Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow .....

Originally posted by RicanHero2k2
    How can someone believe in something man wrote!.How stupid is that people believeing in **** they never exspirienced!..Lol im laughing my *** off at pure dumbness!..Us Ricans are Pure Ricans nothing to do with African Americans or anything like that.....
    Not African Americans, AFRICANS, WEST AFRICANS TO BE EXACT! You get it,Africans? A-F-R-I-C-A-N-S! Probably 98% of Puerto Ricans have some kind of ancestry atleast one ancester that either came or had family that came as slaves from West Africa. Not African Americans! (African Americans are actually mixed of West Africans, Europeans and USA Native Americans, kind of like Boricuas, huh?) You need to accept that Boricuas has African heritage if you dont then you are na´ve because just look around you in PR, i bet you never even been there. If you have you would clearly see the African in us!

[Edited by admin on 10th August 2001 at 16:59]

Comment

I think I understand where he is coming from. I have seen it a lot in the Island and even in the states, I fully understand it. He is not denying that we have African blood in our veins, he is just refusing to be identified with the American Blacks. I can understand it. The Jamaican and Southern blacks do the same thing. They just do not want to be identify with the sort of black that are portrayed in the states. They are proud of their heritage and even if they do have black blood in them they stand proud that they are not American Black but a latino one.

Comment

Great analogy

Leticia , great

Comment

I will tell you one thing........

I wont allow this dumbf**ck to tear apart my black people thats for sure. Anyways who needs him anyway. Also his story change if you noticed, at first he stated he did not believe the whole theory of the Africans , now he states he does not believe the whole Taino theory either. I think this boy is an imposter just wreaking havoc amongs the fellow Ricans among this message board. I will say one last thing............ Black blood is black blood...........they all share the same blood line....simply different tribes! RicanHero must be one white mutha if he really believes what he states! I will just simply chill with my REAL Nyoricans.....they know wassup!

Comment

Re: I will tell you one thing........

Originally posted by Santiago4Ever
            I wont allow this dumbf**ck to tear apart my black people thats for sure. Anyways who needs him anyway. Also his story change if you noticed, at first he stated he did not believe the whole theory of the Africans , now he states he does not believe the whole Taino theory either. I think this boy is an imposter just wreaking havoc amongs the fellow Ricans among this message board. I will say one last thing............ Black blood is black blood...........they all share the same blood line....simply different tribes! RicanHero must be one white mutha if he really believes what he states! I will just simply chill with my REAL Nyoricans.....they know wassup!
            Thank God there are people who are smart like you and know who the Caribenos y Caribenas are all about and who we are!!!

P.S Its Nuyoricans not Nyricans, forgot, the u!

Comment

apology

i am here to apologize to those who are here to say something positive about our people. i have noticed that there has been a little arument started between Santiago and Hero, I believe every one has a right to express the way they feel but I also believe that once you say something you need to stick to it and not change your story. Hero I am not here to tear you down or anything but you did say that you only believe in the Indian and Spanish part and that Africans have nothing to do with PuertoRicans then in another post you say you don't believe it. You turn around and then say people are dumb to believe in what is written in history because the white man is behind it but what you have written you have proven to believe in what the white man has to say. I don't think any one here has learned about the people of the past from history books but from relatives, things that were passed down, maybe you should close the books you are reading and not agreeing with and take the advise from the others and look at reality. go outside and see the litte nappy hair children that run across you, look into ther eyes, look at there features, then look at your family, look at your self. Talk to the older, smarter and wiser Ricans and see what they have to say. Besides they've been here longer then any of us on this board. The truth lays with them. I would call you a Black man for so many of our black men are in the struggle also to find the truth, and so are you but go by it the right way please, don't say that Africans have nothing to do with PuertoRicans unless you have proof, solid proof. Because every one here is right on one thing when you denie black you denie yourself. And the thing about not wanting to be black because of not wanting to be compared to African Americans because of how we are seen, that is wrong because (not downing the whites) in the eyes of the white man all minorities are low class. They stereotype Ricans, Cubans, Jamaicans etc just like they stereotype Blacks. And when it comes down to it Ricans, Cubans, Jamaicans, Dominicans, and Blacks, Indians, Whites and so on we all go back to Adam my dear. AFRICA

Favorite Quote:
              PuertoRico was born dancing...and has always lived dancing...
              Cesareo Rosa-Nieves

[Edited by mahala_j on 15th July 2001 at 09:26]

Comment

Exceptionally said Mahala_j.....i will extend the same to RicanHero..

if he is willing to accept the apology. I should honestly say that my whole point was not to convince every Rican out there to go out telling everybody they are a black man,but rather just to be proud to admit your appreciation for your Black ancestry. Hey RicanHero, just remember that everytime some fine Chica tells you what a nice nalga you have, remember where you got it from bro......The African women....as they have always been know as being very well endowed women. Like yesterday i was helpiing my friends move their apartment. I noticed a very attractive light skinned black female ( who might could pass for being a PuertoRicquena) but nonetheless my eyes were on her. I noticed she had a very cute little boy who must have been around 7 or 8. He was fairy light skinned himself , had the hair texture of a black man,(not nappy !) and wore glasses. Well no sooner than i could turn from looking at her, Her man was coming pass me from the trash bin. I think he knew i was checking out his lady,but he appeared to think nothing of it.Well her man was Puerto Rican . I could tell because of the tatoo of the Puerto Rican flag on his arm. Now he was light skinned....a typical NuYorican look,but with a pelon . It was such a nice site to see. So my point is that now we can see what kind of offspring black women and Puerto Rican are capable of producing. The irony is that to most americans , the child would not have appeared to belong to this Puerto Rican man,but to us Carribean people and Black people , its something only we would know or be able to relate to.

Comment

classified

I agree with you once again Santiago. The offspring from a Black and Rican is a beautiful product any race with black is a beautiful prosuct, And you are right only we know. Here in AZ once a child is born he or she is classified in groups of race you know for the birthcertificate and records. Well being what I am and born here since my mother is Black and Dominican and my father is PuertoRican I am classified in this state as black. We were classified as Hispanic but that caused a problem with the elders of all Carribean did't like being called Hispanic, so things were changed to Latin-American such as PuertoRican,Cuban,Jamaican and so forth but that didn't go with the olders either because those who are Mexican also consider themselves as Latins. Basically the elders wanted to be pulled away from being considered in the same group as Mexicans, so now in the state of AZ if you are Rican, Cuban, Jamaican, so forth regardless of what shade you are, you are considered as Black Latin. Black because of the heratige and Latin from the Spanish. Well the elder Ricans agreed to this term. So for on now in the state of AZ once a child is born to the parents of either both being Ricans, Cubans, etc. or the child is half-breed it is written that, that child is Black-Latin. Interesting huh...

Comment

Im learning something new everyday ......

Mahala_J ......i am just thrilled at learning things most people would never know unless you have a general interest in the culture. So in AZ the Carribean people are now considered Black-Latin?? Really! So is this a new legislature or just a theoretical classification. Thats great and especially if the people accept being classified as such.

Comment

Re: classified

Originally posted by mahala_j
                      I agree with you once again Santiago. The offspring from a Black and Rican is a beautiful product any race with black is a beautiful prosuct, And you are right only we know. Here in AZ once a child is born he or she is classified in groups of race you know for the birthcertificate and records. Well being what I am and born here since my mother is Black and Dominican and my father is PuertoRican I am classified in this state as black. We were classified as Hispanic but that caused a problem with the elders of all Carribean did't like being called Hispanic, so things were changed to Latin-American such as PuertoRican,Cuban,Jamaican and so forth but that didn't go with the olders either because those who are Mexican also consider themselves as Latins. Basically the elders wanted to be pulled away from being considered in the same group as Mexicans, so now in the state of AZ if you are Rican, Cuban, Jamaican, so forth regardless of what shade you are, you are considered as Black Latin. Black because of the heratige and Latin from the Spanish. Well the elder Ricans agreed to this term. So for on now in the state of AZ once a child is born to the parents of either both being Ricans, Cubans, etc. or the child is half-breed it is written that, that child is Black-Latin. Interesting huh...
                      They shouldnt even bee classifying anyone when you are born. When I was born in New York and many of my family memebers after that, were not classified as anything. They are just human beings. If they do classify you as something, I would put Hispanic, the other British-Caribbean people would either put black or other.

Comment

classified

it is true people shouldn't be classified nor put into groups but it is done. Durring slavery time blacks were not even on record. Birthcertificates were hidden inside bibles that they were allowed to keep. The same went for the Carribeans. I am not sure if it is done every where but here being the state that it is they do classify us. When there is any kind of regristration to be filled out and you have to determain your race you have a choice of being:
                        White, Black, Hispanic (not of Carribean nature), Indian (Native, or other) or Black-Latin

If your race isn't listed you have to go with what they recomend like in the late 80's if your Mexican who'd rather be called Chicano (California born) then you'd put white, or Hispanic, if you were Oriental then you'd put white you see what I'm saying so now they are giving people more of a choice. In the 40's-late 60's a person only had 2 choices and that was black or white.

Me, well on my birthcertificate my mother took it to court because the hospital told her that she could only classify me as one or the other. The way she saw it was if I was PuertoRican then her and my father would both be PuertoRican, and if I was Black then her and my father would have to be both Black, but there not. She wanted me to be classified as both because that is what I was half black and half rican. Growing up I got tired of saying what I was because no matter what I said they'd call me a liar and just see me as a black child anyways. So I started answering people by saying Half-Breed. Finding a job here is even harder if you don't fill out the section about your background and that problem is in many states.

Comment

Re: classified

Originally posted by mahala_j

...Mexican who'd rather be called Chicano (California born).
                          Chicanos are not only Californian born Mexicans, but any Mexican living in the USA, except in Terxas where they call them Tejanos. I know this because a Chicago Mexican once said that Chicago Mexicans are Chicanos which was not true. I guess the Ch misleads you huh,? lol.

Comment

classified

very true and the comment you made was funny Though every Mexican born in the US aren't Chicano. Mexicans born in Cali prefere to be called Chicano because they see the word Mexican as standing for their ancestors then again you have Mexicans who are born in Mexico who prefere to be called Aztecs. Chicano came from the years of the pachuco or best known on the West Coast the Zute Suit days. And then again lots of Mexicans don't like to be called Hispanic because of History so they to prefere Aztecs. I don't know how things are on the East but soon I will know for I will be spending some time in Chicago with my family who I am meeting for the first time to see how our beautiful people live on the East and learn more of the history. But on the West people see things in a whole different way and meaning...

Favorite Quote:
                            PuertoRico was born dancing...and has always lived dancing...
                            Cesareo Rosa-Nieves

Comment

What a shame.

That racism in this world has taught us to hate ourselves and our heritage. When a Puerto Rican tries to deny that there is African in his blood, you must understand that they are influenced by racism in America. Institutional racism in America has taught people that being a person of color means that you are less than a person, or not as good as a white person. So when a Puerto Rican tries to deny that he or she is a person of color they are trying to avoid being the negative image America has for people of color. Even those who live in Puerto Rico are affected by it, since they have more access to American media than their own. Puerto Rico's political status as a colony also plays a role. Hopefully, most of us can unlearn this self-hate and better educate ourselves.

P.S.
                              To better educate ourselves, we must first read the books and then decide whether to believe them or not.

Comment

You are right, Waneko

Puerto Rico's political status with the USA and also the years of colonialism with a lighter skinned power has taught us that eveything black is bad. You guys know what Im talking about, those beautiful Negrito Boricuas with the "pelo malo" and all those relaxers in their hairs put by their mothers trying to striaghten up their hair to keep up with the latest fashions. My sister remembers that and the funny thing, living in Puerto Rico or very warm places and having those "pelo malo" is actually better then having good striaght hair. It is very tight curls, to protect the head from the radioactive rays in the sun that they are more exposed to being closer to the equater, and this very brillo disher washer hair (please forgive me, lol) protects the head and brain from literally heating up. So this pelo malo is actually pelo "ay mami, que buena pelo, que magnifico, ay mi negrita que bonbom," get you the point, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X