Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Mexicans and blacks in L.A. on the verge of rioting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J-ROD said:"LA LIBERACION, VIENE CON EDUCACION" EDUCATE!"

Haven't I MENTION THAT???
    That's what I've been saying all along to my people. To get educated and regardless of what they do, doesn't have to involved politics, to give it their best because that's the best way to bring up our people into a higher level were we don't depend on the white system to have control over us, practice injustice and follow their rules.

You J-ROD need to read all my post before you come here running your illiterate mouth around like the dumb ass that you are. Education is the key for our success, I wrote that on every post. You come here trying to make a statement that I have already mention. What are you trying to pull?

I'm guessing you're not Mexican. Therefore, I'll treat you like any other hater that doesn’t know anything better but not believe on fellow minority dreams of having power (which we are taking step by step) I'll just ignore you.

You brought up all type of statistics of drop-outs, drugs, gangs, etc. And you know what? Is true our people struggle in daily basis on these issues. However, we making great advancement in the good side. Many cities are now been run by "Latinos" more specifically Mexicans here in southern CAli. We are making our numbers in universities increase and our population is just growing.

Despite our advancement we have a long way to go but the main point about all this is that we’re already making the movement forward in the system and in many other fields. This will help eventually our fellow people take the same footsteps.

There's still many Mexicanos/Chicanos in the west that are not aware of this advancement and believe their only way of survival on this prejudice civilization is gangs and violence. Or the "why stay in school if I’m not going to be given the opportunities white's receive"

Trust me I know plenty of my homies that don’t know not even one name of a Mexican politician in power even thou our numbers within the system are in great quantities.

All we need to do is become more aware of what is going on and how we can actually do something now that we have an advantage and that would be our people been the largest minority. We're getting there. Sooner or Later.

RAZA GET INVOLVED DON'T LET PEOPLE LIKE J-ROD PUT YOUR DREAMS DOWN. IF THERE'S A BEGINNING TO OUR ADVANCEMENT, IT'S NOW THAT WE HAVE OUR PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS. REMEMBER THAT NO ONE WILL GIVE YOU POWER. YOU NEED TO WAKE UP AND WORK FOR IT. IF WE WAIT FOR THEM TO GIVE IT TO US, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. GET INVOLVED AND BE AWARE OF YOUR LOCAL/NATIONAL POLITICS, THAT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO OUR PEOPLE'S ADVANCEMENT ON TODAY'S WORLD. OF COURSE YOU CAN ALWAYS DO WHATEVER ELSE YOU DESIRE TOO AND GIVE IT YOUR BEST, HOWEVER, LIKE I MENTION TO GIVE OUR PEOPLE THAT BOOST, INVOLVEMENT AND BEEN AWARE OF YOUR LOCAL/NATIONAL POLITICS WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE BECAUSE WE LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD. THAT'S WHY OUR RAZA WENT THROUGH HUGE RACISM AND SEGREGATION ALONG WITH BLACKS BACK IN THE DAYS BEFORE THE 60'S WHEN THERE WERE ONLY A FEW OF US AND OUR VOICES WERE MUTE. NOW WE ARE MOVING UP AND STRONG LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. LATERS!

"POWER IS NOT GIVEN TO YOU, YOU TAKE IT"-BERT CORONA
    soon to be back up: http://www.MEXICANKAOZ.NET
    More of me at for now at: http://www.angelfire.com/la3/mex

Comment

To Pinky and the Brain...chitlan

Reading your reaction to my post just proves my point. With all your education, travels, and intellect, you still show your childish mentality with your name calling and insults. It goes to show that it is either your way or the highway. How are you better than the ones you are so inclined to fight? How can you rule when you can't rule yourself? I have absolutely nothing against the Latinos and our advancement, I just wanted to point out that the only way to a better tomorrow for us, is through EDUCATION, and the way we are going, the future looks really sad, let along, people inciting violence, and subversive behaviour. I think that we can beat them at their own game, but only when we can come together as a people and become EDUCATED. The stats I mentioned are not only for East L.A., they also apply to Fresno, Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago, and every city that has a large Hispanic population. But like my father use to say, -"No hay mas ciego, que el que no quiere ver"-. Saludos cordiales, JRod.

Comment

To J-Rod:
        Maybe you didn't read the post I wrote to you, huh?, "No hay mas ciego, que el que no quiere ver". Maybe your dad is right and you may be the blind man he's talking about.
        you wrote:
        "every city that has a large Hispanic population. But like my father use to say, -"No hay mas ciego, que el que no quiere ver"-. Saludos cordiales, JRod"

I recommend you travel to latin America and find out for yourself what the reality is. For example, go to Cuba and you'll be surprised to find a policeman in every corner, always ready to protect you. Crime is almost non-existent and nobody uses drugs. Immigrants or tourists are treated with respect and hospitality. Go to middle-sized cities in Mexico like Chihuahua (1 million population), where you can let your kids play safely outside until midnight, where people don't wear tattoos, where youth have fun "llevando serenata" and drinking responsibly, no wild parties. You're a fool if you think, "white americans" are the creators of safe, crime-free cities. In fact, if you go to Cuba or Chihuahua and say you're from the USA, people will always comment about the homicides, gangs, rapes, war, etc. that goes on in the United States. Remember, there are lots of hispanics in the USA, but the GREAT majority of hispanics in the world stays in their home country...they are happy where they are and wouldn't change their quality of life for the crime-infested, war-loving violent american society.
        VIVA MEXICO Y VIVA LATINOAMERICA!

Comment

I mostly agree, however I am told that there is a LOT of crime in Mexico, DF as well as kidnappings, ect. Folks walk with bodyguards and homes are built inside huge tall eletrified walls.

By the same token some small US towns are also as safe as the smaller Mexican towns.

I think crime is a fault of the human condition.

Los recuerdos suelen
          Contarte mentiras

Stanley

Comment

Pinky and the Brain...chitlan

Bro' rubahernandez, when I talk about -"any city with large Hispanic populations"-, I'm talking about cities in the USA, not Latin America. Your assessment of conditions in Cuba sounds a little ficticious or maybe wishful thinking, (for lack of a better term). I know a few million Cubans that would disagree with you. But then again, Cuba is not the issue, the issue is that Latinos here in the USA are not setting the example. We are a people of very high morals, hard working, and as intelligent as any, but if you go to some Latino neighborhoods in the USA, all that, is put in doubt. I think that all this talk about racism, descrimination, and -"blame it on the white people mentality"-, has to be replaced with positive thinking, EDUCATION, and the vision for a better future for us as this country's guests. "Knowledge IS Power"...Saludos cordiales, JRod.

Comment

TO J-ROD

TO J-ROD :
              This is the last time I post on this board (this discussion is useless). You said : "any city with large Hispanic populations", that's why I wanted to clarify that not all cities with hispanics populations have the same problems that cities with hispanic populations in the US have. I apologize but my "hispanic world" is not limited to the US like most americans', including you. When someone says "Hispanic", I think about a Cuban, Mexican, Dominican, Spaniard, Argentinian, bolivian, etc. that lives in any of those countries, looks white, yellow, black, etc. and can be a doctor, scientist, artist, mason, bus driver, student, teacher, etc. However, most americans and hispanics living in the US, believe a "hispanic" can only be a dark skinned gang member relaxing on the porch waiting for his drunk dad to come home and hit his fat wife named Maria. Wake up America! Now, what i mentioned about Cuba is true. I recognize there are BIG problems there but Castro is also leading the world as far as public safety goes. Not to mention his GREAT acomplishments in FREE quality education from pre-school to college. Cuba is a poor country but is also the safest country in America (this word means the american continent but has been monopolized by the americans to refer to the US). It is probably the only country where not even the police will dare to assault you as a tourist. I'm surprised that you know "a few million Cubans" that would disagree with me. I don't know so many cubans but the few dozens I saw in Havana looked very happy dancing on the street and relaxing at the malecon while their kids laughed and played. I did see poverty, if not having a car or brand name clothing is your concept of poverty. However, who needs a car if you can have more fun and do exercise by riding a bicycle? not to mention you don't need to worry about car payments, expensive repairs, insurance, etc. Who needs to wear brand name clothes if nobody else does? Regarding the importance of education, I agree with you!

Comment

I guess you cannot miss what you never had. That is why keeps his people in the dark.

You also give the impression that every single hispanic in the USA is a low class individual when compared to the rest of Latin America Hispanics. That may be true in many instances, but one must not generalize as they are many well to do and highly educated Latins in the USA. You must also realize that the very poor may have a better outlook in the USA than in their home land whereas the very rich do not have that economic incentive to leave.

Los recuerdos suelen
                Contarte mentiras

Stanley

Comment

Ok Crime is what this topic is all about now and I will join the discussion.
                  First I will bring up to everyone her that CRIME is a problem that skyrockets in economic difficulties. Mexico along with the rest of Latin America goes through this problem.
                  The U.S. with it's economic success through out the years has made crime decline.
                  To conclude this paragraph, economically decline will result in higher crimes. Why do we have a high crime of "Latinos" in the U.S regardless of good economic standards? Because "Latinos" are the ones who get the left over of whatever is left of the richest that first the upper white rich class spoils on. If we're lucky will get our share, if not we don't, most of our people are in the lowest class that receive less the money. However some races for some reason involved in crime more than other despite the equal economical struggle or success and that would be Blacks.

I myself have experience this {robbed by 2+ blacks} many times either after school or getting off the bus while going home from work. And I know I'm not the only one. Yes, these words might be hard to you the reader if your the type that hides the negative ways of certain people. I'm just been realistic and saying what I and other have experience.
                  Even politicians know all this but the difference from people in high places and me is that they have a lot to gain and if they even bright up the slightest negative about something they will lose votes or whatever they have to gain. Especially if the people's vote is needed. Just look at proposition 187 that denied education and health care to immigrants mainly Mexicans in California.

Is a different subject but reflects the prejudice of people over another especially like I have mention before when one particular people is growing at greater numbers than the rest. There's always that threat of losing power or territory by the new comers.

Anyway back to the Crime issue. Even Black comedians have "jocked" around about how much crime blacks commit. For example I heard one say:"why only white people see UFO's? Why not a black men see UFO's? Because they know if they land in the hood, they get JACK!!!" everyone starts laughing nonstop, oh but don't let it be heard from a non-black men because they get insulted.

So IM not saying that only blacks "jack" or commit crime but they have won the reputation of having the greatest numbers. I'm happy to say that we Mexicans even thou have won the reputation of settling for low minimum wage, they want to keep that job and give it their best or the innocent job that many laugh at which is selling fruit or food in corners, it's funny for most but that tells you how we are dedicated to earn decent money by good means.

Of course this would most likely be Mexicans that recently come to the U.S as illegal immigrants and would take anything for anything at longest they earn U.S dollars to feed their families which most is their primary goal.

But look at world with realistic eyes and you'll see what IM talking about. Even back in the days of colonization the Spaniards recorded how much the Africans weren't good for nothing such as raising crops or follow order but to steal and do lazy work.

About the laziness i have also experience it at work and many have told me the same without me saying nothing at all for the fact that i don't like saying this kind of issues in person because we all know that even thou it's true and most would agree, it's wrong, I don't like putting people down regardless of been true and obviously not cause me any problems because if i would open my mouth about them anytime they did something wrong I know I would always have problems.

Now many people prefer to stay quiet but again that's because they don't want to be seen as racist or prejudice so they'll just ignore it.

About crime in Mexico City of course there's high crime but again I go back to my point of when there low economic process there's high crime committed. And c'mon we are talking about Mexico City the largest City if not the second largest in the world. With it's enormous population it will obviously have greater problems in any way, such as stealing, drugs, prostitution, etc., but this country, the U.S, white America also have these problems, so obviously any other country with economic crisis, corruption and high population in one certain area will result in greater numbers. However there's many town or small cities that go throu this economic problems yet they don't do none of these crimes.

Comment

But look at world with realistic eyes and you'll see what IM talking about. Even back in the days of colonization the Spaniards recorded how much the Africans weren't good for nothing such as raising crops or follow order but to steal and do lazy work.

What would you call anyone who makes such a remark about another ethnic group?

You tell me; what kind of person talks like that?

Los recuerdos suelen
                    Contarte mentiras

Stanley

Comment

Well if you are looking for the word "racist" to say to me, go ahead. I know very well I'm not racist I'm just a realistic person that even thou i say the negative ways of one racial group i will also mention their good. And even thou I talk the truth about the negative side of one group i still socialized with them when they speak to me. Racism is not seen in my eyes i can tell u that much. It may be noticible when i speak but trust me is not to offend anyone I'm just saying the truth of what i observed. I dont mind when other people talk about the negative side of mexicans at longest they are true and dont go pass the ignorant line because we all have negative side but different groups have greater negatives than good. And people are just afraid to speak about them because like i mention they dont want to be seen as racist or predujice. Me, i dont care how they see me by but a person that even thou you'll get upset of what i'll tell you, later you will agree of what i said.
                      that's just how I am. Is it bad? Maybe. but i also know when and when not to speak what i feel, in order to gain something or not offend anyone for particular reasons.

VIVA LA RAZA MEXICANA SOMOS LOS MAS CHINGONES AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!! I THOUGH YOU KNEW FOO!!!???
                      http://www.ANGELFIRE.COM/LA3/MEX

Comment

I know many blacks who are hard working highly intelligent people; you are generalizing. I suggest you hold those thoughts as in the end they will not put forth your agnda and in the end it makes you look small. In my experience racist folks rend to have an axe to grind or feel inadequate, hence the need to put someone else down. A tryly great person does not need to put others down to elevated himself. SOme say that for a person to be a racist he or she must have a position of power. And that the same discrimination from a person who is powerless is therefore harmless. For example someone who is in a position of hiring someone for a job can cause damage with his racist views whereas a street homelesss cannot do so. I urge you to analyze your views and to try to get rifd of that prejudice.

Los recuerdos suelen
                        Contarte mentiras

Stanley

Comment

You mention:"I know many blacks who are hard working highly intelligent people; you are generalizing. I suggest you hold those thoughts as in the end they will not put forth your agnda and in the end it makes you look small."

I knew you were going to bring up something like this. And you know what? I dont know how else put it to you. I know there many blacks that are hard working and intelligent trust me i know. However, many more blacks go throug more criminal life. "Stealing" or also know of having bad behavior such as been to loud and dirty in front of other people. They just dont care what other people might say about them and they take pride on that! I can understand in other matter when one doesnt care what others say about one's personality or lifestyle. but Blacks go a little bit to far and again we see it in many black comedy movies.

The only difference is that when a Mexican like me or white person or anyone else that isnt black talk about these Negative ways of normal life they get offended. Look I've attended school with them and even thou they were some nice, calm and respectful black people the majority would be some loud, disrespectful and having nasty habits suchs as spitting in front of others (especially the girls thats one thing i really dislike and looks unattractive from a lady but then again thats them) spitting is something you dont do anywhere. They scream in your face like if you were deaf andthey dont care they use high profanity (ladies) the black woman take pride in been a "strong black womam" but they go to far as acting like a male role. well these are some details. In addition, when i work with them in my last employment they were highly classified as the most problematic of all and laziness. Now the customers (blacks)For anything they would pick a fight especially with a non black person either for the line of customer service, quality and quantity of service. They feel they have to be first attend for reason that truly i dont know only they believe it like that. The employees were always lazy and didnt feel have to do a good job but a sloppy one. Everyone complain and i know i'm not the only one or live by the only one's that are like that this was in my work place that was located in a nice urban area with no "ghettoness" or things that would make you believe the people are "civilized". Now where i live (compton) is where the most black population exist around all the L.A area which is primary Mexican and other small minority like asian,etc. So compton is know for this crazyness that was brought up by blacks. Mexicans are now almost half of the population of compton and increases at a fast pace and there some difference for good. Im not saying we making it better because they are too many gang and violence cause by Mexicans but our lifestyles as Mexicans hard working people and more conservative in our family's are changing the face of Compton. This has been recalled by black community leaders as seen more mexican mom's and their kids walking more often on the streets therefore a decline in street violence seen. Back in the 90's when it was most populated by blacks you couldnt walk the streets of fear of been shot, robbed, etc. There was a high crime period and now has decline. Like i mention before crime increases in economic difficulties but when blacks are involved on this crisis they tend to be more of a "rebel" like that dont care about anything even when the economy is good. well those are my words and what..????is true! U can reply with anything about Mexicans at longest is true im coo!laters
                          (excuse my spelling didnt have time to double check)

Comment

Sorry, my post is also full of types, didn't have time to check it.

I see your point, but I still suggest some political correctness. Benjamin Franklin once said not to talk bad about anyone because eventually it comes back to bite you. The blacks you described are highly frustrated people who feel rejected by society ar large. I have talk to many blacks and it is clear that they have to deal with a lot more crap than Latinos do. All you have to do is socialize with a black from another country and you will see that there is a temendous bitterness in some American Blacks due to years of harsh discrimination. IN addition a lot of these black men do not have the concept of a father. The overwhelming majority only have a mother. It is rare to find black men with a strong father. But, when you do there is always a positive influence. I don't deny your observations, I have seen some of that, but you must try to understand their condition. BTW, these nasty behavior can also be observed in other ethnic groups.

Los recuerdos suelen
                            Contarte mentiras

Stanley

Comment

Blacks in Cuba

You're right Stanley! Society is what has made SOME blacks like that (not all of them) as well as some hispanics too, and whites and people from every minority in the United states. Since the politics of the United States is to divide people into races and deny every type of opportunities to poor people, blacks and hispanics, being the poorest in this country, are forced to be placed at the bottom of the social ladder. Who likes to be down there? NOBODY! That's why people begin to behave like that. If you take a look at Cuba, where a black man has the same opportunity to become a doctor or lawyer than a white man, you'll see that there's not much difference between the behavior of a white man and that of a black man. That's one of the GOOD things of communism. By the way, I'm not a follower of Castro, but since my trip to Cuba I learned that communism has some very positive things which might improve a capitalist country like the USA. One of them is OPPORTUNITY for poor students that want to go to college and can't afford to pay $40,000. I think the government should give us the right to get a decent education without having to spend a dime, because I believe education is a basic human right. As an interesting fact, Cuba offers hundreds of scholarships to poor american students who want to become doctors. The scholarship not only covers 100% of tuition and books but also food and shelter. That's interesting since we're talking about one of the poorest countries in the world, isn't it? Not to mention Cuba's economy has endured more than 40 years of a blockade by the country where these students come from, the USA.
                              Viva Mexico y Viva Latinoamerica! Vivan los Estados Unidos y la gente que ha hecho a este gran pais, LOS INMIGRANTES!

Comment

Sure, every system has advantages and disadvantages. My only concern with communism is the lack of freedom and the inability to create wealth. This are some beautiful lyrics which illustrate the good things:

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
                                It's easy if you try,
                                No hell below us,
                                Above us only sky,
                                Imagine all the people
                                living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
                                It isn't hard to do,
                                Nothing to kill or die for,
                                No religion too,
                                Imagine all the people
                                living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
                                I wonder if you can,
                                No need for greed or hunger,
                                A brotherhood of man,
                                Imagine all the people
                                Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
                                but Im not the only one,
                                I hope some day you'll join us,
                                And the world will live as one.
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Writen by: John Lennon

SERÍA FANTÁSTICO
                                Sería fantástico que andara equivocao y que el vater no estuviera ocupao. Que hiciera un buen día y que no nos engañaran en el peso. Que San Pedro, pagándole, no cantara. Sería fantástico que nada fuera urgente. No pasar nunca de largo y servir para algo. Ir por la vida sin cumplidos llamando a las cosas por sus nombre. Cobrar en especies y sentirse bien tratado y mearse de risa y dejar volar la fantasía. Sería todo un detalle, todo un síntoma de urbanidad, que no perdiesen siempre los mismos y que heredasen los desheredados. Sería fantástico que ganara el mejor y que la fuerza no fuera la razón. Que se instalara en el barrio el paraíso terrenal. Que la ciencia fuera neutral. Sería fantástico no pasar por el tubo. Que todo fuera como está mandado y nadie mandara. Que llegara el día del sentido común. Encontrarse como en casa en todas partes. Poder ir distraído sin correr peligro. Sería fantástico que todos fuéramos hijos de Dios. Sería un buen detalle y todo un gesto, por tu parte, que coincidiéramos, te dejaras convencer y fueras tal como yo te he imaginado.

Joan Manuel Serrat

Los recuerdos suelen
                                Contarte mentiras

Stanley

Comment

Working...
                                X