No announcement yet.

Suki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darealest, creating a war between minorities is not the solution. You are pointing your guns in the wrong direction, we are not the African Americans enemy [actually I am blacker than you, I bet my @ss on it.] You guys treat me well, I have to tell you that there are some other situations which influence society, what I am saying bro, is that some economical paterns are continued, the mayority of the people in the ghetto, stay in the ghetto, sadly. We need to be together, you don't know it but you are making a favor to white supremacy.

Comment

US culture is based on racism and pitting one group against the other!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hellhector2-0
      [B]Darealest, creating a war between minorities is not the solution. You are pointing your guns in the wrong direction, we are not the African Americans enemy [actually I am blacker than you, I bet my @ss on it.] You guys treat me well, I have to tell you that there are some other situations which influence society, what I am saying bro, is that some economical paterns are continued, the mayority of the people in the ghetto, stay in the ghetto, sadly. We need to be together, you don't know it but you are making a favor to white supremacy.
      Suki: Hey, Da Realest here is a little letter from Yautia that she sends for your edification, she lost her password (left it behind in another state)lol, and wants to reply to you, so she told me to post this to you: Yautia also likes what Hellhector said too.

YAUTIA's REPLY to Da Realest:

Darealest, Dear: Let me help you out. The issue is that US culture does not believe in culture, it is based on very racist stereotypes. You have to get loose, you have to leave the US social paradigms based on race, sex, national origin minorities who are linguistically and culturally distinct. Color of skin, race, or religion is not what it is all about. Cultural pluralism is what it is all about. Learn to enjoy the diversity offered to you on this board by the Puerto Ricans on PR.com. Think about this:

Puerto Ricans love Politics, learn to enjoy discussions on politics. Here are some facts:

Politics of Puerto Rico

The government is composed of 3 branches: the Executive branch headed by the Governor, the Legislative branch consisting of a bicameral Legislative Assembly (a Senate and a House of Representatives) and the Judicial branch. The legal system is based on the Spanish civil code.

The Constitution of Puerto Rico was approved through refendum in 1952, and after they fooled around with it, it was ratified by the U.S. Congress, which maintains ultimate sovereignty over Puerto Rico. Under this constitution, Puerto Rico is a territorial commonwealth of the United States and is permitted diz que "a high degree of autonomy." Although Puerto Rico does not have representation in the U.S. Electoral College or U.S. Congress, it is permitted a non-voting Resident Commissioner in the U.S. House of Representatives. Although citizens of Puerto Rico are also U.S. citizens, they do not vote in US Presidential elections. The Jones Act of 1917, which imposed citizenship on the island, also allowed the U.S. armed forces to draft many Puerto Rican men into the military service. And they serve! (Even in the so called "voluntary" armed forces of the USA).

Economy: The ties that bind us!

Economy of Puerto Rico

Once upon a time the economic conditions in Puerto Rico had improved dramatically since the Great Depression due to external investment in capital-intensive industry such as petrochemicals pharmaceuticals and technology. Once the beneficiary of special tax treatment from the US government, today local industries must compete with those in more economically depressed parts of the world where wages are not subject to US minimum wage legislation. Many U.S. and foreign owned factories have left to lower wage countries in Latin America and Asia, while Puerto Rican owned businesses suffer from U.S. imposed trade laws which place heavy restrictions on free trade with other countries. And since there are not many jobs, many of us have to join the diaspora. Lucky for those who remain!

Demographics: We are really a pluralistic society

Demographics of Puerto Rico

It has been stated that everyone in Puerto Rico originated somewhere else as they are a people comprised primarily of Taino, African and European origin.

Recent genetic research revealed a surprising picture about Puerto Rican heritage. On the one hand, Mitochondrial DNA analysis, showed that at least 61% of Puerto Ricans have American Indian maternal heritage. This means that if you could trace back in time from daughter to mother, you would eventually reach women who lived in Puerto Rico in precolumbian time. The rest divides between 27% with female African ancestors and 12% with female European ancestors. On the other hand, Y-chromosome analysis, which corresponds to paternal heritage, showed over 70% of Puerto Ricans as having male European ancestors, 20% have male African ancestry, but less then 10% have male Native American ancestors.

Although pure Taíno numbers had dwindled due to disease, warfare and forced intermarriages...many, if not most, of the marriages between Spanish men and Amerindian women were actually quite amicable. The "Limpeza de Sangre" documents on the island (used until the 1870's) sheds light on this reality. This document was used by Mestizos and Amerindians to move up in their society ---becoming "whiter" was the only way they could achieve that status. Later, waves of Corsican, French and Portuguese Europeans, along with a large amount of immigrants from the Canary Islands, arrived in Puerto Rico. Many other persons from Spain's other colonies migrated into the island as well. The mestizos (Taino mixed with European) were fully absorbed into the general population. Other settlers have included Irish, Germans and many others who were granted lands from Spain during the Cedula de Gracias of 1815. This decree allowed "white" European Catholics from anywhere in Europe to settle in the island with a certain amount of free land and enslaved persons.

A noticeable Asian minority also settled in Puerto Rico. Most Asians are Chinese, who were brought as railroad workers. Another group of Chinese also settled Puerto Rico, most of them are victims of World War II, Mao Zedong's republic, and return of Hong Kong and Macau to mainland Chinese control. They came from other places in mainland China, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea. Some Chinese from other Latin American countries also came to Puerto Rico. Other Asians also settled in Puerto Rico — mostly ethnic Japanese and Koreans.

According to the 2000 census, 95% of the population consider themselves of Puerto Rican descent (regardless of race or skin color), making Puerto Rico one of the most culturally unified societies in the world. Since its colonization, Puerto Rico has become the permanent home of over 100,000 legal residents who immigrated from not only Spain, but from other Latino Nations as well. Cubans, Dominicans, Colombians, Panamanians, Curacaoans, and Santomeños can also be accounted for as settlers. The variety of surnames which exist in Puerto Rico suggests widespread immigration to the island from many regions.

The Roman Catholic religion is dominant and the religion followed by most Puerto Ricans, although there is a notable Protestant presence imported from the United States during the Spanish-American War and subsequent occupation. Taino religious practices have to a degree been rediscovered/reinvented by modern populations. Kongo belief, known as Mayombe or Palo, has been around since the days of the arrival of enslaved Africans. Although, Santeria (stronger and more organized in Cuba) is practiced by some, Mayombe is the most widely practiced African-derived religion, but still a minor religion in this country.

Puerto Rico currently has its own Olympic team, as well as international representation in many other sporting events including the Summer Olympics, the Pan-American Games, the Central American Games, and the Caribbean World Series. Boxing and baseball are considered to be strong amongst Puerto Ricans. This is probably traceable back to the days when the indigenous population was known for its bateyes (ceremonial arenas in which a game was played with a rubber ball).

Culture

If you ask me I would get rid of the US way of settling disputes with other countries in the world. I would not persue the policies of genocide against our Latin American and African brothers and sisters. I would bring back the ceremonial arenas, El Batey, and make sure Mr. Bush was the coach, in case we beat his team, our Puerto Rican women would get the coach.

END OF YAUTIA's opinion

Suki: Women in Taino days could be caciques and the losing team's 'captain' would have to be the winning team's slave. Thus, Yautia's 'cultural' sense of humor. Lol. Me? I love African everything. The languages, songs, and everything Africa brought to the Islands. I also have a personal opinion on men. I think African men are extremely attractive. And I think my husband has Afro genes somewhere. He has full lips and other things I know are from some African ancestor somewhere. Lol. I say one must enjoy variety. Or we will be destined to be bored. Forever. Seriously Da Realest. Think about what Hellhector stated, don't play minority vs minority stuff. It just plays into the White Supremacist mentality. And besides I think the most important thing is not race. It is ideology and political viewpoint and philosophy. That is critical. I don't care if a person is Afro or White or Latin American, if he is some fascist, elitist money grubbing type I AINT GONNA BACK HIM. PUNTO.

Comment

Re: US culture is based on racism and pitting one group against the other!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Suki
        [B]
        Originally posted by hellhector2-0
        Darealest, creating a war between minorities is not the solution. You are pointing your guns in the wrong direction, we are not the African Americans enemy [actually I am blacker than you, I bet my @ss on it.] You guys treat me well, I have to tell you that there are some other situations which influence society, what I am saying bro, is that some economical paterns are continued, the mayority of the people in the ghetto, stay in the ghetto, sadly. We need to be together, you don't know it but you are making a favor to white supremacy.
        Suki: Hey, Da Realest here is a little letter from Yautia that she sends for your edification, she lost her password (left it behind in another state)lol, and wants to reply to you, so she told me to post this to you: Yautia also likes what Hellhector said too.

Darealest, Dear: Let me help you out. The issue is that US culture does not believe in culture, it is based on very racist stereotypes. You have to get loose, you have to leave the US social paradigms based on race, sex, national origin minorities who are linguistically and culturally distinct. Color of skin, race, or religion is not what it is all about. Cultural pluralism is what it is all about. Learn to enjoy the diversity offered to you on this board by the Puerto Ricans on PR.com. Think about this:

Puerto Ricans love Politics, learn to enjoy discussions on politics. Here are some facts:

Politics of Puerto Rico

The government is composed of 3 branches: the Executive branch headed by the Governor, the Legislative branch consisting of a bicameral Legislative Assembly (a Senate and a House of Representatives) and the Judicial branch. The legal system is based on the Spanish civil code.

The Constitution of Puerto Rico was approved through refendum in 1952, and after they fooled around with it, it was ratified by the U.S. Congress, which maintains ultimate sovereignty over Puerto Rico. Under this constitution, Puerto Rico is a territorial commonwealth of the United States and is permitted diz que "a high degree of autonomy." Although Puerto Rico does not have representation in the U.S. Electoral College or U.S. Congress, it is permitted a non-voting Resident Commissioner in the U.S. House of Representatives. Although citizens of Puerto Rico are also U.S. citizens, they do not vote in US Presidential elections. The Jones Act of 1917, which imposed citizenship on the island, also allowed the U.S. armed forces to draft many Puerto Rican men into the military service. And they serve! (Even in the so called "voluntary" armed forces of the USA).

Economy of Puerto Rico

Once upon a time the economic conditions in Puerto Rico had improved dramatically since the Great Depression due to external investment in capital-intensive industry such as petrochemicals pharmaceuticals and technology. Once the beneficiary of special tax treatment from the US government, today local industries must compete with those in more economically depressed parts of the world where wages are not subject to US minimum wage legislation. Many U.S. and foreign owned factories have left to lower wage countries in Latin America and Asia, while Puerto Rican owned businesses suffer from U.S. imposed trade laws which place heavy restrictions on free trade with other countries. And since there are not many jobs, many of us have to join the diaspora. Lucky for those who remain!

It has been stated that everyone in Puerto Rico originated somewhere else as they are a people comprised primarily of Taino, African and European origin.

Recent genetic research revealed a surprising picture about Puerto Rican heritage. On the one hand, Mitochondrial DNA analysis, showed that at least 61% of Puerto Ricans have American Indian maternal heritage. This means that if you could trace back in time from daughter to mother, you would eventually reach women who lived in Puerto Rico in precolumbian time. The rest divides between 27% with female African ancestors and 12% with female European ancestors. On the other hand, Y-chromosome analysis, which corresponds to paternal heritage, showed over 70% of Puerto Ricans as having male European ancestors, 20% have male African ancestry, but less then 10% have male Native American ancestors.

Although pure Taíno numbers had dwindled due to disease, warfare and forced intermarriages...many, if not most, of the marriages between Spanish men and Amerindian women were actually quite amicable. The "Limpeza de Sangre" documents on the island (used until the 1870's) sheds light on this reality. This document was used by Mestizos and Amerindians to move up in their society ---becoming "whiter" was the only way they could achieve that status. Later, waves of Corsican, French and Portuguese Europeans, along with a large amount of immigrants from the Canary Islands, arrived in Puerto Rico. Many other persons from Spain's other colonies migrated into the island as well. The mestizos (Taino mixed with European) were fully absorbed into the general population. Other settlers have included Irish, Germans and many others who were granted lands from Spain during the Cedula de Gracias of 1815. This decree allowed "white" European Catholics from anywhere in Europe to settle in the island with a certain amount of free land and enslaved persons.

A noticeable Asian minority also settled in Puerto Rico. Most Asians are Chinese, who were brought as railroad workers. Another group of Chinese also settled Puerto Rico, most of them are victims of World War II, Mao Zedong's republic, and return of Hong Kong and Macau to mainland Chinese control. They came from other places in mainland China, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea. Some Chinese from other Latin American countries also came to Puerto Rico. Other Asians also settled in Puerto Rico — mostly ethnic Japanese and Koreans.

According to the 2000 census, 95% of the population consider themselves of Puerto Rican descent (regardless of race or skin color), making Puerto Rico one of the most culturally unified societies in the world. Since its colonization, Puerto Rico has become the permanent home of over 100,000 legal residents who immigrated from not only Spain, but from other Latino Nations as well. Cubans, Dominicans, Colombians, Panamanians, Curacaoans, and Santomeños can also be accounted for as settlers. The variety of surnames which exist in Puerto Rico suggests widespread immigration to the island from many regions.

The Roman Catholic religion is dominant and the religion followed by most Puerto Ricans, although there is a notable Protestant presence imported from the United States during the Spanish-American War and subsequent occupation. Taino religious practices have to a degree been rediscovered/reinvented by modern populations. Kongo belief, known as Mayombe or Palo, has been around since the days of the arrival of enslaved Africans. Although, Santeria (stronger and more organized in Cuba) is practiced by some, Mayombe is the most widely practiced African-derived religion, but still a minor religion in this country.

Puerto Rico currently has its own Olympic team, as well as international representation in many other sporting events including the Summer Olympics, the Pan-American Games, the Central American Games, and the Caribbean World Series. Boxing and baseball are considered to be strong amongst Puerto Ricans. This is probably traceable back to the days when the indigenous population was known for its bateyes (ceremonial arenas in which a game was played with a rubber ball).

Culture

If you ask me I would get rid of the US way of settling disputes with other countries in the world. I would not persue the policies of genocide against our Latin American and African brothers and sisters. I would bring back the ceremonial arenas, El Batey, and make sure Mr. Bush was the coach, in case we beat his team, our Puerto Rican women would get the coach.

END OF YAUTIA's opinion

Suki: Women in Taino days could be caciques and the losing team's 'captain' would have to be the winning team's slave. Thus, Yautia's 'cultural' sense of humor. Lol. Me? I love African everything. The languages, songs, and everything Africa brought to the Islands. I also have a personal opinion on men. I think African men are extremely attractive. And I think my husband has Afro genes somewhere. He has full lips and other things I know are from some African ancestor somewhere. Lol. I say one must enjoy variety. Or we will be destined to be bored. Forever. Seriously Da Realest. Think about what Hellhector stated, don't play minority vs minority stuff. It just plays into the White Supremacist mentality. And besides I think the most important thing is not race. It is ideology and political viewpoint and philosophy. That is critical. I don't care if a person is Afro or White or Latin American, if he is some fascist, elitist money grubbing type I AINT GONNA BACK HIM. PUNTO.

Comment

Re: US culture is based on racism and pitting one group against the other!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Suki
          [B]

Politics of Puerto Rico

Economy of Puerto Rico

Culture

END OF YAUTIA's opinion

I'm sure you'll forgive me for reading the first few lines of your post and losing interest? And if not I won't lose sleep over it.

Comment

I'm not doing white supremacy a favor, if anything it's these so-called white supremacists. I admit that some latinos are different though. Fidel Castro for example, he looks just as white as can be but he lets everyone know that he has a black grandmother and he would never have claimed to be white on the 2000 Census. Afro-Cubans are the most prideful of Afro-Latinos, possibly due to the fact that there are still some tribes in Cuba.

Comment

Re: SUKI WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!.

Originally posted by Joshue
              Wow, you found two pictures of white politicians, you could have found photos with black politicans but you purposely did this to evade the truth. I don't see you pulling up any Afro-Puerto Rican politicians though either, so....
              You are such an !diot, and a liar too. I always accepted the fact that there is racism in Puerto Rico and Latin America, you always come back as if I didn’t say that, not only to me to Suki too.
              Of course there are black/dark-skinned or whatever name politicians,-[ in the island too,]- but not on real powerful positions. {Did anybody found FIFO yet?}

You're just like Rivera. He talked about Puerto Rican unity, then right after that he commented that he wouldn't allow his daughter to date a black Puerto Rican. How hypocritical is that? Once Waneko told me that his own parents we're prejudice, but yet all of you lecture me.
              No I am not, Rivera is a bold racist that don’t want his daughter with a black guy. I personally don’t live in the illusion that he live. I know and accept the fact that African heritage is the main ingredient of our culture. Without African heritage Puerto Rico will never be, period.
              Go back and read our post you will see the difference. I don’t give a dammed who my daughter married, what I really look for, is if a gentlemen that is productive in society. If I have to choose between a white lazy pri(k or a hard working black, the black guy get’s her in a second. Period.

As Corvo said, there's racism in Latin America it's just a different flavor. What we faced in the U.S. is hate, what Afro-Latinos face is neglect. Latin Americans remind me of my two favorite commercials. You know the one where the boy is sitting in his basement and he's watching t.v., then his brother says 'my brother didn't ruin his life by getting a girl pregnant or doing drugs, he just didn't do anything. The commercial emphasizes that neglect is just as damaging as taking a negative path. White Americans hurt us with hate and violence, Non-black Latin Americans have hurt Afro-Latinos by doing nothing. Of course hate and violence is worse in the beginning, but in the long run neglect starts to add up. If I had two sons and one of them was doing drugs and one that was lazy, of course I'd see to getting the drug addict help first, but I would still have to see to my other son also because doing nothing is just as bad in the long run. And anyone with an ounce of wisdom knows that people aren't judged by their mistakes, they're judged by how they deal with them. Anyways, the other commercial you remind me of is the one where everyone's standing around the piece of garbage and no one wants to pick it up and throw it away, they just watch, and then someone says 'I'm this close to picking it up', but they just stand and watch. All people do on this site is prove me right. You talk about U.S. racism then you deny your own racism.

I don't see why this is such a big joke to everyone. Do you think this is a joke?

Afro-Latinos see common struggle for justice, identity in the Americas
              Again you are a liar, I never said there is no racism. Which country don’t have racism? Mention me one.
              You are trying to drive a wedge; you are trying to inject segregation to out people. Is not going to happened because the historical backgrounds are totally different. If you read in my sarcasm, it was directly attacking you argument, that America is still under the control of the whites. [find fifo for me please] BTW the owner of BET is white? I hope that ring a bell in your duma$$ brain. Also the whiteness that the blacks in that channel have. and what is the possible objectivity that a guy called Jose lara muhamed could provide? What possible objective information is going to come from a guy that denied his own name?

BTW I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY REPLY.

BTW SUKI YOU ARE STILL A RACIST BEAST.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THERE IS NO HISTORY OF OPPRESSION TO BLACKS.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL THE RACIAL FRICTIONS AND INTOLERACE ARE GONE.

"WHENEVER I HEAR the word culture, I reach for my revolver," Hermann Göring, Hitler second guy.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE BLACKMEN AVERAGE OPORTUNITIES ARE ABUNDANT.

WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE EVEN BRUCE LEE IS KICKING A BLACK MEN A$$.

SUKI YOU ARE A RASCIST BEAST.
              I didn't say you were Rivera. I'm just using him as an example of your hypocrisy. He talks about cultural unity, like many Puerto Ricans, but at the same time he wouldn't allow his daughter to date a black Puerto Rican. And there are many like him, I'm sure the 81% of you who claimed white on the 2000 Census are right along with him. But that's his opinion, if I had a daughter my choice of who she dates would be mine also. But you can't talk about unity and then go and contradict yourself.

And yes, there is much oppurtunity in the U.S.

Comment

I'm not doing white supremacy a favor, if anything it's these so-called white supremacists. I admit that some latinos are different though. Fidel Castro for example, he looks just as white as can be but he lets everyone know that he has a black grandmother and he would never have claimed to be white on the 2000 Census. Afro-Cubans are the most prideful of Afro-Latinos, possibly due to the fact that there are still some tribes in Cuba.

Let me see if I got this right? Race does not exist right? But if your 1/4 African even though everyone else in the family is not, then your Black? Doesn't matter whether your phenotype is White, right? Reminds me of the racist "one drop rule" that has not one drop of scientific FACT! Now if your Black and you have 1/4 white or 1/2 white you cannot call yourself white if your pheno type is white...you must call yourself black because a group says so? I've seen one black and one white brother and sister from the same parents. Based on phenotype they can be who they are? Obviously they are the same RACE "human", and there ethnicity is the same. Who has the right to determine if you are or are not black or white?
                If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
                Thomas Szasz

Comment

Jane that is precisely Da Realest's problem. He can only accept the 'one drop' rule stuff that comes from the Racist White Supremacists in the USA's definitions of what is black and what is white. He dismisses the long post of Yautia's on Puerto Rican historical background. Why? Because he is not interested in Puerto Rican history. He is interested in getting Hellhector and Joshue (who are both Afro or mulatto Puerto Ricans) to give up their "Puerto Rican" identity and only identify themselves as African Americans. What is his purpose for doing this? Beats me. I hope you figure out why this is so critical to Da Realest that he only deals with this ONE, monothematic theme that does not ring any bells for Puerto Ricans. He is stuck on a racist North American paradigm of race categorizations and can't get beyond that. Let me go sleep now, for Da Realest will bore us all.

Comment

I didn't say you were Rivera. I'm just using him as an example of your hypocrisy. He talks about cultural unity, like many Puerto Ricans, but at the same time he wouldn't allow his daughter to date a black Puerto Rican. And there are many like him, I'm sure the 81% of you who claimed white on the 2000 Census are right along with him. But that's his opinion, if I had a daughter my choice of who she dates would be mine also. But you can't talk about unity and then go and contradict yourself.

Yes there is a lot opportunity in America, Puerto Rico is part of it

Where I contradicted my self? Where? In any case you are still defecating the same cr@p all over. I address to you the census cr@p long time ago, you conveniently ignored it and repeating it like a “cotorra”
                    You are the hypocrite just like Rivera is. Is not your choice who your daughter dates, is her choice, -[of course referring to a girl in age, not a kid]- As a father your role is for her happiness, If she wants a white or black whatever is your duty to respect that.
                    Is really easy to identify racist like both of you. At least Rivera is not the hypocrite like you that thinks racism is just a one way road. There is no reverse racism [like the political correctness id!ots proposes] Is just racism, and please when a black men like Hell hector tell you that you are wrong, I hope you get the point. I agree, you are pointing the guns in the wrong direction. I been telling you that since the bicentennial. When it comes to racism, look at your backyard

I am still waiting for my reply next time, When I have time I will refresh your memory.

Comment

FIIIIIINAAAAAALLLLLLLY

Let me see if I got this right? Race does not exist right? But if your 1/4 African even though everyone else in the family is not, then your Black? Doesn't matter whether your phenotype is White, right? Reminds me of the racist "one drop rule" that has not one drop of scientific FACT! Now if your Black and you have 1/4 white or 1/2 white you cannot call yourself white if your pheno type is white...you must call yourself black because a group says so? I've seen one black and one white brother and sister from the same parents. Based on phenotype they can be who they are? Obviously they are the same RACE "human", and there ethnicity is the same. Who has the right to determine if you are or are not black or white?

Alli lo clabaste! Finally. Thank You. He's starting to make me believe that he was taught by Malcolm X's grade school teacher. "but you are a Negro and you should work with your hands... Why dont you be a carpenter? Jesus was a carpenter! )

Comment

Re: Re: SUKI WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Da_Realest
                        [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Joshue
                        [B]
                        Wow, you found two pictures of white politicians, you could have found photos with black politicans but you purposely did this to evade the truth. I don't see you pulling up any Afro-Puerto Rican politicians though either, so....
                        You are such an !diot, and a liar too. I always accepted the fact that there is racism in Puerto Rico and Latin America, you always come back as if I didn’t say that, not only to me to Suki too.
                        Of course there are black/dark-skinned or whatever name politicians,-[ in the island too,]- but not on real powerful positions. {Did anybody found FIFO yet?}

You're just like Rivera. He talked about Puerto Rican unity, then right after that he commented that he wouldn't allow his daughter to date a black Puerto Rican. How hypocritical is that? Once Waneko told me that his own parents we're prejudice, but yet all of you lecture me.
                        No I am not, Rivera is a bold racist that don’t want his daughter with a black guy. I personally don’t live in the illusion that he live. I know and accept the fact that African heritage is the main ingredient of our culture. Without African heritage Puerto Rico will never be, period.
                        Go back and read our post you will see the difference. I don’t give a dammed who my daughter married, what I really look for, is if a gentlemen that is productive in society. If I have to choose between a white lazy pri(k or a hard working black, the black guy get’s her in a second. Period.

As Corvo said, there's racism in Latin America it's just a different flavor. What we faced in the U.S. is hate, what Afro-Latinos face is neglect. Latin Americans remind me of my two favorite commercials. You know the one where the boy is sitting in his basement and he's watching t.v., then his brother says 'my brother didn't ruin his life by getting a girl pregnant or doing drugs, he just didn't do anything. The commercial emphasizes that neglect is just as damaging as taking a negative path. White Americans hurt us with hate and violence, Non-black Latin Americans have hurt Afro-Latinos by doing nothing. Of course hate and violence is worse in the beginning, but in the long run neglect starts to add up. If I had two sons and one of them was doing drugs and one that was lazy, of course I'd see to getting the drug addict help first, but I would still have to see to my other son also because doing nothing is just as bad in the long run. And anyone with an ounce of wisdom knows that people aren't judged by their mistakes, they're judged by how they deal with them. Anyways, the other commercial you remind me of is the one where everyone's standing around the piece of garbage and no one wants to pick it up and throw it away, they just watch, and then someone says 'I'm this close to picking it up', but they just stand and watch. All people do on this site is prove me right. You talk about U.S. racism then you deny your own racism.

I don't see why this is such a big joke to everyone. Do you think this is a joke?

Afro-Latinos see common struggle for justice, identity in the Americas
                        Again you are a liar, I never said there is no racism. Which country don’t have racism? Mention me one.
                        You are trying to drive a wedge; you are trying to inject segregation to out people. Is not going to happened because the historical backgrounds are totally different. If you read in my sarcasm, it was directly attacking you argument, that America is still under the control of the whites. [find fifo for me please] BTW the owner of BET is white? I hope that ring a bell in your duma$$ brain. Also the whiteness that the blacks in that channel have. and what is the possible objectivity that a guy called Jose lara muhamed could provide? What possible objective information is going to come from a guy that denied his own name?

BTW I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY REPLY.

BTW SUKI YOU ARE STILL A RACIST BEAST.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THERE IS NO HISTORY OF OPPRESSION TO BLACKS.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL THE RACIAL FRICTIONS AND INTOLERACE ARE GONE.

"WHENEVER I HEAR the word culture, I reach for my revolver," Hermann Göring, Hitler second guy.

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE BLACKMEN AVERAGE OPORTUNITIES ARE ABUNDANT.

WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE EVEN BRUCE LEE IS KICKING A BLACK MEN A$$.

SUKI YOU ARE A RASCIST BEAST.

____________________________________________________________

Sure there is: you have the right to be homeless, you have the right to be a beggar in the streets, you have the right to be working full time but not have enough to put on the table for your family, you have the right to go to school and graduate from high school without knowing how to read or write....etc.

And let us not forget:

"According to the 2000 census, 95% of the population consider themselves of Puerto Rican descent (regardless of race or skin color), making Puerto Rico one of the most culturally unified societies in the world. Since its colonization, Puerto Rico has become the permanent home of over 100,000 legal residents who immigrated from not only Spain, but from other Latino Nations as well. Cubans, Dominicans, Colombians, Panamanians, Curacaoans, and Santomeños can also be accounted for as settlers. The variety of surnames which exist in Puerto Rico suggests widespread immigration to the island from many regions."

Creeme, (believe you me), it is not easy being a Puerto Rican in a very racist society such as the USA. The problem is people like derealist, o como sea que se llama, is so immersed in this USA reality that he cannot see the forest for the trees. Hijo, you need a change in paradigm. These trees are part of the shadows in the cave, come out of that gringo cave. We invite you to come and visit Puerto Rico, you will love this culture and if you stay, you too will become a Puerto Rican. Remember we do assimilate everybody, not like the USA.

YautiaPR

_____________________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Suki
                          Jane that is precisely Da Realest's problem. He can only accept the 'one drop' rule stuff that comes from the Racist White Supremacists in the USA's definitions of what is black and what is white. He dismisses the long post of Yautia's on Puerto Rican historical background. Why? Because he is not interested in Puerto Rican history. He is interested in getting Hellhector and Joshue (who are both Afro or mulatto Puerto Ricans) to give up their "Puerto Rican" identity and only identify themselves as African Americans. What is his purpose for doing this? Beats me. I hope you figure out why this is so critical to Da Realest that he only deals with this ONE, monothematic theme that does not ring any bells for Puerto Ricans. He is stuck on a racist North American paradigm of race categorizations and can't get beyond that. Let me go sleep now, for Da Realest will bore us all.
                          What Latin Americans do is not any different. The only difference is that it works in reverse. One drop of white blood and you are white. Black people are really brown for the most part, and brown can come in all shades. There can only be one shade of white so that's why it's more unaccepted in the U.S.

I don't want Joshue or Hellhector to give up their Puerto Rican identity, I definitely don't want them to claim to be African American because they're not. I don't even see how we got on this subject. We were discussing which country is better for blacks, Puerto Rico or the U.S.? So far no one has given me any reasons why I should say Puerto Rico. You idiots think that I side with white Americans and that I'm against white Puerto Ricans. But in reality I'm not trying to side with either of you. I just point out the fact that white Americans have made more changes that give people of darker skin more oppurtunity, business wise, government wise, and television wise. It really doesn't matter if white Puerto Ricans are more racist than white Americans or visa versa. I'm not the type who trades one racist for another, that's what you people are trying to force me to do. White Americans can't point a finger at white Puerto Ricans and white Puerto Ricans can't point a finger at white Americans. Jesus said he who is free of sin may cast the first stone. And both countries are guilty of treating blacks unfairly to some extent so arguing with me is futile. When there is a country that is free of racism then they can judge the U.S.

I remember when that black kid made a post about how he went to Puerto Rico and the cops stopped him and searched him but they didn't search any light skinned Puerto Ricans. Then everybody on here said 'oh that happens to everybody in Puerto Rico'. That's like saying the Rodney King beating happens to everybody when it's clearly racial profiling. Some of you even argued that it's because the cops thought they were Dominicans because they were dark, that just further proves my point that you are just as racially divided as anyone else. You can talk about Puerto Rican culture and blah blah blah but actions speak louder than words.

Ha, I've found the post by thriller 'I was in Puerto Rico 2 years ago with my cousin. It was during San Sebastian festival.I'm black male and so is my cousin.The thing is Puerto Rico is a beautiful Island but it does have issues that needs to be resolved.We rented a car for a week and was stopped coming out of Isla Verde ave for allegedly speeding. I was doing 10 miles per hr. The thing is that we were surrounded by about 15 cops, each one that would pass by and join the scene.Our car was searched thoroughly, I was not even drinking, we were frisked,harassed and roughed up and not knowing spanish was worse.One cop, must have thought i was from D.R., began cursing at me in Spanish, he was literally in my face, luckily i did not understand all that he was saying.But trust me, it wasn't anything nice. I was so embarrassed because some guys from our hotel witnessed the fracas and next day I had to be explaining what took place. About 1 hr later we were released.No charges filed,no tickets, no nothing. I believe we were spared a beating because it was on bright isla verde ave at 9:30pm.The cops have all my info though.They could have sworn we were Dominicans or drug dealers.15 cops to 2 black men.Another time pre-9-11,leaving P.R. stopped by customs and asked where i was going. The sad thing is that all the light skinned puerto ricans were not asked these questions or even stopped. My girlfriend who is light skinned boricua didn't had to produce 1 document, but I had to.You Guys need to solve these issues. Were I light skinned,would this had happpened,dont think So!!!'

Comment

Re: Re: Re: SUKI WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!.

"According to the 2000 census, 95% of the population consider themselves of Puerto Rican descent (regardless of race or skin color), making Puerto Rico one of the most culturally unified societies in the world. Since its colonization, Puerto Rico has become the permanent home of over 100,000 legal residents who immigrated from not only Spain, but from other Latino Nations as well. Cubans, Dominicans, Colombians, Panamanians, Curacaoans, and Santomeños can also be accounted for as settlers. The variety of surnames which exist in Puerto Rico suggests widespread immigration to the island from many regions."

Creeme, (believe you me), it is not easy being a Puerto Rican in a very racist society such as the USA. The problem is people like derealist, o como sea que se llama, is so immersed in this USA reality that he cannot see the forest for the trees. Hijo, you need a change in paradigm. These trees are part of the shadows in the cave, come out of that gringo cave. We invite you to come and visit Puerto Rico, you will love this culture and if you stay, you too will become a Puerto Rican. Remember we do assimilate everybody, not like the USA.

YautiaPR

_____________________________________________________________ [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, like I really want to be a subservient Afro-Puerto Rican.

I've got some testimonials coming soon from Afro-PuertRicans, I'm doing a survey. Hopefully they will shut you up.

Comment

Da Realest, in your latest post you reveal you don't know some basic stuff.

1) Such as basic economics. Like who is first world, who is second world and who is third world, and what does that mean in an economic sense? And if racism is based on economics mostly or not?

I am starting to have the opinion that you don't know economic theory and how it affects people's access to opportunities in the first world vs. the third world.

2) You deliberately choose to say many here don't acknowledge racism exists in both societies. We have reiterated to the point of exhaustion that we acknowledge racial prejudices and bias exists in both Puerto Rico and the USA. Where we disagree is that we (the Puerto Ricans) think the island's racial problems are less in terms of real hatred and lack of economic opportunity. Why? because Puerto Rico is a small island nation and a colony of the USA and has drug problems, crime problems, unemployment and many issues not based solely on race but on economic and social and political issues. You refuse flatly to deal with these as possible root problems of 'racial' profiling incidents. Again, this indicates you lack knowledge of what colonialism is about. You don't understand it. Please read Dr. Lewis Clark, he understands it so well. And read W.E.B DuBois he understood how the history of racial prejudice affected African Americans and how AA's differ historically from many groups. Study the Pan Africanists well and how they analyze both Caribbean and African colonialism and its effects on the native populations of the Caribbean and the African continent. You haven't done your homework Da Realest. If you had, you would not be posting the things you post.

You should study cultural paradigms and universal priniciples not only in politics but in economics and in sociology. If you would you would be able to understand not only what Yautia, Jane and I are saying, but Waneko and Phidawg and Joshue and Stanley even. Lol. Stanley is a classist Puerto Rican and he discriminated against people based on socioeconomic class and not on 'race' only. Lol. He was a more 'sophisticated' discriminator than the mainland folks by far. All of those subtleties you have failed to pick up on. Why? Because you are stuck on your definitions of 'race' and aren't studying how third world places histories changes the socioeconomic rules and the rules of race relations. You don't really understand Calvinist Protestant styles of WASP discrimination. What is community? You INSIST on saying we are not united as a people and that we are as racially divided as the USA but we are worse actually because we are in denial or our discrimination. And then you want to say the USA is superior not only because it is a first world society that is a superpower but because the white liberals and white conservatives have given the AAs in the USA more 'exposure', 'prestige' and 'opportunities' than the one on the island of Puerto Rico have. Why is it that you come to a Puerto Rican board Da Realest and want to tell us how 'messed up' we are, and feel so strongly that we need to recognize we are racists, inferior, poor and in denial of our 'lack of recognition' of the 'invisible' black man in the island? Why? I think you have some serious identity problems and fail to realize we are a people who have been shafted by TWO countries and TWO empires at least. Spain and now the USA. And neither has given us equal rights as Puerto Ricans. Now, if you don't understand that we are in a battle for our own cultural identity and survival on every front. Economic and social and linguistic and racial too and cultural and you insist on adding more 'bullcrap' to the pile. YOU ARE SIDING WITH THE WHITE SUPREMACISTS Da Realest. And every Pan Africanist worth his salt and AA intellectual like WEB Dubois and Clarke, and Bunch and Malcolm, and MLK and many others ALL are against what you are presently doing to us. Go back and study some sociology, economics, political science and world history of not only Africa but Latin America and Europe and Asia too. And go to the Arturo Alfonso Schomberg Institute for African Cultural Studies in NYC (the Afro Puerto Rican dedicated his life to compiling the hugest single collection on African history and knowledge that is known in the USA by far). Start educating yourself for real, and not throwing ignorant tantrums disrespecting a culture you still don't know what the hell it is about.

Suki.

Comment

Suki:

and Stanley even. Lol. Stanley is a classist Puerto Rican and he discriminated against people based on socioeconomic class and not on 'race' only. Lol. He was a more 'sophisticated' discriminator than the mainland folks by far.

Janemas:

jajaja! Where is he anyway? Vacation?

Amen to all that you said!

Suki:

Start educating yourself for real, and not throwing ignorant tantrums disrespecting a culture you still don't know what the hell it is about.

Janemas:

Wait Suki! Darealest said he was a rican from LOIZA ALDEA! A true blue blood Africano "hijo del pueblo." He should know the culture. It's that incident in Mayaguez that has his soul lost. He let that woman's behaviour at the door sprout his present views on all of us. No es cierto hermano Da-realest que tu eres Boricua de Bomba y Plena? Anger caused by one or a few can create unhappiness when directed at those who have no blame. Even Malcolm X saw this mistake when he visited Mecca and saw "white" muslims, returning home no longer believing in the "all whites are devils." My ex-husband was African American. Granted he was very white, but still American English. My partner for the past few years (whom I've known for ages) is Boricua. Shares my culture, love of music and birthplace "Harlem". I bet he is darker than you or equal to any Ponceño plenero (his roots). When I look at him there are only two things I see...equality of culture and the beauty of his color.
                                If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
                                Thomas Szasz

Comment

Working...
                                X