Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the U.S. vs. Suki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the U.S. vs. Suki

    The U.S. has no definite culture, it is not fixtured, it is not rigid. Our culture is like a fluent river, other cultures are like stone, stone is not indestructible but it's harder to penetrate than water. Our culture is flexible, that is why it has room for other races and new things. Much of U.S. culture is borrowed, it's a cultural concoction. We have Pizza from Italy, Martial Arts from China, crossaints from France, English from England etc.

    Other cultures lack adaptablity because they are incessantly traditional. Like in Middle Eastern cultures for example. The women are treated like slaves. A woman on tv was talking about how she contracted STDs from her husband and when she was asked why she didn't tell him to wear a condom she said that women in her country are not allowed to question or comment on what a man does. The way that women are treated is barbaric, and it won't change any time soon because it's a cultural attribute. Cultural attributes don't just disappear. Most of the women are content with the way they are treated becaust it's all they know. Many of the people support dictatorship because it's all they know. A friend of mine told me that Sadam Hussein shot his soccer team just because they lost a game. No one objects because it's the way things are.

    Afro-Latinos have a similar issue. They are content with their situation because it's all they know. In 'No Longer Invisible' the author of the Afro-Mexican chapter said that the Afro-Mexicans seemed to feel that they didn't deserve better because they've been made to believe that they are despicable people. Latin racism is not just going to go away either because it's cultural. It's passed down. Racism in the U.S. is usually personal. I met a girl on line who said she didn't like blacks because her mother was killed by a black guy but then I told her how my grandfather was killed by a white guy, and we talked and by the end of the conversation she was apologizing to me. Then once I met a white guy who didn't like black guys because he said in highschool all the good looking girls always liked black guys. Many KKK members are scared, angry, jealous, or sad people. Have you ever heard of Daryl Davis? He ended the KKK in Maryland. He became friends with them, he would follow them and talk to them every day and ask them why they hated other races. And he became very good friends with the leader of the Klan. After they became good friends the leader gave up the Klan, and he was such an influential leader that all of his followers stopped also. That's why there is no KKK in New Jersy. This is not a moralistic tale of epic proportions, this REALLY HAPPENED. A black man encouraged Klan members to quit the Klan. He even became the god father of the Grand Wizard's daughter. That is the difference between cultural and personal racism. Cultural racism won't go away so easily.

    Puerto Ricans don't emphasize nationality because they're color blind, ONLY DOGS ARE COLOR BLIND. They do it because they don't want to be lumped together with Mexicans or Cubans or Dominicans. Asians are the same way. Every asian doesn't want to be called Chinese. It doesn't mean they are color blind. I've been followed and watched closely by Koreans when I'm in their stores because they think I'll steal something.


    The U.S. is accepting, the U.S. is ever changing, the U.S. is great. My friends from Africa could tell you what I mean. They told me that in Africa they ate their food very close to their mouths because if they dropped it someone would come and pick it up. But now they're doing really well. They've got a nice house, nice cars, they couldn't have come to Puerto Rico and done this well. Even Afro-Puerto Ricans find it more accepting. They can finally be proud to be black.

    'To this day, I still get "the look" from people whenever I speak Spanish. There are times when I still get embarrassed if I am asked to translate. Sometimes I still believe that had I resembled Rita Moreno or Jennifer Lopez, I would be less self-conscious. Nevertheless, I have become an expert at drifting in and out of three worlds: the Latino (family), the Black (friends), and the White (co-workers). Because my "looks" don't go with my ethnicity, I can listen in on Spanish conversations in elevators where unsuspecting lovers think they are safe because all they see is a Black woman. I can get rid of my accent on cue and slip into my Black persona with an African-American sister in a line at the bank without letting on "what" I am. I am once again that undercover spy I was as a child.

    Still, my appearance is not enough to warrant instant acknowledgment by my Latin sisters; I have to speak Spanish before I get the nod, the obligatory "żDe donde eres?" With my African-American sisters, I am accepted right away based on our analogous hair and skin. They ask "How you doin'?" and only later, after we have shared stories, established a kinship, do they ask, "Where are you from?" Sometimes, they don't ask because it doesn't matter. They understand what my hair and I have been through.'

    Ask Xena Ruiz, it's her article, she can be reached at laequis222@yahoo.com

  • #2
    Da Realest, may I ask why you continue to create threads with my name on it? What is your purpose for doing it?

    You aren't understanding what I am saying. How many times do you have to have the same things repeated to you and you still miss the big picture? I am going to be like Waneko now and allow other people to explain things to you. I think you will benefit from that.

    And just two things you need to understand:

    1) No human culture is static. And not changing. That is impossible. All of us as human cultures change and adapt. Does that mean that there are no elites or priveleged groups in human societies? No. The vast majority of modern Capitalistic and Socialistic societies still have elites and priveleged groups in their societies. I think you need to study cultural anthropology and sociology. If you did you wouldn't be making so many mistakes in social analysis.

    2) Start coping with economic priveleges and access vs. inherited priveleges and access. Race and class as interlinked things and economic and social mobility and how it is achieved in the first world compared to colonial legacies and third world economics. Is it based on genes or on race? And if it is not is it based on culture? Or on economic systems? Think about it.

    Good bye Da Realest.

    Suki.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Suki
      Da Realest, may I ask why you continue to create threads with my name on it? What is your purpose for doing it?

      Suki.
      Hi Suki, I see you've been busy doing a lot of sparring here in cyberspace. I'm thinking you haven't seen my small posts directed toward you. They've been buried in the longer posts.

      I just thought I'd venture an answer here for you. This reminds me a lot of when my 3rd grade girls come up to me and say, "Mrs. that boy over there keeps hitting me" or "that boy keeps calling me names" or "that boy won't leave me alone." And you know what I tell them? Ahh, yes you know what's coming. "Oh, that boy likes you. He's just trying to get your attention and doesn't know how else to do it."

      Isn't true, DaRealest? You are impressed with Suki's intelligence, knowledge base, and fire and now are trying to wow her with your own.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Suki,

        Long time no type. Hope you are doing well. Very nice and thoughtful piece about US culture. I agree in principle with most of your statements.

        I do agree that the overall US culture is permeable. However, I do think there are subcultures within the country that reject all others, some even violently. There are numerous so called "purist" ideals in this country. Some of these "purist" ideals have been attached not only to caucasian but also to Asian, Native American, Hispanic, Black, and perhaps other subgroups.

        Puerto Ricans, in general, and even on the island, seem to be very accepting of other cultures and regularly absorb foreign cultural themes (i.e., reggae, rap, etc.). The Puerto Rican subculture in the east coast has adopted and/or integrated itself to a great extent into african american urban culture (hip-hop culture, etc.); in the midwest, to greater or lesser extent, Puerto Ricans have incorporated more of the working class anglo values; etc..

        As a whole, I believe that our contribution to the US culture could be greater. We bring a rich culture and values that could strengthen the core values of the US. But acceptance is a two-way street. We must instill trust in those who would learn from us (or exchange knowledge with us). We must find avenues to share our culture. I have found the best strategy for this is to participate in others' sharing of their culture. Teaching is another way, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Certainly, this forum would be a vehicle for cultural exchange.

        Take care my friend,

        José

        Comment


        • #5

          You're the one who wants to keep going back and fourth with me. You can't just give it a rest, you have to keep arguing with me. And I happen to fancy arguments every now and then so we can do this as long as you want to. Many of the other little punks have given up because they know I'm right but you insist on lies.

          'No human culture is static. And not changing. That is impossible. All of us as human cultures change and adapt. Does that mean that there are no elites or priveleged groups in human societies? No. The vast majority of modern Capitalistic and Socialistic societies still have elites and priveleged groups in their societies. I think you need to study cultural anthropology and sociology. If you did you wouldn't be making so many mistakes in social analysis.'

          Lots of cultures don't change. Their govenments stay the same, their customs stay the same, their prejudices stay the same. Things change around them though. More technology, new music, new attire and so fourth. But as Tupac said 'when my mama asks me 'will it change?', I tell her hell yeah but it'll always be the same'. Things change but overall they're still the same. You are right about every society having a priveleged group. That's what I've been saying all along. So why do you keep trying to single out the U.S.? I think Carlos Flores as right when he said that many non-black latinos want white Americans to give them oppurtunities and rights that Afro-Latinos want from them. It's hypocrisy at its finest. I could join your 'Us against white Americans' club but I'm not that gullible. White latinos want to use black Americans to catapult themselves into white America. Like Jennifer Lopez, she used P.Diddy to boost her career then she dumped him and got with a white guy.

          I don't know any other minority that tries latching on to us more than Puerto Ricans. I guess Puerto Ricans possibly helped with the creation of Hip Hop but so what? Blacks helped with the creation of lots of Latin music but you don't see them all over Univision and Telemundo. I was watching BET the other day and I saw N.O.R.E.'s new video, it was full of whities. It looked like someone put Ricky Martin and Paola Rey in a xerox machine. It made me sick, I wanted to smash the t.v. You're people are not in a give and take relationship with us, you just take, take, take. And to be honest, if all non-black latinos disappeared from the face of the earth it wouldn't bother me. They've socially, economically, and mentally damaged my people. Not with hate but with neglect. And neglect is the worst type of racism. There's nothing you can do, nothing you can say, nothing you can post, that will make me change my mind. You can talk about the KKK all you want but atleast they're honest racists.

          'Indifference and neglect often cause more damage than outright dislike'-Richard Harris







          Comment


          • #6
            Suki has been patient with you!

            [QUOTE]Originally posted by Da_Realest

            You're the one who wants to keep going back and fourth with me. You can't just give it a rest, you have to keep arguing with me....

            'No human culture is static. And not changing. That is impossible. All of us as human cultures change and adapt. Does that mean that there are no elites or priveleged groups in human societies?......

            Lots of cultures don't change. Their govenments stay the same, their customs stay the same, their prejudices stay the same. Things change around them though. More technology, new music, new attire and so fourth.....

            I don't know any other minority that tries latching on to us more than Puerto Ricans. I guess Puerto Ricans possibly helped with the creation of Hip Hop but so what? Blacks helped with the creation of lots of Latin music but you don't see them all over Univision and Telemundo
            _____________________________________________________________
            OK, dude....so you hate Puerto Ricans, but..... what does Univision and Telemundo have to do with the
            price of Tea in China????? They are gringo corporations!
            _____________________________________________________________

            There's nothing you can do, nothing you can say, nothing you can post, that will make me change my mind. You can talk about the KKK all you want but atleast they're honest racists.

            'Indifference and neglect often cause more damage than outright dislike'-Richard Harris
            _____________________________________________________________



            Re: Your comments above and as follows:
            ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________
            'No human culture is static. And not changing. That is impossible. All of us as human cultures change and adapt. Does that mean that there are no elites or priveleged groups in human societies? No. The vast majority of modern Capitalistic and Socialistic societies still have elites and priveleged groups in their societies. I think you need to study cultural anthropology and sociology. If you did you wouldn't be making so many mistakes in social analysis.'

            now any other minority that tries latching on to us more than Puerto Ricans. I guess Puerto Ricans possibly helped with the creation of Hip Hop but so what? Blacks helped with the creation of lots of Latin music but you don't see them all over Univision and Telemundo. I was watching BET the other day and I saw N.O.R.E.'s new video, it was full of whities. It looked like someone put Ricky Martin and Paola Rey in a xerox machine. It made me sick, I wanted to smash the t.v. You're people are not in a give and take relationship with us, you just take, take, take. And to be honest, if all non-black latinos disappeared from the face of the earth it wouldn't bother me. They've socially, economically, and mentally damaged my people. Not with hate but with neglect. And neglect is the worst type of racism. There's nothing you can do, nothing you can say, nothing you can post, that will make me change my mind.
            _____________________________________________________________
            You say:
            "You can talk about the KKK all you want but atleast they're honest racists."

            I say:
            You are right, they are honest racists, the only problem dude, is you don't wanna see them in the
            middle of the night burning a cross in your front yard.
            Other than that, dude, they are real nice people! I know, I
            gotta deal with them everyday! And so do a lot of other
            people from the NAACP that work with me!
            _______________________________________________________________________
            So.....
            Ok, Boy, you got problems. I be sitting here readding yus post, and I be gettin' pi$$ed! Yous sure like to upset us folk, don't you? yous got a real problem, boy! You is mighty sassy! I should let you loose on some of my friends, they good teachers, mighty fine black teacher at that! But let me see what I can do, now, listen and listen good, boy!

            Now let us deal with your concerns:

            "First, lots of cultures don't change."

            Well, maybe so. After all I live in the deep south! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; but most racial, cultural groups or National Origin minorities in the US go through hoops, and in the case of the US they often come back to the same place, so you gotta keep trying...when it comes to blacks we know what does on: discriminated, exploited and neglected. Take for example Plessy. Now we went through a lot to get Brown vs. the Board, (1954) The Civil Rights Act of 1964; Lau vs. Nichols (1974), and guess what, we are right back to Plessy. In the deep south, we are back to Plessy.

            Now what does that mean? Should we be greatful for Plessy? Have we reached separate but equal? Do you think Black Americans should just give up on Civil and Human Rights and Accept the White (WASP) model and be greatful for the crumbs off the table of the repukes and dems? Now, you do agree blacks should go to court when they feel discriminated right or cheated out of an equal education right? And you agree National Origin Minorities and Women should go to court also, right?

            I mean, as in Federal Court Cases:

            Plessy v. Ferguson (1896)
            Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka (1954)
            Lau vs. Nichols (1974)
            Mississippi Univ. for Women v. Hogan (1982)
            United States v. Virginia (1996)

            Questions
            1. Was it the intention of the framers and ratifiers of the Fourteenth Amendment to end racial segregation in public facilities?
            2. Why do you think states such as Louisiana adopted the "one drop rule," classifying persons with as little as one-eighth African-American ancestry as black?
            3. Why do you think many of the early challenges to segregated education were directed against segregation in law schools and other graduate programs?
            4. Did Brown specifically overrule Plessy?
            5. Given the basis for the Brown decision, what made segregation of other types of public facilities, such as beaches or golf clubs, unconstituional?
            6. Should the Court have ordered the immediate integration of public schools in 1954, rather than requiring integration "with all deliberate speed."? (There turned out to be a lot more deliberation than speed).
            7. What does Mississippi University suggest about the constitutionality of a female-only engineering school or a male-only nursing school?
            8. Does the test used by the Court in the VMI case come closer to intermediate scrutiny or strict scrutiny?
            9. Could Virginia have created a female-only military school that would have satisfied the Court's demand for gender equality?
            10. Should gender separateness ever be tolerated in public education? What, if any, benefit might gender-specific programs have?
            ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________

            NOW, I know that you don't mean what you said about not caring for nonBlack Latinos, the problem is, boy. We in Puerto Rico are all black, when we adopt the criteria in the US, one drop of Black blood makes you Black. So here is one Puerto Rican, that I am sure you would, and many of us would, miss very badly, if he had not existed: (Remember by
            US Criteria we are all Black in Puerto Rico).

            Arturo Alfonso Schomberg, was born in Santurce in January 24, 1874. Historian and bibliographer. He joined the movement for Puerto Rican independence in Cuba and New York. A student of José Julián Acosta, he searched for and collected manuscripts related to the history of black men and women in Puerto Rico, the Antilles and the United States. His library became the internationally renowned Schomberg Center for Research in Black Culture, in Harlem. He died in New York on June 10, 1938.

            Now about Suki: It seems to me she is being quite patient with you:

            "Da Realest, if you think I am frustrated with you, you are invalid in that. You don't post enough for me to be 'frustrated' with you. What I do notice is that you are MONOTHEMATIC. You are interested in one theme only. Racism and wanting to be white brown nosing Puerto Ricans. I aint one of them. So what is your point? Again. Get with the points. Why don't you ask "El Jibaro" (who is an Afro Puerto Rican) why he is such a brown noser? Lol. And change the theme? Lol. You already told me Da Realest you are an African American and not Puerto Rican. You come to a Puerto Rican board to post themes or talk about themes in which you always wind up saying that Puerto Ricans are worse racists than white people. You cite Chicano gangs in LA as example of Latino intolerance to AA's. I find that ludicrous. You talk about univision soap operas as evidence of Latin American discrimination. I hate soaps. And said so. And also waneko pointed out to you that NBC owned some of those Spanish language channels and that USA wall street signs the checks of those racist producers of soaps on tv paychecks. I mean Da Realest. Start getting to the core of what you truly feel. Don't avoid. Just get it out and over with. And change the theme. It is boring to talk to death about the same theme no matter how much it might interest you.


            And since you don't get the point, since you say you don't READ the post that Suki writes, here ARE SOME THAT U SHOULD LOOK AT, since I think they are worth LOOKING AT posted on this forum

            ------------------------------------------------------------

            quote:Originally posted by Joshue
            YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SUKI YOU ARE RACIST

            WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE





            WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL THE FACE OF THE MEDIA IS BLACK.







            WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL TOP POLITITIANS ARE BLACK.




            find fifo in the picture. he is outhere.

            WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THERE IS NO POOR BLACKS.

            Do I really need to put the pictures?


            WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE TOP 4% OF BILLIONARES ARE BLACK.


            Do I really need to put the pictures of this ones too?


            WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE INTENTION OF SYSTEMATIC OPRESSION ON BLACK IS JUST A THING OF THE PAST.




            http://www.adl.org/learn/felton/default.asp

            If you don't want to learn about Puerto Rican history then say so now. But I will tell you the first sign of respect is to study others histories.



            PLEASE, WE DO NOT WANT TO BE LIKE THE MAINLAND!!!!!!!

            WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE BLACKMEN AVERAGE OPORTUNITIES ARE ABUNDANT??????

            ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________

            Now, do you get it dude, do you get it?

            Viva el NAACP, Viva Puerto Rico Libre, Viva Native America, Viva La Raza!!!!!!

            Happy Dia de la Raza Humana, Dude, do you get it?

            Yautia




            Comment


            • #7
              Da_Realest Unmasked

              First of all Da Realest, watch your mouth! You're not a Puertorriqueno, and only a guest on this forum, not an organic part of the Puerto Rican People.

              Second you prove that you are PATHETIC IN SAYING THE FOLLOWING:

              "You can talk about the KKK all you want but atleast they're honest racists."

              So now you are on the side of the 'whites' even if they are members of the KKK, and have been foremost in lynching blacks, men and women, and blowing up their children in their churches, etc.. So you aren't also against the white Latinos; you imply that they are smart in using the afro Latinos to farther their efforts as whites to get ahead in anglo saxon white America. YOU ARE UNDONE BY WHAT YOU HAVE SAID. What is it but the most crass and despicable subterfuge of all the many posts you have thrown on this forum.

              How far you have come in HATE to join with the forces of the KKK, eh!. You are no longer the pitiable guy who said "don't judge me until you have walked in my shoes". Hell! we don't have to walk in your shoes and I never will, since you now admit you walk with the KKK and the other whites that you are aiding in getting ahead in the U.S. of A.

              You have lost everything in the long argumentation that you've had mostly with La Suki. And I agree without peradventure of a doubt that you are PATHETIC!

              Go some where else, to hell in fact, if you want to lick the boots of the KKK. You're totally unmasked for the phoney-baloney that you are!
              E.1: TWO STEPS FORWARD, ONE STEP BACK - V.I. Lenin

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Suki has been patient with you!

                [QUOTE]Originally posted by YAUTIAPR
                Originally posted by Da_Realest

                You're the one who wants to keep going back and fourth with me. You can't just give it a rest, you have to keep arguing with me....

                'No human culture is static. And not changing. That is impossible. All of us as human cultures change and adapt. Does that mean that there are no elites or priveleged groups in human societies?......

                Lots of cultures don't change. Their govenments stay the same, their customs stay the same, their prejudices stay the same. Things change around them though. More technology, new music, new attire and so fourth.....

                I don't know any other minority that tries latching on to us more than Puerto Ricans. I guess Puerto Ricans possibly helped with the creation of Hip Hop but so what? Blacks helped with the creation of lots of Latin music but you don't see them all over Univision and Telemundo
                _____________________________________________________________
                OK, dude....so you hate Puerto Ricans, but..... what does Univision and Telemundo have to do with the
                price of Tea in China????? They are gringo corporations!
                _____________________________________________________________

                There's nothing you can do, nothing you can say, nothing you can post, that will make me change my mind. You can talk about the KKK all you want but atleast they're honest racists.

                'Indifference and neglect often cause more damage than outright dislike'-Richard Harris
                _____________________________________________________________



                You say:
                "You can talk about the KKK all you want but atleast they're honest racists."

                I say:
                You are right, they are honest racists, the only problem dude, is you don't wanna see them in the
                middle of the night burning a cross in your front yard.
                Other than that, dude, they are real nice people! I know, I
                gotta deal with them everyday! And so do a lot of other
                people from the NAACP that work with me!

                I'm not saying that Klan members are nice loving people, I'm saying that hate is easier to deal with then neglect.
                _______________________________________________________________________
                Now let us deal with your concerns:

                "First, lots of cultures don't change."

                Well, maybe so. After all I live in the deep south! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; but most racial, cultural groups or National Origin minorities in the US go through hoops, and in the case of the US they often come back to the same place, so you gotta keep trying...when it comes to blacks we know what does on: discriminated, exploited and neglected. Take for example Plessy. Now we went through a lot to get Brown vs. the Board, (1954) The Civil Rights Act of 1964; Lau vs. Nichols (1974), and guess what, we are right back to Plessy. In the deep south, we are back to Plessy.

                Now what does that mean? Should we be greatful for Plessy? Have we reached separate but equal? Do you think Black Americans should just give up on Civil and Human Rights and Accept the White (WASP) model and be greatful for the crumbs off the table of the repukes and dems? Now, you do agree blacks should go to court when they feel discriminated right or cheated out of an equal education right? And you agree National Origin Minorities and Women should go to court also, right?

                I have facts, you have nothing. You can point out the bad points of the U.S. I can point out the good points of the U.S. But when are you going to point out one reason why Puerto Rico is better for blacks?

                I have facts

                1.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
                In mostly White districts:

                A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

                B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

                C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

                D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

                E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

                F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

                G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

                H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.



                Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population


                In New York State where there are a lot more White people than Blacks who reside mostly in the city, a Black man, Carl McCall, was elected State Controller in the 1994 election over the much more well known Herb London.

                Whites were at the for-front of the abolitionist and civil rights movement and did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war.

                George Blaney, the white basketball coach at Seton Hall University, wanted a Black ball player from Manhattan, Richie Parker, to play for Seton hall, even though he was an convicted sex offender. Blaney told the "Record of Hackensack:"
                "We don't think it changes anything, we still think he's a good kid and he's somebody we want!"

                Reporter Mike Wallace attended the "peace rally" between Louis Farakahn And Cabala Shabaze, the daughter of Malcome X, at the Apollo Theater on May 6, 1995, and donated a thousand dollars to the defense fund for Cabala Shabaze.

                When five Greenwich high school students wrote racist remarks in their 1995 year books, they were punished severely and received maximum cooperation of everyone in Greenwich, the Board of Education, the city, their parents and their lawyers, to take part in a sensitivity program set up by Roy Innis. However, four Hispanic students from Norman Thomas high school in Manhattan, who sent an anti-Semitic note to their Jewish teacher were still being treated with kid gloves, according to an article written by Ray Kerrison, New York Post, Friday, June 30, 1995. Roy Innis said he received "Absolutely no cooperation from anyone in New York City. Why is there resistance to this innovative program in Manhattan but not in Greenwich? Because we're dealing with minority offenders in Manhattan. When Whites do these things, it's racism, when Blacks and Latinos do it, it is not. They don't want to admit it, hoping it will disappear, while they point the finger at offending Whites."

                A poll taken in September of 1995 showed that 73% of Whites would support Colon Powell if he ran for president compared to only 17% of Blacks who look upon Colon Powell as being White. This proves that it is not color that matters to White people, but the potential candidates politics!


                In his book "Visible man, a true story of post racist America," George Gilder wrote: "Far from being hostile to Black achievement, American Whites celebrate Blacks at every opportunity. In the truest test governed by massive voluntary choices in the market place, Americans have made the National Basketball Association, eighty percent black, the most popular sports league, Whitney Houston, the most popular and richest American singer, Bill Cosby, the most popular and richest comedian, Oprah Winfrey, the most prosperous entertainer

                Over the Christmas weekend of 1995, "Waiting to Exhale," a movie with an all Black cast was number one at the box office. With blacks being only twelve percent of the population, this could not have happened unless millions of white people went to see this movie with an all Black cast!


                When trouble maker Al Sharpton marched on Long Island to protest the beating of Shane Daniels, there were more White people marching in protest with Sharpton than Blacks!

                July 1996, after complaining that it was racist because her congressional District in Atlanta Georgia was nullified due to re-mapping of her district based on racial makeup, Black congresswoman McKenny won her primary for re-election in a new district which had only a 30% Black population. She won 67% of the vote.

                It was a White professor in Chicago, David Protess and two of his White students who spent years tracking down D&A evidence that freed four innocent Black men in July 1996 who had spent eighteen years in prison for a rape which they did not commit. Where was the so called "Black community" to help these four men? They're always screaming about "Justice," but it took White people to really do something about it! Some white racism, hey?

                The entire 1997 baseball season was devoted to the memory of Jackie Robinson, and his number forty-two, was the only uniform number retired from all of baseball .

                White America" is so racist, that Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were inducted into the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. as American Icons

                When Malcolm X's wife died from burns inflicted on her by her own grandson, there seemed to be just as many or more White people who praised her than Blacks! This was a woman who associated with radical blacks her whole life who hate white people and America. Also, the American and N.Y. State Flags were ordered to be flown at half mast by our White governor for this woman who belonged to a group which refused to even pledge allegiance to that Flag!!

                Facts people, these are all facts, not continuous codswallop about cultural unity.




                ------------------------------------------------------------

                quote:Originally posted by Joshue
                YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SUKI YOU ARE RACIST

                WE MUST DO BRUCE LEE

                I don't think Bruce Lee should be made fun of. He broke racial barriers. Chinese culture is rigid, but Bruce Lee wanted to share the culture. He wanted to teach people of all colors the martial arts. Other martial artists were not happy with this and so they threatened him. They said if he kept teaching non-Chinese people then he would have to answer to them. But he kept teaching and he fought for what he believed in, LITERALLY. That's why that picture that Joshue posted has a black guy in it. That was Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Bruce Lee used to put his students in his movies. He also has a movie where Chuck Norris was the bad guy and he beat him up so I don't see why Joshue tried to make it seem as if Bruce Lee only beat up black people. He also has a movie where him, a black guy, and a white guy fight side by side. He paved the way for lots of black, white, and asian martial artists so stop MOCKING HIM. He is a man who should be admired not ridiculed.





                WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL THE FACE OF THE MEDIA IS BLACK.]


                I have facts

                1.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
                In mostly White districts:

                A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

                B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

                C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

                D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

                E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

                F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

                G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

                H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.



                Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population


                In New York State where there are a lot more White people than Blacks who reside mostly in the city, a Black man, Carl McCall, was elected State Controller in the 1994 election over the much more well known Herb London.

                Whites were at the for-front of the abolitionist and civil rights movement and did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war.

                George Blaney, the white basketball coach at Seton Hall University, wanted a Black ball player from Manhattan, Richie Parker, to play for Seton hall, even though he was an convicted sex offender. Blaney told the "Record of Hackensack:"
                "We don't think it changes anything, we still think he's a good kid and he's somebody we want!"

                Reporter Mike Wallace attended the "peace rally" between Louis Farakahn And Cabala Shabaze, the daughter of Malcome X, at the Apollo Theater on May 6, 1995, and donated a thousand dollars to the defense fund for Cabala Shabaze.

                When five Greenwich high school students wrote racist remarks in their 1995 year books, they were punished severely and received maximum cooperation of everyone in Greenwich, the Board of Education, the city, their parents and their lawyers, to take part in a sensitivity program set up by Roy Innis. However, four Hispanic students from Norman Thomas high school in Manhattan, who sent an anti-Semitic note to their Jewish teacher were still being treated with kid gloves, according to an article written by Ray Kerrison, New York Post, Friday, June 30, 1995. Roy Innis said he received "Absolutely no cooperation from anyone in New York City. Why is there resistance to this innovative program in Manhattan but not in Greenwich? Because we're dealing with minority offenders in Manhattan. When Whites do these things, it's racism, when Blacks and Latinos do it, it is not. They don't want to admit it, hoping it will disappear, while they point the finger at offending Whites."

                A poll taken in September of 1995 showed that 73% of Whites would support Colon Powell if he ran for president compared to only 17% of Blacks who look upon Colon Powell as being White. This proves that it is not color that matters to White people, but the potential candidates politics!


                In his book "Visible man, a true story of post racist America," George Gilder wrote: "Far from being hostile to Black achievement, American Whites celebrate Blacks at every opportunity. In the truest test governed by massive voluntary choices in the market place, Americans have made the National Basketball Association, eighty percent black, the most popular sports league, Whitney Houston, the most popular and richest American singer, Bill Cosby, the most popular and richest comedian, Oprah Winfrey, the most prosperous entertainer

                Over the Christmas weekend of 1995, "Waiting to Exhale," a movie with an all Black cast was number one at the box office. With blacks being only twelve percent of the population, this could not have happened unless millions of white people went to see this movie with an all Black cast!


                When trouble maker Al Sharpton marched on Long Island to protest the beating of Shane Daniels, there were more White people marching in protest with Sharpton than Blacks!

                July 1996, after complaining that it was racist because her congressional District in Atlanta Georgia was nullified due to re-mapping of her district based on racial makeup, Black congresswoman McKenny won her primary for re-election in a new district which had only a 30% Black population. She won 67% of the vote.

                It was a White professor in Chicago, David Protess and two of his White students who spent years tracking down D&A evidence that freed four innocent Black men in July 1996 who had spent eighteen years in prison for a rape which they did not commit. Where was the so called "Black community" to help these four men? They're always screaming about "Justice," but it took White people to really do something about it! Some white racism, hey?

                The entire 1997 baseball season was devoted to the memory of Jackie Robinson, and his number forty-two, was the only uniform number retired from all of baseball .

                White America" is so racist, that Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were inducted into the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. as American Icons

                When Malcolm X's wife died from burns inflicted on her by her own grandson, there seemed to be just as many or more White people who praised her than Blacks! This was a woman who associated with radical blacks her whole life who hate white people and America. Also, the American and N.Y. State Flags were ordered to be flown at half mast by our White governor for this woman who belonged to a group which refused to even pledge allegiance to that Flag!!

                Facts people, these are all facts, not continuous codswallop about cultural unity.









                WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE ALL TOP POLITITIANS ARE BLACK.

                I have facts.

                1.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
                In mostly White districts:

                A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

                B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

                C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

                D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

                E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

                F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

                G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

                H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.



                Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population


                In New York State where there are a lot more White people than Blacks who reside mostly in the city, a Black man, Carl McCall, was elected State Controller in the 1994 election over the much more well known Herb London.

                Whites were at the for-front of the abolitionist and civil rights movement and did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war.

                George Blaney, the white basketball coach at Seton Hall University, wanted a Black ball player from Manhattan, Richie Parker, to play for Seton hall, even though he was an convicted sex offender. Blaney told the "Record of Hackensack:"
                "We don't think it changes anything, we still think he's a good kid and he's somebody we want!"

                Reporter Mike Wallace attended the "peace rally" between Louis Farakahn And Cabala Shabaze, the daughter of Malcome X, at the Apollo Theater on May 6, 1995, and donated a thousand dollars to the defense fund for Cabala Shabaze.

                When five Greenwich high school students wrote racist remarks in their 1995 year books, they were punished severely and received maximum cooperation of everyone in Greenwich, the Board of Education, the city, their parents and their lawyers, to take part in a sensitivity program set up by Roy Innis. However, four Hispanic students from Norman Thomas high school in Manhattan, who sent an anti-Semitic note to their Jewish teacher were still being treated with kid gloves, according to an article written by Ray Kerrison, New York Post, Friday, June 30, 1995. Roy Innis said he received "Absolutely no cooperation from anyone in New York City. Why is there resistance to this innovative program in Manhattan but not in Greenwich? Because we're dealing with minority offenders in Manhattan. When Whites do these things, it's racism, when Blacks and Latinos do it, it is not. They don't want to admit it, hoping it will disappear, while they point the finger at offending Whites."

                A poll taken in September of 1995 showed that 73% of Whites would support Colon Powell if he ran for president compared to only 17% of Blacks who look upon Colon Powell as being White. This proves that it is not color that matters to White people, but the potential candidates politics!


                In his book "Visible man, a true story of post racist America," George Gilder wrote: "Far from being hostile to Black achievement, American Whites celebrate Blacks at every opportunity. In the truest test governed by massive voluntary choices in the market place, Americans have made the National Basketball Association, eighty percent black, the most popular sports league, Whitney Houston, the most popular and richest American singer, Bill Cosby, the most popular and richest comedian, Oprah Winfrey, the most prosperous entertainer

                Over the Christmas weekend of 1995, "Waiting to Exhale," a movie with an all Black cast was number one at the box office. With blacks being only twelve percent of the population, this could not have happened unless millions of white people went to see this movie with an all Black cast!


                When trouble maker Al Sharpton marched on Long Island to protest the beating of Shane Daniels, there were more White people marching in protest with Sharpton than Blacks!

                July 1996, after complaining that it was racist because her congressional District in Atlanta Georgia was nullified due to re-mapping of her district based on racial makeup, Black congresswoman McKenny won her primary for re-election in a new district which had only a 30% Black population. She won 67% of the vote.

                It was a White professor in Chicago, David Protess and two of his White students who spent years tracking down D&A evidence that freed four innocent Black men in July 1996 who had spent eighteen years in prison for a rape which they did not commit. Where was the so called "Black community" to help these four men? They're always screaming about "Justice," but it took White people to really do something about it! Some white racism, hey?

                The entire 1997 baseball season was devoted to the memory of Jackie Robinson, and his number forty-two, was the only uniform number retired from all of baseball .

                White America" is so racist, that Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were inducted into the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. as American Icons

                When Malcolm X's wife died from burns inflicted on her by her own grandson, there seemed to be just as many or more White people who praised her than Blacks! This was a woman who associated with radical blacks her whole life who hate white people and America. Also, the American and N.Y. State Flags were ordered to be flown at half mast by our White governor for this woman who belonged to a group which refused to even pledge allegiance to that Flag!!

                Facts people, these are all facts, not continuous codswallop about cultural unity.





                find fifo in the picture. he is outhere.

                WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THERE IS NO POOR BLACKS.

                I'm not saying that there are no poor blacks in the U.S. I never said that, I'm just saying, my facts compared to yours...You keep pointing out the negative things about the U.S. but at the same time you have no solid facts that confirm the progress of race relations in Puerto Rico.

                1.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
                In mostly White districts:

                A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

                B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

                C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

                D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

                E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

                F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

                G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

                H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.



                Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population


                In New York State where there are a lot more White people than Blacks who reside mostly in the city, a Black man, Carl McCall, was elected State Controller in the 1994 election over the much more well known Herb London.

                Whites were at the for-front of the abolitionist and civil rights movement and did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war.

                George Blaney, the white basketball coach at Seton Hall University, wanted a Black ball player from Manhattan, Richie Parker, to play for Seton hall, even though he was an convicted sex offender. Blaney told the "Record of Hackensack:"
                "We don't think it changes anything, we still think he's a good kid and he's somebody we want!"

                Reporter Mike Wallace attended the "peace rally" between Louis Farakahn And Cabala Shabaze, the daughter of Malcome X, at the Apollo Theater on May 6, 1995, and donated a thousand dollars to the defense fund for Cabala Shabaze.

                When five Greenwich high school students wrote racist remarks in their 1995 year books, they were punished severely and received maximum cooperation of everyone in Greenwich, the Board of Education, the city, their parents and their lawyers, to take part in a sensitivity program set up by Roy Innis. However, four Hispanic students from Norman Thomas high school in Manhattan, who sent an anti-Semitic note to their Jewish teacher were still being treated with kid gloves, according to an article written by Ray Kerrison, New York Post, Friday, June 30, 1995. Roy Innis said he received "Absolutely no cooperation from anyone in New York City. Why is there resistance to this innovative program in Manhattan but not in Greenwich? Because we're dealing with minority offenders in Manhattan. When Whites do these things, it's racism, when Blacks and Latinos do it, it is not. They don't want to admit it, hoping it will disappear, while they point the finger at offending Whites."

                A poll taken in September of 1995 showed that 73% of Whites would support Colon Powell if he ran for president compared to only 17% of Blacks who look upon Colon Powell as being White. This proves that it is not color that matters to White people, but the potential candidates politics!


                In his book "Visible man, a true story of post racist America," George Gilder wrote: "Far from being hostile to Black achievement, American Whites celebrate Blacks at every opportunity. In the truest test governed by massive voluntary choices in the market place, Americans have made the National Basketball Association, eighty percent black, the most popular sports league, Whitney Houston, the most popular and richest American singer, Bill Cosby, the most popular and richest comedian, Oprah Winfrey, the most prosperous entertainer

                Over the Christmas weekend of 1995, "Waiting to Exhale," a movie with an all Black cast was number one at the box office. With blacks being only twelve percent of the population, this could not have happened unless millions of white people went to see this movie with an all Black cast!


                When trouble maker Al Sharpton marched on Long Island to protest the beating of Shane Daniels, there were more White people marching in protest with Sharpton than Blacks!

                July 1996, after complaining that it was racist because her congressional District in Atlanta Georgia was nullified due to re-mapping of her district based on racial makeup, Black congresswoman McKenny won her primary for re-election in a new district which had only a 30% Black population. She won 67% of the vote.

                It was a White professor in Chicago, David Protess and two of his White students who spent years tracking down D&A evidence that freed four innocent Black men in July 1996 who had spent eighteen years in prison for a rape which they did not commit. Where was the so called "Black community" to help these four men? They're always screaming about "Justice," but it took White people to really do something about it! Some white racism, hey?

                The entire 1997 baseball season was devoted to the memory of Jackie Robinson, and his number forty-two, was the only uniform number retired from all of baseball .

                White America" is so racist, that Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were inducted into the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. as American Icons

                When Malcolm X's wife died from burns inflicted on her by her own grandson, there seemed to be just as many or more White people who praised her than Blacks! This was a woman who associated with radical blacks her whole life who hate white people and America. Also, the American and N.Y. State Flags were ordered to be flown at half mast by our White governor for this woman who belonged to a group which refused to even pledge allegiance to that Flag!!

                Facts people, these are all facts, not continuous codswallop about cultural unity.



                Do I really need to put the pictures?


                WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE TOP 4% OF BILLIONARES ARE BLACK.

                Well black Americans are closer to closing the financial and racial gap between themselves and their opressors than any other black society.

                1.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
                In mostly White districts:

                A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

                B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

                C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

                D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

                E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

                F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

                G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

                H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.



                Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population


                In New York State where there are a lot more White people than Blacks who reside mostly in the city, a Black man, Carl McCall, was elected State Controller in the 1994 election over the much more well known Herb London.

                Whites were at the for-front of the abolitionist and civil rights movement and did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war.

                George Blaney, the white basketball coach at Seton Hall University, wanted a Black ball player from Manhattan, Richie Parker, to play for Seton hall, even though he was an convicted sex offender. Blaney told the "Record of Hackensack:"
                "We don't think it changes anything, we still think he's a good kid and he's somebody we want!"

                Reporter Mike Wallace attended the "peace rally" between Louis Farakahn And Cabala Shabaze, the daughter of Malcome X, at the Apollo Theater on May 6, 1995, and donated a thousand dollars to the defense fund for Cabala Shabaze.

                When five Greenwich high school students wrote racist remarks in their 1995 year books, they were punished severely and received maximum cooperation of everyone in Greenwich, the Board of Education, the city, their parents and their lawyers, to take part in a sensitivity program set up by Roy Innis. However, four Hispanic students from Norman Thomas high school in Manhattan, who sent an anti-Semitic note to their Jewish teacher were still being treated with kid gloves, according to an article written by Ray Kerrison, New York Post, Friday, June 30, 1995. Roy Innis said he received "Absolutely no cooperation from anyone in New York City. Why is there resistance to this innovative program in Manhattan but not in Greenwich? Because we're dealing with minority offenders in Manhattan. When Whites do these things, it's racism, when Blacks and Latinos do it, it is not. They don't want to admit it, hoping it will disappear, while they point the finger at offending Whites."

                A poll taken in September of 1995 showed that 73% of Whites would support Colon Powell if he ran for president compared to only 17% of Blacks who look upon Colon Powell as being White. This proves that it is not color that matters to White people, but the potential candidates politics!


                In his book "Visible man, a true story of post racist America," George Gilder wrote: "Far from being hostile to Black achievement, American Whites celebrate Blacks at every opportunity. In the truest test governed by massive voluntary choices in the market place, Americans have made the National Basketball Association, eighty percent black, the most popular sports league, Whitney Houston, the most popular and richest American singer, Bill Cosby, the most popular and richest comedian, Oprah Winfrey, the most prosperous entertainer

                Over the Christmas weekend of 1995, "Waiting to Exhale," a movie with an all Black cast was number one at the box office. With blacks being only twelve percent of the population, this could not have happened unless millions of white people went to see this movie with an all Black cast!


                When trouble maker Al Sharpton marched on Long Island to protest the beating of Shane Daniels, there were more White people marching in protest with Sharpton than Blacks!

                July 1996, after complaining that it was racist because her congressional District in Atlanta Georgia was nullified due to re-mapping of her district based on racial makeup, Black congresswoman McKenny won her primary for re-election in a new district which had only a 30% Black population. She won 67% of the vote.

                It was a White professor in Chicago, David Protess and two of his White students who spent years tracking down D&A evidence that freed four innocent Black men in July 1996 who had spent eighteen years in prison for a rape which they did not commit. Where was the so called "Black community" to help these four men? They're always screaming about "Justice," but it took White people to really do something about it! Some white racism, hey?

                The entire 1997 baseball season was devoted to the memory of Jackie Robinson, and his number forty-two, was the only uniform number retired from all of baseball .

                White America" is so racist, that Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were inducted into the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. as American Icons

                When Malcolm X's wife died from burns inflicted on her by her own grandson, there seemed to be just as many or more White people who praised her than Blacks! This was a woman who associated with radical blacks her whole life who hate white people and America. Also, the American and N.Y. State Flags were ordered to be flown at half mast by our White governor for this woman who belonged to a group which refused to even pledge allegiance to that Flag!!

                Facts people, these are all facts, not continuous codswallop about cultural unity.



                Do I really need to put the pictures of this ones too?

                I would put up some pictures of Rafael Trujillo murdering blacks but those are probably impossible to find and I wouldn't want to see them anyway. Or I could post some pictures of Latin gangs killing blacks in the U.S. but I don't want to see that either.


                WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE INTENTION OF SYSTEMATIC OPRESSION ON BLACK IS JUST A THING OF THE PAST.




                http://www.adl.org/learn/felton/default.asp

                If you don't want to learn about Puerto Rican history then say so now. But I will tell you the first sign of respect is to study others histories.



                PLEASE, WE DO NOT WANT TO BE LIKE THE MAINLAND!!!!!!!

                WE MUST BE LIKE THE MAINLAND, WHERE THE BLACKMEN AVERAGE OPORTUNITIES ARE ABUNDANT??????

                Facts

                1.The following Blacks were elected to public office throughout this country
                In mostly White districts:

                A. Congressman Gary Frank was elected in the fifth district in Connecticut where only ten per-cent of the voters were Black.

                B. Carol Mosely Brown of Illinois.

                C. J.C. Watts was elected to congress in Oklahoma City in a district which was ninety percent white .

                D. In Colorado, Vikki Buckley was elected secretary of state with 60% of the White vote .

                E. In Ohio, Ken Blackwell was elected State Treasurer.

                F. In Jesse Helm's conservative N. Carolina, two black republicans, Larry Linney of Asheville and Henry McCoy of Raleigh, were elected to the states Appropriation committee.

                G. In the 1996 elections in Indianapolis, Black congressman Julian Carson was elected in a district where the population was 69% White.

                H. Cynthia Mckinny, elected in Georgia after predicting she would lose, when her district was redrawn to its correct boundaries, which happened to include a majority of White voters. So with White people, it isn't color that matters.



                Far from showing racism American employers, mostly White, have given Black women higher earnings on average, than comparable White women. Between 1973 and 1994 the current dollar revenues of the current top 100 Black owned industrial companies as listed by Black enterprise magazine rose from $473 million to $6.7 billion, plus, $4.9 billion in revenues from auto dealerships. Blacks in America have far outperformed Blacks in any other society with a substantial Black population


                In New York State where there are a lot more White people than Blacks who reside mostly in the city, a Black man, Carl McCall, was elected State Controller in the 1994 election over the much more well known Herb London.

                Whites were at the for-front of the abolitionist and civil rights movement and did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war.

                George Blaney, the white basketball coach at Seton Hall University, wanted a Black ball player from Manhattan, Richie Parker, to play for Seton hall, even though he was an convicted sex offender. Blaney told the "Record of Hackensack:"
                "We don't think it changes anything, we still think he's a good kid and he's somebody we want!"

                Reporter Mike Wallace attended the "peace rally" between Louis Farakahn And Cabala Shabaze, the daughter of Malcome X, at the Apollo Theater on May 6, 1995, and donated a thousand dollars to the defense fund for Cabala Shabaze.

                When five Greenwich high school students wrote racist remarks in their 1995 year books, they were punished severely and received maximum cooperation of everyone in Greenwich, the Board of Education, the city, their parents and their lawyers, to take part in a sensitivity program set up by Roy Innis. However, four Hispanic students from Norman Thomas high school in Manhattan, who sent an anti-Semitic note to their Jewish teacher were still being treated with kid gloves, according to an article written by Ray Kerrison, New York Post, Friday, June 30, 1995. Roy Innis said he received "Absolutely no cooperation from anyone in New York City. Why is there resistance to this innovative program in Manhattan but not in Greenwich? Because we're dealing with minority offenders in Manhattan. When Whites do these things, it's racism, when Blacks and Latinos do it, it is not. They don't want to admit it, hoping it will disappear, while they point the finger at offending Whites."

                A poll taken in September of 1995 showed that 73% of Whites would support Colon Powell if he ran for president compared to only 17% of Blacks who look upon Colon Powell as being White. This proves that it is not color that matters to White people, but the potential candidates politics!


                In his book "Visible man, a true story of post racist America," George Gilder wrote: "Far from being hostile to Black achievement, American Whites celebrate Blacks at every opportunity. In the truest test governed by massive voluntary choices in the market place, Americans have made the National Basketball Association, eighty percent black, the most popular sports league, Whitney Houston, the most popular and richest American singer, Bill Cosby, the most popular and richest comedian, Oprah Winfrey, the most prosperous entertainer

                Over the Christmas weekend of 1995, "Waiting to Exhale," a movie with an all Black cast was number one at the box office. With blacks being only twelve percent of the population, this could not have happened unless millions of white people went to see this movie with an all Black cast!


                When trouble maker Al Sharpton marched on Long Island to protest the beating of Shane Daniels, there were more White people marching in protest with Sharpton than Blacks!

                July 1996, after complaining that it was racist because her congressional District in Atlanta Georgia was nullified due to re-mapping of her district based on racial makeup, Black congresswoman McKenny won her primary for re-election in a new district which had only a 30% Black population. She won 67% of the vote.

                It was a White professor in Chicago, David Protess and two of his White students who spent years tracking down D&A evidence that freed four innocent Black men in July 1996 who had spent eighteen years in prison for a rape which they did not commit. Where was the so called "Black community" to help these four men? They're always screaming about "Justice," but it took White people to really do something about it! Some white racism, hey?

                The entire 1997 baseball season was devoted to the memory of Jackie Robinson, and his number forty-two, was the only uniform number retired from all of baseball .

                White America" is so racist, that Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were inducted into the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. as American Icons

                When Malcolm X's wife died from burns inflicted on her by her own grandson, there seemed to be just as many or more White people who praised her than Blacks! This was a woman who associated with radical blacks her whole life who hate white people and America. Also, the American and N.Y. State Flags were ordered to be flown at half mast by our White governor for this woman who belonged to a group which refused to even pledge allegiance to that Flag!!

                Facts people, these are all facts, not continuous codswallop about cultural unity.



                ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________

                Now, do you get it dude, do you get it?

                Viva el NAACP, Viva Puerto Rico Libre, Viva Native America, Viva La Raza!!!!!!

                Happy Dia de la Raza Humana, Dude, do you get it?

                Yautia

                I've never been one to put his faith in words. As a young boy I never believed in Santa Clause even when my grandparents kept telling me he was real. I never really believed anything because someone told me, there was just something grown up about me I guess. I've always had to have solid facts. I like some things that the bible has to say but I don't even believe in all of it. You need facts. You can tell me how accepting Puerto Rico is all you want but I still won't believe it because you tell me it is. You don't see lots of Afro Puerto Rican congressmen, you don't see them on the bench, you don't see them in the big law firms. I don't believe in commercials either. People advertise these beautiful beaches and women and all that stuff but they're not going to tell you the whole story.

                Some Say They Can't See Racism
                By Iván Román


                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


                January 27, 2002
                Copyright © 2002 Orlando Sentinel. All Rights Reserved.


                SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- Luis Raul Torres Cruz remembers the anger years ago, when his girlfriend's parents rejected him because he was black.

                Now a lawmaker in Puerto Rico, the anger over what he sees around him isn't quite so personal, but it comes from the same unfortunate root. He sees white people working in banks and department stores while in fast-food restaurants, black people tend to be the ones taking his order.

                With few exceptions, black people are nowhere to be found in the big law firms, the boards of directors in public and private corporations, government leaders or on the bench. The local civil-rights commission has determined that police officers, some of them black themselves, treat black youth and adults poorly, and the face of poverty on the island tends to have a darker hue.

                To stop all this, Torres Cruz says, you have to go to the top and use the government's power to start breaking down that prejudice. On the Rev. Martin Luther King's birthday, he presented a bill to create the Solicitor's Office to watch for the rights of the black people in Puerto Rico and take any court action against public or private entities that discriminate.

                "This isn't a simple problem, and it's a problem that authorities here don't want to acknowledge," Torres Cruz said. "It's time that we take affirmative action and stop just conducting studies."

                The concepts of affirmative action and racial quotas never existed here. With the help of anti-discrimination activists, Torres Cruz hopes to convince his fellow legislators that this is an issue that must be dealt with.

                But the public hearings on the bill are sure to highlight a much bigger obstacle: society's denial.

                To say there is discrimination, you have to look for ways to measure it. And how do you measure it and justify government money and action if the people don't see themselves as black or recognize discrimination?

                In the 2000 census, 81 percent of the island's 3,808,610 people identified themselves as white, 8 percent black, and 7 percent marked they were "some other race."

                For some, those numbers reflect a rejection of the United States' rigid racial categories that don't quite fit into a society that applauds its Spanish, African and indigenous racial and cultural mix. For others, it's a perpetuation of the centuries-old custom of hiding the physical African ancestry as a way to deny or ignore discrimination.

                "That denial makes it an uphill battle, because when we discuss how the government should help a population, we have to define what population we're talking about," said Palmira Rios, a researcher on race issues with the University of Puerto Rico. "We have to identify from our perspective how we define race and also how we discriminate."

                Activists and scholars here must start from that point of denial and the complex web of confused or suppressed attitudes on race common to Latin American countries. Fewer public figures insist there is no racism these days. Labor and Human Resources Secretary Victor Rivera Hernandez, who is black, says he was discriminated against in the past and insists there is racism in government, private companies and the media. Complaints about racial discrimination on the job have tripled since he took over the agency a year ago.

                But to create awareness, more action is needed. Unlike stunted bureaucracies that already exist, activists say a solicitor's office must have the budget and subpoena and investigative powers to really make a difference.

                "It's not doing something just to do something," Rios said, "but doing something to change things."


                Self-Determination Legislation | Puerto Rico Herald Home
                Newsstand | Puerto Rico | U.S. Government | Archives
                Search | Mailing List | Contact Us | Feedback






                Comment


                • #9
                  Luis Raul Torres Cruz

                  SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- Luis Raul Torres Cruz remembers the anger years ago, when his girlfriend's parents rejected him because he was black.

                  Now a lawmaker in Puerto Rico, the anger over what he sees around him isn't quite so personal, but it comes from the same unfortunate root. He sees white people working in banks and department stores while in fast-food restaurants, black people tend to be the ones taking his order.

                  With few exceptions, black people are nowhere to be found in the big law firms, the boards of directors in public and private corporations, government leaders or on the bench. The local civil-rights commission has determined that police officers, some of them black themselves, treat black youth and adults poorly, and the face of poverty on the island tends to have a darker hue.

                  To stop all this, Torres Cruz says, you have to go to the top and use the government's power to start breaking down that prejudice. On the Rev. Martin Luther King's birthday, he presented a bill to create the Solicitor's Office to watch for the rights of the black people in Puerto Rico and take any court action against public or private entities that discriminate.

                  "This isn't a simple problem, and it's a problem that authorities here don't want to acknowledge," Torres Cruz said. "It's time that we take affirmative action and stop just conducting studies."

                  The concepts of affirmative action and racial quotas never existed here. With the help of anti-discrimination activists, Torres Cruz hopes to convince his fellow legislators that this is an issue that must be dealt with.

                  But the public hearings on the bill are sure to highlight a much bigger obstacle: society's denial.

                  To say there is discrimination, you have to look for ways to measure it. And how do you measure it and justify government money and action if the people don't see themselves as black or recognize discrimination?

                  In the 2000 census, 81 percent of the island's 3,808,610 people identified themselves as white, 8 percent black, and 7 percent marked they were "some other race."

                  For some, those numbers reflect a rejection of the United States' rigid racial categories that don't quite fit into a society that applauds its Spanish, African and indigenous racial and cultural mix. For others, it's a perpetuation of the centuries-old custom of hiding the physical African ancestry as a way to deny or ignore discrimination.

                  "That denial makes it an uphill battle, because when we discuss how the government should help a population, we have to define what population we're talking about," said Palmira Rios, a researcher on race issues with the University of Puerto Rico. "We have to identify from our perspective how we define race and also how we discriminate."

                  Activists and scholars here must start from that point of denial and the complex web of confused or suppressed attitudes on race common to Latin American countries. Fewer public figures insist there is no racism these days. Labor and Human Resources Secretary Victor Rivera Hernandez, who is black, says he was discriminated against in the past and insists there is racism in government, private companies and the media. Complaints about racial discrimination on the job have tripled since he took over the agency a year ago.

                  But to create awareness, more action is needed. Unlike stunted bureaucracies that already exist, activists say a solicitor's office must have the budget and subpoena and investigative powers to really make a difference.

                  "It's not doing something just to do something," Rios said, "but doing something to change things."


                  Self-Determination Legislation | Puerto Rico Herald Home
                  Newsstand | Puerto Rico | U.S. Government | Archives
                  Search | Mailing List | Contact Us | Feedback


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jo Suki, I see you've become quite popular.

                    Whats with that? Seems like you might be aggravating some folks on this board.

                    I just wanted to say hi , and hope you'll stay cool. Not that you'll need to be reminded. Oh! and that I still
                    enjoy your perspectives, on this forum. Keep then coming.

                    Da Realest, Hows it man? I see you are still barking at these folks. I was wondering if you've gained any converts? You seem to be stuck on the same issues, not that they are not important. But I do feel it's up to the P.R's to settle their problems, with-out the preaching from the outside.

                    I know you mean well brother, but it's starting to get real old. perhaps you can take a different tack. That sometimes works for me.

                    "If you call someone a racist all the time, folks will just not answer the door".
                    Pro-Black, Pro-Diversity. " Live and let Live"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Corvo
                      Jo Suki, I see you've become quite popular.

                      Whats with that? Seems like you might be aggravating some folks on this board.

                      I just wanted to say hi , and hope you'll stay cool. Not that you'll need to be reminded. Oh! and that I still
                      enjoy your perspectives, on this forum. Keep then coming.

                      Da Realest, Hows it man? I see you are still barking at these folks. I was wondering if you've gained any converts? You seem to be stuck on the same issues, not that they are not important. But I do feel it's up to the P.R's to settle their problems, with-out the preaching from the outside.

                      I know you mean well brother, but it's starting to get real old. perhaps you can take a different tack. That sometimes works for me.

                      "If you call someone a racist all the time, folks will just not answer the door".
                      You're kind of right. My topic is old, but so is the situation, which means it needs to start changing. I took your advice a while ago and started to reach out and do something. I got in contact with Carlos Flores, an Afro-Puerto Rican sociologist from Chicago, I don't know if you've heard of him. But he's a really good guy. He points out that the same demands that non-black latinos make in the U.S. are the same ones that Afro-latinos demand in Latin America. Carlos Flores invited me to an Afro-Latino gathering but I couldn't make it so hopefully I will get to go next time.

                      'the eye is always caught by light, but shadows have more to say'-Gregory Maguire

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Corvo,
                        Thanks for your post. I always like talking to you about different topics.

                        Lorelei,
                        HI. I am so glad you popped in from your busy schedule. Talk to me again. See you soon my fine lady.

                        Jose Nestor,
                        Thank you. For popping in.

                        Now back to Corvo,

                        Da Realest is a man with an issue. He gets invited to an Afro-Latino meeting. He doesn't go. But he wants people who do go to AA organizations meetings to agree with his outrageous and false comments. Lol. He is acting not only disrespectfully but is not addressing issues with intelligence. Da Realest have you gone and LIVED in Puerto Rico for a long period of time? Do you speak fluent Spanish? Do you understand the culture? Yes or NO. Answer that. If you haven't done any of the above, according to any decent sociologist (and I hope Carlos Flores is one), you really don't know what the issues are. Why? Because you haven't done the leg work. And that is bad science and bad social science and sociology. If you understand sociology you should know that making conclusions based on no knowledge of a culture is erroneous. Now, we have REPEATEDLY told you racism exists in Puerto RIco. No one who is intelligent denies that. How to go about fixing the problem? Again. I think dealing with power relationship imbalances is critical. And so I am an independentista. To me capitalism is based on unequal power relationships and promotes class and race divisions. If you disagree and think it is equitable then go and do a thread on how capitalism is not racist. It is in my book. Because it always needs a lower class of workers that are exploitable. And what is racism and classism if not discriminatory? If you don't understand that....go study some social science and stop the stupidity. Period.

                        Because I just found my limit of tolerance for unfounded and no fact statements from a person with no social science background. And don't say you have social science background. Corvo does. You don't. It is obvious Da Realest.

                        Suki.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Suki
                          Corvo,
                          Thanks for your post. I always like talking to you about different topics.

                          Lorelei,
                          HI. I am so glad you popped in from your busy schedule. Talk to me again. See you soon my fine lady.

                          Jose Nestor,
                          Thank you. For popping in.

                          Now back to Corvo,

                          Da Realest is a man with an issue. He gets invited to an Afro-Latino meeting. He doesn't go. But he wants people who do go to AA organizations meetings to agree with his outrageous and false comments. Lol. He is acting not only disrespectfully but is not addressing issues with intelligence. Da Realest have you gone and LIVED in Puerto Rico for a long period of time? Do you speak fluent Spanish? Do you understand the culture? Yes or NO. Answer that. If you haven't done any of the above, according to any decent sociologist (and I hope Carlos Flores is one), you really don't know what the issues are. Why? Because you haven't done the leg work. And that is bad science and bad social science and sociology. If you understand sociology you should know that making conclusions based on no knowledge of a culture is erroneous. Now, we have REPEATEDLY told you racism exists in Puerto RIco. No one who is intelligent denies that. How to go about fixing the problem? Again. I think dealing with power relationship imbalances is critical. And so I am an independentista. To me capitalism is based on unequal power relationships and promotes class and race divisions. If you disagree and think it is equitable then go and do a thread on how capitalism is not racist. It is in my book. Because it always needs a lower class of workers that are exploitable. And what is racism and classism if not discriminatory. If you don't understand that....go study some social science and stop the stupidity. Period.

                          Suki.

                          I don't need to speak Spanish or live in Puerto Rico to know how hard it is being black. Are you black? No. As Xena Ruiz said, african americans understand what her and her kinky hair have been through. You don't so I kindly advise you to shut up.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You don't need to speak Spanish and you don't need to study Puerto Rican history and you don't need to analyze and you don't need to think and you don't need to do anything but be locked into your tiny perspective of the world. Well dude, I have news for you MR. Living in a tunnelvision world. The majority of African peoples don't live in the USA. They don't. And their native languages aren't English dude!! Their cultures are not African American. And to you the melanin count is the only important factor in determining your reality on a social level is your melanin count. It is not. It is language, culture, economics, socioeconomic circumstances, education, environment, social mores, and codes of conduct based on cultural values and rules. That is where you find your identity. The ones who are Afro looking people but don't share your history, your values, your language and etc. and who live in places in which either the majority of the people are of mixed racial heritage and who have or all Afro looking power structures are not going to have the same point of view as you do. That is the truth.

                            And as far as I am concerned you are a lost and completely unanalytical and lost person. And you come to a Puerto Rican board without anything to do. Why? Cuz you aren't wanting to learn at all. You want to dictate and complain. And it is getting old. For all of us. And Corvo is right, "you start falsely accusing people of crap they are not, and insist on it and harp on it like a super loco, then soon you will be shouting in an empty forum with no response."

                            Here is the proof that the USA is racist. To the max. Your quote and it is the last one Da realest. Here goes

                            "I don't need to speak Spanish or live in Puerto Rico to know how hard it is being black. Are you black? No. As Xena Ruiz said, african americans understand what her and her kinky hair have been through. You don't so I kindly advise you to shut up."

                            I will edit this a bit and see how you sound to others. Lol.



                            "I don't need to speak English or live in USA to know how hard it is being Puerto Rican. Are you Puerto Rican? No. As Xena Ruiz said, african americans don't understand what her and her kinky hair and Spanish speaking only accent have been through. You don't know as some English speaking mainland AA, so I kindly advise you to shut up."




                            Lol. And I think I am the first one to do it. I got too many others with open minds to write to than waste anything more with a jerk. No matter how stuck they are on invalid theories.

                            Suki.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Suki
                              You don't need to speak Spanish and you don't need to study Puerto Rican history and you don't need to analyze and you don't need to think and you don't need to do anything but be locked into your tiny perspective of the world. Well dude, I have news for you MR. Living in a tunnelvision world. The majority of African peoples don't live in the USA. They don't. And their native languages aren't English dude!! Their cultures are not African American. And to you the melanin count is the only important factor in determining your reality on a social level is your melanin count. It is not. It is language, culture, economics, socioeconomic circumstances, education, environment, social mores, and codes of conduct based on cultural values and rules. That is where you find your identity. The ones who are Afro looking people but don't share your history, your values, your language and etc. and who live in places in which either the majority of the people are of mixed racial heritage and who have or all Afro looking power structures are not going to have the same point of view as you do. That is the truth.

                              And as far as I am concerned you are a lost and completely unanalytical and lost person. And you come to a Puerto Rican board without anything to do. Why? Cuz you aren't wanting to learn at all. You want to dictate and complain. And it is getting old. For all of us. And Corvo is right, "you start falsely accusing people of crap they are not, and insist on it and harp on it like a super loco, then soon you will be shouting in an empty forum with no response."

                              Here is the proof that the USA is racist. To the max. Your quote and it is the last one Da realest. Here goes

                              "I don't need to speak Spanish or live in Puerto Rico to know how hard it is being black. Are you black? No. As Xena Ruiz said, african americans understand what her and her kinky hair have been through. You don't so I kindly advise you to shut up."

                              I will edit this a bit and see how you sound to others. Lol.



                              "I don't need to speak English or live in USA to know how hard it is being Puerto Rican. Are you Puerto Rican? No. As Xena Ruiz said, african americans don't understand what her and her kinky hair and Spanish speaking only accent have been through. You don't know as some English speaking mainland AA, so I kindly advise you to shut up."




                              Lol. And I think I am the first one to do it. I got too many others with open minds to write to than waste anything more with a jerk. No matter how stuck they are on invalid theories.

                              Suki.
                              Well like a guy on bet.com said, Latin America does have way more blacks than the U.S. and that's why it's really a shame that the U.S. has more successful blacks. So much for culture. One Afro-Latino guy told me that other latinos don't accept them so they identify with African Americans, and then they consider them sell outs. The depth of Latin hypocrisy is just infathomable.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X