Suki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jane,
    I asked Da Realest POINT blank a while back what was he a Puerto Rican or an African American, he stated "African American." So, let him answer now. Is he Puerto Rican from Loiza Aldea? Yes or no. He doesn't speak Spanish that is for sure. And he posts things. I think he has a problem. He had better state who he is clearly.

I think you will have a hard time trying to get him to understand why his monothematic dale que es tarde subject matter is circular and not getting us anywhere. People have told him that in Puerto Rico there is RACISM. And that African origin Puerto Ricans who SOMATICALLY look African are discriminated against. No one denies that. But that those Puerto Ricans who live in Puerto Rico and don't leave that they should form a NAACP but for Puerto Rican fight against prejudice is something he aint getting. Because the culture is different and the histories are different and as such if he wants to advance the cause of Afro Puerto Rican identity he needs to start understanding the ENTIRE history of the island. He doesn't want to study Puerto Rican history but wants to have an 'opinion' on who we are. Sorry, it don't work that way. Do the work, and put in the time. And then give an opinion. Trying to make Puerto Ricans of all somatic looks fit into the black/white Southern Racist Cracker paradigm and it is gonna fly in PR of 2004 is not gonna happen. He doesn't understand it.

Da Realest, racism is experienced by a lot of people. Latin Americans get pissed off cuz when they call on the phone and someone who is not patient with 'foreign accents' on their English and they hang up on them. The Latin Americans get a complex about being 'profiled'. Asian students that aren't good in math. But they are expected to be due to 'stereotypes' and dopey Non-Asian people being insensitive and telling the world that Japanese, Chinese, Koreans all look alike. Native Americans with their problems and being less than 2% of the population of a country that was once the home of all their ancestors. This is a culturally pluralistic society and the ones creating the discrimination problems are the 'dominant' class. Who are they? The WASPS. Are they the only ones now? No. They have a lot of token minorities touting the same rhetoric as the WASPS. Forget it Da Realest. You are stuck. You are and need to start opening your mind.

Once and for all Da Realest ARE YOU PR or are you African American? Yes or No? So that Jane is satisfied. Jane he told me he was African American. Point blank. If he changed recently that is news to me.

Suki.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: SUKI WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE!!!!.

Originally posted by Da_Realest
      "According to the 2000 census, 95% of the population consider themselves of Puerto Rican descent (regardless of race or skin color), making Puerto Rico one of the most culturally unified societies in the world. Since its colonization, Puerto Rico has become the permanent home of over 100,000 legal residents who immigrated from not only Spain, but from other Latino Nations as well. Cubans, Dominicans, Colombians, Panamanians, Curacaoans, and Santomeños can also be accounted for as settlers. The variety of surnames which exist in Puerto Rico suggests widespread immigration to the island from many regions."

Creeme, (believe you me), it is not easy being a Puerto Rican in a very racist society such as the USA. The problem is people like derealist, o como sea que se llama, is so immersed in this USA reality that he cannot see the forest for the trees. Hijo, you need a change in paradigm. These trees are part of the shadows in the cave, come out of that gringo cave. We invite you to come and visit Puerto Rico, you will love this culture and if you stay, you too will become a Puerto Rican. Remember we do assimilate everybody, not like the USA.

YautiaPR

I've got some testimonials coming soon from Afro-PuertRicans, I'm doing a survey. Hopefully they will shut you up.

[/B][/QUOTE]
      Are you considering the ones that do refute your nonsense?

Where is your objectivity? Sometimes I think your are white; because I can't believe the words that come out of your mouth. You are a device, A SORT OF INSTRUMENTATION FOR THE WHITE. [Don't confuse laughter with insight] . A little hint bro.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneMas
        Suki:

and Stanley even. Lol. Stanley is a classist Puerto Rican and he discriminated against people based on socioeconomic class and not on 'race' only. Lol. He was a more 'sophisticated' discriminator than the mainland folks by far.

Janemas:

jajaja! Where is he anyway? Vacation?

Amen to all that you said!

Suki:

Start educating yourself for real, and not throwing ignorant tantrums disrespecting a culture you still don't know what the hell it is about.

Janemas:

Wait Suki! Darealest said he was a rican from LOIZA ALDEA! A true blue blood Africano "hijo del pueblo." He should know the culture. It's that incident in Mayaguez that has his soul lost. He let that woman's behaviour at the door sprout his present views on all of us. No es cierto hermano Da-realest que tu eres Boricua de Bomba y Plena? Anger caused by one or a few can create unhappiness when directed at those who have no blame. Even Malcolm X saw this mistake when he visited Mecca and saw "white" muslims, returning home no longer believing in the "all whites are devils." My ex-husband was African American. Granted he was very white, but still American English. My partner for the past few years (whom I've known for ages) is Boricua. Shares my culture, love of music and birthplace "Harlem". I bet he is darker than you or equal to any Ponceño plenero (his roots). When I look at him there are only two things I see...equality of culture and the beauty of his color.
        I'm not a Puerto Rican, fool, I'm a proud black man. I think nationality spawns naiveté if you take it too seriously. I've grown weary of you people talking about your racial leniencies, it's poppy cock, tom foolery, rubbish. I said, 'ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS'. The fact still remains that Afro-Puerto Ricans are more invisible no matter which way you look at it, whether it's television, magazines, government postions, etc. I wouldn't judge a whole race by what one person did to me, I look at the big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Suki
          Jane,
          I asked Da Realest POINT blank a while back what was he a Puerto Rican or an African American, he stated "African American." So, let him answer now. Is he Puerto Rican from Loiza Aldea? Yes or no. He doesn't speak Spanish that is for sure. And he posts things. I think he has a problem. He had better state who he is clearly.

I think you will have a hard time trying to get him to understand why his monothematic dale que es tarde subject matter is circular and not getting us anywhere. People have told him that in Puerto Rico there is RACISM. And that African origin Puerto Ricans who SOMATICALLY look African are discriminated against. No one denies that. But that those Puerto Ricans who live in Puerto Rico and don't leave that they should form a NAACP but for Puerto Rican fight against prejudice is something he aint getting. Because the culture is different and the histories are different and as such if he wants to advance the cause of Afro Puerto Rican identity he needs to start understanding the ENTIRE history of the island. He doesn't want to study Puerto Rican history but wants to have an 'opinion' on who we are. Sorry, it don't work that way. Do the work, and put in the time. And then give an opinion. Trying to make Puerto Ricans of all somatic looks fit into the black/white Southern Racist Cracker paradigm and it is gonna fly in PR of 2004 is not gonna happen. He doesn't understand it.

Da Realest, racism is experienced by a lot of people. Latin Americans get pissed off cuz when they call on the phone and someone who is not patient with 'foreign accents' on their English and they hang up on them. The Latin Americans get a complex about being 'profiled'. Asian students that aren't good in math. But they are expected to be due to 'stereotypes' and dopey Non-Asian people being insensitive and telling the world that Japanese, Chinese, Koreans all look alike. Native Americans with their problems and being less than 2% of the population of a country that was once the home of all their ancestors. This is a culturally pluralistic society and the ones creating the discrimination problems are the 'dominant' class. Who are they? The WASPS. Are they the only ones now? No. They have a lot of token minorities touting the same rhetoric as the WASPS. Forget it Da Realest. You are stuck. You are and need to start opening your mind.

Once and for all Da Realest ARE YOU PR or are you African American? Yes or No? So that Jane is satisfied. Jane he told me he was African American. Point blank. If he changed recently that is news to me.

Suki.
          So you're saying the U.S. is more discriminatory? Pure bullshi+. Latin America has so many different forms of discrimination, one of the biggest being television. And before you can retalliate with your 'I don't watch soap operahs' bullcrap, let me clarify the issue. It doesn't matter how miniscule Univision or Telefutura, or Telemundo is to you, it's still an overlooked form of discriminationand no form should be taken lightly. It wouldn't kill blacks to sit at the back of the bus, it wouldn't be the end of our world, but should we have to sit at the back? I think not. So while the situation may seem insignificant to you, there are many Afro-Latinos who protest about their exclusion from television. Wendell Osborne for example, he said Latinos come in all shades(which you people frequently remind me), but why is it that white latinos are always portrayed as beautiful and smart? So while you bash the U.S. by saying we are uncivil because there's a black culture and a white culture, we don't have these problems. We don't have to read white magazines because we have Ebony magazine, Jet magazine, Vibe Magazine etc. Most channels have lots of black tv shows, but we can watch blacks all day on BET if we want to. And I know white people who watch BET and I know black people who watch the O.C. so what's your point? I'd rather be seperate and be happy, than have an unmutual relationship based on false cultural unity. The OAA(Organization of Africans in the Americas) was mainly formed to help Afro-Latinos. They need it the most, black Europeans do ok, black Americans do just fine, but a lot of black latinos are asking for help that they don't receive from their governments. Like Luis Gilberto Murillo, he even came to the U.S. and did a speech educating black Americans about how hard it is to be black in Latin America. Everyone on this site talks to me as if I'm supposed to just fall in love with white latinos. I think that many of them get a taste of their own medicine, Waneko even agreed with me when I said many non-black latinos treated black latinos bad and then they came to the U.S. and got a taste of what it's like. That's like me feeling sympathetic if a white American got to experience racism. Please. Some of my best friends happen to be white Americans though, and none of them deny that there is racism in the U.S. Like one time my brother was with some of his white friends and one of them was shooting a paint ball gun, and the cop automatically addressed my brother, then his friend said 'why did you have to go straight to him?' Puerto Ricans admit that there is racism, but you make it out to be a small problem and some of you deny it totally. I still stand by my opinion, you can't point the finger at the U.S., and they can't point the finger at you. But white Americans have done more for blacks though, and I stand by that also.

1.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
          In mostly White districts:

A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.

Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population

In New York State where there are a lot more White people than Blacks who reside mostly in the city, a Black man, Carl McCall, was elected State Controller in the 1994 election over the much more well known Herb London.

Whites were at the for-front of the abolitionist and civil rights movement and did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war.

George Blaney, the white basketball coach at Seton Hall University, wanted a Black ball player from Manhattan, Richie Parker, to play for Seton hall, even though he was an convicted sex offender. Blaney told the "Record of Hackensack:"
          "We don't think it changes anything, we still think he's a good kid and he's somebody we want!"

Reporter Mike Wallace attended the "peace rally" between Louis Farakahn And Cabala Shabaze, the daughter of Malcome X, at the Apollo Theater on May 6, 1995, and donated a thousand dollars to the defense fund for Cabala Shabaze.

When five Greenwich high school students wrote racist remarks in their 1995 year books, they were punished severely and received maximum cooperation of everyone in Greenwich, the Board of Education, the city, their parents and their lawyers, to take part in a sensitivity program set up by Roy Innis. However, four Hispanic students from Norman Thomas high school in Manhattan, who sent an anti-Semitic note to their Jewish teacher were still being treated with kid gloves, according to an article written by Ray Kerrison, New York Post, Friday, June 30, 1995. Roy Innis said he received "Absolutely no cooperation from anyone in New York City. Why is there resistance to this innovative program in Manhattan but not in Greenwich? Because we're dealing with minority offenders in Manhattan. When Whites do these things, it's racism, when Blacks and Latinos do it, it is not. They don't want to admit it, hoping it will disappear, while they point the finger at offending Whites."

A poll taken in September of 1995 showed that 73% of Whites would support Colon Powell if he ran for president compared to only 17% of Blacks who look upon Colon Powell as being White. This proves that it is not color that matters to White people, but the potential candidates politics!

In his book "Visible man, a true story of post racist America," George Gilder wrote: "Far from being hostile to Black achievement, American Whites celebrate Blacks at every opportunity. In the truest test governed by massive voluntary choices in the market place, Americans have made the National Basketball Association, eighty percent black, the most popular sports league, Whitney Houston, the most popular and richest American singer, Bill Cosby, the most popular and richest comedian, Oprah Winfrey, the most prosperous entertainer

Over the Christmas weekend of 1995, "Waiting to Exhale," a movie with an all Black cast was number one at the box office. With blacks being only twelve percent of the population, this could not have happened unless millions of white people went to see this movie with an all Black cast!

When trouble maker Al Sharpton marched on Long Island to protest the beating of Shane Daniels, there were more White people marching in protest with Sharpton than Blacks!

July 1996, after complaining that it was racist because her congressional District in Atlanta Georgia was nullified due to re-mapping of her district based on racial makeup, Black congresswoman McKenny won her primary for re-election in a new district which had only a 30% Black population. She won 67% of the vote.

It was a White professor in Chicago, David Protess and two of his White students who spent years tracking down D&A evidence that freed four innocent Black men in July 1996 who had spent eighteen years in prison for a rape which they did not commit. Where was the so called "Black community" to help these four men? They're always screaming about "Justice," but it took White people to really do something about it! Some white racism, hey?

The entire 1997 baseball season was devoted to the memory of Jackie Robinson, and his number forty-two, was the only uniform number retired from all of baseball .

White America" is so racist, that Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were inducted into the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. as American Icons

When Malcolm X's wife died from burns inflicted on her by her own grandson, there seemed to be just as many or more White people who praised her than Blacks! This was a woman who associated with radical blacks her whole life who hate white people and America. Also, the American and N.Y. State Flags were ordered to be flown at half mast by our White governor for this woman who belonged to a group which refused to even pledge allegiance to that Flag!!

Facts people, these are all facts, not continuous codswallop about cultural unity.

Comment

Da Realest,
            What is your purpose coming to a Puerto Rican board and telling us--that in your opinion, White America is more compassionate, and humane and overall more accepting and more 'liberal' with African Americans than supposedly 'white-looking' Puerto Ricans? What is your purpose? You mention Afro origin people in Europe and the USA are better off than in Latin America. WOW, no poop Sherlock! Europe and the USA are first world economies. That is no surprise, that they are economically better off in general. Does Ebony, vibe and etc. prove that separate and equal is the right way to go in the USA? What is your point again Da Realest. Who do insecure brown nosing AA's suck up to in the USA? Let us guess? White people? As Joshue pointed out, "WHO OWNS BET?" Are lighter skinned models in the AA community more 'coveted'. Is all this 'color coded and so on' consciousness created by itself? Without some sysetmic class and economic base dictating things? Hmmmmm. Is Da realest gonna wake up?

You know it is very very interesting how you stated that Puerto Ricans come here (meaning the USA)and get a taste of 'racism' you said. And you feel no compassion for them. I wonder why? I think I know why. And it is what I have suspected all along Da Realest. Who you are truly upset by are the 'priveleged' class in the USA (and we all know who the truly 'priveleged are don't we?). But, if you were really the man of defense of African interests. You would go to some White group's board and talk about their failures to be truly equitable with Latino African origin peoples. If the theme truly interested you, that is what you should do. If you come to a Puerto Rican board and say things the vast majority of Puerto Ricans really don't agree with. Such as "White" Puerto Ricans in general are more racist than "White" Americans, then you need to realize, your 'theme' is going to a dead end Da Realest. No one is in denial about racism. If they are intelligent. I am not. Racism exists. It is fundamentally unfair and wrong and inhumane and just plain ignorant and dangerous. How do I cope with solving it? By being a socialist and studying socialism like socialist democracy, scientific socialism, and class and privelege and what it is based on. I don't get stuck in details that don't change society as a whole. Whether it be soaps owned by private for profit companies that sell some colonized class conscious image to the masses who are too poor to pay for cable and watch lowest common denominator telenovelas on tv in Latin America. I don't get stuck in that cheap detail. I look at the root cause. What is the root cause of discrimination and racism and racial prejudice? The answer is in the reason the first African slaves were imported to the USA in the first place. Some priveleged exploitative class of people needed to exploit and oppress and enslave another group of people of much greater numbers in order for them to live HIGH ON THE HOG. One group uses another groups labor to enrich themselves and consolidate their power. One group knows the other group is human. As human as they themselves are. But, in order to justify the exploitation and the inhumane and unjust laws and class divisions they come up with constant excuses to keep the 'others' enslaved. And the techniques they use don't change. Over history it is the same. We are special. Smarter, better, superior, geniuses, more moral, more wealthy and more able than the exploited and poor and screwed over group, and due to this 'greatness and superiority' we are in the position we are in. The Whites do that to the non-Whites. The first world countries do that to the third world countries. And the really unintelligent get stuck in details and don't see the big picture. They want to tell others who are struggling on many fronts, how 'less' and 'inferior' they are. Why? because the less powerful and less priveleged are 'easier' to beat up on. Lol. And you just played into their hands Da Realest. You did.

Hellhector and Joshue are right. And many others you ARE POINTING the GUNS in the wrong direction. You are. And you don't even know where you went wrong.

Suki.

Comment

"Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population"

Muy bien hecho! Good for you. Maybe blackpeople.com will care.

Comment

So Darealest you called me a fool! I went back and checked what you wrote. Your right, you did not say you were Rican, you were telling a story from some poor person damaged by an incident which you feed on, rather than help. If you would of put that story in "QUOTES" rather than a single quote I would of noticed. I didn't bother reading it all since I don't read responses which are quoted completely, especially if it's longggggggggggggggggggggg. It blinds the reader.

You remind me of a girl who hollered to me while I was underway and at the ships store. She was upset that I was speaking spanish with my company. I went up to her and said, "Don't you ever tell me to stop speaking my language! First I'm not addressing you, and second, if it weren't for us very little African culture would of survived in the new world. Why be angry at me for you not absorbing yours. The "resentment", I felt it many times growing up mr. Surprisingly, the biggest guardians of the one drop rule today, are not Whites, but Blacks like you.

"You people kept the culture alive! That is just beautiful. I wished we did that, but life was different and harder for slaves in the USA."

Dizzy Gillespie on Chano Pozo

Like any other ethnic group the majority of AA's are great people with a wonderful history. I'm a mother of such a child who is half of what you call AA. His family does not share you ideals, your hatred and your resentment towards us! Now back to what I was going to say before I realized you called me a fool!

True Spanish television is racist. They are also IDIOTS! The Spanish Networks display women as pieces of meat and men as sanganos. What intelligent Spanish Black in his or her right mind would want to display themselves as such? Especially in the worst productions of acting ever made? You will only see them on tv as musical guests. My opinion? They refuse to employ themselves in what is considered by many educated people degradation. Therefore they opt for the THEATRE! That is where you see them DaRealest. You will also see them on HITN-TV on shows like, Antologia Corriente Cultural, Poesia Bajo Las Estrellas, Cultura Viva, etc.... Did anyone ever tell you those Spanish networks do not come from PR? That PR television has many channels and stations not seen on Telemundo, Univision and Galavision? Did you know that?

Why don't you buy yourself a video by Banco Popular "RAICES" get some love? Here's the link: http://www2.mailordercentral.com/isl...tem=5&mitem=11

And here's the famous AfroRican poem in the old language of "Bozal", a mixture of spanish, portuguese and congo spoken by West Africans who were Christian convert slaves, also known as "ladinos". Yep we preserved that to DaRealest. Translated to English on "Did you know Bernie Williams and Roberto Clemente were both" thread.

¿Y tu agüela, aonde ejtá?

Ayé me dijite negro
                Y hoy te boy a contejtá:
                Mi mai se sienta en la sala.

Yo tengo el pelo'e caíyo:
                El tuyo ej seda namá;
                Tu pai lo tiene bien lasio,

Tu coló te salió blanco
                Y la mejiya rosá;
                Loj lábioj loj tiénej finoj . . .

¿Disej que mi bemba ej grande
                Y mi pasa colorá?
                Pero dijme, por la binge,

Como tu nena ej blanquita
                La sacaj mucho a pasiá . . .
                Y yo con ganae gritate

A ti te gujta el fojtrote,
                Y a mi brujca maniguá.
                Tú te laj tiraj de blanco

Erej blanquito enchapao
                Que dentraj en sosiedá,
                Temiendo que se conojca
                La mamá de tu mamá.

Aquí el que no tiene dinga
                Tiene mandinga . . ¡ja, ja!
                Por eso yo te pregunto

Ayé me dijite negro
                Queriéndome abochoná.
                Mi agüela sale a la sala,
                Y la tuya oculta ajtá.

La pobre se ejtá muriendo
                Al belse tan maltratá.
                Que hajta tu perro le ladra
                Si acaso a la sala bá.

¡Y bien que yo la conojco!
                Se ñama siña Tatá . . .
                Tu la ejconde en la cosina,
                Po'que ej prieta de a beldá.

Fernando Fortunato Vizcarrondo

[Edited by JaneMas on 7th October 2004 at 13:05]
                If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
                Thomas Szasz

Comment

Da Realest,
                  What is your purpose coming to a Puerto Rican board and telling us--that in your opinion, White America is more compassionate, and humane and overall more accepting and more 'liberal' with African Americans than supposedly 'white-looking' Puerto Ricans? What is your purpose? You mention Afro origin people in Europe and the USA are better off than in Latin America. WOW, no poop Sherlock! Europe and the USA are first world economies. That is no surprise, that they are economically better off in general. Does Ebony, vibe and etc. prove that separate and equal is the right way to go in the USA? What is your point again Da Realest. Who do insecure brown nosing AA's suck up to in the USA? Let us guess? White people? As Joshue pointed out, "WHO OWNS BET?" Are lighter skinned models in the AA community more 'coveted'. Is all this 'color coded and so on' consciousness created by itself? Without some sysetmic class and economic base dictating things? Hmmmmm. Is Da realest gonna wake up?

You know it is very very interesting how you stated that Puerto Ricans come here (meaning the USA)and get a taste of 'racism' you said. And you feel no compassion for them. I wonder why? I think I know why. And it is what I have suspected all along Da Realest. Who you are truly upset by are the 'priveleged' class in the USA (and we all know who the truly 'priveleged are don't we?). But, if you were really the man of defense of African interests. You would go to some White group's board and talk about their failures to be truly equitable with Latino African origin peoples. If the theme truly interested you, that is what you should do. If you come to a Puerto Rican board and say things the vast majority of Puerto Ricans really don't agree with. Such as "White" Puerto Ricans in general are more racist than "White" Americans, then you need to realize, your 'theme' is going to a dead end Da Realest. No one is in denial about racism. If they are intelligent. I am not. Racism exists. It is fundamentally unfair and wrong and inhumane and just plain ignorant and dangerous. How do I cope with solving it? By being a socialist and studying socialism like socialist democracy, scientific socialism, and class and privelege and what it is based on. I don't get stuck in details that don't change society as a whole. Whether it be soaps owned by private for profit companies that sell some colonized class conscious image to the masses who are too poor to pay for cable and watch lowest common denominator telenovelas on tv in Latin America. I don't get stuck in that cheap detail. I look at the root cause. What is the root cause of discrimination and racism and racial prejudice? The answer is in the reason the first African slaves were imported to the USA in the first place. Some priveleged exploitative class of people needed to exploit and oppress and enslave another group of people of much greater numbers in order for them to live HIGH ON THE HOG. One group uses another groups labor to enrich themselves and consolidate their power. One group knows the other group is human. As human as they themselves are. But, in order to justify the exploitation and the inhumane and unjust laws and class divisions they come up with constant excuses to keep the 'others' enslaved. And the techniques they use don't change. Over history it is the same. We are special. Smarter, better, superior, geniuses, more moral, more wealthy and more able than the exploited and poor and screwed over group, and due to this 'greatness and superiority' we are in the position we are in. The Whites do that to the non-Whites. The first world countries do that to the third world countries. And the really unintelligent get stuck in details and don't see the big picture. They want to tell others who are struggling on many fronts, how 'less' and 'inferior' they are. Why? because the less powerful and less priveleged are 'easier' to beat up on. Lol. And you just played into their hands Da Realest. You did.

Hellhector and Joshue are right. And many others you ARE POINTING the GUNS in the wrong direction. You are. And you don't even know where you went wrong.

Suki.
                  I've read that slavery didn't have anything to do with race, it was more about convenience, it was still wrong though and whoever partook in it added horror to history. These slave owners did try to justify their crimes by claiming that the slaves were inhuman, therefore animals to be used. But it wasn't always about who's white(although it was and is the case in Latin America). The Egyptians enslaved the Hebrews, the Egyptians are basically the complexion of Mexicans and Hebrews are basically white people with tans so....Anyway, it's all about FACTS, solid FACTS.

.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
                  In mostly White districts:

A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.

Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population

PS BET was owned by a black guy but he sold it.

Comment

Da Realest,
                    You get stuck in the details man. You always do. Have you read Bob Woodward's book on Bush's "Plan of Attack" and etc.? You should. Bob Woodward is a Republican conservative journalist. But one with ethics and standards. Not a yellow journalist. In it Colin Powell toys with the idea of becoming the Republican candidate and maybe taking a shot and being the next Republican party presidential candidate. His wife ALMA told him flatly she will leave him if he runs for the oval office. After many years of marriage. WHY? Read it. Once you read it I think you MAY understand what all of us on pr.com know about the USA and that you refuse to understand. Alma Powell knows it. Too bad you don't.

African Americans are more visible now in prominent positions. There is an AA middle class, an upper class and a professional class. There are AA intellectuals, sports figures, historians, scientists, academicians and AA's have been part of the USA and its cultural and historic and economic development for centuries. That is not news. What you must realize Da Realest is that as a WHOLE group AA's don't get an equal slice of the pie as their white counterparts or immigrant groups with less time in the USA especially the 'white' looking immigrant groups who spout the same conservative rhetoric. Why for example are there still a lower ghetto class of AA's in the USA. WHY? Why if there is an equal playing field and whites and blacks in the USA compete for prominent positions why does the Office of Civil Rights get so many complaints of discrimination from the AA's all over the USA? I mean if the problems are solved betwee the AA's and the Whites in power why is the NAACP still in operation. Hasn't the whites been changed for real? Or is it changed to become more subtle and less suable in court now? Do you think all countries should model themselves on the USA's models and methods and etc? Do you really want to be labelled as ethnocentric and closed minded? Because I think if you go to any country in the world you shall find groups in conflict fighting for power of some kind. And the vast majority of people whether they be Mexicans, Turks, Germans, Sudanese, Ethiopians, Syrians, Lebanese, Russians, Ukranians, Cubans, Vietnamese, Chinese, ALL think their culture is the THING. And are not interested in becoming culturally AMERICAN. They are interested in enhancing their own culture. They are interested in jobs, eduction, housing, peace and prosperity like the VAST majority of human beings on earth. They aren't going to do it the AMERICAN way. They are going to do their way. If you feel they need to learn from the USA. Fine. That is what international relations is about. But, the USA needs to learn from other countries too. And especially like health care, education and race relations. Because yes Da Realest, there are other places that do a better job in those fields than the USA. We all learn from each other. We do. The problems of the world are human problems. And playing the arrogant and the mighty aint gonna cut it. Lol.

You want me to post again the Science Fair project on Pueto Ricans? Lol. They have a long list of illustrious Puerto Ricans. And many are of Afro origin too. And it aint my fault the biggest collection on African culture and history was started and compiled by a Puerto Rican and not an AA. Lol. Hey Sidney Poitier was a Caribbean guy. Lol. Not an AA either. Belafonte was a Caribbean guy and not an AA. Colin Powell's parents were Jamaicans and not AA's. I don't gripe about it. Lol. Take care da realest.

And I wanted to add, if you come to a Puerto Bulletin/Message board and have demonstrated no interest in the cultural things we post. Whether it be Yautia, Jane, I and others about the island. Yet, you want us to listen to you and the concerns of AA's in the USA. You don't think that is at best impolite, and at worst DISRESPECTFUL and ARROGANT. Hey, I visit other boards in VCI. I identify myself as Puerto Rican and respectfully listen and read the histories of the other nations on this site. I don't bust into Bangladesh.com or Sweden.com or SouthAfrica.com etc. and say, "You guys are inferior imitate us the Puerto Ricans. We are better. We got it going on." Not only is that crass and arrogant and bad technique and just downright RUDE. But it turns people off. A lot of AA's go to SouthAfrica.com and fight with the white South African racists over there. But, you know what the white South African racists do make one valid point in mostly racist stupid statements. They say, "You AA's in the USA aren't going to live in South Africa. You are staying in Detroit. New York. Etc. Why don't you fix your own serious racial issues. We got a whole lot of our own already." And you know what? They are right. This is a Puerto Rican community in cyberspace Da Realest. We are interested in Puerto Rican issues. We are a USA territory/colony/commonwealth limbo status island, and as such we have people writing in English mostly on this board (and lucky you are too of that or you won't be able to communicate with us at all)LOL. But we are a Spanish speaking place. And a Latin American place. And we have a unique history. It is ours. Not some other place's history. We don't mind talking about race relations and racism. But, we aren't as Phidawg says going to be monothematic and see things like African Americans. WHY? Cuz we are Puerto Ricans. Culturally we are different than AA's. Can you accept that? Yes or no? Can you accept we are not AA's and don't share the same history as the White Americans and African Americans who are in the USA? Or is that concept too hard for you to take? Some think you are really a Puerto Rican with a deep identity problem. Others like Jane think you are one of those AA's who believe in separate but equal and don't like any culture that is not the Black vs White paradigm in the USA. I see you as lost and circular and not analytical. Phidawg thinks you aint gettin' it. And so do Joshue and Hellhector. Waneko thinks you have some kind of emotional thing happening. And one person thinks you pathetic. You better start evaluating how you are interacting with us on this board and see where you hope to go in pr.com. Or if you want to think about what you want to talk about. Halle is AA, Truthangel was too. I have been here for three years. And met a few AA's who come on this board. Abril is one too. It seems pr.com is an ok place for them to come. You are the only one who gets circular with the race theme. The other AA's aren't as uptight. I wonder why? To each their own.

Have a good weekend Da realest.

Suki.

[Edited by Suki on 9th October 2004 at 02:59]

Comment

Da Realest,
                      You get stuck in the details man. You always do. Have you read Bob Woodward's book on Bush's "Plan of Attack" and etc.? You should. Bob Woodward is a Republican conservative journalist. But one with ethics and standards. Not a yellow journalist. In it Colin Powell toys with the idea of becoming the Republican candidate and maybe taking a shot and being the next Republican party presidential candidate. His wife ALMA told him flatly she will leave him if he runs for the oval office. After many years of marriage. WHY? Read it. Once you read it I think you MAY understand what all of us on pr.com know about the USA and that you refuse to understand. Alma Powell knows it. Too bad you don't.

African Americans are more visible now in prominent positions. There is an AA middle class, an upper class and a professional class. There are AA intellectuals, sports figures, historians, scientists, academicians and AA's have been part of the USA and its cultural and historic and economic development for centuries. That is not news. What you must realize Da Realest is that as a WHOLE group AA's don't get an equal slice of the pie as their white counterparts or immigrant groups with less time in the USA especially the 'white' looking immigrant groups who spout the same conservative rhetoric. Why for example are there still a lower ghetto class of AA's in the USA. WHY? Why if there is an equal playing field and whites and blacks in the USA compete for prominent positions why does the Office of Civil Rights get so many complaints of discrimination from the AA's all over the USA? I mean if the problems are solved betwee the AA's and the Whites in power why is the NAACP still in operation. Hasn't the whites been changed for real? Or is it changed to become more subtle and less suable in court now? Do you think all countries should model themselves on the USA's models and methods and etc? Do you really want to be labelled as ethnocentric and closed minded? Because I think if you go to any country in the world you shall find groups in conflict fighting for power of some kind. And the vast majority of people whether they be Mexicans, Turks, Germans, Sudanese, Ethiopians, Syrians, Lebanese, Russians, Ukranians, Cubans, Vietnamese, Chinese, ALL think their culture is the THING. And are not interested in becoming culturally AMERICAN. They are interested in enhancing their own culture. They are interested in jobs, eduction, housing, peace and prosperity like the VAST majority of human beings on earth. They aren't going to do it the AMERICAN way. They are going to do their way. If you feel they need to learn from the USA. Fine. That is what international relations is about. But, the USA needs to learn from other countries too. And especially like health care, education and race relations. Because yes Da Realest, there are other places that do a better job in those fields than the USA. We all learn from each other. We do. The problems of the world are human problems. And playing the arrogant and the mighty aint gonna cut it. Lol.

You want me to post again the Science Fair project on Pueto Ricans? Lol. They have a long list of illustrious Puerto Ricans. And many are of Afro origin too. And it aint my fault the biggest collection on African culture and history was started and compiled by a Puerto Rican and not an AA. Lol. Hey Sidney Poitier was a Caribbean guy. Lol. Not an AA either. Belafonte was a Caribbean guy and not an AA. Colin Powell's parents were Jamaicans and not AA's. I don't gripe about it. Lol. Take care da realest.

And I wanted to add, if you come to a Puerto Bulletin/Message board and have demonstrated no interest in the cultural things we post. Whether it be Yautia, Jane, I and others about the island. Yet, you want us to listen to you and the concerns of AA's in the USA. You don't think that is at best impolite, and at worst DISRESPECTFUL and ARROGANT. Hey, I visit other boards in VCI. I identify myself as Puerto Rican and respectfully listen and read the histories of the other nations on this site. I don't bust into Bangladesh.com or Sweden.com or SouthAfrica.com etc. and say, "You guys are inferior imitate us the Puerto Ricans. We are better. We got it going on." Not only is that crass and arrogant and bad technique and just downright RUDE. But it turns people off. A lot of AA's go to SouthAfrica.com and fight with the white South African racists over there. But, you know what the white South African racists do make one valid point in mostly racist stupid statements. They say, "You AA's in the USA aren't going to live in South Africa. You are staying in Detroit. New York. Etc. Why don't you fix your own serious racial issues. We got a whole lot of our own already." And you know what? They are right. This is a Puerto Rican community in cyberspace Da Realest. We are interested in Puerto Rican issues. We are a USA territory/colony/commonwealth limbo status island, and as such we have people writing in English mostly on this board (and lucky you are too of that or you won't be able to communicate with us at all)LOL. But we are a Spanish speaking place. And a Latin American place. And we have a unique history. It is ours. Not some other place's history. We don't mind talking about race relations and racism. But, we aren't as Phidawg says going to be monothematic and see things like African Americans. WHY? Cuz we are Puerto Ricans. Culturally we are different than AA's. Can you accept that? Yes or no? Can you accept we are not AA's and don't share the same history as the White Americans and African Americans who are in the USA? Or is that concept too hard for you to take? Some think you are really a Puerto Rican with a deep identity problem. Others like Jane think you are one of those AA's who believe in separate but equal and don't like any culture that is not the Black vs White paradigm in the USA. I see you as lost and circular and not analytical. Phidawg thinks you aint gettin' it. And so do Joshue and Hellhector. Waneko thinks you have some kind of emotional thing happening. And one person thinks you pathetic. You better start evaluating how you are interacting with us on this board and see where you hope to go in pr.com. Or if you want to think about what you want to talk about. Halle is AA, Truthangel was too. I have been here for three years. And met a few AA's who come on this board. Abril is one too. It seems pr.com is an ok place for them to come. You are the only one who gets circular with the race theme. The other AA's aren't as uptight. I wonder why? To each their own.

Have a good weekend Da realest.

Suki.

[Edited by Suki on 9th October 2004 at 02:59]
                      So, there's no place in the world where all blacks get a slice of the pie. Once again, you're pointing your finger at the U.S., you're being hypocritical. We still outdo all other blacks in other societies so I don't think you should be commenting on our situation. It's like P.Diddy said 'we got into music, and we took that shi+ over, we got into fashion, we took that shi+ over, and no we're gettin' into politics and we're gonna take that shi+ over'. We don't need your help or sympathy, if you want to do something try helping the blacks in your own country.

I remember I was having a debate with a Puerto Rican girl, similar to the one you and I are having now. She was defensive but she mainly agreed with me. She said 'you're right, Afro-Puertoricans don't have a voice, but that's our problem, we have to deal with it'. And you're obviously not dealing with it that's why the OAA stepped in. As they explained, when racism like this is allowed to silently fester in Latin America what can blacks do but unite universally? And it's not black supremacy either, it's black progress. Maybe if you weren't so busy in our business than you'd be able to solve some problems at home.

'African Americans are more visible now in prominent positions. There is an AA middle class, an upper class and a professional class. There are AA intellectuals, sports figures, historians, scientists, academicians and AA's have been part of the USA and its cultural and historic and economic development for centuries. That is not news'

Couldn't agree more Suki, it's not news, which means are racial barriers have been broken, and many of yours still need breaking.

PS I read your comment about how you find African Americans attractive and all, THANK YOU, because I find myself very attractive, I couldn't agree with you more on that either. Not saying that every African American guy is attractive, I'm speaking personally

Comment

Da Realest said:

So, there's no place in the world where all blacks get a slice of the pie. Once again, you're pointing your finger at the U.S., you're being hypocritical.

Suki: Da Realest you are so locked into the USA's black vs. white paradigm you don't see the forest for the trees. Do you seriously think in a free African nation where the President is Black and the top 'elite' are Black and the winos in the street are black and most everyone is Black, that then the issue boils down to who has 'power' and who has economic might and military and social prestige and etc? Don't be naive or dense Da Realest. People are human. All of us. And if you can't make a simple correlation between colonized/colonizer, first world/third world, upper class/underclass powerful/powerless and their relationships with each other, in ALL human run societies, then what hope is there to continue debating? Do you even understand my point? I don't think so. I truly think you don't see the forest for the trees. Solve your innate contradictions Da Realest.

We still outdo all other blacks in other societies so I don't think you should be commenting on our situation.

Suki: "Outdo"? Da Realest, you just again made a comment that reveals just how much NO PROGRESS has been made by AA's in the USA. They still feel they need to prove themselves and 'outperform' their white counterparts in order to get half of the opportunities. One of the famous Delaney sisters Sadie or the other one said in their book, "An average intelligence and an average white man can go far in this society. But if you are average and Negro, you aint gonna get anywhere." That is the problem Da Realest. The need to 'perform'. To watch your step, to do more, be more, feel more pressure and have to be on guard at all times sometimes when not in an all Black social setting. And this country is not a majority AA in population country and the AA's don't run it. Not the power structure. Not the core. So, again. And since you are the one who introduced the race theme, I can comment. I am a Puerto Rican woman on a Puerto Rican board. I have every right to comment.

It's like P.Diddy said 'we got into music, and we took that shi+ over, we got into fashion, we took that shi+ over, and no we're gettin' into politics and we're gonna take that shi+ over'. We don't need your help or sympathy, if you want to do something try helping the blacks in your own country.

Suki: But you see Da Realest, I don't see Blacks in my island. I just see a sea of Puerto Ricans. Lol. I have African genes, so do they. I have Spanish genes so do they, I have Taino genes, and many other genes. All in varying degrees. I don't see one kind of Puerto Rican. I see us as just Puerto Ricans. Punto. You still are segregating yourself from the other USA folks. That is the problem right there. And when you can talk of Puerto Rican history and culture with about the same knowledge as I can talk about African American history and culture, then maybe I can think you are not a lost soul.

I remember I was having a debate with a Puerto Rican girl, similar to the one you and I are having now. She was defensive but she mainly agreed with me. She said 'you're right, Afro-Puertoricans don't have a voice, but that's our problem, we have to deal with it'. And you're obviously not dealing with it that's why the OAA stepped in. As they explained, when racism like this is allowed to silently fester in Latin America what can blacks do but unite universally? And it's not black supremacy either, it's black progress. Maybe if you weren't so busy in our business than you'd be able to solve some problems at home.

Suki: First of all Da Realest, you have no right to tell Puerto Ricans in their 'cyberspace' what we should be doing. Especially when you have not demonstrated any interest in our culture. We aren't dealing with what? The one drop rule crapola? That is some Southern Cracker situation that is definitely from the mainland. Do you want Joshue to post some more 'evidence' of the mainland's problems? Blacks united universally in the Caribbean that is for sure. That is what "Y tu Abuela donde esta" means. Three Puerto Ricans have told you already what "Y tu Abuela Donde esta" means. And you still don't get it. Why? Because you are lost Da Realest. Racism is allowed to fester? You see that is the issue Da Realest, the place in which it festers and becomes putrid to the point of segregation and self-segregation comes from the mainland's history. Its deep and pestelant history of violent racism. Dizzy Gillespie when speaking to Chano Pozo was right. Those two great musicians one AA and one Cuban, had Africa in common. And Dizzy did tell Chano, "You guys kept the culture alive. But slavery in the USA was different." Jane pointed that out to you. And it flew over your head. A lot of stuff flies over your head.

Suki: Yes, I find AA men very beautiful in general. And some of my favorite professors in oratory, presentation, content and intellectual prowess have been AA's. But all of them weren't like you Da Realest. They all wanted to learn from Puerto Rican history, they wanted to learn period. And had minds as open as the skies above. I hope you stay here at pr.com and get to know us. For real.

Suki.

'African Americans are more visible now in prominent positions. There is an AA middle class, an upper class and a professional class. There are AA intellectuals, sports figures, historians, scientists, academicians and AA's have been part of the USA and its cultural and historic and economic development for centuries. That is not news'

Couldn't agree more Suki, it's not news, which means are racial barriers have been broken, and many of yours still need breaking.

Suki: How to break barriers? The American segregated thinking way? Or the Puerto Rican way? I choose the Puerto Rican way. And if you don't like it. I really am indifferent to that. You still fail to deal with our issues. And keep on circulating back to issues that are of interest to AA's only. Not the Puerto Ricans. You don't get it.

PS I read your comment about how you find African Americans attractive and all, THANK YOU, because I find myself very attractive, I couldn't agree with you more on that either. Not saying that every African American guy is attractive, I'm speaking personally [/B][/QUOTE]

Suki: Well, if you hope to find a Puerto Rican girlfriend in the future, I would suggest you start being more open to learning the culture. And not touting your own horn so much. Smacks of insecurity. I am sure you are a handsome young man. I just wish you would acquire just a little more depth, less contradictions, more analysis and as Waneko stated, when you go off to debate the big boys, please remember to not be so shallow. For the AA's can't afford to be average in this society. Nope. They have to be outstanding if they are to get 75% of what they deserve. Cuz the whites already got theirs. And they are not about to give it up. Da Realest I hope you have some time to study PR history. Cuz you need it.

Comment

Da Realest said:

So, there's no place in the world where all blacks get a slice of the pie. Once again, you're pointing your finger at the U.S., you're being hypocritical.

Suki: Da Realest you are so locked into the USA's black vs. white paradigm you don't see the forest for the trees. Do you seriously think in a free African nation where the President is Black and the top 'elite' are Black and the winos in the street are black and most everyone is Black, that then the issue boils down to who has 'power' and who has economic might and military and social prestige and etc? Don't be naive or dense Da Realest. People are human. All of us. And if you can't make a simple correlation between colonized/colonizer, first world/third world, upper class/underclass powerful/powerless and their relationships with each other, in ALL human run societies, then what hope is there to continue debating? Do you even understand my point? I don't think so. I truly think you don't see the forest for the trees. Solve your innate contradictions Da Realest.

We still outdo all other blacks in other societies so I don't think you should be commenting on our situation.

Suki: "Outdo"? Da Realest, you just again made a comment that reveals just how much NO PROGRESS has been made by AA's in the USA. They still feel they need to prove themselves and 'outperform' their white counterparts in order to get half of the opportunities. One of the famous Delaney sisters Sadie or the other one said in their book, "An average intelligence and an average white man can go far in this society. But if you are average and Negro, you aint gonna get anywhere." That is the problem Da Realest. The need to 'perform'. To watch your step, to do more, be more, feel more pressure and have to be on guard at all times sometimes when not in an all Black social setting. And this country is not a majority AA in population country and the AA's don't run it. Not the power structure. Not the core. So, again. And since you are the one who introduced the race theme, I can comment. I am a Puerto Rican woman on a Puerto Rican board. I have every right to comment.

It's like P.Diddy said 'we got into music, and we took that shi+ over, we got into fashion, we took that shi+ over, and no we're gettin' into politics and we're gonna take that shi+ over'. We don't need your help or sympathy, if you want to do something try helping the blacks in your own country.

Suki: But you see Da Realest, I don't see Blacks in my island. I just see a sea of Puerto Ricans. Lol. I have African genes, so do they. I have Spanish genes so do they, I have Taino genes, and many other genes. All in varying degrees. I don't see one kind of Puerto Rican. I see us as just Puerto Ricans. Punto. You still are segregating yourself from the other USA folks. That is the problem right there. And when you can talk of Puerto Rican history and culture with about the same knowledge as I can talk about African American history and culture, then maybe I can think you are not a lost soul.

Suki: First of all Da Realest, you have no right to tell Puerto Ricans in their 'cyberspace' what we should be doing. Especially when you have not demonstrated any interest in our culture. We aren't dealing with what? The one drop rule crapola? That is some Southern Cracker situation that is definitely from the mainland. Do you want Joshue to post some more 'evidence' of the mainland's problems? Blacks united universally in the Caribbean that is for sure. That is what "Y tu Abuela donde esta" means. Three Puerto Ricans have told you already what "Y tu Abuela Donde esta" means. And you still don't get it. Why? Because you are lost Da Realest. Racism is allowed to fester? You see that is the issue Da Realest, the place in which it festers and becomes putrid to the point of segregation and self-segregation comes from the mainland's history. Its deep and pestelant history of violent racism. Dizzy Gillespie when speaking to Chano Pozo was right. Those two great musicians one AA and one Cuban, had Africa in common. And Dizzy did tell Chano, "You guys kept the culture alive. But slavery in the USA was different." Jane pointed that out to you. And it flew over your head. A lot of stuff flies over your head.

Suki: Yes, I find AA men very beautiful in general. And some of my favorite professors in oratory, presentation, content and intellectual prowess have been AA's. But all of them weren't like you Da Realest. They all wanted to learn from Puerto Rican history, they wanted to learn period. And had minds as open as the skies above. I hope you stay here at pr.com and get to know us. For real.

Suki.

Suki: How to break barriers? The American segregated thinking way? Or the Puerto Rican way? I choose the Puerto Rican way. And if you don't like it. I really am indifferent to that. You still fail to deal with our issues. And keep on circulating back to issues that are of interest to AA's only. Not the Puerto Ricans. You don't get it.

PS I read your comment about how you find African Americans attractive and all, THANK YOU, because I find myself very attractive, I couldn't agree with you more on that either. Not saying that every African American guy is attractive, I'm speaking personally
                          Suki: Well, if you hope to find a Puerto Rican girlfriend in the future, I would suggest you start being more open to learning the culture. And not touting your own horn so much. Smacks of insecurity. I am sure you are a handsome young man. I just wish you would acquire just a little more depth, less contradictions, more analysis and as Waneko stated, when you go off to debate the big boys, please remember to not be so shallow. For the AA's can't afford to be average in this society. Nope. They have to be outstanding if they are to get 75% of what they deserve. Cuz the whites already got theirs. And they are not about to give it up. Da Realest I hope you have some time to study PR history. Cuz you need it. [/B][/QUOTE]

'For the AA's can't afford to be average in this society. Nope. They have to be outstanding if they are to get 75% of what they deserve. Cuz the whites already got theirs.'

Oh, and black latinos have it easy? A latino once told me that a white looking latina can be lazy, mean, and not look so good but still be worshipped, whereas a dark or black latina has to look flawlessly beautiful to be treated good. It's the same everywhere. Blacks always have to work harder, Latin America is not exempt from this fact. My brother said that he likes adversity, it makes him stronger. I like it too. Many rappers say that if they'd grown up like white kids they wouldn't have any drive or ambition.

And as for your racial problems I don't think you should try pinning them on the U.S., it's very unbecoming, very childish, and very irresponsible. Like Ernesto Quinonez said, these problems have plagued Latin America for centuries.

'Well, if you hope to find a Puerto Rican girlfriend in the future, I would suggest you start being more open to learning the culture.'

I don't want a Puerto Rican girlfriend...

Comment

Da realest,
                            The USA is the one that went out looking to acquire Puerto Rico we did not come calling on the USA. Read your history.

And you definitely sound like a man with a chip on his shoulder. Why come to a Puerto Rican board if you aren't interested in learning something from Puerto Ricans? Please explain what your 'mission' is. And once you do. Do something positive about it.

You don't want a Puerto Rican girlfriend? Lol. Fine. So why come here and say we don't acknowledge Afro Latinos? I gave a list of prominent Afro Puerto Ricans. Did you read it? Or you are not interested in prominent Afro Puerto Ricans?

Hey pr.com do you understand what Da Realest's issues are? I hope you do.

Suki.

Comment

Da realest,
                              The USA is the one that went out looking to acquire Puerto Rico we did not come calling on the USA. Read your history.

And you definitely sound like a man with a chip on his shoulder. Why come to a Puerto Rican board if you aren't interested in learning something from Puerto Ricans? Please explain what your 'mission' is. And once you do. Do something positive about it.

You don't want a Puerto Rican girlfriend? Lol. Fine. So why come here and say we don't acknowledge Afro Latinos? I gave a list of prominent Afro Puerto Ricans. Did you read it? Or you are not interested in prominent Afro Puerto Ricans?

Hey pr.com do you understand what Da Realest's issues are? I hope you do.

Suki.
                              My aim is to make blacks wake up and smell the coffee. Everybody on this site smacks of the old South. You act like my intentions aren't pure. When black activists went to the South lots of whites said 'our negroes we're doin' fine till that Martin Luther King character came rowlin em up', and that's how most people on this site act. I guess I'm the rowler upper. But I will stop at nothing until I'm satisfied with my efforts. I'll take this to BET, Ebony magazine, whatever it takes. And when I feel that Afro-Latinos are visible then I will be satisfied. And I'm not alone. Lots of black Americans agree with me and lots of Afro-Latinos also. I have a black Dominican associate on blackplanet.com and he said that he hopes white Americans make white latinos suffer for what they've put black latinos through. I have nothing to do with that but he is concerned about the welfare of Afro-Latinos so he's joined my ranks. I've mailed my thoughts to lots of people. I mailed King Magazine not long ago because they had an article about Latin America that was misinformative. I will not tolerate misinformation or misrepresentation.

'I'm visible, I shine'-P.Diddy

Comment

Yes! I too want diz que "Black" men and women to wake up!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Da_Realest
                                [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Suki
                                [B]Da realest,

My aim is to make blacks wake up and smell the coffee. Everybody on this site smacks of the old South. You act like my intentions aren't pure. When black activists went to the South lots of whites said 'our negroes we're doin' fine till that Martin Luther King character came rowlin em up', and that's how most people on this site act. I guess I'm the rowler upper. But I will stop at nothing until I'm satisfied with my efforts. I'll take this to BET, Ebony magazine, whatever it takes. And when I feel that Afro-Latinos are visible then I will be satisfied. And I'm not alone. Lots of black Americans agree with me and lots of Afro-Latinos also.
                                'I'm visible, I shine'-P.Diddy:
                                _______________________________________________________________

I too want to make blacks wake up and smell the coffee!

Let's see where shall we start?

How about the NAACP, you seem to be familiar with their history in the South, you know all those black activists?

Here is some reality news for realists:

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

"Today we face a renewed effort as the forces of racism and retrogression in America are again on the rise. Many of the hard-earned civil rights gains of the past three decades are under assault."

And Realist, how about posting some of them jobs by companies committed to diversity, i.e. blacks, black hispanics, (a black hispanic woman would be a real triple token!), and lets not forget about the Native Americans!

Lets have a real salute to excellence in arts, culture, politics and more, right here! (For Black scholars, black arts, black culture, politics, civil and human rights, of course!). Please don't bring candy rice, colon power, or repuke football heroes, its not about Uncle Toms or Tia Tomasas!). As an example, here is a diz que "Black" that is an excellent example of the people and those "Black Southern Issues" I like to work with: (Press Release, NAACP):

August 27, 2004

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond Calls For Election Protection To Defend Voting Rights Act

Julian Bond, Chairman of the Board, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), has called on Attorney General John Ashcroft to take steps to protect minority voters against practices meant to deceive or intimidate minority voters during the elections this fall.

Bond said a report on voter intimidation and suppression released by the NAACP and People for the American Way shows that deliberate efforts to deceive or intimidate voters into staying away from the polls continue to emerge in major elections.

The report, entitled, “The Long Shadow of Jim Crow: Voter Intimidation and Suppression in America,” documents several decades of race-based efforts to deter minority voters, including African Americans, Latinos and Native Americans from casting their votes.

Bond said: “We are calling on Attorney General John Ashcroft, state attorney generals, political parties and election officials everywhere to halt these tactics, to closely monitor groups in their communities with a history of voter suppression, and to send a clear message that America guarantees that every voter can cast his or her vote without running a gauntlet of hostile forces or dirty tricks, and that every vote will be fairly counted.”

Tactics cited in the report include; asking minority voters to vote on alternate days, demanding forms of identification not required by law to vote, the use of phony voter purge lists containing legitimate voters, and harassment of voters at the polls. “Minority voters bear the brunt of every form of disenfranchisement, including pernicious efforts to keep them away from the polls”, said Bond.

He said, “When the 1965 Voting Rights Act eliminated literacy tests and the poll tax, the enemies of democracy turned to other means.” This year, with widespread predictions of a close national election, Bond said, “We are reminding voters, election officials, and the media about the kinds of dirty tricks that can be expected. We must be prepared to confront and defeat them.”

The report said that in South Dakota's June 2004 primary, Native American voters were prevented from voting after they were challenged to provide photo IDs, which were not required by state or federal law.

This summer, Michigan state Rep. John Pappageorge (R-Troy) was quoted in the Detroit Free Press as saying: "If we do not suppress the Detroit vote, we're going to have a tough time in this election. African Americans comprise 83% of Detroit's population.”

Most recently, armed plainclothes officers from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) questioned elderly black voters in their homes as part of a state investigation of voting irregularities in the Orlando March 2003 mayoral election. Critics have charged that the tactics used by the FDLE have intimidated black voters, which could suppress their turnout in this year's elections.

Founded in 1909, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is the nation’s oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its half-million adult and youth members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors."

____________________________________________________________

Yes, my dear man, I too work for the NAACP!

Yautia

Comment

Working...
                                X