AMERICANS DATING PR'S WHATS THE VIEW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMERICANS DATING PR'S WHATS THE VIEW?

YOU HAVE AN AMERICAN DATING A PUERTO RICAN...WHATS THE VIEW THATS TAKEN?AND IF THEY GET MARRIED WILL THE FAMILY AGREE TO IT?

I am half Hispanic but actually I did not know until after I got married to a woman from Puerto Rico. I was told that my biological father was Puerto Rican a few years ago. When I got married before this family secret was revealed my wife's family excepted me with open arms. My mother excepted my spouse but my brother and sisters are not fond of Puerto Ricans. They don't even except me. But if a non Hispanic person fall in love with a Puerto Rican person they should not avoid marriage. I'll tell you this, Puerto Rican women are passionate, great cooks, and drop dead gorgeous. You don't need to live with someone elses family so who cares what they think.

Comment

My family has several inter-racial and multicultural marriages. Most of them have been sucessful, however in the beginning the family did look at them(our family members) as traitors. The funny thing, in the majority of the cases, which happens to be the successful marriages, the person that was not Puerto Rican grasp the culture and customs almost as their own. I don't know why, it could be that my family tends to overwhelm people, therefore they succumb but either way it does seem to work. One thing that I noticed, the relationships where one person thinks his ethnicity is superior to the other seem to fail. The important thing in these relationships is respect for each others differences and acceptance.

Comment

PR women...

AMEN BUGSIE43!I'm dating a PR woman...I'm an american ive dated alot of women...she is everything I've ever wanted in a woman!And I want my family to love and except her the way I have!We are planning on getting married and she is very passionate about things which gives me excitement.Anyways like I said I want my family to except her and love her and so I dont know what will happen but I guess what ever does come out from us getting married will be for the best...I truly feel that God brought me and her together and she agrees because of our past and what brought us together!

Comment

Re: PR women...

Originally posted by THALIASMAN
          AMEN BUGSIE43!I'm dating a PR woman...I'm an american ive dated alot of women...she is everything I've ever wanted in a woman!And I want my family to love and except her the way I have!We are planning on getting married and she is very passionate about things which gives me excitement.Anyways like I said I want my family to except her and love her and so I dont know what will happen but I guess what ever does come out from us getting married will be for the best...I truly feel that God brought me and her together and she agrees because of our past and what brought us together!
          HI THALIASMAN,

I'M A PUERTO RICAN WOMAN MARRIED TO AN AMERICAN MAN. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 10 YRS NOW AND MY FAMILY LIKED HIM FROM THE GET GO. SOME FAMILIES ACCEPT OTHER RACES MORE THAN YOU THINK. THOSE WHO DON'T...... WELL........

I'M SURE IF SHE IS THE RIGHT ONE YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE HER.

MUCH LUV GERI

Comment

I'm Italian American

& my boyfriend is 100% Puerto Rican. His family accepts me 100% with open arms, as does my famila to him!
            His cousin is married to an Italian girl and they have a young baby together.

I don't see the problem. It all goes back to love has no color.???? Right!

Comment

Re: PR women...

Originally posted by THALIASMAN
              Hi Thaliasman,
              More power to you! I wish you a happy, healthy and successful marriage. Do you think you might one day move to the island? It is so beautiful there. I am moving to Ponce PR. this August.

Comment

Re: I'm Italian American

Originally posted by Italia_Lena
                & my boyfriend is 100% Puerto Rican. His family accepts me 100% with open arms, as does my famila to him!
                His cousin is married to an Italian girl and they have a young baby together.

I don't see the problem. It all goes back to love has no color.???? Right!
                HI ITALIA,

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! LOVE HAS NO COLOR PREFRENCES!
                YOU CAN'T HELP WHO YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH. LOVE IS BLIND WHEN IT COMES TO RACE.

CUIDATE MUCHO

LUV GERI

Comment

BUGSIE43...

Ive been considering moving to PR and my Puerto Rican girl friend and I have disscused it many times .All her family lives there and I've been there and infact im going there July 21st of this year to purpose;-) so wish me luck lol...PR is an island of many things!But the thing I love about it most is its romance!With the beaches all the way to just the atmosphere I love everything about it!Its no wonder that PR women are so passonite about things!I wish everyone in this world could just take a look at PR and take a wonderful view of it...I hate it when people come up to me and tell me,"Oh man have you ever been to Jamaca or Hawaii?"Forget those islands I mean dont get me wrong they are beautiful but they just dont compare to PR!!!!I feel that the spanish langauge is the most beautiful thing Ive ever heard,I'm always asking my gf to speak to me in spanish.Anyways I feel that more people show travel there!

Comment

Re: Re: I'm Italian American

HI ITALIA,

CUIDATE MUCHO

LUV GERI [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Geri,

Yes I truly believe that love doesn't have any colors. You can't help who you fall for. Race shouldn't ever be an issue. Unfortunately it isn't a perfect world out there, and race is an issue with so many people!

Love
                    Jen

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I'm Italian American

Originally posted by Italia_Lena
                      HI ITALIA,

CUIDATE MUCHO

LUV GERI
                      Hey Geri,

Yes I truly believe that love doesn't have any colors. You can't help who you fall for. Race shouldn't ever be an issue. Unfortunately it isn't a perfect world out there, and race is an issue with so many people!

Love
                      Jen [/B][/QUOTE]

YES JEN YOU ARE SO RIGHT. WE HAVE SO MUCH HATE I CAN'T STAND IT. MY HUSBAND IS AMERICAN AND I'M PUERTO RICAN. BUT YOU DON'T SEE US HATING EACH OTHER. WELL....... EXCEPT WHEN WE ARGUE!!! LOL
                      BUT REALLY SOME PEOPLE YOU CAN'T CHANGE THEY'RE WAY OF THINKING. I WISH WE ALL COULD JUST GET ALONG. IT WOULD MAKE THIS WHOLE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.

WELL TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS

LUV GERI

Comment

There is nothing wrong with dating outside of your race. I am African American and married to a very loving and kind Puerto Rican gentleman. We met two years ago, and we were married in July. The bottom line is that we love each other so much that nothing else matters. And, it is suprising to see how much we have in common. We enjoy so many of the same things. We don't even feel different until some one reminds us. My children and grandchildren accepted him immediately. They are glad to see their mother so happy.

Comment

RE: Dating Outside of Your Race

I most definitely agree that love has no colors as previously mentioned by Boriqua-Gonzalez. There are so many who do not feel this way, and I certainly feel that until they see differently they will continue to go through life close-minded, and miss out on so much life has to offer! The Bottom-line: We were all created in God's image!

Ysa

Comment

dating

every one is mixed in this world.
                            love true latin viva italia

Comment

LOL@the statement -- "I am a Puerto Rican woman who married an american man"

HUH? Aren't you both Americans? LOL
                              I go back and dig up these old threads based on things I've seen here lately. There has been an infusion of boricuas (GLORIA A DIOS!) here over the past year and you start to see a lot of these types of situations occuring now more and more.

I don't care, I just want MY queen... lol

I am happy for all the people who have married here, though. Felicidades!

Comment

Working...
                              X