Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some cops use there bages as protection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some cops use there bages as protection.

I have several family members that are in law enforcement. I have noticed many times that they use there shields to get them out of speeding tickets. They also use them as a sort of special privlages pass. Don't evere think about trying to pass an off duty cop on the highway, no matter how slow he is going. They will try to pull you over even though they are off duty and you are doing nothing wrong. About a year ago I was in a car with my uncle and someone cut him off. He put his foot to the gas and caught up to the guy in the other car. He pulled along side him and pulled out his badge. At the same time the other guy pulled out his badge. They both looked stupid. My other uncle drives to Florida alot. When he gets on the highway he drives at 85mph-95mph. To this very day he has been pulled over about twice on each trip. But never gets a ticket because of his badge. But to all those law abiding citizens out there. If you are ever flashed a badge while on the highway. Unless the cop is in a police car, you don't have to pull over. Y our best bet is to pick up your cellular phone and call 911. This will at least log what is going on. The operator will most likely tell you not to pull over.

[This message has been edited by El Pintor (edited 05 July 1999).]

[This message has been edited by El Pintor (edited 05 July 1999).]
    Poet In The Sand

Badges was spelled wrong at the top.

[This message has been edited by El Pintor (edited 15 July 1999).]
    Poet In The Sand

Comment

I PERSONALLY THINK TAT OFFICERS THAT ACT THAT WAY ARE BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY ARE IN A POSITION TO ACT AS IF NO ONE CAN DO THEM HARM OR THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN ANYBODY. IT IS THEIR WAY OF EXPRESSING DOMINANCE AND AUTHORITY.....HELLO PINTOR THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT TO MY TOPIC.....CARMEN

------------------
      CARMEN MALDONADO
      CARMEN MALDONADO

Comment

To C. Maldonado. I agree with what you said. I personally have come across this type of situation many times. And it get's me angry. Because they believe that the badge is a way of saying that they are above the law.
        Poet In The Sand

Comment

Hi, if you look on the board I opened a new topic wich your situation happens to be an example of. It is all a lack of respect! They allow any one to be a police officer these days. All you have to do is take a test. I think it should be more than that. I myself have witnessed friends that are officers do some things that are completely or should be unacceptable of Police Officers. You are not alone in your thoughts or feelings.
          By the way- Before people check others spelling they should check their own...

------------------
          Mamichula
          Mamichula

Comment

so far thank GOD i haven't had any serious problems with the police,and hope i never do I trully believe that an officer should be a person of respect.but in todays imperfect world.no one gets any respect any more.I have been stop a few times for speeding,i once run a light,but my papels are in order and up to date so I got a TICKET.OUCH...$60.00 well pobody is nerfect!!!!

Comment

It's funny how cops persecute people for the smallest things. And yet they break laws like they are the exception. And don't ever get caught in a white neighborhood at night if you are spanish or black person. Even if you are not guilty of anything they will make you feel as though you have commited a crime. A white person can run a red light an get a second chance , but minorities don't get second chances. The exception is when you are latino and get a latino officer and he treats you worse cause he has to prove a point.

------------------
              AUX

Poet In The Sand

Comment

you hit the nail right in the head,brou... they are scare because they know that once you go black you can't go back and a lot's of them have.

Comment

HI!THIS IS UNIQUE.ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL TO ACT THAT WAY WHEN THEY GET THEIR BADGE BECAUSE THEY DON'T ACCEPT THAT IN THE POLICE DEPT.USING YOUR BADGE FOR PRIVILIGES IS NOT ALLOWED.THE WAY I SEE IT IS THAT THERE ARE SOME THAT BREAK THAT LAW AND SOME THAT DON'T. DOESN'T BOTHER ME REALLY.
                  PAPICHULO

Comment

Working...
                  X