No announcement yet.

Half Puerto Ricans Being Treated like there not a part of the Hispanic Culture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Puerto Ricans Being Treated like there not a part of the Hispanic Culture

I read a passage about negro boricuas being treated wrong like there not reallt puerto rican....which is true, but also there are blanco puerto ricans that are treated that way too, i should know, i am one of them.... I am half puerto rican and half Irish...and all my life i have been treated like i have no puerto rican culture in me.... everyone sees me as just a "gringa" and not puerto rican too...granted im not ashamed to be irish too, im proud of both of my ethnicities(sorry if i spelled it wrong, im not to much of a speller) but i was raised in a hispanic environment, i know how to spanish dance, cook spanish food and speek a little bit of spanish....but just because i cant speek fluent spanish of because i dont have really tan skin... people consantly criticise me as a "wannabe puerto rican". and i know im puerto rican, its in my heart soul and blood, but it just gets annoying when people keep denying that u are puerto rican because ur lighter than what people think puerto ricans should be.....well i guess what im tryin to say is that people need to realize that puerto ricans come in all colors, thats why we are called the rainbow race... we are a very unique culture and people need to realize that just because ur blanco or negro that doesnt mean that ur not puerto rican....if u fell what im saying, holla back @ me with ur comments... Boricua Para Siempre.... Bendicion!
    ~Krysta
    Be Safe, Stay Up & Bendicion

IrRican09

IrRican09, If you lived in Puerto Rico this would not happen...I think it is normal in the USA. I onced applied for membership in my hometown's Social Club. The selecting officials did not believe I was from there. So it happens to all of us!

Comment

Forget skin color they get us even by our social security number

Discrimination takes on many shapes in this country. There was a case in my area where a very large and famous manufacturing company was discriminating against social security numbers begining with 58_-___-_____.

This happens to be the code for people born in Puerto Rico and other parts of the Caribbean.

The suit from this was successfully prosecuted in court.

Josť

Comment

Working...
      X