Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry Message to Conciencia and Latinos who think the same!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davy, you're a disgusting human being, your soul deserves to be burned and punished, you're a self hating dark skin negro, with an inferiority complex, you feel inferior to most, you're a physco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abril
      I'm not ignorant to the "way of the world" Remember I AM African American, so I know all about predjudices. YES, even within my own family. Light skinned vs dark skinned, so you are not telling me anything I don't know about or face almost EVERYDAY of my life. Each of us chooses how we will respond or react to ANY given situation. We can either allow the ignorancs of the world to make us JUST as ignorant, or we can RISE above it. The fact that you even said in the end "I'll always be "just another n*gga", leads me to believe that's what you feel you are, and if that is the case, then that's exactly what you'll be. I am a PROUD, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT African American woman. I don't care what other people may call me or say about me, A n*gga I NEVER was, and a n*gga I'll NEVER be. The white man's nor any other man's labels define me. I define myself by my words, my actions and my deeds, and so do you and so does everyone else in this world. Sh*t, as you so eloquently put it, should make you, me and everyone else BETTER, more determined, more focused, not BITTER.
      You be blessed!!!

If you're African American, then why even mention your other mixes? Pick one, don't be so confused.

Comment

• All this bitter hatred...

Comment

• Delgado, the hate and ignorance is vast....much cannot be done to converse!

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww................... I forgot this debate! if you notice this loom and Dave guy are incrusted in their own failures! They insist that we Puerto Ricans shuold be assimilated by the North American Black Culture! I was trying to convey to this individual that we Rican have our own Black culture...he just never got...his hate was dominating his reasoning!

Saludos!

Comment

• Originally posted by conciencia
            Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww................... I forgot this debate! if you notice this loom and Dave guy are incrusted in their own failures! They insist that we Puerto Ricans shuold be assimilated by the North American Black Culture! I was trying to convey to this individual that we Rican have our own Black culture...he just never got...his hate was dominating his reasoning!

Saludos!

Someone else brought it up -- because I had ignored it when it originally came about, but I couldn't this time.

It's a touchy thing, though. I usually get ridiculed the other way for NOT conforming to "North American Black Culture" as if I am supposed to because I look like your typical Afro-American. And for me, it's extra touchy, because my family is mixed along those lines. I don't take sides, I just go with the flow depending on whatever group of friends/family I'm with. I am very much boricua, though, and that rubs some the wrong way.

Too bad.

But I do agree, there is a difference between "North American Black Culture" and even a greater difference between the culture in the South Bronx and throughout New York City and the culture amongst people from say, Loiza or someplace like that. Davy says he is from Surinam, so I can understand that.

Ultimately, until we appreciate differences instead of dividing amongst ourselves BECAUSE of differences -- and even worse, belittling those who refuse to conform or take sides as I mentioned earlier -- you're right, there won't be much to do about it, conciencia.

As I said, even for non-Puerto Ricans and non-latinos, it is just best to go with the flow. You know the old saying, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

When in Surinam, do as the Surinamese do
            When in the South Bronx, do as the South Bronx does.
            When in Ponce, do as they do.
            When in Rincon, do as they do...

Four different groups of Latinos, three neighborhoods of Puerto Ricans, all from different class levels and the people/culture a little different. South Bronx is rough, mostly ghetto, Ponce is a mix of both lower class and middle class and Rincon is more of an upper middle class town. No doubt Puerto Ricans inhibit each locale, but outside of being Boricuas at heart, they all act distinctively different based on their surroundings.

Why don't we realize that with everyone else in the world?

Comment

• We need to quit all of this racist crap one day!

"Black Americans are very dark skin people, with heavy features and nappy hair, that type is rare in Puerto Rico, not even most Dominicans look like Black Americans, Dominicans are morenos or mullatos.

Black Americans don't have much diversity, like White Americans.

You never been to Puerto Rico, or even met an Islarican.

What have Black Americans done in the united states? Be house slaves?

Keep worshiping Puerto Ricans, this is your place, accept it"
              Sexy Pure unadulterated (I am sorry you dont know what it means) ignorance!
              Whites Blacks Latinos and Asians comein all spapes colors and variations. Also if you find in archeology and biology everything came from an african. If you look at Africans not all are mixed or black or brown or have flat or pointed noses. They are alll different .People know nothing about genetics.This is why we Latinos have complexes about our looksas well as blacks and whites. This is due to our obsession of labeling everying in the later human term of RACE. Some want to be white, some want to be black , other are in the middle like me and Latino. We are all human genteically and then we assimulate to whatever the cultural and political standpoints of that race and look based on our hearts and experiences. It is a F'ed up world we live. I am ashamed to say that because of everyones attitudes due to race and what it grants them in terms of opportunities and material objects we divide ourselves. As in the case of New Orleans , or Honduras, or Dominican Republic, or Haiti (After the Hurricane), or how us Puerto ricans are treated. I hope you were joking sweatheart. If you are Black American good if your are Black Rican cool respect and protect your own culture ad live you lives at least we have one thing in common. When we leave this earth we are born alone and will die alone. I want to leave all of this hate, racist BS, and material BS behind and DIE. God doesnt care about any one this BS when he wieghs your heart to get into heaven. God help us make the right choices and learn to respect then Love one another, before we kill one another and then be stuck in hell. I am not perfect either but God help me to try!

sincerely,
              Gemenilaidback!

Comment

• I have been treated like dirt by my own African Americans, Asians, South Americans, Africans and Whites. I have also been helped y Mexicans when my car broke down, Columbians, Dominicans, Boricuas, African Americans, and Whites. You have good and bad people of all races, it seems the bad people are always in a position of power and influence all around the world.
                sincerely,
                gemenilaidback

Comment

• Originally posted by gemenilaidback
                  "Black Americans are very dark skin people, with heavy features and nappy hair, that type is rare in Puerto Rico, not even most Dominicans look like Black Americans, Dominicans are morenos or mullatos.

Black Americans don't have much diversity, like White Americans.

You never been to Puerto Rico, or even met an Islarican.

What have Black Americans done in the united states? Be house slaves?

Keep worshiping Puerto Ricans, this is your place, accept it"
                  Sexy Pure unadulterated (I am sorry you dont know what it means) ignorance!
                  Whites Blacks Latinos and Asians comein all spapes colors and variations. Also if you find in archeology and biology everything came from an african. If you look at Africans not all are mixed or black or brown or have flat or pointed noses. They are alll different .People know nothing about genetics.This is why we Latinos have complexes about our looksas well as blacks and whites. This is due to our obsession of labeling everying in the later human term of RACE. Some want to be white, some want to be black , other are in the middle like me and Latino. We are all human genteically and then we assimulate to whatever the cultural and political standpoints of that race and look based on our hearts and experiences. It is a F'ed up world we live. I am ashamed to say that because of everyones attitudes due to race and what it grants them in terms of opportunities and material objects we divide ourselves. As in the case of New Orleans , or Honduras, or Dominican Republic, or Haiti (After the Hurricane), or how us Puerto ricans are treated. I hope you were joking sweatheart. If you are Black American good if your are Black Rican cool respect and protect your own culture ad live you lives at least we have one thing in common. When we leave this earth we are born alone and will die alone. I want to leave all of this hate, racist BS, and material BS behind and DIE. God doesnt care about any one this BS when he wieghs your heart to get into heaven. God help us make the right choices and learn to respect then Love one another, before we kill one another and then be stuck in hell. I am not perfect either but God help me to try!

sincerely,
                  Gemenilaidback!

That's good right there.

Comment

Working...
                  X