why are there so many PuertoRicans not recognizing the black heratige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chica....mucho risas! lol

I think the important thing is for blacks and puerto ricans alike to remember is that we have accomplished far more positive things than any white individual could say negative about us. Lets look towards our athletes of color, our beautiful music, the beauty of our people alone!

Comment

[Edited by admin on 10th August 2001 at 17:03]

Comment

i don't believe in history..

I don't believe in history..I only believe in what God stated and made..Science doesen't know anything like God knows all they do is assume..I have no black in me im all a100%rican and so are the darker ricans..I love my ricans but i get anoyd when a rican/white/excedera acts like a black or whiteboy,remember act like your self not like another race..Now sinse Science and a couple of books state us latins got black in us then you all believe it that is so damn dumb.....Only God knows not man not Science.....
        and this ******* Santiago gots me steamed just because i don't claim black and want to be someone else like you don't false flag me pana...
        Get it right know who you are not who you want to be..

[Edited by admin on 10th August 2001 at 17:10]

Comment

Thats fine RicanHero.....but now i gonna let your *** have it!!

First of all, dont be bringing God's name into this.......#2. I know have to say there obviously are two groups of Ricans.....lets see here....Educated and Uneducated. Its fine that you feel the way you do about Blacks or whatever,but you are just like the white americans here in the states......ignorant and without cause. Like i said before.....the REAL ricans know where they come from......and many i know are Boricua!! and many accept and love their african ancestry , and also did NOT need a ******* scientist to tell them that either . I dont know where the hell you got that scientist crap from. I have an idea....since you dislike so many dark or black ricans....and yes thats what you stated in an earlier post....why dont you tell the island of puerto rico to give the african people back the contributions they gave to the music, food, and history. How fun life would be on the island then huh? You might as well move to Mexico, because that is exactly what most Puerto Ricans would look like. I am just telling it like it is! What is and what would be.

[Edited by admin on 10th August 2001 at 17:11]

Comment

VERY TRUE PATRIA

Patria,

Mama I Believe you 1000%. I straightend my hair some years back and believe me when it hits 115 degrees in AZ. watch out, i did more then burn, and talk about the head aches don't you know i just about died. Never again, i wouldn't trade my nappy curls for any thing

Comment

Re: i don't believe in history..

Originally posted by RicanHero2k2
              I don't believe in history..I only believe in what God stated and made..Science doesen't know anything like God knows all they do is assume..I have no black in me im all a100%rican and so are the darker ricans..I love my ricans but i get anoyd when a rican/white/excedera acts like a black or whiteboy,remember act like your self not like another race..Now sinse Science and a couple of books state us latins got black in us then you all believe it that is so damn dumb.....Only God knows not man not Science.....
              and this jackass Santiago gots me steamed just because i don't claim black and want to be someone else like you don't false flag me pana...
              Get it right know who you are not who you want to be..
              What I believe is what I see on my face when I look in the mirror. The african lips, nose, European hair, brown skin. I am the Taíno, Africano, and European. I am Boricua, and they are three types of people in us, accept it, if not, your denying who you are!

Comment

Re: VERY TRUE PATRIA

Originally posted by mahala_j
                Patria,

Mama I Believe you 1000%. I straightend my hair some years back and believe me when it hits 115 degrees in AZ. watch out, i did more then burn, and talk about the head aches don't you know i just about died. Never again, i wouldn't trade my nappy curls for any thing
                You are just like my sister, she decided to forget it and keep the way her hair is. I, personally, dont care what type of hair a girl has, nappy, straight, curly, as long as they take good care of themselves and comb their hair, its all good, lol.

Comment

Grrrrr...

what i said is that i don't have african american in me!im all rican i said the darker ricans don't have that african american in them..You are so damn fake me and my amigos are laughing at our punk *** !get it right i don't hate black people i just put my self in the line of being all rican no black or whatever else in me what you think anyways....You are a wanna be Santiago a wanna be!Lol..

[Edited by admin on 10th August 2001 at 17:14]

Comment

Santiago you make no sense..

First of all i want to let you all know im(***100%percent Puerto Rican**)
                    and the other thing,some mexicans look like us ricans and some don't,you saying us Ricans have black blood in us and if we do then every race has it,because the slaves weren't in one place..And me i don't accept it!im all Rican!.

Comment

Thats fine RicanHero....but you dont represent majority of Puerto Ricans!!

You can believe whatever you want as far as im concerned.,but dont try to come on this board and act like you represent the majority of Puerto Ricans ,because you most certainly dont! So tell me....why do you think some Puerto Ricans are darker and where does it come from...hint..! Dont need a scientist to figure this out! Its funny because most Ricans i know are very proud of their culture as well as the African heritage, so why do you say that dark Ricans are 100% when actually being Puerto Rican has nothing to do with RACE,but its a culture. So sure, can agree with you on being 100% Puerto Rican to an extent,but we are talking ancestral heritage, which partly has nothing to do with being 100% Puerto Rican.

Comment

Okay okay..

First of all im all Puerto Rican don't you ever say i represent some of us you ****en moron!..
                        I represent all of us Ricans i love my people like no other so get that through your ****en head!.
                        Yes there's darker Ricans and i love all of us Ricans equall they say we come from Tiano,Spain,and Blacks but i don't accept being from sets of diffrent races im all Rican!.If it's true then it's true all i know is i love us Ricans alot get it right..But i guess mans books are all right to you everything man writes is true right???.How dumb can that be Santiago im not going to diss you,you are one of my people even though you discrace me for thinking your blacki don't hate black people i hate some of them just like anyone else,black peolple don't see us as haveing part of us in them,most of them war with latins even though i get along with some blacks and some i don't..
                        Im all boricua de Corizon para Siempre!!..
                        Do you understand All eyes on us Ricans we the best of all time!.

Comment

and one other thing santiago i take that maricon i called you back..

Sorry for calling you Maricon i just got a little pissed at the way you were talking tword me,im all Rican Pana and i don't represent that african american stuff in me because i ain't black..In the begining you sounded like you rather be black then Puerto Rican now that's weak,blacks know who they are and we know who we are reguardless of race you get what im saying right?.
                          So if you think we got black now doesen't all races have
                          black in thaire blood??.The Slaves weren't in just Puerto Rico and other certain places they were everywhere..

Comment

where did it say i hate darker ricans??

You are putten words into my mouth i never said that i hate darker ricans........
                            And answer me this question if you say latins got
                            black in them then so do the asians the whites excedera because
                            am i right or am i right?the slaves were everywhere.....

Comment

You are right, there isn't any pure race. The closes to a pure "white" race are the Norwegian or that area of the world. In fact, during the Roman and Greek empire, the countries were so mix, you couldn't pin point who was what. when they conquer a country they raped and abused, thus creating the mixtures in coloring in Europe. That is one reason you have darker and lighter skin Spaniard, Italians and French etc.

Comment

Hero

I must say I am sadend of the agument that has been going on between you and Santiago. Is this what our people faught for, their descents to go at each others throats over what helped made us PuertoRicans. I understand when you say you don't claim black (African American) but darling you can't denie Africa. I know what its like to not be wanted around when it comes to both Blacks and even Ricans. History has been so corrupt Hero that our own people don't believe in Black Ricans. Its like that here. There are Ricans in AZ but mostly light-skinned and being born here as PuertoRican there is no such things as BlackRicans, they never seen one. Until they go back East and meet their family and see that there is such a person.
                                I hear PuertoRican want to be almost everday, We are not seen because of the Ricans popping up on the screen (light skinned. Like I said before Rosie Perez was lost in the scenes in no time, people were like Rosie who, you know the black girl with the pretty hair on the spike lee flicks. Papa, if you don't want to be claimed as black thats fine because if you were then both of your parents would be African American.Me, myself I'm not black not rican i can't claim just one race. i let people know that i'm both. but Africa is behind our heratige, don't denie Africa. They are one of many reasons why our people are beautiful...

Comment

Working...
                                X