Suki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suki

First off I would like to say LOL! Your being frustrated with me is quite laughable. You say that I'm the one who's beating a dead horse, I just comment on it. I usually never post, I just see you all on here talking about how the U.S. is so racist and I am entitled to voice my opinions. You always dodge me. Why? I point out the absence of Afro-Puerto Rican government officials and the best you can come up with is 'I had a black step mother'. I look at the facts. Everyone on here also dodged the fact that 81% of Puerto Ricans claimed to be white on the 2000 Census. That's the majority. So I'm not saying all Puerto Ricans feel this way, just the majority. You may very well not be in the majority.

Now you ask me what my point is? Well you know the words existing and living have an affinity, but they're not the same. No, living has a much greater meaning. To exist means that you're there, it means you're present. Toasters exist, televisions exist, but they don't live. It's time for Afro-Latinos to start living more. They should play a larger role in the government, they should have a larger role in the Latino community in general. And if you consider me wrong for thinking that then I guess I'm wrong in your eyes.

Another thing, you seem to want testimonials from Afro-Latinos. I can get those for you. How about Kelvin A. Santiago-Valles? He's a Puerto Rican and an Associate Professor of Sociology, of Africana studies and of Latin American and Carribean Area Studies at Binghamton University-State University of New York. You should read his chapter on Puerto Rico in No Longer Invisible. He talks about how blacks commit most of the crimes in Puerto Rico due to disadvantages, he talks about a black woman named Adolfina Villanueva, who was gunned down by Puerto Rican policemen, he talks about the derogatory word, cocolo or whatever. There are testimonials from black Puerto Ricans who claim that race, more than anything else is the cause of their disadvantages. Are you calling them liars? Surely you wouldn't call a Puerto Rican scholar a liar. I can't expect you to look at it from a black persons point of view but atleast try.

Oh, and I have a question, if Puerto Ricans are so united then why did the 'Encuentro de Mujeres Negras de Latinoamerica y del caribe' take place. If everyone really has the same advantages and disadvantagese why did they have to organize? One more thing, remember what Malcolm X said. 'Sitting down at a table does not make you a diner'. Just because they're there doesn't mean they get accepted.

[Edited by Da_Realest on 30th September 2004 at 07:23]

I don't understand what are your points still Da Realest. I already said many times RACISM EXISTS in Puerto Rico. Who is denying this? I am not. So, again--what is your point? That the only way "Afro-Latinos" can make progress is by organizing "Afro-Latino" organizations? What you should do if the theme interests you deeply is go and ask the Afro Puerto Ricans where their organizations exists to promote Afro-Puerto Rican interests? BTW, it wasn't my 'stepmother' it was my mother in law. Lol. And I have Afro genes too. Mixed in with many other genes. Like most Puerto Ricans. So, again. What is your point. And in Puerto Rico there is no 'box' to say what race you are. I fill those out in the USA only. And frankly I never put white. I put anything but. Lol.

So, again, ask Corvo who also is an African Studies person and an Afro Latino why he disagreed with many of your points. I think Waneko was incredibly patient with you. You never really dealt with his valid points. So, if you want to cope with points Da Realest. Make your points. If people disagree with you, that is it. They disagree. Not much more to add.

Da Realest, if you think I am frustrated with you, you are invalid in that. You don't post enough for me to be 'frustrated' with you. What I do notice is that you are MONOTHEMATIC. You are interested in one theme only. Racism and wanting to be white brown nosing Puerto Ricans. I aint one of them. So what is your point? Again. Get with the points. Why don't you ask "El Jibaro" (who is an Afro Puerto Rican) why he is such a brown noser? Lol. And change the theme? Lol. You already told me Da Realest you are an African American and not Puerto Rican. You come to a Puerto Rican board to post themes or talk about themes in which you always wind up saying that Puerto Ricans are worse racists than white people. You cite Chicano gangs in LA as example of Latino intolerance to AA's. I find that ludicrous. You talk about univision soap operas as evidence of Latin American discrimination. I hate soaps. And said so. And also waneko pointed out to you that NBC owned some of those Spanish language channels and that USA wall street signs the checks of those racist producers of soaps on tv paychecks. I mean Da Realest. Start getting to the core of what you truly feel. Don't avoid. Just get it out and over with. And change the theme. It is boring to talk to death about the same theme no matter how much it might interest you.

Variety is the spice of message boards. Vary Da Realest. Vary the themes.

Comment

Originally posted by Suki
      I don't understand what are your points still Da Realest. I already said many times RACISM EXISTS in Puerto Rico. Who is denying this? I am not. So, again--what is your point? That the only way "Afro-Latinos" can make progress is by organizing "Afro-Latino" organizations? What you should do if the theme interests you deeply is go and ask the Afro Puerto Ricans where their organizations exists to promote Afro-Puerto Rican interests? BTW, it wasn't my 'stepmother' it was my mother in law. Lol. And I have Afro genes too. Mixed in with many other genes. Like most Puerto Ricans. So, again. What is your point. And in Puerto Rico there is no 'box' to say what race you are. I fill those out in the USA only. And frankly I never put white. I put anything but. Lol.

So, again, ask Corvo who also is an African Studies person and an Afro Latino why he disagreed with many of your points. I think Waneko was incredibly patient with you. You never really dealt with his valid points. So, if you want to cope with points Da Realest. Make your points. If people disagree with you, that is it. They disagree. Not much more to add.

Da Realest, if you think I am frustrated with you, you are invalid in that. You don't post enough for me to be 'frustrated' with you. What I do notice is that you are MONOTHEMATIC. You are interested in one theme only. Racism and wanting to be white brown nosing Puerto Ricans. I aint one of them. So what is your point? Again. Get with the points. Why don't you ask "El Jibaro" (who is an Afro Puerto Rican) why he is such a brown noser? Lol. And change the theme? Lol. You already told me Da Realest you are an African American and not Puerto Rican. You come to a Puerto Rican board to post themes or talk about themes in which you always wind up saying that Puerto Ricans are worse racists than white people. You cite Chicano gangs in LA as example of Latino intolerance to AA's. I find that ludicrous. You talk about univision soap operas as evidence of Latin American discrimination. I hate soaps. And said so. And also waneko pointed out to you that NBC owned some of those Spanish language channels and that USA wall street signs the checks of those racist producers of soaps on tv paychecks. I mean Da Realest. Start getting to the core of what you truly feel. Don't avoid. Just get it out and over with. And change the theme. It is boring to talk to death about the same theme no matter how much it might interest you.

Variety is the spice of message boards. Vary Da Realest. Vary the themes.
      MY POINT IS THAT RACISM IS WORSE IN LATIN AMERICA IN GENERAL. YOU'RE BASICALLY SAYING THAT BECAUSE YOU'RE COUNTRY IS POORER THAT IT IS LESS RACIST. BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE. THE FACT THAT OUR COUNTRY IS RICHER MAKES IT SEEM MORE RACIST BECAUSE A GAP IS MORE VISIBLE. IS A KLAN MEMBER WHO IS POOR ANY BETTER THAN A KLAN MEMBER WHO IS RICH? I THINK NOT. CAN YOU HONESTLY SAY THAT PUERTO RICO HAS DONE MORE FOR BLACKS THAN THE U.S.? EVEN IN THE DARKEST DAYS THERE WERE ALWAYS SOME WHITE AMERICANS WHO TRIED HELPING US. THEY RISKED THEIR LIVES, AS YOU MUST KNOW KLAN MEMBERS DIDN'T MIND KILLING 'NI99ER LOVERS' EITHER. WHEN WE WERE IN SLAVERY, THERE WERE ABOLITIONISTS, DURING THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WERE WHITE CIVIL RIGHTS LEADERS. I BELIEVE WE ARE MORE UNITED. THAT'S MY HONEST OPINION. I DON'T THINK PEOPLE HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE SAME MUSIC OR EAT THE SAME FOOD TO WORK TOGETHER FOR A COMMON CAUSE. I'M SURE A LOT OF WHITES IN THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT DIDN'T LISTEN TO BLUES OR EAT CORN BREAD BUT THEY FOUGHT FOR WHAT THEY THOUGHT WAS RIGHT. IT'S ABOUT COMMONALITIES, NOT DIFFERENCES. PUERTO RICANS THINK THAT BECAUSE WE HAVE DIFFERENCES THAT WE ARE MORE RACIST. BUT DO YOU SEE ANY WHITE PUERTO RICANS DOING THIS? http://www.hunterbear.org/Woolworth%...%20Jackson.htm (OBSERVE HOW THE WHITE CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS REMAIN THERE IN AN ALL WHITE RESTAURANT SITTING NEXT TO A BLACK GIRL) OR THIS http://www.floridamemory.com/OnlineC...um/rc12794.cfm OR THIS http://www.britannica.com/blackhisto...ro/129/80.html OR THIS http://www.floridamemory.com/OnlineC...ts/rc03284.jpg

HOPEFULLY YOU'VE GOTTEN MY MESSAGE. MY POINT IS THAT FOR ALL THAT WHITE AMERICANS HAVE DONE TO US, ATLEAS THERE WERE SOME WHO HELPED MAKE CHANGES, AS CORVO SAID. WE JUST KEEP IMPROVING MORE AND MORE. WE'VE BROKEN MOST BARRIERS TOGETHER. WE JUST NEED A BLACK PRESIDENT ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW IF WE'RE READY FOR ONE. BUT YOU ON THE OTHER HAND SHOULD WORK ON A BLACK SECRETARY OF STATE OR SOMETHING. YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE, START SMALL< EVEN A RIVER WAS ONCE A STREAM. BUT BEING PERMISSIVE ABOUT IT WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE. AND AS FOR MEXICANS, ATLEAST THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO SHED LIGHT ON IT. MY BARBER FOR EXAMPLE, HE'S TOLD ME ABOUT HIS FRIENDS THAT SEE THEMSELVES AS WHITE, OR HOW LATINOS STARE AT HIM AND HIS BLACK GIRLFRIEND WITH DISGUST. THE FIRST STEP IS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I MAY SEEM MONOTONOUS TO YOU BUT I DON'T CARE. I TALK ABOUT OTHER THINGS, JUST NOT TO YOU OR ON THIS SITE.

'KNOWING IS NOT ENOUGH, WE MUST APPLY, WILLING IS NOT ENOUGH, WE MUST DO'-BRUCE LEE

Comment

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SUKI YOU ARE RACIST

WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL THE FACE OF THE MEDIA IS BLACK.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL TOP POLITITIANS ARE BLACK.

find fifo in the picture. he is outhere.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THERE IS NO POOR BLACKS.

Do I really need to put the pictures?

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE TOP 4% OF BILLIONARES ARE BLACK.

Do I really need to put the pictures of this ones too?

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE INTENTION OF SYSTEMATIC OPRESSION ON BLACK IS JUST A THING OF THE PAST.

http://www.adl.org/learn/felton/default.asp

SUKI, YOU ARE A RACIST BEAST, [just kidding girl, da realest fact is that he is an !diot]

I am still waiting for my reply "pendejo".

Comment

Joshue,

You made me laugh so hard I had to take a bathroom break!!

The mainland done solved the race disputes. It is all over with. Do you know what made me mearme de la risa Joshue? That Skinhead ugly dude with the tatoos. He is out of control. Da Realest don't you go to that freaky guy's neighborhood. Stick with us boricuas. Stay safe!!LLLLLLOOOOOLLLLLL

Comment

Cuchifritos vs. Waffle House

Suki,

You've made your point. Realest is just too stuck on Jim Crow. Y punto! He speaks as if southern black politicians give 2 cents about Puerto Rico..lol As if Puerto Rico has an obligation to the US black community. Puhleese. We have other MORE IMPORTANT things to worry about.

Comment

When I read Da Realest post I thought, "Sure they should play a larger role in government. The power of the vote for starters would help. Poverty was never an excuse for killing, infact before 1898 when almost everyone was poor there was hardly any crime in the island. Drugs is what's doing the killing in PR. The "derogotory" word Cocolo was used by Ricans of all colors on Blacks from the US not Ricans on Ricans."

I didn't post wondering how Suki was going to respond, but Joshue did a great job! I still can't find fifo!
              If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
              Thomas Szasz

Comment

was doing a yahoo search and i stumbled across this board. ive been reading through it i noticed some interesting topics.
                so i would like to put my 2 cents into this argument. I think da realest makes some good points but theres also some things i dissagree with.From what i've read, it seems as if he's trying to label people 'black' to get them to identify with black struggle in america. what he fails to understand is that it's not ONLY about race but cultural differences for the most part.while i cant speak about puerto rico, i can say that ALL minorities in the U.S., share similiarities in there struggle. however, we share many differences as well.

I've met quite a few black skinned puerto ricans in my day and i automatiacally assumed that they were african american. often i will make this mistake and later find out that they are puerto rican. It seems like da reasest is trying to FORCE african american culture on black puerto ricans and puerto ricans in general. that's not a good thing in my opinion because i think it's important for people of all nationalities to be able to label themselves how they would like, not how other people see them.

culture may or may not divide puerto ricans and african americans.i think that alot of the racism and prejudice comes from older generations. the younger generations seem to accept others better now a days. one thing that i've seen unite african americans and PR's in america is hip hop. Eventhough both groups come from different back grounds, we can share the same culture which is hip hop. you can go to the bronx, harlem etc. and see for yourselves.

i dont have a problem with puerto ricans embracing black culture and struggle but i wouldnt want to force it on them just because SOME puerto ricans look like U.S. blacks. i understand that some people are going through an itentity crisis in both the U.S. and puerto rico but its not my postion to speak on that. However, i do find it sad that some people deny their african ancestry. It's sad to think that in the year 2004, there are tar black people thoughtout the world who are ashamed of being black. i feel sorry for them because i know that to some people, they arent viewed as 'real' puerto ricans/latinos. my friend who is a black puerto rican told me that he doesnt view his self as latino becaus he has little to no latin blood at all. he says that he's just a "nigga who speaks spanish".

I think that people may be ashamed because they want to be accepted by whites/europeans. and we all know the general european perception that black=ugly. some of you may be interested in clicking here to see how 'original' latin people of spain/italy view 'latinos'.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118486

just read the first couple of pages and tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossman

I think that people may be ashamed because they want to be accepted by whites/europeans. and we all know the general european perception that black=ugly. some of you may be interested in clicking here to see how 'original' latin people of spain/italy view 'latinos'.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118486

just read the first couple of pages and tell me what you think.
                  Sorry, but a site that is endorsed by David Duke (his name is on it) would hardly represent the opinions of any particular ethnic group or race of people. Stormfront is just another venue for bigots.

Comment

Your absolutely right Waneko. When I saw the word "Stormfront"...I thought, "Hey isn't that the KKK Website?" Why would I listen to (listen to this Da Realest) RACIST people. There are thousands on that website talking about hate. Where's the origin of that site? Surely not Puerto Rico or Latin America!
                    If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
                    Thomas Szasz

Comment

Originally posted by Joshue
                      YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SUKI YOU ARE RACIST

WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL THE FACE OF THE MEDIA IS BLACK.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL TOP POLITITIANS ARE BLACK.

find fifo in the picture. he is outhere.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THERE IS NO POOR BLACKS.

Do I really need to put the pictures?

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE TOP 4% OF BILLIONARES ARE BLACK.

Do I really need to put the pictures of this ones too?

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE INTENTION OF SYSTEMATIC OPRESSION ON BLACK IS JUST A THING OF THE PAST.

http://www.adl.org/learn/felton/default.asp

SUKI, YOU ARE A RACIST BEAST, [just kidding girl, da realest fact is that he is an !diot]

I am still waiting for my reply "pendejo".
                      Wow, you found two pictures of white politicians, you could have found photos with black politicans but you purposely did this to evade the truth. I don't see you pulling up any Afro-Puerto Rican politicians though either, so....

You're just like Rivera. He talked about Puerto Rican unity, then right after that he commented that he wouldn't allow his daughter to date a black Puerto Rican. How hypocritical is that? Once Waneko told me that his own parents we're prejudice, but yet all of you lecture me.

As Corvo said, there's racism in Latin America it's just a different flavor. What we faced in the U.S. is hate, what Afro-Latinos face is neglect. Latin Americans remind me of my two favorite commercials. You know the one where the boy is sitting in his basement and he's watching t.v., then his brother says 'my brother didn't ruin his life by getting a girl pregnant or doing drugs, he just didn't do anything. The commercial emphasizes that neglect is just as damaging as taking a negative path. White Americans hurt us with hate and violence, Non-black Latin Americans have hurt Afro-Latinos by doing nothing. Of course hate and violence is worse in the beginning, but in the long run neglect starts to add up. If I had two sons and one of them was doing drugs and one that was lazy, of course I'd see to getting the drug addict help first, but I would still have to see to my other son also because doing nothing is just as bad in the long run. And anyone with an ounce of wisdom knows that people aren't judged by their mistakes, they're judged by how they deal with them. Anyways, the other commercial you remind me of is the one where everyone's standing around the piece of garbage and no one wants to pick it up and throw it away, they just watch, and then someone says 'I'm this close to picking it up', but they just stand and watch. All people do on this site is prove me right. You talk about U.S. racism then you deny your own racism.

I don't see why this is such a big joke to everyone. Do you think this is a joke?

Afro-Latinos see common struggle for justice, identity in the Americas
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Jose Lara-Muhammad

SAN JOSE DE BARLOVENTO, Venezuela—In this lush green valley town, nestled in South America, approximately 90 percent of the population is of African descent.

It was the appropriate setting for the second International Reunion of the African Family in Latin America, held in July. Nearly 300 delegates from 20 countries, including the United States, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, and South America attended the gathering.

Delegates participated in an array of workshops about the social, economic, religious, cultural and historical battles Afro Latino communities face in fighting poverty, racism and invisibility. The workshops were simultaneously translated into Spanish, English and Portuguese.

The descendants of Africans in Latin America represent 40 percent of the poor in the region, suffer racial discrimination, poor education, high infant mortality, ethnic cleansing, and verbal and media image insults, delegates said.

All of the abuse occurs with the tacit approval of Latin American governments, who feel Black communities do not exist in their countries, delegates charged.

There was no international non-governmental organization to serve as a watch dog and advocate for these 150 million people, until the creation of the Organization of Africans in the Americas (OAA), which sponsored the reunion.

OAA Secretary General Michael Franklin has lobbied U.S. politicians, International Development Banks, the Organization of American States and Latin American governments to recognize and assist this long neglected and important group in the African Diaspora.

"What this conference has done is to provide a space in which Blacks are able to come together and talk about what their needs are, what their pains are, what their successes are, and this doesn’t happen very often," said Mr. Franklin.

"The second accomplishment is that Blacks in Latin America do not have programs where they talk about Black history, or Black culture or concentrate on themselves. But, in addition, we are also trying to fill that internal space, that emptiness relating to their culture, their history, and knowledge of who they are.

"Thirdly, Latin American governments do not support Black communities, therefore, the presence of the U.S. government here, with the ambassador, letters from the president, the vice president, and letters of support from major institutions from the United States shows Blacks and Latin American governments that governments can work successfully with Black people," Mr. Franklin added.

"Thank God for this conference, its sponsors and supporters. If African communitites in Latin America do not organize and their plight is not made known, we will have Kosovo-style ethnic cleansing at a continental level, but without the benefit of the media," said Min. Muhammad Abdullah Muhammad, national Latino minister of the Nation of Islam.

"Latin American governments are treating Black people past the stage of ‘benign neglect’ and into a state of ‘total neglect,’ which could lead to gradual extinction, if something is not done soon," Min. Muhammad warned.

Neglect is actually worse than hate in the long run. Latin Americans aren't dressing up in white sheets or burning black churches, they're just doing nothing. I don't have to say it, Carlos, says it from an Afro-Latino point of view.

'I support coalition building that works toward justice, economic and political power of African Americans and Latinos. However, it is ironic that some Latino leaders and organizations seeking equal treatment and equal justice have ignored the issue of race within our own community in terms of their treatment of Latinos of African descendants as well as indigenous people. Race discrimination is a skeleton in the closet of the Latino community.

The debate on race relations among Latinos has intensified in the last decade. As a Puerto Rican of African descendants, I am hopeful that the signing of this covenant will crystallize the issue. In fact, the leaders who signed the covenant should make this issue a priority on the coalition's agenda. The pertinent questions are: Why have Latinos of African descent and indigenous people been excluded from gaining economic and political power? Why have their presence and their contributions been ignored?

Latino leaders and organizations do not want to acknowledge that racism exists among our people, so they have ignored the issue by subscribing to a national origin strategy. This strategy identifies Latinos as a group comprising different nationalities, thereby creating the false impression that Latinos live in a color-blind society.'

Comment

Joshue,

You made me laugh so hard I had to take a bathroom break!!

The mainland done solved the race disputes. It is all over with. Do you know what made me mearme de la risa Joshue? That Skinhead ugly dude with the tatoos. He is out of control. Da Realest don't you go to that freaky guy's neighborhood. Stick with us boricuas. Stay safe!!LLLLLLOOOOOLLLLLL
                        I'm not laughing now, there's nothing comical about this situation, it's all a big joke to you though isn't it?

I didn't have time to reply to you about Spanish television yesterday, but anyway, the U.S. does own Telemundo but so what? They don't make the shows, most of them are probably made in Latin America. A white guy owns BET but he doesn't have much involvement, the shows are the same shows that were there before he came. He just collects a check. Besides, like Ernesto Quinonez said, the idea that white means beauty, intelligence, etc., has plagued Latin America for centuries, it predates the existance of the U.S. or television so stop trying to pin every one of your problems on us.

And as for Puerto Ricans, I think I'll pass. The bigbossman can do what he likes. 81 percent of Puerto Ricans claim white, it's documented. There's no getting around it. Stanley said 'they don't mean anything by it', yeah, just like I don't mean anything by saying I'm black. But once someone who is in this 81% of people comes to the U.S. they are not accepted as white so then they identify with black Americans. Expressing African heritage becomes convenient so I'd probably do it to. White Puerto Ricans are oppurtunists. Stanley's pretty cool though

Comment

Da Realest,
                          In some ways you haven't respected Puerto Ricans. You have not. I have never disrespected African Americans and their struggles. To me the greatest Puerto Ricans in our history have been of African origin. Always.

Pedro Albizu Campos--Puerto Rican Nationalist (and a Mulatto)

Emeterio Betances--Leader of the Grito de Lares look it up: Another Afro Puerto Rican of prominence.

http://www.redbetances.com

Check out who this great Betances was (he was the father of Puerto Rican nationalism and here is a link on him [an Afro Puerto Rican]) and on the 23rd of September and considered a national holiday in Puerto Rico because of him. He was Afro and Puerto Rican too.

http://www.elboricua.com/lares.html

Check out the science fair projects on Puerto Ricans

http://www.all-science-fair-projects..._Puerto_Ricans

And don't forget Arturo Alfonso Schomberg the founder of the New York Public Library's Schomberg collection the biggest collection of African studies books and articles founded by YES, another Afro Puerto Rican. Though all of them just considered themselves Puerto Ricans. They always were great men. Puerto Ricans and Afro orgin people too. Da Realest we never had Jim Crow laws. And you are gonna be hard pressed finding KKK members in Puerto Rico. The only men riding in White Sheets might have been Roman Catholics in rituals. Though, you are right. Racism is no laughing matter. Not for Puerto Ricans or for African Americans either. But Phidawg is right. How many Afro Americans care enough about Puerto Rico? I respect Al Sharpton he went to jail for Vieques and for the Puerto Ricans. But, I don't see much respect for us in your writings Da Realest. So, don't act surprised if Joshue, Jane or Waneko or Phidawg decide to be light hearted with your racism claims and defenses of USA styles of coping with that vile racism. Cuz you need to see we have quite a history too. And it should be respected.

Look through that science fair list. There are a whole bunch of Puerto Ricans on it and many are Afro Puerto Ricans. And the WHITE LOOKING Puerto Ricans not only helped them and were with them. They married each other and had kids and were family together way before the MISSISSIPPI laws against interracial marriage were repealed. Lol. Da Realest. If you respect Puerto Ricans learn the history. If you aren't interested in the history and just want to label us 'racists', hey, you lose out. I don't. I studied the Civil Right Movement, and Malcolm X, and many people. Medgar Evers. And Rosa Parks. And many people. Be respectful. Study the Puerto Ricans, the black looking ones, the white looking ones and the majority. The MIXED ones. With respect. You won't regret the learning. Guaranteed.

If you don't want to learn about Puerto Rican history then say so now. But I will tell you the first sign of respect is to study others histories.

[Edited by Suki on 1st October 2004 at 12:54]

Comment

Da Realest,
                            In some ways you haven't respected Puerto Ricans. You have not. I have never disrespected African Americans and their struggles. To me the greatest Puerto Ricans in our history have been of African origin. Always.

Pedro Albizu Campos--Puerto Rican Nationalist (and a Mulatto)

Emeterio Betances--Leader of the Grito de Lares look it up: Another Afro Puerto Rican of prominence.

http://www.redbetances.com

Check out who this great Betances was (he was the father of Puerto Rican nationalism and here is a link on him [an Afro Puerto Rican]) and on the 23rd of September and considered a national holiday in Puerto Rico because of him. He was Afro and Puerto Rican too.

http://www.elboricua.com/lares.html

Check out the science fair projects on Puerto Ricans

http://www.all-science-fair-projects..._Puerto_Ricans

And don't forget Arturo Alfonso Schomberg the founder of the New York Public Library's Schomberg collection the biggest collection of African studies books and articles founded by YES, another Afro Puerto Rican. Though all of them just considered themselves Puerto Ricans. They always were great men. Puerto Ricans and Afro orgin people too. Da Realest we never had Jim Crow laws. And you are gonna be hard pressed finding KKK members in Puerto Rico. The only men riding in White Sheets might have been Roman Catholics in rituals. Though, you are right. Racism is no laughing matter. Not for Puerto Ricans or for African Americans either. But Phidawg is right. How many Afro Americans care enough about Puerto Rico? I respect Al Sharpton he went to jail for Vieques and for the Puerto Ricans. But, I don't see much respect for us in your writings Da Realest. So, don't act surprised if Joshue, Jane or Waneko or Phidawg decide to be light hearted with your racism claims and defenses of USA styles of coping with that vile racism. Cuz you need to see we have quite a history too. And it should be respected.

Look through that science fair list. There are a whole bunch of Puerto Ricans on it and many are Afro Puerto Ricans. And the WHITE LOOKING Puerto Ricans not only helped them and were with them. They married each other and had kids and were family together way before the MISSISSIPPI laws against interracial marriage were repealed. Lol. Da Realest. If you respect Puerto Ricans learn the history. If you aren't interested in the history and just want to label us 'racists', hey, you lose out. I don't. I studied the Civil Right Movement, and Malcolm X, and many people. Medgar Evers. And Rosa Parks. And many people. Be respectful. Study the Puerto Ricans, the black looking ones, the white looking ones and the majority. The MIXED ones. With respect. You won't regret the learning. Guaranteed.

If you don't want to learn about Puerto Rican history then say so now. But I will tell you the first sign of respect is to study others histories.

[Edited by Suki on 1st October 2004 at 12:54]
                            I don't think I've disrespected anybody. Joshue called me a pendejo and an idiot, but I didn't retalliate. I'm a gentleman. I can't remember who it was on this site, but they pointed out that I have been extremely nice considering how everyone gangs up on me. I think so too. I've always reserved the niceties. Even though it's Da_Realest vs. puertorico.com, the never ending battle. So be it. I just try sticking up for my country like you try sticking up for yours. PS I wish Joshue wouldn't have held back though, he should have said what he felt and called me cocolo.

I don't think a sheet makes a man racist, I think the way he acts makes him a racist. Jose Ingenieros said 'negros are closer to apes than to civilized man and all that is done in favor of the inferior races is antiscientific, it's best that they die out agreeably'. Now that statement is just as bad as what they say in KKK speeches, but you don't see anyone talking about it. Laureano Gomez said that blacks are a plague and Latin American countries where we are absent are more successful. But no one is talking about that. I'm not worried about the KKK, they're truthfully racist and admit to it. It's usually people who pretend not to be that you have to worry about, like George Bush for example. It's people who are in power that try portraying a democratic role. I'd rather fight a man in the light than fight a man in the dark who I can't see. I believe that most Latin Americans don't hate or love black people like it says in 'The Presumed Alliance:the unspoken conflict between blacks and Latinos'. And my belief has been proven right many times. My neighbors for example, they don't hate us but they're surely not fond of us. My mom waved at them and they just looked at her like she was an idiot. Now my mother is a really nice person, I can't see who wouldn't like her. We were talking about this today. I ordered this pool table, but I don't have a truck so I can't pick it up. Then my mom said 'I would pay the neighbors but they wouldn't do anything for me, they look at me like I'm an alien'. Our white neighbors on the other hand, they get along with us fine. Like I said, it's neglect. But neglect and hate are cousins because people neglect what or who they are not fond of. Black Americans are not treated as good as White Americans and black Puerto Ricans are not treated as good as White or non-black Puerto Ricans. So really no one is in the position to criticize but I see a lot of it on this site so I just post my arguments. I don't really see where whites in Puerto Rico have really helped. Lots of white Americans died in the process of helping blacks. Like JFK for example and lots of Civil Rights Leaders. Or they either went to jail with the black Civil Rights Leaders.

I think that the reason you believe Puerto Rico is friendlier to blacks is because Puerto Ricans are part black number one. But being part black does not make one incapable of racism which was proven by Rafael Trujillo who probably killed more blacks than the KKK. Secondly, you think you have financial equality. Which is somwhat true but...Think about it. It's not like someone handed out everyone the same amount of money, that's just the way your economy is. It's unconsciously balanced. Accidentally symmetric, unplanned congruity. Most Middle Eastern countries are the same, everyone is in the same financial state but there are still problems. Let's say there's a black guy and a white guy and they're both poor. It doesn't mean they get treated the same, it just means they both caught a bad break. Misfortune has no color.

I don't doubt that many Afro-Puerto Ricans have tried to fight Latin racism, because there are some that I know. Carlos Flores sent me an e-mail and he has invited me to a couple Afro-Latino gatherings, but unfortunately I couldn't make it up to Chicago. I'm planning on going though.

PS I do like variation, that's why I don't like Spanish, too many letter O's, and that's why I don't like the Spanish tv shows, too many white faces.

Another PS, I did know basic swahili at one time but I've forgotten it all. I remember jumbo rafiki wich means hi friend, I remember asante sana, I think it means thank you very much, and I remember nina kiu, I think it means I'm hungry. But I didn't have anyone to speak it to so naturally I forgot.

Comment

SUKI WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!.

Wow, you found two pictures of white politicians, you could have found photos with black politicans but you purposely did this to evade the truth. I don't see you pulling up any Afro-Puerto Rican politicians though either, so....
                              You are such an !diot, and a liar too. I always accepted the fact that there is racism in Puerto Rico and Latin America, you always come back as if I didn’t say that, not only to me to Suki too.
                              Of course there are black/dark-skinned or whatever name politicians,-[ in the island too,]- but not on real powerful positions. {Did anybody found FIFO yet?}

You're just like Rivera. He talked about Puerto Rican unity, then right after that he commented that he wouldn't allow his daughter to date a black Puerto Rican. How hypocritical is that? Once Waneko told me that his own parents we're prejudice, but yet all of you lecture me.
                              No I am not, Rivera is a bold racist that don’t want his daughter with a black guy. I personally don’t live in the illusion that he live. I know and accept the fact that African heritage is the main ingredient of our culture. Without African heritage Puerto Rico will never be, period.
                              Go back and read our post you will see the difference. I don’t give a dammed who my daughter married, what I really look for, is if a gentlemen that is productive in society. If I have to choose between a white lazy pri(k or a hard working black, the black guy get’s her in a second. Period.

As Corvo said, there's racism in Latin America it's just a different flavor. What we faced in the U.S. is hate, what Afro-Latinos face is neglect. Latin Americans remind me of my two favorite commercials. You know the one where the boy is sitting in his basement and he's watching t.v., then his brother says 'my brother didn't ruin his life by getting a girl pregnant or doing drugs, he just didn't do anything. The commercial emphasizes that neglect is just as damaging as taking a negative path. White Americans hurt us with hate and violence, Non-black Latin Americans have hurt Afro-Latinos by doing nothing. Of course hate and violence is worse in the beginning, but in the long run neglect starts to add up. If I had two sons and one of them was doing drugs and one that was lazy, of course I'd see to getting the drug addict help first, but I would still have to see to my other son also because doing nothing is just as bad in the long run. And anyone with an ounce of wisdom knows that people aren't judged by their mistakes, they're judged by how they deal with them. Anyways, the other commercial you remind me of is the one where everyone's standing around the piece of garbage and no one wants to pick it up and throw it away, they just watch, and then someone says 'I'm this close to picking it up', but they just stand and watch. All people do on this site is prove me right. You talk about U.S. racism then you deny your own racism.

I don't see why this is such a big joke to everyone. Do you think this is a joke?

Afro-Latinos see common struggle for justice, identity in the Americas
                              Again you are a liar, I never said there is no racism. Which country don’t have racism? Mention me one.
                              You are trying to drive a wedge; you are trying to inject segregation to out people. Is not going to happened because the historical backgrounds are totally different. If you read in my sarcasm, it was directly attacking you argument, that America is still under the control of the whites. [find fifo for me please] BTW the owner of BET is white? I hope that ring a bell in your duma$$ brain. Also the whiteness that the blacks in that channel have. and what is the possible objectivity that a guy called Jose lara muhamed could provide? What possible objective information is going to come from a guy that denied his own name?

BTW I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY REPLY.

BTW SUKI YOU ARE STILL A RACIST BEAST.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THERE IS NO HISTORY OF OPPRESSION TO BLACKS.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL THE RACIAL FRICTIONS AND INTOLERACE ARE GONE.

"WHENEVER I HEAR the word culture, I reach for my revolver," Hermann Göring, Hitler second guy.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE BLACKMEN AVERAGE OPORTUNITIES ARE ABUNDANT.

WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE EVEN BRUCE LEE IS KICKING A BLACK MEN A$$.

SUKI YOU ARE A RASCIST BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X