What is love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    female television talk show host enters television studio and saunters in front of a crowd of angry women of various ages.

Host: The topic of today's show is men!

Audience: Booooooo!!!!!!!!
    That just about somes up the direction this is going. LOL.

Fausta writes:

Except Ran!
    You make me blush....stop it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOVE!

[b]Love is something wonderful, whether you get it from your mother, father, sister, brother, son or daughter, husband or wife.....We all get love from some one...including friends. Let's all share that LOVE we all have to give.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mammi
    The only love I know I can depend on is family. When my 3 year old son runs up to me and wraps his arms around my legs and says "Mommy! I love you a lot!" That is love. As far as the opposite sex love, nah!! forget it!!
    I know exactly what your saying!! My daughter goes to me the other day, "mommy I'm just gunna sit right here and cris-cross applesauce". I laughed so hard. She is a reflection of me, and I don't mind it. She is a reflection of my love for her. I'm sorry I can't say the same for men, they are just to selfish. I can understand why they call men "mama's boys". Mothers are the ones you are most attached too. Call me cynical, but I don't feel that men are needed, they have to many motives. "Love" to them usually has to do with sex, and any man that says other wise is a liar! Except Ran!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only love I know I can depend on is family. When my 3 year old son runs up to me and wraps his arms around my legs and says "Mommy! I love you a lot!" That is love. As far as the opposite sex love, nah!! forget it!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey Ran, that lovely lady in the "i love ny" picture didn't do that to you, did she???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Suki. How are you?

Despite the fact that love has been a pleasant and utterly benign emotion for me lately, I think back to darker days when I believed that:

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

-Matt Groening, "Life in Hell"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    love is also the most hated word to those who have nobody to share it with...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is all those things.

Suki, your post reveals a very happy person at peace with herself and the world. You're blessed.

Leave a comment:

• Suki
    started a topic What is love?

What is love?

LOVE. AMOR. What is it?

Is it seeing the light in your husband's eyes when you walk into a room? Is it the happy sigh your dog gives you when you praise him? Is it the quiet silence when you meditate or pray intensely and sincerely and all the troubles melt away in a place of worship? Is it a beautiful vista filled with a full moon, and bright stars with a cerulean sky in the background on a clear night in the Mountains? Is it early dawn on a beach in the Caribbean where all you hear is the wind and the lulling sound of the waves (going back and forth)? Is it hearing your mother hum and knowing with absolute certainty your parents would not hesitate to die to keep you safe? Is it knowing you would not hesitate to die to keep your baby safe? Is it human courtesy and decency and wanting to serve people and make a difference in their lives?

Is it wanting to express your love and making it so easy and comfortable for someone to receive your love? LOVE it is the most effortless thing to feel and yet the most essential thing in the world to have, but above all else the most rewarding, fun and satisfying and great feeling in the world to give. Amor amor amor. What a beautiful word.
Working...
X