• Show
Clear All

• March For Dignity, Sept, 23

Read the pros and cons of each political status:

http://www.letpuertoricodecide.com/choices.php

Must check out the VIDEO!

http://www.letpuertoricodecide.com/v...ils.php?cid=68

Boricuas Come to DC-March for Dignity, Sept 23, 2005

Here is your chance to let your voice be heard in DC.

Do you really want Congress to finally DO something about the status mess in Puerto Rico?

Friday, September 23, 2005 10:00 am - 4:00 pm We'll start at the White House and march to the Capitol.

Be there!!! Check it out at MARCH FOR DIGNITY (Marcha por la Dignidad) Acrobat Reader required to view this pdf file.

http://www.letpuertoricodecide.com/b...ON%20FINAL.pdf

Meet with others who will be there. Blog your comments at www.LetPuertoRicoDecide.com
    Last edited by JaneMas; 30th August 2005, 22:29.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
    Thomas Szasz

read it!
    If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
    Thomas Szasz

Comment

Hope They Get

Hope they get a good turnout;

I went down to the BORICUAFIRST rally in 96. Had a lot of fun.

I have a T1 line at work and, apparently, the video was not working when I tried to watch it.

Folks should go to this if they can; Boricuas need to stop hiding in the shadows and flex our political muscle; although I don't know how effective the rally will be, unless they get an overwhelming turnout.

Good luck to the sponsors and organizers.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneMas
        read it!

I did, you mean woman, you! LOL
        I can't speak for anyone else.
        People don't read. And even with that site being broken down with all the information about the political parties' stances, people still don't really know what's going on....

Comment

THE VIDEO IS WORKING FINE!

It worked fine for me at home. The video is very very interesting. At one point the speaker says..."What are PR's going to loose by having all the options placed at the table. Can't negotiate until you know what's being offered."?

Slim I'm not mean. I kinda knew you would look at it... but the independentistas here did not say a word..so I was a little
          Thomas Szasz

Comment

LOL
            I think if you have a T1 connection, it won't run.
            LOL@you tempting the machateros Jane

Comment

I just changed the link to the status choices...I had the mainpage before. I fixed it just in case you didn't see it before.
              Thomas Szasz

Comment

They are not going to read that. LOL
                The truth is there. There is no denying it.

If I were able to vote, I'd vote for an enhanced commonwealth, and that would still give PR the option to become independent in the future, once some STABILITY is in place. That's the best option, IMO.

Comment

I don't understand what all the big uproar is.Puerto Ricans do not pay taxes and get BILLIONS in federal money.I say we're the ones getting screw here!
                  The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. -- Patrick Henry

Comment

I don't think appropriation of monies is the main issue.
                    It is an issue, but not like potential loss of cultural identity, forced use of english and some of the other things that contribute to yet another rape of la islita... the US will soon force PR to make a decision if the islanders can't make one soon, because PR is more of a burden (as you alluded to) than a strategic benefit to the US and don't think they haven't thought about that in congress.

There are obviously more important battles they are fighting, but eventually either a resolution will be made by the islanders or the US congress will force them to choose. And I think it will be soon, like within the next 5 years.

Comment

Have you guys checked the video again lately?
                      Thomas Szasz

Comment

No, what would we be looking for, though?

Comment

On the 1st post on this thread where it says in Green: Check out the video??? CHECK OUT THE VIDEO LINK!
                          Thomas Szasz

Comment

(using sign language)

I know, I know. My question is what IN the video should we be looking for Jane? LOL

Comment

Information.
                              Thomas Szasz

Comment

Working...
                              X