AMERICANS DATING PR'S WHATS THE VIEW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delgado22
    LOL@the statement -- "I am a Puerto Rican woman who married an american man"

HUH? Aren't you both Americans? LOL
    I go back and dig up these old threads based on things I've seen here lately. There has been an infusion of boricuas (GLORIA A DIOS!) here over the past year and you start to see a lot of these types of situations occuring now more and more.

I don't care, I just want MY queen... lol

I am happy for all the people who have married here, though. Felicidades!
    lol...that's why people get confused...they use the wrong terminology creating an equality of race and nationality. She probably married an Irish, German, Polish or Italian decendant.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
    Thomas Szasz

Comment

I was never into PR women.

Despite how well I got along with PR women. I never found one that I wanted to be my wife. When I was in the Army, I was friends with a Puerto Rican sister from the Bronx. She was crazy about me and she was very attractive. My friends always urged for me to get with her. But, I didn't see her that way. I was always attracted to Black women from the US. I love them to death. Some people are turned off from what they perceive their attitude. But I love it. I think it is so cute. I am a softy around Black women. The taboo with interracial dating has to do with the level of racism that has plagued the US for so long. Once those barriers are removed, then it won't be looked upon as an issue. I never got along with white women. I still don't. I think they are the most arrogant devils that I have ever encountered.

Bro. Hector

Comment

Talking about dissimilar people.

My father was the son of a Moroccan sailor who landed in PR by mistake; muslin, dark skinned and fairly tall(6'3"). He was 35 years old and an engineer by trade.

My mother was a puertorrican woman of Spanish ancestry, very white almost pale, catholic, 4'4" tall. She was 18 years old and a seamstress

Both families vehemently opposed their union for the reasons stated above.

They got married, had children, lived happily ever after and both died in the 90's. I'm happy they put love and affection before all this race/ethnicity/nationality bull crap. Otherwise I wouldn't be here posting this message of love and understanding.

[Edited by Yujike on 7th June 2005 at 21:18]

Comment

Re: I was never into PR women.

Originally posted by BrotherHector
          Despite how well I got along with PR women. I never found one that I wanted to be my wife. When I was in the Army, I was friends with a Puerto Rican sister from the Bronx. She was crazy about me and she was very attractive. My friends always urged for me to get with her. But, I didn't see her that way. I was always attracted to Black women from the US. I love them to death. Some people are turned off from what they perceive their attitude. But I love it. I think it is so cute. I am a softy around Black women. The taboo with interracial dating has to do with the level of racism that has plagued the US for so long. Once those barriers are removed, then it won't be looked upon as an issue. I never got along with white women. I still don't. I think they are the most arrogant devils that I have ever encountered.

Bro. Hector

WOW... but God gave us all different tastes for a reason. On the flip side, I could only see myself with a Puerto Rican woman, no matter how well I get along with all the others (because I have many acquaintances, associates and a couple of friends who are of every ethnicity in the world -- as my mother always urged me to do lol). There's nothing like a QUALITY Puerto Rican woman... I could go on and on. Not the lazy ones or the ones with the bad attitudes, but the ones who are about something! LOL@anyone who finds "attitude" all the time "cute" black OR pr...

LOL@arrogant white devils... (you're not TOTALLY off with that, though, could NEVER see myself with a white woman, for partly the same reason)

Comment

Re: Talking about dissimilar people.

Originally posted by Yujike
            My father was the son of a Moroccan sailor who landed in PR by mistake; muslin, dark skinned and fairly tall(6'3"). He was 35 years old and an engineer by trade.

My mother was a puertorrican woman of Spanish ancestry, very white almost pale, catholic, 4'4" tall. She was 18 years old and a seamstress

Both families vehemently opposed their union for the reasons stated above.

They got married, had children, lived happily ever after and both died in the 90's. I'm happy they put love and affection before all this race/ethnicity/nationality bull crap. Otherwise I wouldn't be here posting this message or love and understanding.

LOL.. exactly

Comment

Love is Powerful

Originally posted by boriqua-gonzalez
              Originally posted by Italia_Lena
              & my boyfriend is 100% Puerto Rican. His family accepts me 100% with open arms, as does my famila to him!
              His cousin is married to an Italian girl and they have a young baby together.

I don't see the problem. It all goes back to love has no color.???? Right!
              HI ITALIA,

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! LOVE HAS NO COLOR PREFRENCES!
              YOU CAN'T HELP WHO YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH. LOVE IS BLIND WHEN IT COMES TO RACE.

CUIDATE MUCHO

LUV GERI
              I totally agree Geri. True Love has no color/race preference. I've never been afraid to date a man that is outside of my race. (exp. Asian, White or Latino) It's the person on the inside.

Comment

I have dated every so call race under the sun, I've married a Japanes woman, An American (swiss-German) and now an Eritrean-raised in SF. I love all women, even those with an attitude, perhaps more.

one of my brothers is married to a north Italian (melan), and was married to a Korean before that. Love does not see any boundries.
                Pro-Black, Pro-Diversity. " Live and let Live"

Comment

All of this color we will find out is nonsense when we die. nationalities are human made up. and color is what part the world we are at and the weather. we are all %1oo percent one race and that's human... I think its sad we have to bicker about nationalities and who's better when in reality we are all the same thing. parents hardly agree on anyone. just marry who you want to...we are all the same ok.

Comment

Many of the Boricuas I grew up with hated when they saw latinas with anglos. They didn't care so much if it's a latino male dating a non latina but when it's a woman they would get heated. You would hear the words "daƱa raza" thrown around alot. I have even heard some of my Nuyorican friends call Boricua women who date anglos as "bottom feeders" and "damaged goods". Meaning if they find out that a woman was with a black or white American (non-latino) person before then she was undatable. And these were guys who hung out with African Americans and some even dated black women. Talk about being hypocrites. But it does happen.

I use to be very ethnocentric and like minded growing up. Even though I have relatives who married everything under the sun. They were accepted because they were family. But when I saw a latina dating someone who was not latino, regardless of color, it use to bother me too. Now I could care less. I think it was due to a lack of maturity on my part. Today, it's all about how hot a woman looks and not where she comes from. Who other Ricans choose to date is their business.

Comment

Working...
                    X