PUERTO RICO SHOULD EXPLODE INTO DUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

netlee....

I understand what you're writing, but still, I don't think it's the vast majority of the people on this forum. There are many ignorant and discriminatory people here, but I could only name a few. Yes, there are many threads with hatred towards Mexicans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, homosexuals...etc but they are mostly written by members who only post about 1-4 posts in the forum and then leave. They just come here to start trouble. The regular members here are mostly good, hard working people who have to deal with these idiots.

Though, I have to agree with you. They're many bochincheros/as here. I'm one of them, lol. Still, it mostly takes place behind the forum through other means of communication. The ones that are stupid enough to write it on the forum receive backlash. (Something I'm used to already, lol )

I also agree, all this idiocy needs to be stopped. Why won't you report the ignorant posters that are pushing your buttons to the Moderators and/or administrator with proof. (Forum links, quotes, e-mails...etc) Take care.

Comment

I am not attacking your beliefs. They are yours and you are welcome to them. However, I just wanted to point out that not everyone starts out with they same basic set of assumptions when interpreting the origins of our world and us. You don't have to respect differing views; I would not expect that kind of open-mindedness from you. However, I will make sure that these differing views are voiced.

the fact is I Do respect different views --I am open minded I wasn't born a Christian--I have been in the world--and Iam not by any means critizing you--I just asked you a simple question--how can you believe a mere man and not believe in God--I am not trying to convert you or anything like that, I, like you, just wanted to know that's all.

Comment

MY DEEPEST LOVE AND RESPECT FOR YOU ECUAJEY!

I've done a lot of research and found much more than what you can NOT imagine.Yes! People can be so dam disrespectful that it simply hurts those that really care.Am NOT under any circumstances gonna STOP insulting those jack-asses that happense to offend those black people simply because of their skin color.I will defend all those that being innocent of everything come here to be mistreated.I will defend all those that I feel are being mistreated.I will defend all those as I did when I carried my gold badge on my chest...swith so much pride and joy.Yes! I will forever defend the innocent against anything and everything.Thats why I was NUMBER#1 in my department and enforcement team.I'm JUSTICE and my name means much more than what anybody here can not imagine.Netlee is NOT just a nick on this forum but all the letters to my REAL name.Thats why the ignorant and the jack-asses don't stand a chance with me because whats black is black and whats white is white...period!My little baby and everything in this world...Flor Negra also has a very realistic point of veiw and one who also happense to respect life in all its meaning.Any way Ecuajey,thank you for your reply which I found extremely interesting.Here you will forever have a good friend...like aways!
        GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.TRUE SUCCESS IS WHEN PLANNING MEETS OPPORTUNITY! MEET LOVE HALF WAY AND THE JOURNEY WILL BE AN UNFORGETTABLE YET FULL OF HAPPINESS AND EVERLASTING ONE

Comment

netlee....

I truly understand. I'm very glad that someone who loves humanity so much, especially the unfortunate, is willing to stand up for people's rights on this forum. I applaud you. If you see another ignroant thread, just let me know and I will try to help in your crusade to rid the forum of ignorance. Also, e-mail me anytime if you'd like. Take care.

Comment

how can you believe a mere man and not believe in God
            Posting a quotation merely shares the insights of others that have gone before us. They do not imply belief on my part since as with all things, misinterpretation may be a factor. One cannot enter the mind of the individual making the statement.

In terms of a deity, I would rather know than believe. As I have stated before, belief in and of itself does not make things so.

A claim which is made that cannot be tested in anyway is termed nonfalsifiable. Succinctly, nonfalsifiable claims are of little value for those seeking an understanding of the workings of nature because no experiment or observation may be devised or considered to negate the hypothesis.

The issue of nonfalsifiability divides science from religion/supernatural. As a trained scientist, I look for evidence to support a claim before taking a closer look. Even if evidence is not immediately available, I will not summarily make a decision about the veracity of hypothesis but will prefer to reserve my decision until a time when evidence is available. This is my modus operandi. It is also the way I approach my view of a deity/supernatural. Whenever evidence becomes available that demonstrates without a shadow of a doubt that a deity created the cosmos and the theological tenets of a specific religion are akin to hard fact backed by incontravertible evidence then I will accept the conclusion without hesitation.

[Edited by RAN on 19th August 2002 at 06:11]

Comment

What Is Going On Here?

Although I have only seen a few "walk-in" members say derogatory things about blacks and other Latinos they consider less than PR's, I think for the most part, as Ecuajey noted, most people here are kind, loving, supportive, and interested in encouraging other forum members---real members.

As for those who like to create division and perpetuate unnecessary hotility and stereotypes among and between ethnic groups and who like to condemns another's religious beliefs, I will say, as a strong black woman who refuses to put up with foolishness from anyone, such lower forms of humanity are not worthy of the company of the rest of us and should be ignored.

Let us all make it a point to pursue the more excellent way with one another, the path of love and peace.

One love, as always,
              --D.

Comment

NOW MY HEART FEELS HAPPY!

At last but NOT least I found and noticed that the REAL MEMBERS here do care for the feelings of others.I simply put this title just and ONLY to get and capture the FULL attention of those that REALLY love this lovely forum.I simply want to put a COMPLETE STOP through letting know that those old members and those also new members not to offend anyone from other countries simply because of their skin color.We are NOT a nitionality of hatred and or racism but of love and kindness.I simply want to proof that we Puertoricans do have a lot of love in our hearts.We are not Moderators but yes we can get on any brainless jack-ass case for his\her verbal offenses against those lovely skin color people that come visit this forum and due to those ignorant people feel hurt.Like I said before,am here to defend the innocent.All I ask of the REAL members is to lets defend the innocent against those that love hurting feeling's and talk hatred and racism.We can also help the Moderators by defending this lovely website.Thank you all for your interest and input information.It makes me feel deeply happy to know that I have the back up of members here.I just wished that at least ONE of the Moderators had come out and said something in favor of this posting.Maybe l'll have much better luck some other time!
                GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.TRUE SUCCESS IS WHEN PLANNING MEETS OPPORTUNITY! MEET LOVE HALF WAY AND THE JOURNEY WILL BE AN UNFORGETTABLE YET FULL OF HAPPINESS AND EVERLASTING ONE

Comment

For scientist,God means nothing to them.For scientist God is non-existant.So please Dolores,don't waste your precious time.Then them all think the way they have always thought.Man always wants to defy God in any and every which way possible regardless if such thing is to make themselves look like total jack-asses.It simply fills my heart with so much sadness to know that ones these same individuals were once intelligent and now their brains seems to have become inbalance in every which way.
                  Before I begin, let me just state that I have made sweeping generalizations on this forum as well. In fact, the first two threads that I started lumped together groups of people in a manner that was insulting and unwarranted. I apologized for the comments because they hurt individuals in this forum that I now have the utmost respect for. It is an all to human response to inflict pain on others when we feel pain.

Now to the issue at hand, I wonder whatever gave you the notion that the population of scientists are a homogeneous, monolithic block? Many scientists are believers that make no bones about their religious convictions. Historically, Sir Isaac Newton, James Clerk Maxwell, Antony van Leeuwenhoek, Michael Faraday, William Thomson, Lord Kelvin, Louis Pasteur,George Washington Carver, and Wernher von Braun were among those who professed a Christian faith yet did not let this faith interfere with nature of their ground breaking research.

Among modern scientists, cosmologist Alan Sandage,physicist Mazyzar Lotfalian, and astrophysicist Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar have professed Christian, Muslim, and Hindu faiths, respectively.

So I hope that this provides some food for thought. Furthermore, I hope that whatever has fueled your resentment against scientists will eventually dissipate. Science is not about tackling the issues of religion. Science is the search for answers.

Comment

I have the upmost respect for scientist

I'm not a person who has any type of degees or anything like that. but I do respect people and their different positions in life. For if it weren't for these positions, where would we be? I guess we need a balance of people in life.

Comment

Afflicted by H.T.T.S.

I have noticed that there seem to be an increasing number of people that are suffering from HTTS. HTTS is the acronym for the 'HOLIER THAN THOU SYNDROME'. Why would anyone suggest the erradication of a people just because they dissagree with their point of view. I realize that there are some very intelligent people on this forum and making use of one of the tools used, I will respectfully request that some research be directed to finding out who in the history of the world attempted what it is being mentioned here. Let me cut down the research time by directing the readers to a European country named Austria. There was a man whose trade was wall paper hanger who had this vision. In this vision he saw himself guiding his people into a level never imagined. By doing so, his people would rule the world and erradicate the globe of those which were not of theid descend. This visionary man name was Adolph Hitler and we all know what he tried to do with the Jewish people.

In our country, some very wise people decided to not mix the matters of the state with religion. If it works for this great nation of ours, why would some people try to reinvent the wheel and force their religious believes on everyone else. This is a public forum and as such everyone is entitled to their opinion without having to deal with biased criticism.

Sometimes I wonder what are people thinking?

Respectfully,

JD
                      Boricua En Arizona :cool

Comment

Aahhhh!??!!??

What!!!

Disagreeing with each other and arguing about politics is one of the most distinctive Puerto Rican traits. I would be suspicious of any place I would go into where so called Puerto Ricans communicate with each other where these topics would not come up. I was born and grew up on the island. Politics is in our blood. I don't like "el bochinche" either, but unfortunately that is a part of us as well. This is our culture. It has always been this way, and it will always be. It is part of what makes us who we are.

I do have an issue with race. I have discussed this in several of my posts, so I don't intent to expand it here. Nevertheless, race is a big part of who we are. Our society has to confront racism and prejudice head on, especially when it exists among us.

José

Comment

IT LOOKS LIKE YOU STARTED THIS DISCUSSION ONLY TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK BETTER. I ON THE OTHER HAND CHOOSE NOT TO. NO I AM NOT AS YOUNG AS YOU MAY THINK. MY PARENTS WERE BOTH BORN AND RAISED IN PR AND WHAT YOU 3RD AND 4TH GENERATION PR'S HAVE DONE IS MADE A MOCKERY OF MY ISLAND . IF YOU ARE NOT GOING SEE THAT YOU ARE DOING THE SAME AS THE OTHERS ON THE FORUM THAN YOU ARE ALOT DUMBER THAN YOU CLAIM I AM. NOT ONLY THAT YOU HAVE OTHERS BELIEVING YOU TOO. IF YOU HATE SO MUCH WHAT YOU READ HERE THAN DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ THEM. THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by LETY23
                            MY PARENTS WERE BOTH BORN AND RAISED IN PR AND WHAT YOU 3RD AND 4TH GENERATION PR'S HAVE DONE IS MADE A MOCKERY OF MY ISLAND.
                            Not all of us have. I'm a first generation neo-puertorriqueño and I have done my best to spread truthful information on Puerto Ricans here. Still, I'm only one person. There will always be those that will do things that aren't praise worthy, but they shouldn't be a reflection of the entire people. There are problems in both the mainland and the island. We should try our best to improve conditions there instead of arguing amongst ourselves about whose a "real" Boricua.

Netlee wants to change things on this forum so people won't have to read such garbage. If we all followed your attitude of just letting things be then change wouldn't come anywhere. Get what I'm writing?

Also, it isn't your island, but our island. Take care.

Comment

MAKING CHANGES FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OUR POOR REPUTATION SHOULD BE APPRECIATED...NOT

I have NOT yet seen anyone trying to do anything to better the behavior of certain members of this forum when it come to trying asking and or letting him\her know that such racist behavior should NOT be spread.But what really gets me EXTREMELY upset is that when someone trys to do something good (LIke me) some members get somewhat offensive and others defensive but eventually to no beneficial means. I started this post just to get the attention of all or most of the REAL members of this forum yet I've also seen few new members replying to this post ONLY criticizing me? Feeling offended due to the title instead of thinking of the "WHY" behind the posting. Lovely,respectful and smart individuals like Ecuajey,Yautiawomen,NegraD,Ran,El Nationalista,Leticia_g,Italia Lena,Suki,Dolores Beltran,My baby Flor Negra,LaLaLa,Annie,X-Fairy,Titter,Maestro,Chicago Yoly,Heavenlyangel,just to mention few,are people that don't and won't get angry when reading anything of mine...instead they would rather congratulate me instead of talking me down. These are people that I personally consider REAL members and not because they would defend me,but because they FIRST check the "WHY" netlee say something like that all knowing that am a respectful,kindhearted and lovely member of this forum. I just hope that this TIME I got my point across because it seems as if to FEW new members here don't get it at all.IF, when we see and read someone posting something containing racism and we put a stop to it by completely ignoring him\her then things will start cleaning its self without any effort whatsoever.But instead we start replying behind that individual answering to his\her ignorance...making things even worst. What happens? Garbage starts building up all over the forum,and all thanks to those that reply making such degrading subjects a complete joke.Notice how intellectually and with so much respect RAN answer to my thread? Did he get upset? Of course not! Why I do this? Because I also want to know who's who.My most deepest love and respect to all. Sincerely...NETLEE

Comment

With much respect....

Originally posted by netlee
                                I have NOT yet seen anyone trying to do anything to better the behavior of certain members of this forum when it come to trying asking and or letting him\her know that such racist behavior should NOT be spread.
                                That's not true at all. Many of us in the forum have tried to keep the racist rhetoric of many down. You said you did research on this, you should see that people such as I, conciencia and Leticia_g have argued with some.

Again, present some links to the threads that you are having problems with and we could deal with them. Take care.

Comment

Working...
                                X