No announcement yet.

What kind of car do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Car Lorelei the lovely one or the reality of what I drive?

LOL. I never learned to drive a car until I was 32 years old. True. lol. And the reason why I learned was I was afraid my father would need me to take him to the hospital and I would not be able to do it. So I learned for him. Lol. He bought me my first car...since he could no longer drive he surprised me with it....a 1993 Subaru loyale Sedan 4 door. It was a nice solid little car. Dark Red. Some drunk ran into a corner of it and messed it up. Then I was going to Vegas and then California one Christmas time in 2000 when my car was totalled and me my husband and two friends one from Japan and one from Mexico...all of us almost lost our lives. Some frazzled lady bent on last minute Christmas shopping on the highway hit us at 75 miles an hour and we spun out of control into the opposite direction of the highway....and a semi truck slammed on the breaks and was able to stop 2 inches from us....he said if he had not had his breaks fixed the day before, we would have died...all of us. My husband was unconscious and they got the jaws of life to get us out....the pain in my back and neck and legs was excruciating....and I am still seeing a chiropractor for another month related to that awful accident. And this is two years later. Cars, they are fun but deadly too!!

Someday.....I would like someone to let me drive their Volvo...convertible with leather seats...those are nice solid cars. Bye sweet Lorelei.

Let us go to the movies someday?

Bye, Suki.

Comment

Flor-negra, now that is hard to believe, a 1988 Corolla with less than 40,000 miles on it. Who did it belong to before? A little old lady who only drove it to church on Sunday? LOL! Well, I hope it gives you another 100,000 miles.

Suki, my friend, I'm surprised that you still are able to drive after those experiences. I'm glad that you were spared and haven't suffered any long-term effects from those accidents.

Yes, why can't they make all cars as safe as Volvos? I just can't get past their looks. I'm not sure what it is. LOL! Though I'll have to research the convertibles. Maybe they look good?

Yes, dinner and a movie! Any Puerto Rican restaurants in your neck of the woods?

Comment

'95 Mazda Protege

4 words for you....Don't buy a Mazda. They will run for ever, and you'll be stuck putting money into them for eternity!!!!LOL Dream car?? Would be something only my imagination could dream up. They have yet to make a car that has catered to my taste! Oh well back to dreaming!!!

Comment

I was driving a F2003 Ferrari Spider about 2:30 AM last night. I must have been going about 110 MPH when my wife rolled over in bed and slapped my head with her arm. When I finally got back to sleep I was somehow driving a 2003 Neon. I remember shaking my head on the pillow and telling myself: but they stopped making this car a couple of years ago!!! Anyways I just turned the wheel and crashed into a fire hydrant. I just hope I insured it earlier in the dream. I just can't remember...

Ferrari Spider

Neon

[Edited by JoseNestor on 17th January 2003 at 13:57]

Comment

I was driving a F2003 Ferrari Spider about 2:30 AM last night. I must have been going about 110 MPH when my wife rolled over in bed and slapped my head with her arm. When I finally got back to sleep I was somehow driving a 2003 Neon. I remember shaking my head on the pillow and telling myself: but they stopped making this car a couple of years ago!!! Anyways I just turned the wheel and crashed into a fire hydrant. I just hope I insured it earlier in the dream. I just can't remember...
            ROTFLMAO! Very funny, Jose!

Comment

Oh Fausta!

You have my deepest sympathy for owning a Mazda! It's like hitting rock bottom, smashing through that, and hitting another bottom that one never knew existed. If there is anything that I can do during this most somber period of automobile ownership, please let me know.

Your friend,

Ran

PS

From http://www.epinions.com in reference to the Mazda Protege:

Great 'Til The Airbags Blew my Arm Out the Window

High praise indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by RAN
                Oh Fausta!
                If there is anything that I can do during this most somber period of automobile ownership, please let me know.

Well....hmmm let me think....you could pay off the rest of my loan for me. Then buy me a new car, feed me grapes, do my laundry, wash my dishes, hmmmm.....Oh and pay of my school loan would be a nice extra. Thanks!!!!

P.S. Thanks for the link, it was quite interesting!!

Comment

WOW!!...You are good Loreiel, It did belong to a little old lady who only drove it to the supermarket and back home.......as a matter of fact it is going to the maintainence doctor this week for a work over, got to keep up with her....LOL...

Suki, better late then never, at 32 I had a dodge colt, that little baby last me 10 years before I decided to sell her and move south.

Geesssss Fausta, Why did you get a Mazda, that sounds like a big headache...I really don't get myself into complicated cars no matter how beautiful the are. The easier the repairs and parts, the better for my pocket, and believe me, I sport my little Corolla around town.

Jajajajajaja Jose, that must've been a nightmare, to dream about such a car and wake up to a slap in the face. jajajajajaja

Comment

Originally posted by JoseNestor
                    I was driving a F2003 Ferrari Spider about 2:30 AM last night. I must have been going about 110 MPH when my wife rolled over in bed and slapped my head with her arm.
                    Jose, that was too funny. You had me laughing outloud at work. Maybe your wife slapped you because she saw you in your dream, and it wasn't her sitting next to you in that Ferrari Spider! LOL!!

Comment

Fausta, my condolences...

I know all to well what it's like to own a lemon. I used to have one in a Chrysler New Yorker. It was a pretty car, with a nice stereo system. And it was so plush inside that you couldn't hear the road. But that car was always last to make it up a hill, it was so heavy. I only had 68,000 miles on it and the transmission went out. I had to replace the brakes every three months. I was glad to get rid of that thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X