially his unnamed girlfriend. "Her apartment was wrecked," he said Sunday, "while FBI agents screamed at her that I had killed five people and that her life would never be the same again."

Neither the Justice Department nor the FBI responded to this, either immediately or when I sought a reply from them this week. Indeed, Kafka is recalled in the attorney general's opaque comments about Hatfill. Ashcroft was asked on "The Early Show" on CBS Aug. 6 whether Hatfill was a suspect. The FBI had said he is not, but Ashcroft replied: "Well, he's a person of interest . . . I'm not prepared to say any more at this time other than the fact that he is an individual of interest."

Veteran FBI-watchers suggest the Bureau, looking at Steven Hatfill off and on for nearly a year, does not have the goods on him. Law enforcement sources confirm he passed a polygraph test administered by the FBI last fall.

What the Justice Department and the FBI have in mind here is a mystery. Apparent absence of evidence suggests either incompetence at the level of false accusations in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Park bombing - or something worse. By calling attention to its investigation of the scientist, the FBI invites speculation about an effort to divert attention from the unsolved anthrax case.

It surely bothers Dan Burton, no ACLU zealot but a traditional Indiana conservative. Speaking of the Hatfill case, Burton told me: "It always worries me when the accusations and investigations are put out in advance of solid evidence."

The day is long gone when knowledgeable conservatives worship at the FBI's altar. As chairman of the House Government Reform Committee, Burton was stunned when he learned of FBI complicity in the wrongful conviction in 1968 of four men (two of whom died in prison) for murder committed by FBI informants in Boston. To protect these sources, Director J. Edgar Hoover sent innocent men to prison. Before the current congressional recess, Burton introduced a bill to remove Hoover's name from national FBI headquarters.

Ashcroft's Justice Department resisted surrendering FBI files relating to this outrage by claiming executive privilege but gave up after Burton threatened to cite President Bush for contempt of Congress. Ashcroft is even more intractable than his predecessor, Janet Reno, in refusing information to the legislative branch. He is currently stonewalling requests by Rep. James Sensenbrenner, Republican chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, about Justice's administration of the anti-terrorist Patriot Act. Predictably, efforts to get to the bottom of the Hatfill affair will meet the same resistance.

Comment

Working...
                  X