The Greatest Love Of All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Love Of All

Which is the greatest love of all? The love for God, for our mates, for our children, our country? One important love which at times may of us seem to forget all about is the love for ourselves. In this fast paced life we live and with so much to accomplish we often forget ourselves. We must keep in mind that we must nurture our souls, our spirit and love ourselves. This in turn will cause a chain reaction of an out pouring of love to give to others.
    Annie

Annie

I feel the greatest love of all is that of God. If we grasp it and live by it, everything else will fall in place. Loving ourselves is very important because God created us and would not want us to do harm to ourself. I feel that the more we love God, and care for ourself, the more we are able to love others/

Comment

You are right Letty, when we have the love of God in our hearts we love ourselves and in turn are able to give love to others. There's different kinds of love. Love of a mother, a sister a child. Then there's another kind of love. Love for a mate, which is known as " being in love". Then there's love and wanting. Querer y amar. Amar is giving love. Querer is wanting love. Yo te quiero, I want you. I appreciate any comments on this.
      Annie

Comment

Well, I think the greatest love of all is

myself. Of course, not to put God down, but I don't think God wants us to abandon ourselves and put him in a place in our lives he's not supposed to be.

I feel closer to God when I take care of my physical and spiritual self, which both are things that to me come from the inside out.

Comment

Thanks for your comment Hipo, you are right in that taking care of ourselves inside and out and taking care of our spirit is vey important. But having God in your heart is part of taking care of your soul and spirit, no? Also you can't put Him in the wrong place by having Him in your heart
          Annie

Comment

Working...
          X