Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you wone the LOTTO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you wone the LOTTO?

Your topics are all so serious

"ISRAEL TERRORISM... AL_QAIDA STYLE (Pages: 1 2 ) Voice 19 120 12th August 2004 11:44 by ElMastero
    Use the word Nigga (Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ) prietito88 69 931 12th August 2004 08:03 by ElMastero
    I can't even believe this post! "do i look like a latin girl???? " Italia_Lena 9 81 12th August 2004 07:28 by ElMastero
    Question for "Patriotic" Independistas (Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last page) eddierosado 158 1210 12th August 2004 05:03 by Suki
    PUERTORRICANS VS. NEWYORICANS dulceAMOR 5 78 12th August 2004 02:07 by ElMastero
    Contraception=Mortal Sin for Catholics. How do you feel about that?"

What would you do if you wone the lotto?

Kind of fun to think about

I was thinking I could get a Prius or a Pontiac GTO.
    Then I thought why not both

What would you do if you wone the lotto?

I would open a Puerto Rican educational center. It would be affiliated with colleges and universities in the United States and would target Puerto Rican college students in the states. It would be located somewhere in the San Juan metro area, and it would provide the college students a chance to spend a semester on the island. However, what would be different about it is it would be geared to study Puerto Rican sociology, culture, and history, with the emphasis being on the sociology part. Maybe throw in a Spanish language course as well.

The courses would count as college credits for the students. Of course it would have to be staffed by qualified professors who would teach college level courses approved by accredited institutions. While winning the lotto would provide start up costs, the center would depend on tuition, fees, and private donations to maintain itself.

While the ideal target would be Puerto Ricans who are from the states, it would accept anyone who wished to attend. The idea is to create a real awareness of the current issues of the island without taking a particular political stance. This is important because I would prefer to avoid the tunnel vision many Puerto Rican institutions tend to get when there is a political agenda. The idea would also be to create a larger awareness of these issues among Puerto Ricans in the U.S., and anyone else interested for that matter, as there isn't enough accurate information on Puerto Rico both among Puerto Ricans in the states and in general.

This is what I'd like to do. Whether enough educational institutions would participate or whether it's financially feasible is another question, but I'd give it a shot.

Comment

What would I do if i won the LOTTO?

When i signed in this morning and saw this Thread i could not help but laugh. Laugh at the simplicity of the question. I dont know for sure if the reason you put in this question was because you was making fun of the topics that are discussed at the "Open Board" and figured that this is a good a topic as any. But let me tell you that I laughed. Never the less to answer your question. I would buy my mother a home/house big enough to house her and any of my sisters should they wish to move in with her. I would also buy myself a home for me and my 2 children. Then I would travel around the world. I would also ensure that my kids,my nieces and nephews go on to college. Oh i would also share my wealth with my sisters and close friends. Boring, right? well what can i tell you.... I am not one to ask too much out of life. Thank you for the laugh.

Comment

I would start a production company and bring to life the literature of Hispano America. Starting with "Love in the Time of Cholera" followed by "Silent Dancing" and continuing on to 1/2 hour programs of great short stories. Develop a housing program to shelter working single mothers and fathers who need 2 years of secured housing so they can acquire an Associate's Degree. After graduation they can move on independently and make room for the next person wanting to receive a BOOST.
        If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
        Thomas Szasz

Comment

IF I WON THE LOTTO????

if i won the lotto i want to open my veterinary clinic for help all the animals who suffer in the streets in puerto rico and try to save other kind of animals.And i would like to change the law for animals in puerto rico.
          maria rodriguez

Comment

just was not in the mood for the seriousness

Glad you got a laugh

Comment

IF I WIN THE LOTTO I WOULD...

BUILD A CENTER FOR ABUSED CHILDREN TAKEN AWAY FROM THEIR CRUEL ENVIROMENT. IT WOULD BE FROM AGES NEWBORN TO 18 YEARS OLD IN PUERTO RICO AND IF POSSIBLE SOME OTHER COUNTRIES. THIS CENTER WOULD HAVE EVERYTHING, SUCH AS: SCHOOL, ACTIVITIES LIKE: SUNDAE AND DOUGHNUT DAY, GRILL DAY, CAMPING DAY WITH SCARY STORIES THEME, HOLIDAYS CELEBRATION, ECT., COUNSELING, FIELDTRIPS, A HUGE POOL WITH SLIDES AND DIVING BOARD, A TRACK AND ALL KINDS SPORT FILEDS, A BIG THEATER AND A MINI AMUSEMENT PARK AND MUCH MORE.
              THESE CHILDREN WOULD ALSO HAVE THEIR OWN ROOM AND IT WOULD BE DECORATED DEPENDING ON THEIR AGE OR STYLE. THEY HAVE THIER OWN LITTLE BATHROOM. THEY WILL HAVE A LIBRARY AND A GYM, ALSO A HUGE CAFETERIA AND A CHURCH. I WANT IT TO BE FUN FOR THEM, NOT JUST ANY OTHER BORING CENTER. AFTER THEY GRADUTE AND ITS TIME TO MOVE ON, ENROLL THEM IN COLLEGE AND HELP THEM FIND A JOB PLACEMENT, THAT WAY THEY ARE READY TO MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIVES. OFCOURSE I WILL HAVE TO WIN AT LEAST A FEW MILLIONS TO DO THIS, AND IF SO I WILL ALSO HAVE THE THINGS I'LL LIKE AFTER I MAKE THIS DREAM COME TRUE. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE KIDS FACES OF HAPPINESS WHEN THEY SEE ALL OF THESE THINGS, IT WOULD BE LIKE A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR THEM.

Comment

If I won

I would added to my living trust to prevent the kids and the taxman from getting it. I would ask God to use me as a miracle worker as follows:

Help some folks from losig their homes for any reason.
                Help talented poor children get a head start on their education.
                Give my two sisters some money to improve their lives.
                Secretly buy a few folks cars, titles, insurance, and plates and leave it in their driveways.
                Build a simple vacation home for me and my family near a beach in Southwestern Puerto Rico.
                Work a miracle whenever possible.
                Never, Never, will a beneficiary know that it was me as I want it to be between God and I only.

In doing all the above with the interest earned without touching the principal.
                Note: the first check however, will go to my church and my Bishop in the USA and Puerto Rico, because God gets the first check! Amen Brohers! God Bless You with a source of Greater wealth!

Comment

I would buy and expand PR.COM so this site would always be here for us to share our views and friendship.

Then I would quit my job and buy an island somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                  X