Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the frikken world coming to? (warning: disturbing christian toy inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the frikken world coming to? (warning: disturbing christian toy inside)

My 8 year old niece's birthday is coming up fast. Not having the time or inclination to go toy store, I decided to save a step and ask her what gift she wanted. She mentioned "Veggie Tales". Now for the uninitiated, Veggie Tales is an animated kid's series meant to relate biblical stories using cartoon vegetable characters. Each story is available on tape so I asked my sister-in-law if there was an episode she was missing. My sister-in-law checked and apparently my niece had all of the tapes. So then I had the bright idea of checking amazon.com to see if maybe there was a Veggie Tale toy or something that I could get for my niece. The following image of one of the Veggie Tale characters named "Larry the Cucumber" greeted me accompanied by the actual amazon.com link. (The more sensitive among you may want to avert your eyes):

Larry the Cucumber link on amazon.com

Needless to say that I was shocked and appalled! It doesn't help matters that it's battery-powered either! How dare these christians market a toy like this! I bet the most common shoppers of this item are leather-clad dominatrixes named Lusty Veronica. Well it's a safe bet that my niece will not receive a Veggie Tale toy for her birthday! Oy vey....I need to lie down.

[Edited by RAN on 27th August 2002 at 02:13]

Ran me hicistes reir muchisimo!!

But I think Mr. Pepino is not as bazaar as the Teletubbies...a bunch of quiet, weird and bright munecos...with tv's in their stomachs? Whatever happened to munecas de trapo and wooden tops and mini tea sets? Now you have weird Sponge Bob and Teletubbies and christian bible stories told by vegetables...the best animated bible story I had ever seen I saw in Mexico it was some company in Italy that had produced it...it had such profound and yet simple concepts made in a way that captured both the adults and children's attention....and the style was so lovely and artistic....like moving sculptures with such delicate yet detailed movements and expressions...no se...Dr. Edward....do you park that badly when you go to teach in Virginia? Lol. No creo. Lol.

Suki.
    LOL LOL LOL You made my day a light and happy thing Senor Eduardo Colon...lol. Mucha Azuquita for you again!!

Comment

???????????????????????????????????

What is wrong with Larry the Cucumber anyway?
      Or is it your perverted mind at work here?

Comment

Well, I guess...

This toy wasn't designed by a christian. And yes, our christian minds also run wild. That toy does bring impure thoughts to some adults. I don't think I'd like my son to learn the bible through a cucumber, anyway. Who's idea is this?

Comment

Originally posted by RAN
          "Larry the Cucumber"

It doesn't help matters that it's battery-powered either
          Oh, Jesus Christ! LMAO! When I read the first part of your post and saw the picture, only one thing came to my mind. Then I read the rest and saw that it's battery operated. Now, no one that na´ve wouldn't figure out the vulgarity of this toy, lol.

The little girl could be playing with it and hearing it stories in adolescents, but once she reaches puberty, that battery-operated dildo...I mean cucumber, could come in handy, lol.

It reminds me a story my grandmother saw on the news. How a woman went through airport security and there was a buzzing sound in her suitcase. Now, after 9-11-01, airport security doesn't take any chances. They forced her to open her bag, take the buzzing thing out, and hold it up high so that everyone could see what it was. Needless to say, she was embarrassed. Again, you can't be that na´ve not to figure out what I'm writing about, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RAN
            My 8 year old niece's birthday is coming up fast. Not having the time or inclination to go toy store, I decided to save a step and ask her what gift she wanted. She mentioned "Veggie Tales". Now for the uninitiated, Veggie Tales is an animated kid's series meant to relate biblical stories using cartoon vegetable characters. Each story is available on tape so I asked my sister-in-law if there was an episode she was missing. My sister-in-law checked and apparently my niece had all of the tapes. So then I had the bright idea of checking amazon.com to see if maybe there was a Veggie Tale toy or something that I could get for my niece. The following image of one of the Veggie Tale characters named "Larry the Cucumber" greeted me accompanied by the actual amazon.com link. (The more sensitive among you may want to avert your eyes):

Larry the Cucumber link on amazon.com

Needless to say that I was shocked and appalled! It doesn't help matters that it's battery-powered either! How dare these christians market a toy like this! I bet the most common shoppers of this item are leather-clad dominatrixes named Lusty Veronica. Well it's a safe bet that my niece will not receive a Veggie Tale toy for her birthday! Oy vey....I need to lie down.

[Edited by RAN on 27th August 2002 at 02:13]
            TO BE HONEST I REALLY AGREE WITH YOU BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT IT HAS TO DO IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN OR NOT.IT HAS TO DO IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT OR NOT.SOMEONE WHO MAKES SUCH TOYS LOOKING LIKE THAT IS AN IDIOT...OR SOMETHING WORSE ...
            I REALLY LIKED THE PARKING!!
            BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THE BOAT LEAVES???

ANASTASIA

Comment

Working...
            X