WHAT THE HECK IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT THE HECK IS

I've just been to PR - its a lovely place EXCEPT.

Driving. Driving is apparantly a BIG problem in PR. 1/2 the drivers are maniacs the other are slower than tracktors. unfortunatelly its not a uniform 1/2 to 1/2. They overlap. You have insane maniacs cutting people off, running stop signs and red lights at 5 miles an hour.

Serioulsy, WHY DO U DRIVE SO SLOW??? For example, on Route 52 between Ponce and San Juan - the speed limit is 65 miles/hour. You have people driving in the left lane, who get upset and honk if someone passes and go 30mi/hr.

Another thing. TURN SIGNALS. Ever heard of those. YOU TURN THEM ON WHEN U TURN so other people dont hit you. Apparantly turn signals are seen as some kind of lighting hook-up to the car.

RED LIGHTS - RED MEANS STOP, WAIT FOR GREEN. that universal concept is missing.

Stop signs?? do u even see them? or do u see nice little red signs for decoration.

Im not even going to mention truck drivers.....

Unbelievable.

Cheers

YOU HAVE NOT SEEN GREEK DRIVERS!!!!!

I ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE NOT SEEN GREEK DRIVERS!!!!COME HERE AND SEE.YOU WILL BE SHOCKED FROM THE WAY THEY DRIVE. WORSE THAN THE PR.

SEE AND JUDGE.

BYE
    ANASTASIA

Comment

Know the feeling!

I guess you haven't been to New York City Yet!!!

Even Crazier there!

Comment

Re: Know the feeling!

Originally posted by FLOR-NEGRA

I guess you haven't been to New York City Yet!!!

Even Crazier there!

REALLY???.SEE,WE DO HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON.IF YOU CAN,TELL ME THE ADRESS OF THEIR INSTRUCTOR.I HAVE SOME THINGS TO DISCUSS WITH HIM...
        ARE THE STUDENTS PAY FOR THEIR DRIVING LICENCE???.EXCEPT FROM THE ¨CLEAN¨MONEY.HERE IN GREECE YOU HAVE TO ¨PAY¨ TO GET YOUR DRIVING LICENCE.IN OTHER WORDS YOU HAVE TO BRIBE THEM IF YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR LICENCE.

SEE YOU
        ANASTASIA

Comment

Trader, I left PR in 1977 and came back in 1992 for 1.5 years. The same thing happen to me. I was in chock.

During that time I was away from PR, I drove in Germany, Panama, Costa Rica and many other latin countries. Also drove in many states to include NY, CO, NJ, KY, CA.

One thing I learned and applied to my PR experience.

When you drive in another country, drive like everyone. Don't come to PR with driving rules from other places, because it will not work.

As a matter of fact, you can cause an accident by driving different like everyone else, even if you are driving by the laws and very safe.

So, like I said, if you drive in another country, drive like them and your stay will be less stressful.

In PR no one stop on red lights at night. Is a common safe rule, for your own safety. Don't stop unless there are cars coming and the best thing is to slow down until ot clears and drive on.

Comment

Im actually FROM NEW YORK. Believe me, New York drivers are school girls compared to this!

Comment

Trader, El Nacionalista has some good advice

Originally posted by Trader
              Im actually FROM NEW YORK. Believe me, New York drivers are school girls compared to this!
              Puerto Rico is highly safe compared to Mexico City in my opinion....all I can say about Chilango driving is....NIGHTMARE. Dead bodies flying out left and right overturned vehicles, no rules, agressiveness...and if you are a pedestrian they run you over and kill you twice in reverse so they don't have to pay for your family in court.

And also, I was drinking a shake in a corner in Morelia, Michoacan one beautiful January day.....and pop, combi, ambulance, taxi and sedan all crashed with dead bodies flying and blood everywhere...2 feet from the shake stand. No one wears seatbelt, no insurance and corrupt police and ambulances that arrive on the scene 2 hours later when everyone has bled to death....and no one thinks it strange either.

Overturned cars is all you see at night time in Mexican highways...no one likes to drive at night...hardly any lights and people drive like nuts...lol. Puerto Rico is bad but Ciudad Mexico was worse.

Comment

My next stop: MEXICO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X