Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Mexicans and blacks in L.A. on the verge of rioting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Mexicans and blacks in L.A. on the verge of rioting?

I've been hearing reports from several people within the past year of the tension between blacks and Mexicans in L.A.

My question is...What the hell is going on?

On a different website a young black woman posted this message:

I've been learning from various sites of a growing problem in L.A. with Mexicans showing hatred toward African Americans. Is there going to be a riot? For over a two year period, I've been getting bit information of the growing tension in L.A. with blacks and Mexicans. Where I grew up, blacks and Latins were basically neutral toward one another, but I feel with the recent reports of the Latin population explosion, some groups may be taking this message as some type of signal to disrespect us. In many Latin countries, dark skin is looked down upon while white skin is the more admired. Colonialization and slavery impounded in the psyche's of many of these groups that blackness was bad and white good. Such is the case in countries like Brazil, The Dominican Republic, Cuba etc. However, the problems with Mexicans and blacks seems to be isolated to L.A., but is this a call to arms to our community that we should not be too quick to trust these people as the below post illustrates?

I will post a message from a young lady I've been talking to who just moved to L.A. and her story is very shocking.

Here is the post:

To: ALL (441 of 449)
    1550.441 in reply to 1550.432

I have also experienced overt hatred from Hispanics. Originally from the Midwest, my experience with Hispanics was very limited, that is until I moved to Los Angeles. Here I have experienced so much hatred from Hispanics, I'm talking at least one incident a week that I have come to the conclusion that it would be in my best interest to avoid them. It is unfortunate because I have met many who seem like nice people but it was as if they could never get beyond the fact that I'm Black. I had a Hispanic friend who constantly referred to her dislike of dark skin saying things like "...She so dark, I don't see what he sees in her..." I have had Mexican men look at me with hatred for no reason. Today I was sitting on a subway bench and a group of Hispanic teachers (I assume they were teachers even though it was Saturday) came with their kids and allowed the children to toally disrespect me. These kids were literally climbing all over me. I had to actually say to one of the children to "stop, don't you see I'm sitting here". These are not isolated events and sometimes living in LA amongst the Hispanics feels like living in the twilight zone. And it's not just the people on the street. This week alone, I turned on the TV and on two different shows Hispanic men made disparaging remarks about Blacks. One the Executive producer of American Family said that Black culture is a slave culture which shows he has no respect for Blacks. Another, the host of Cafe Americano here in LA (this happend today) made mockery of the Black spiritual "We shall overcome". I have read many books, watched shows, read essays, listened, befriended but I believe now that my kindness has been taken for weakness. I have come to this board, I guess hoping to find answers. But I already know the answer, from my studies of various Hispainc cultures and my personal experiences I have learned that hatred of people with dark skin is a Hispanic cultural attribute and is not going to disappear. I have to agree with TruthAngel that we should be very leery of the Hispanics, they are the new Irish. If you don't understand what I mean by the new Irish, study the history of the Irish in the country and you will see the similarities. The Irish used and betrayed the Blacks of this country. They savagely stepped on the Blacks to catapult themselves into the white mainstream. We cannot allow ourselves to be abused.

Here is another post on the same thread:

To: PRESIDENT30 (444 of 449)
    1550.444 in reply to 1550.443

President30, thank you for your response. I do understand what you are saying. And I agree; but at the same time our personal experiences are what we have to depend on when making future decisions. Although some Hispanics and Blacks have robbed you, I am sure you have counter experiences where you have met Blacks and Hispanics who were not thieves. In my experience, every Hispanic that I have met has always shown some type of racial prejudice towards me. I am logical enough to know that does not mean that all Hispanics are prejudice against Blacks; but it has led me to believe that this is a cultural tendency. And the reason is because I have not met any Hispanics (at least not yet) who did not have prejudice against dark skin. Inaddition studying the history, contemporary and colonial I have found that there is a prejudice against dark skin in Latin America. This is a fact. Please don't get me wrong; there are many positive aspects of Hispanic culture but the prejudice against dark skin is not good and it affects me personally especially when Hispanic associates are compelled to put me down our say derogatory things about African racial characteristics. I also want to say that the situations that I noted are not the worst of what I have experienced only the most recent. The worst thing that I experienced was three months ago on a MTA bus. An older Hispanic woman made her four year old grandchild spit on me. Then she tried to get the other Hispanics to say that her daughter didn't spit on me. Everyone on the bus sided with her except for one Hispanic man who told the bus driver that the child did in fact spit on me and that the old woman had told the child to do it. Now my initial reaction was to become violent; but of course I couldn't attack a child and definitely I would never hit an old woman unless my life was in danger. The bus driver called the police but the old woman and her grandchild fled before they arrived. I have been in this city for four years. I also have heard that there is some type of rivalry between Blacks and Hispanics in South Central, but I really don't know the details because I live in Hollywood and I have been here since I moved to LA four years ago.

Anyway, thanks again for your response

Will this become a national problem? If so, I'll be the first in line to head to L.A.

TRUST!!!

What's the deal?

Truthangel

Historically when there have existed tight economic conditions, or competition in the United States for lower end or higher end employment...there has been known the "scapegoat" phenomenon. In which ignorant members of ethnic groups blame each other or another "minority" for the system's failures in providing stable employment and decent housing, health care, education and etc. for its members.

There are many ugly and sad reasons why Mexicans or other Latin Americans who are ignorant of history and other ethnicities such as African-American history dislike and revile that community, and the reason is basic stupid ignorance, and colonialistic racist and totally uninformed thinking. I think Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Dominicans and Brazilians and many other African heritage Latin Americans have the obligation of doing outreach and uniting both communities in a positive collaborative effort to create excellent opportunities to eradicate this toxic thinking, before it takes root...and spoils what could instead be a strong coalition and a great organized effort of mutual love and support for each other's conditions and concerns.

One must be careful of painting all members of an ethnic group with the same brush....and work together to educate and inform those communities of who the other group is, what are their concerns and how to deal with them in the correct way....it is critical...and I have seen when understanding dawns on people of different ethnicities/cultures, what emerges is really wonderful....peace, enthusiasm and real sincere liking....it is great!!

Suki.

Comment

Originally posted by Truthangel
      I've been hearing reports from several people within the past year of the tension between blacks and Mexicans in L.A.

[i]You really want to know?

Basically, it's just the clash of the sleeping drones. Keep sleeping everyone out there in Bujwazi land ...Just be ready for a real rude awakening when it comes ja ja ja

Comment

This is more like the "velvet glove" treatment....

Originally posted by Suki
        Historically when there have existed tight economic conditions, or competition in the United States for lower end or higher end employment...there has been known the "scapegoat" phenomenon. In which ignorant members of ethnic groups blame each other or another "minority" for the system's failures in providing stable employment and decent housing, health care, education and etc. for its members.

There are many ugly and sad reasons why Mexicans or other Latin Americans who are ignorant of history and other ethnicities such as African-American history dislike and revile that community, and the reason is basic stupid ignorance, and colonialistic racist and totally uninformed thinking. I think Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Dominicans and Brazilians and many other African heritage Latin Americans have the obligation of doing outreach and uniting both communities in a positive collaborative effort to create excellent opportunities to eradicate this toxic thinking, before it takes root...and spoils what could instead be a strong coalition and a great organized effort of mutual love and support for each other's conditions and concerns.

One must be careful of painting all members of an ethnic group with the same brush....and work together to educate and inform those communities of who the other group is, what are their concerns and how to deal with them in the correct way....it is critical...and I have seen when understanding dawns on people of different ethnicities/cultures, what emerges is really wonderful....peace, enthusiasm and real sincere liking....it is great!!

Suki.

Hi, Suki. I haven't spoken or seen you in a while. I hope all is well with you...

This is purely political.

Whites are afraid of African Americans forming coalitions against them, so as we all know, white men are always reacting and scheming out of an innate fear of blacks achieving power over them in order to seek retribution for their historical hatred, bad treatment and racist behavior; they in turn have figured out a way to act covertly.

How can this be achieved?

By letting in immigrants like the Mexicans, give them jobs, establish a pseudo loyalty from them, all the while exploiting them. They then begin to infect the minds of these people with their own hatred of another people and WALLA! Mexicans are the pawns to inflict the white man's hatred.

The sad thing about this is that because many Mexicans have a lot of self loathing and desire to be white; this translates in their behavior toward a group who don't reflect what they have been brainwashed into thinking. That white is the standard.

I know what's going on, but if this news becomes national and blacks in other cities pick up on it; I'm very concerned that Mexicans are going to awaken a sleeping giant in the black community.

The AA community is not weak by any means and there is a strong nationalist foundatin set. Thusly, any action or behavior perceived to be antiblack will be confronted and attacked.

The behavior of Mexicans in L.A. have something to do with La Raza/Atzlan ancestory and many of them think that it's their time to take back land which was stolen from them. However, the Native Americans of that area are the true owners of the land and I wonder how this will play when other groups begin to react?

Comment

Originally posted by Guaili-Cayniabon

Basically, it's just the clash of the sleeping drones. Keep sleeping everyone out there in Bujwazi land ...Just be ready for a real rude awakening when it comes ja ja ja

I'm not really sure what you mean, but you take this message back.

As a people, African Americans are not afraid of Mexicans and it is very wise to know that if this behavior continues; retribution will come like a whirlwind and death will come to those who initiate such ignorance on swift wings.

We too are from warrior people and many a great people have been destroyed for underestimating and adversary.

THINK ON THIS!!!

Comment

Consciousness.

As a people, African Americans are not afraid of Mexicans and it is very wise to know that if this behavior continues; retribution will come like a whirlwind and death will come to those who initiate such ignorance on swift wings.

We too are from warrior people and many a great people have been destroyed for underestimating and adversary.

THINK ON THIS!!!
            [i]Well a good afternoon to you too Truthangel :

Well, here's the truth... you may not like it, but the truth is the truth and believe me my intent is not to offend you, just to bring you into a conscious state of mind. First off, forgive me, but I don't know where all the aggression comes from with you, if appears to me to be repressed anger. I have done some work within the African American community and I've seen this run through the wall gung-ho attitude many times, and it's very sad but it's a reality that African Americans deal with, repressed anger from decades of oppresion. There just all ready to burst. I am not being sarcastic with you, it's the truth, I know this from working with African American Coalition groups and Civil Rights activists, this is a common fact and sad reality within African American communities. Further more it is also a feeling that Puerto Ricans share with African Americans being provided the fact that Puerto Ricnas as a people are repressed as well, even more, as an entire nation we are repressed by the inflicted state of colonialism that the U.S. government has imposed on our country and at the momment does not want to set us free and give us our freedom.

Anyway, I think you misinterpreted the message I had previously given you. Sometimes at first I can be hard to understand, but I usually remain loud and clear when the smoke is settled (Suki can explain to you), so don't get me wrong. Anyway, this is what I said to you in my previous post to you below...

You had first said, what the hell is going on?
            -Then I replied in my post to you...

Well, the reason I left you with a vague reply is becasue it all goes much deeper than you think. If you read the majority of my posts here at puertorico.com or if you ask Suki, you'll see that my bread and butter is conspiracies of the CIA. How they are involved in all this? Again, you wouldn't begin to comprehend, but lets just say Uncle Sam needs the little puppets to do dirty work for them and buy their "toys", kind of like the same thing they do when they start a war, whether they be involved or not. To be honest, I didn't make a detailed comment to begin with, because the issue, yes I find amuzing and somewhat interesting, but in the long run of it all, it's just to many "drones" to be saved that don't have the potential on either side to open their consciousness in a vast majority because they've been inflicted with brain washing for decades that's even getting worse by the minute with in their anglo-influenced cultures. The Bujwazi Goverment makes a marketable image for the youths of these cultures to buy, they buy it and they fall into these sub-culture traps and never get out. They see the music videos, they listen to the songs and what they emphasis on and the image they label as being "cool" in their communities, the way to dress, the way to talk, the way to act, they are all just sub-conciously controled like little puppets by thier sub-conscious thoughts that they can't break away from. Don't think it's true? Then it's a shame that Malcolm X sacrificed all that he did to try to awaken his people and they still after all this time don't see what he died trying to always point out to them. Just where do you think the marketing idea of the image of a gangster who has to be dressed in "Bujwazi-manufactured" clothing brands to be "cool" and drive "Bujwazi-European cars" to get the girls come from? Just who's idea was that to make that image be marketed within the African American community, primarilly. Why don't you see that type of marketing focused towards the anglo community, or asian community. Why is it that for decades the African American community has always been presented and made to feel like they must fit into some image, and who is the one that continuously sugests that image to them. These are alot of things Malcolm X talked about. I mean basically, I have old dictionary's from earlier on in the century, do you know what the definition of the word BLACK is in those dictionary's? I'll tell you, you would be horrified, and also the amount of words that use the word black and the n word in those dictionary's. There's about 4 pages worth of extremely degrading words there, that are focused on breaking down the self esteem of a colored person, especially when you read the definicion for WHITE aferwards, a whole page of which refers to things of "purity" and "milk and honey" and superiority. Believe me, it all goes further than just definitions in dictionary's, it's all around you, controling you and you don't even realize it, since you developed and grew up with it in your environment and in your mind, in front of your face, in your sub-conscious, it's something that's percieved as normal, but believe me, it's what has an entire culture under control like puppets. Look at Hollywood for instance, they make movies of white people being extremely wealthy, being geniouses and stuff, but the majority of the time when they portray a black person being wealthy it's because he's selling drugs or something, then they make it look "cool", even get rappers to rap on the soundtrack. You have to understand that adolecents go and see things like that or are even introced to things like that from a very young and developmental age and then develop and think that is the only way a black person can be rich and what ever else the Bujwazi wants them to think and feel. Most are not aware to the physcological factors that come into play in everyday to day life. It's sad, these communities in the U.S. are just being drowned in all this propaganda, they are like drones just walking around with pre-designed minds that the Bujwazi marketed for them. You don't see this in other countries in the world. Not even in Africa itself are the people like this, they have liberated minds, they are not intrapped to the mind control of the U.S. government. For instance, you walk around the U.S. all the "hero's" who are worshiped and put on an alter are "Anglos", but when you walk around Africa, do you know what a feeling it is, to walk around and for the first time in your life be exposed to the feeling of seeing "African" hero's and honorable figures portrayed on an alter, as a statue. Walk around, everyone is black like you, no one thinks they're better than you nor do you feel you have to be better. These are thoughts that an activist for Civil Rights within the African American community addressed at a recent seminar which I also addressed, with my seperated issues of course. But we must all show concern for each others issues of course, but my fight is for my people, your fight is for yours, but it's all in the same cause, for Liberation, and believe me, liberty is more than just the freedom of being able to walk down the street and smoke a cigarette and things like that, in this day and error there are still so many asleep, who can't grasp or comprehend the complete concept of freedom and what it is, how many liberties that they are not being able to live.

For what it's worth, do your people a favor and get all that violent "warrio" stuff out of your head, that's just what they want you to think and yuo don't understand that. Either way, the Mexicans aren't afraid of African Americans either, and you are by the way mispresenting the history of African Americans, they were never worriers, they were slaves. The Africans from the early civilizations of Africa which derived from varios distinct regional tribes were "warriors" if that's what you want to consider them, the fact is the majority of these tribes were peaceful people and didn't really have any conflicts between them until the Anglo appeared there. It's interesting how in centuries of living amongst each other that no serious conflict ever errupted until the Anglos came along. Think they could hve had something to do with it? Now think again if they could have something to do with these porblems you are talking about between African Americans and Mexicans. They derived from a great civilization as well, just as the Africans possesed, they to had various tribes, interesting there too how the biggest conflicts that emergred was when the Anglo made himself present there, same thing happend amongst the American Indians. Is this all just coincidence, or a well experienced devil at work? You tell me. If so, who's the real enemy here? The one sitting back being amused watching the show counting all the green while the puppets kill each other in a never ending endless cycle of unconscious bliss.

Like you said to me... THINK ON THIS ONE

THINK PEACE NOT VIOLENCE

Sincerely,

Guaili

Comment

TruthAngel I have mentioned this fact before

TA,

Just as Suki mentioned reference the regions or nations where Blacks are predominant, such as Brazil, Caribeean and Panama, Northern Latin America and even in a specific Mexican Region called the YUCATAN. On these areas, you will probably never see such problems since the only difference may be the language and not the skin color. The Mexicans are a very unique Hispanic group in that if you take a peek at their "soap operas" a black is always a slave, house keeper, extreme poor or anything of lower clase. If you notice the rest of the cast or characters most of them are either blonde with light eyes or "meztiso" mixed, when in actuality most mexicans are "Native Indian Asian look alike". Then compare the "soap operas" Venezuela, Brazil and even Puerto Rico you will see a rainbow of races and even interracial relationship, but not in Mexican TV.

So, my point here, is that they have been programmed to view dark skinned human in a derogatory way, although not all Mexicans are that way, they do maintain some sort of underground segregration among themselfs. Remember, in our heated debate where I told you Blacks thought and treated me as if I was a Mexicans? Well, now you can see what I mean. We are very different (Puertorricans) I fought to teach them the difference.

Take care sister! But this tension has been around since I was sent to the south for basic training. No new news to me.

Comment

As they say...

[b][i] ja ja ja ja ja ja...

Comment

Truthangel.

[i]A few more feelings and thoughts towards the situation

There is a harsh and tragic aspect of the African experience in America. It is steeped in the brutality and inhumanity of slavery. I am saddend when I think about this horrific period they had to endure in the U.S. nations history. The sinfully immoral nature of the system shakes me to the core. I evoke the name of Paulo Freire, a great educator and philosopher who once remarked -"there is no humanistic dimension in oppression nor is there dehumanization, in true liberation." Remember these words as you continue the tradition of the struggle and take action to pursue your studies in life. By doing so, you redefine your own existance in the world.

I am mindful of the extent that we are all affected in our lives by our own degrees of miseducation, however, as you begin to take more and more ownership of your learning in life, you will make the critical social difference that must be overcome. It is a challenge task, however, you must be dauntless and sustain your focus. You must initiate the change that is necessary for a world so troubled. A world engulfed in so much discord and lack of caring. I am reminded of the Hebrew notion of Tikkun, which means to heal, to repair, to transform the world. In that spirit, a tradition of eloquent oratory was past on through the work and memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a man who deeply loved people.

I can recall Dr. King reciting some poetic verse like -"fleecy locks and black complexion, cannot forfeit nature's claim (...) skin may differ but affection dwells both in black and white the same. -If I was so tall as to reach the poles or grasp the ocean at a span, I must be measured by my soul, the mind is the standard of a man." In keeping with the tradition of struggle and self determination, I saw another side of Dr. King, to whom I attributed an unfatigable endurance. Toward the end of his lengthy battles for civil rights and human dignity, he could be heard to say -"I must confess I'm tired, I'm tired of the constant murmor of life's restless sea, I'm tired of marching for what should have been mine at birth, I must confess, I'm tired."

He told us while he was here, that we are all tied in an inextricable garment of destiny, a garment of mutuality. Embodied in this thought is a glimpse of his unique humanity. He so stressed the oneness of mankind. He emphasized this idea when he said, -"I cannot be who I ought to be, until you are who you ought to be; and you cannot be who you ought to be, until I am who I ought to be." This is the interrelated structure of reality.

I thought a few thoughts from the perspective in which I have addressed the situation in which you feel is succeeding in the mist of your presence would help to ope your mind and deal with these issues from a more positive perspective. We sometimes are very quick to forget those who sacrificed everything they were, their entire lifes so that we may view things and think and be positive individuals. Think about things Truthangel, it's just a recommendation. Take it as you may.

Until next time,

Guaili

Comment

Guaili, I know more than you think....

THINK ON THIS!!!
                    [i]Well a good afternoon to you too Truthangel :

Well, here's the truth... you may not like it, but the truth is the truth and believe me my intent is not to offend you, just to bring you into a conscious state of mind. First off, forgive me, but I don't know where all the aggression comes from with you, if appears to me to be repressed anger. I have done some work within the African American community and I've seen this run through the wall gung-ho attitude many times, and it's very sad but it's a reality that African Americans deal with, repressed anger from decades of oppresion. There just all ready to burst. I am not being sarcastic with you, it's the truth, I know this from working with African American Coalition groups and Civil Rights activists, this is a common fact and sad reality within African American communities. Further more it is also a feeling that Puerto Ricans share with African Americans being provided the fact that Puerto Ricnas as a people are repressed as well, even more, as an entire nation we are repressed by the inflicted state of colonialism that the U.S. government has imposed on our country and at the momment does not want to set us free and give us our freedom.

Anyway, I think you misinterpreted the message I had previously given you. Sometimes at first I can be hard to understand, but I usually remain loud and clear when the smoke is settled (Suki can explain to you), so don't get me wrong. Anyway, this is what I said to you in my previous post to you below...

You had first said, what the hell is going on?
                    -Then I replied in my post to you...

Well, the reason I left you with a vague reply is becasue it all goes much deeper than you think. If you read the majority of my posts here at puertorico.com or if you ask Suki, you'll see that my bread and butter is conspiracies of the CIA. How they are involved in all this? Again, you wouldn't begin to comprehend, but lets just say Uncle Sam needs the little puppets to do dirty work for them and buy their "toys", kind of like the same thing they do when they start a war, whether they be involved or not. To be honest, I didn't make a detailed comment to begin with, because the issue, yes I find amuzing and somewhat interesting, but in the long run of it all, it's just to many "drones" to be saved that don't have the potential on either side to open their consciousness in a vast majority because they've been inflicted with brain washing for decades that's even getting worse by the minute with in their anglo-influenced cultures. The Bujwazi Goverment makes a marketable image for the youths of these cultures to buy, they buy it and they fall into these sub-culture traps and never get out. They see the music videos, they listen to the songs and what they emphasis on and the image they label as being "cool" in their communities, the way to dress, the way to talk, the way to act, they are all just sub-conciously controled like little puppets by thier sub-conscious thoughts that they can't break away from. Don't think it's true? Then it's a shame that Malcolm X sacrificed all that he did to try to awaken his people and they still after all this time don't see what he died trying to always point out to them. Just where do you think the marketing idea of the image of a gangster who has to be dressed in "Bujwazi-manufactured" clothing brands to be "cool" and drive "Bujwazi-European cars" to get the girls come from? Just who's idea was that to make that image be marketed within the African American community, primarilly. Why don't you see that type of marketing focused towards the anglo community, or asian community. Why is it that for decades the African American community has always been presented and made to feel like they must fit into some image, and who is the one that continuously sugests that image to them. These are alot of things Malcolm X talked about. I mean basically, I have old dictionary's from earlier on in the century, do you know what the definition of the word BLACK is in those dictionary's? I'll tell you, you would be horrified, and also the amount of words that use the word black and the n word in those dictionary's. There's about 4 pages worth of extremely degrading words there, that are focused on breaking down the self esteem of a colored person, especially when you read the definicion for WHITE aferwards, a whole page of which refers to things of "purity" and "milk and honey" and superiority. Believe me, it all goes further than just definitions in dictionary's, it's all around you, controling you and you don't even realize it, since you developed and grew up with it in your environment and in your mind, in front of your face, in your sub-conscious, it's something that's percieved as normal, but believe me, it's what has an entire culture under control like puppets. Look at Hollywood for instance, they make movies of white people being extremely wealthy, being geniouses and stuff, but the majority of the time when they portray a black person being wealthy it's because he's selling drugs or something, then they make it look "cool", even get rappers to rap on the soundtrack. You have to understand that adolecents go and see things like that or are even introced to things like that from a very young and developmental age and then develop and think that is the only way a black person can be rich and what ever else the Bujwazi wants them to think and feel. Most are not aware to the physcological factors that come into play in everyday to day life. It's sad, these communities in the U.S. are just being drowned in all this propaganda, they are like drones just walking around with pre-designed minds that the Bujwazi marketed for them. You don't see this in other countries in the world. Not even in Africa itself are the people like this, they have liberated minds, they are not intrapped to the mind control of the U.S. government. For instance, you walk around the U.S. all the "hero's" who are worshiped and put on an alter are "Anglos", but when you walk around Africa, do you know what a feeling it is, to walk around and for the first time in your life be exposed to the feeling of seeing "African" hero's and honorable figures portrayed on an alter, as a statue. Walk around, everyone is black like you, no one thinks they're better than you nor do you feel you have to be better. These are thoughts that an activist for Civil Rights within the African American community addressed at a recent seminar which I also addressed, with my seperated issues of course. But we must all show concern for each others issues of course, but my fight is for my people, your fight is for yours, but it's all in the same cause, for Liberation, and believe me, liberty is more than just the freedom of being able to walk down the street and smoke a cigarette and things like that, in this day and error there are still so many asleep, who can't grasp or comprehend the complete concept of freedom and what it is, how many liberties that they are not being able to live.

For what it's worth, do your people a favor and get all that violent "warrio" stuff out of your head, that's just what they want you to think and yuo don't understand that. Either way, the Mexicans aren't afraid of African Americans either, and you are by the way mispresenting the history of African Americans, they were never worriers, they were slaves. The Africans from the early civilizations of Africa which derived from varios distinct regional tribes were "warriors" if that's what you want to consider them, the fact is the majority of these tribes were peaceful people and didn't really have any conflicts between them until the Anglo appeared there. It's interesting how in centuries of living amongst each other that no serious conflict ever errupted until the Anglos came along. Think they could hve had something to do with it? Now think again if they could have something to do with these porblems you are talking about between African Americans and Mexicans. They derived from a great civilization as well, just as the Africans possesed, they to had various tribes, interesting there too how the biggest conflicts that emergred was when the Anglo made himself present there, same thing happend amongst the American Indians. Is this all just coincidence, or a well experienced devil at work? You tell me. If so, who's the real enemy here? The one sitting back being amused watching the show counting all the green while the puppets kill each other in a never ending endless cycle of unconscious bliss.

Like you said to me... THINK ON THIS ONE

THINK PEACE NOT VIOLENCE

Sincerely,

Guaili

Guaili, first of all, I know all of this.

Who do you think I am? Some blind, young kid who hasn't really learned anything about life?

I get around in cyber and much of what you're talking about in regards to the CIA and the covert operations of mind tactics against minorities is currently being discussed in various circles in the African American community. We know what happened with the Black Panthers. We know about Fred Hampton. Do you really think shooting him over 100 times-while sleeping, in the middle of the night, was necessary to act out a search warrant?

The conspiracies of the drug epidemic and now using the census figures to advertise how much the Latino population is going to push blacks out is just another tactic.

Yes, sweety, I understand more than what you think...

Why then aren't Mexicans getting the BIG PICTURE!!!

They are just being used as pawns in a bigger game than what many of them know.

As for what you said about working with coalition groups; you apparently make the mistake that all people make in assuming that the black community is a monolithic one. We are not, but what is important in your commentary is that we both agree that the minds of our youth are being poisoined and it's a responsibility of all in our parallel communities to lead them and be examples that they will follow.

White men run and control the media; they have found a new way to assault and victimize and that is through the power of the pen. Yes, propoganda was the first weapon of the Nazis and we all know what happened next, don't we.

True, my brother, we must use more intelligent tactics and that my friend is using INFORMATION to outsmart, outmaneuver and outTHINK the enemy.

Comment

Government
                      Education
                      Religion (Organized)
                      Media

The GERM that plagues mankind.

Comment

You just answered your own question Truthangel...

WHY AREN'T MEXICANS GETTING THE BIG PICTURE?

What do you think may be the reason, Truthangel? You are an extremely bright woman....why do you think Mexicans who dislike African-Americans don't get the big picture? Is it lack of education? Negative media? Limited Social Interaction? Anglo manipulation and propaganda?

If this is true, what can the AA community do to combat these things? Also, you must realize that many in the AA community are equally ignorant of Mexican history and life and cultural values...and as such they need to be educated as well about where Mexicans are coming from. The only Mexicans coming to the USA in general terms are the least educated, least skilled, and the most desperate of Mexican society. There are tremendous intellectuals and statespeople in Mexico with much information and a thorough grasp of history and circumstances....but they are not in general the ones running accross the border Truthangel. The ones running accross the border are the ones unable to find decent work in Mexico due to many reasons....bad crops, poor small farm lands in which they are no longer able to eek out a living, or from huge urban centers in which unemployment is sky high and they have zero skills to trade with. Mexicans who are excellent mechanics, businesspeople and etc. stay put in Mexico....the ones that are mobile are the ones who have very limited opportunities or zero opportunities in Mexico. Mexico is not a first world country with plenty of social safeguards and support systems Truthangel, it is a harsh economy with a survival of the fittest a la worst of capitalism style economy. And many Mexicans who make it to the states want to send money home to their little towns and villages, or home cities to their families. The Mexican economy is very dependent on this external flow of money from abroad. Therefore it is logical that the ones here in the USA who accept cheap labor and abhor African Americans are people who are used to surviving with oppressive and extremely bad working conditions, and who see AA people as a threat to their security or as lazy people who have it easy compared to their life circumstances....they do not understand Anglo/African American history or how the elite in the USA has tried to get away from dealing fairly with AA people all these centuries (this is what Guaili labels the "Drones" of the bujwazi, and he is right...but so are many African-Americans falling into this trap too...of thinking that the Mexicans know what the hell is going on with the Gringos and the Morenos in this country [and the AA's would be dead wrong] Mexicans do not know jack about North American history or community relationships within a first world high-tech industrialized circumstance with Jim Crow laws, segregation and history. I remember giving some Mexican nationals a history of slavery and the Civil Rights Movement for a US government and history course I taught a long time ago and they were shocked and horrified of everything and many had the most prejudiced and closed attitudes towards AA's and when they learned and did the recommended readings in Spanish and the exercises, their attitudes towards AA's turned around 180 degrees. True story Truthangel). They are drones because they are ignorant of the inner workings of politics, economics and history of this country and...they don't understand the unique circumstances of the USA. For their home country's circumstances and history has been basically still unresolved. And after all we are a direct product of our circumstances Truthangel. The Mexican Revolution of 1910, did not fully transform Mexican society the way it should have...the colonialistic and oppressive centuries of Spanish colonialism still hangs heavily over Mexican class systems, and it still dictates who has access to economic and social advancement opportunities Truthangel. The Gachupines (white Mexicans of pure Spanish or European blood) have the highest social positions...while the native Mexican Indian tribes....live in the most vile conditions. It is an apartheid society with a deeply ingrained sense of class division and caste mentality. I personally have met Gachupines (fresitas) from Mexico, and I personally almost hate them....they are as close to South Africa's DeKlerk mentality as you can get....and believe 100% in their innate superiority over the "dark" Indian majority. The fallout of this oppressive system are the mestizos who run accross the border....if you want to hate someone Truthangel hate the Gachupines, the elite rich anglos who invest in slave labor industries in Mexico and gain big profits and are the partners in crime in screwing over the majority of the Mexican working class and underclass. Do not revictimize the victims, you need to educate and elucidate these people...after all they have felt the boot of oppression from their first day of life.

Suki.

P.S. Truthangel, I have friends who come from the humblest origins in Mexico and do the worst jobs in the USA....dishwashing, trashpicking, heavy farm labor, dumping the latrines, cleaning the houses for rich Gringos, taking care of the rich Gringo's children, etc. etc. They are doing the jobs that in the past African-Americans had done en masse...yet they are ignorant as to how the African-Americans had to fight tooth and nail in an organized way to overcome the lack of socioeconomic advancement those traditional "crap" jobs had become....they are just happy to make 7 to 10 times more in salary than they made back home....and to send their "dolares" to their home towns and to their beloved families. What they need is to be organized and to as a huge block fight for their rights and fight for dignity and better opportunities. Which community is more qualified to show them that than the African American organizations and community activists, along with Mexican advocacy groups in focused and determined cooperation? It might sound like a fantasy but as Guaili said MLK was a dreamer after all....lol.

[Edited by Suki on 20th February 2002 at 18:08]

Comment

Now this makes sense...

Suki, once again, you have topped yourself.

My God, you are absolutely brilliant with how you expound on such information.

Are you married to a Mexican? Why do you feel so close to them? I gather that in the manner in which you defend them.

Honestly, I don't hate them. I admire their work ethic. It reminds me of how southern blacks worked their behinds off during the Jim Crow era and how they transplanted that ethic in jobs during the Great Migration out of the south into northern, industrial areas. Also, like those same southern blacks, there is a strong sense of family and helping one another, so believe me, I relate to them on these issues.

However, if there was true leadership on both the African American side and Latino; many people could benefit from such a cultural exchange, but someone has to make the first step. We both fight the same battle and like the Native Americans, Mexicans are going to be used and thrown away with nothing.

I will take to heart what you've said and I will relay your message to my peers.

Hopefully, something constructive will evolve between the two communities.

Comment

Truthangel,

I am happily married to a fellow beautiful Puerto Rican man.

Oh, Truthangel you are so right about their work ethic, and also right about how they are going to be used and discarded and thrown away....but they are still clinging to the belief in American fair play and opportunities (after all that is what Uncle Sam decievingly advertises all over the world) how great and fair they are to newcomers of all kinds....hahaha.

Ruben Blades once said that the American Dream was about as real as a Hollywood set....you open the door and there are no doors, walls and maybe some furniture lying around but when it starts raining the roof either does not exist, leaks heavily or caves in....always nice hearing from you.

I lived and worked and studied and did many things in Mexico...it is my second homeland and I love her.....

Suki.

Comment

Suki.

"...For instance, the press comes within the scope of ideology. Some people say that the press has no class nature and is not an instrument of class struggle. They are mistaken."
                              -MAO TSE-TUNG

(Esta tipa aquí lo dice pero no lo sabe. Es como tirar piedras a la luna, que nunca alcanzamos.)

Cuidate Suki... y espero que te encuentres bien

se te quiere de gratis... Guaili

Comment

Working...
                              X