Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PUERTO RICAN FESTIVAL IN SOUTHERN CALI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUERTO RICAN FESTIVAL IN SOUTHERN CALI...

It seems like we are primed and ready for this event!!! I've spoken to - or made contact with - several BORICUAS in Southern California within the past week. Without exception, every single one of them is anxious and ready to enjoy or contribute to the PUERTO RICAN FESTIVAL which will be held at the Pomona Fairplex, June 11 & 12, 2005!!!

Never before have I witnessed the enthusiasm spill over so fervantly into other hispanic communities. Maybe the Raggaeton craze has something to do with this; maybe it's the beautiful BORICUA women that so many seem to be longing to admire; maybe it's the fact that WE have been labeled as the "HAPPIEST BUNCH ON PLANET EARTH!" No matter what it is, many have high expectations for this event.

Mi gente.....mis hermanos y hermanas, lets go out there and show them all a classy good time!!! Hagamoslo con estilo, con sabor, y mucho pero mucho sazón!!!

Entrance fees are only $16! BE THERE, AND REPRESENT TO THE MAX!!! Enjoy much!!! ¡Nos vemos mañana!

TipoConSuerte

Do you live in Southern California?

Are you sure that me and you live on the same planet? I live in Los Angeles California myself and worked security at the last PR festival in Montebello. Only 2,000 people showed up (a good portion of them being African-American;non hispanic)and most residents there saw the festival as a inconvenience and were successful in getting the PR festival removed to Pomona this year. Most hispanics in Los Angeles (the majority being Mexicans) frown upon Puerto Ricans (the perception being that they are arrogant, lazy and obnoxious). I was just curious to where you received all this information about the PR festival being the next great awakening? If it is, you are the first peron to inform so.

Comment

EGA

You appear so unhappy, are you married to a Puerto Rican?
      Hospitality is always about serving others.

Comment

No, he just seems to hate Puerto Ricans, that's all. LOL

Comment

PR Festivals

I am originally a Native of Los Angeles and have gone to Puerto Rican festivals in the LA area since I was twelve or so (almost 28 years). The last time I went was about two years ago. I have never seen anyone be disrespectful of PRs during the festival or resent that it was held at a particular location. There have been many spots where the festival was held, even on the beach in the San Pedro/Long Beach Area. It is ashamed if El Gringo thinks there were nothing but African Americans at the festival. Anyone is welcomed at the festival, including Dominicans and Cubans. Perhaps, you mistook our darker brothers as African American. Not all of us look like J. Lo. Even still, our African American brothers and sisters are welcome because their heritage has contributed to our culture tremendously in the past. In addition, they continue to contribute as many intermarry with our PR sisters and brothers.

Nachos.

Comment

Re: PR Festivals

Originally posted by nachos1965
            I am originally a Native of Los Angeles and have gone to Puerto Rican festivals in the LA area since I was twelve or so (almost 28 years). The last time I went was about two years ago. I have never seen anyone be disrespectful of PRs during the festival or resent that it was held at a particular location. There have been many spots where the festival was held, even on the beach in the San Pedro/Long Beach Area. It is ashamed if El Gringo thinks there were nothing but African Americans at the festival. Anyone is welcomed at the festival, including Dominicans and Cubans. Perhaps, you mistook our darker brothers as African American. Not all of us look like J. Lo. Even still, our African American brothers and sisters are welcome because their heritage has contributed to our culture tremendously in the past. In addition, they continue to contribute as many intermarry with our PR sisters and brothers.

Nachos.
            Well said.

Comment

Miren hermanos(as), no le den ni la minima atencion al gringo-security guard(AKA guardia-de-palito, je! je! je!). Salgan y participen y encuentrense con nuestra gente bonita de Puerto Rico y de todos los preciosos paises de latino-america. Our time is here. Gente como el, van de camino a la extincion.....ja! ja! ja!

I was there from 9am to 7 pm. It was great! had an awesome time with many folks. Hoy domingo sera mejor. Si no se lo gozan ustedes, creanme............me lo gozare yo! Pa' lante!

TCS

[Edited by TipoConSuerte on 12th June 2005 at 07:19]

Comment

TipoConSuerte

Estoy de acuerdo contigo, hermano. Ese tipo cree que él sabe todo de Puerto Rico y de nuestra historia y situación política, social, y económica. Leer algunos artículos del periódico, ver algunas películas, y quizás leer un libro o dos no quiere decir que uno sabe todo que necesita para debatir aquí, con los que viven la experiencia boricua. jajaja Cuídate compay.

Comment

TipoConSuerte

Estoy de acuerdo contigo, hermano. Ese tipo cree que él sabe todo de Puerto Rico y de nuestra historia y situación política, social, y económica. Leer algunos artículos del periódico, un libro o dos, algunas páginas cibernéticas y ver algunas películas no es suficiente para debatir aquí, especialmente con los que viven la experiencia internacional boricua. jajaja Cuídate compay.

Comment

EL FESTIVAL

Hey all! I'll be the first to admit that Saturday was a slow day at the Puerto Rican Festival, at the Pomona Fairplex. It seems like the gloomy weather dampened the enthusiasm for a day. However...WE SURE MADE UP FOR IT ON SUNDAY!!!

It's been a long time since I took part in a "bomba y plena" rumbon. Charlie Cruz was amazing! The parade was festive. And the children, the little children, God bless them all! I was so impressed by a dance group called, "Las Mamitas." These were girls between 3 and 10 years of age dancing to several different beats. Los bailadores de salsa kept many folks hipnotized at the dance floor area. Y nuestras mamis.......ay, nuestras preciosas mamis...ojala que a Dios nunca le de con cambiar la receta!!!

Lots and lots of people showed up. There was no disorderly conduct. This has to be categorized as a success! I congratulate the folks from CPRPA for their effort. Muchas gracias.

TCS

Comment

Tipo Con Suerte

Tipoconsuerte,

Que bueno que quieres hablar mal de yo en Espanol. Tu piensas que puedas hablar mierda porque la mayoria de los Gringos no se entienden espanol. Sin Embargo esta gringo es differente. Yo vivia en tu isla (estoy seguro mas anos que tu), yo estudie tu historia, y yo experiencia los politicos y ambiente de Puerto Rico. Yo se de los Caserios, yo se de Hector Laboe "Me Encanta mi Gente", yo se de Justas en Ponce, yo se de el concierto Fania, yo se de el pollo, arroz y habichuelas. Yo se de "hay bendito", yo se de "Buen Provecho", Yo se de la putas en Santurce (parada de 15), Rio Pierdas (la infantry 65) y Viejo San Juan (Black Angus y Hawiaan Hut).

Mano I know more than you think, I wouldnt be talking about Puerto Rican politics and history if i didnt.

so "WEPA" that

Comment

Re: Tipo Con Suerte

Originally posted by ElGringoAmericano
                        ...yo estudie tu historia, y yo experiencia los politicos y ambiente de Puerto Rico. Yo se de la putas en Santurce (parada de 15), Rio Pierdas (la infantry 65) y Viejo San Juan (Black Angus y Hawiaan Hut).
                        ¡Qué bueno que "estudiaste" nuestra historia y viviste en nuestro Puerto Rico! No obstante, en mi opinión, no te da más vergüenza de que mucho he has escribido aquí es falso o con base de susposiciones,? si supuestamente estudiaste la historia puertorriqueña? Bueno, por lo menos gozaste las putas de San Juan (Que intersante es que sabes todos los lugares de putas, jajaja Los que quieren saber, saben. )

Comment

I think this is someone else who is using another name... lol

Comment

Hey mis hermanos(as)! No le den importancia al "PORT-A-POTTY PUMPER EXTRAORDINAIRE", Mr. gringo-guardia-de-palito-americano. Hey, I do remember you at last year's festival in Montebello. Dude, you suck a mean port-a-potty! Nobody does it, quite like you! Unparalled skills! Congrats! Ji! Ji! Ji!

Now, back to the Pomona festival...........man, oh man! I am still recovering, and it's Tuesday! Nah, it's not what you think. I am not recovering from intoxication or anything like that. I am tired from being on my feet for 12 hours a day, both Saturday and Sunday. Y vuelvo y repito, como estaba la mami alli! Ay Dios! SE ACABAN, Y NO LAS PRUEBO!!!

Karina, Maria, Elba, Nitza, Jessica (6' 2" of solid Boricua beauty, shaped like a damn guitar), Nilda, etc.

And the love was present there amongst us all. It felt like being de "vacilon en vacilon" with family for two whole days. Can't wait for the next one!

So, if you were there, tell about it! If you were not...LO QUE TE PERDISTE!!!

Suave mi gente!

TipoConSuerte

Comment

6'2" and shaped like a guitar??? YIKES!!!
                              That's some woman right there, bro! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X