Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/30/03 - PR's $2 billion Urban Train to Open

Click here: Alternativa de Transporte Integrado

So, how long before they realize that no one is going to use this train and it becomes an even bigger money-pit?

Comment

oppressed_oppressor

I think they've already realized that, that's why they've created this new bureaucracy to combine the different forms of transportation for greater efficiency. However, anyone with a small sense of intelligence would realize that the street system, the organization of the Metropolitan cities to their surroundings and eachother, the inefficiency of los carros públicos and their schedules, the short distance, the location, and the development of the surroundings of el Tren Urbano, the great accessible highway system...etc just doesn't support such efficiency. LOL To think that Rosselló wants to run for Governor, and Pesquera wants to too, and they're both responsible for this useless and expensive mass transit system, lol.

Comment

COudn't agree more. I currently live in isla verde and work in bayamon. it takes me 40 mins to get to work. i'm not going to drive to a train station, park my car (hope it doesn't get stolen), get on a train, get off in bayamon then take a bus to work. It will probably take the same amount of time and i have to worry about the train being on schedule. well, nothing runs late in puerto rico though....

Comment

They're going to have security at the parking lots, I would think, lol.

Originally posted by jmajcher
          I currently live in isla verde and work in bayamon. it takes me 40 mins to get to work. i'm not going to drive to a train station, park my car (hope it doesn't get stolen), get on a train, get off in bayamon then take a bus to work. It will probably take the same amount of time and i have to worry about the train being on schedule. well, nothing runs late in puerto rico though....
          That's another problem, people live at one side of the metro and work at the other side. Sometimes it's even worse. I have a buddy who lives in Aguas Buenas, but works in Condado. My aunt lives in Juncos, but works in Isla Verde. I understand the reason for such things, that's why it's important to extend these trains to other places around the island and also smart job distribution around the island. We can't have 60% of all jobs in one metro area and believe there's not going to be any tapones. Anyway, if everything goes well, that planned extension to Isla Verde will be built and you won't have to use your car, just a train ride and bus, which will probably take less time than driving. I remain optomistic and excited, however, a lot of key thing smust be worked out if this really will be the modern train for PR.

Comment

Working...
          X