Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Mexicans and blacks in L.A. on the verge of rioting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElGringoAmericano
    replied
    s3xy, Since Puerto Rico is an American Commonwealth they also contributed to those above statistics. Thank you for your contributions.

El Gringo Americano

Leave a comment:

• s3xy
    replied
    Originally posted by ElGringoAmericano
    Calamus, How can Puerto Rico be the greatest nation in the world if it is an American Territory? I think what you meant to say is that Puerto Rico is the greatest American territory in the world. Congradulations you beat out Guam and the U.S Virgin Islands for that Spot.

and If you want to blame the liberalization of Puerto Rican teenagers (which was badly needed in the first place) dont blame American Rap music , blame that horrible Reggeaton Crap. This goes back to what I said earliar about blaming the Americans for everything in Puerto Rico. One day you and your fellow Puerto Rican people will have to take responsibliity for your own problems. Try to set yourself free from that Colonial victimization outlook.

Sincerely yours
    El Gringo Americano

70% of USA is overweight
    35% of USA is obese
    USA leads the world in anxiety, single house holds, divorce rates, teen age pregnancy and divorce rates

You need to worry about your country first, before you dick ride Puerto Rico.

Leave a comment:

• ElGringoAmericano
    replied
    Calamus

Calamus, How can Puerto Rico be the greatest nation in the world if it is an American Territory? I think what you meant to say is that Puerto Rico is the greatest American territory in the world. Congradulations you beat out Guam and the U.S Virgin Islands for that Spot.

and If you want to blame the liberalization of Puerto Rican teenagers (which was badly needed in the first place) dont blame American Rap music , blame that horrible Reggeaton Crap. This goes back to what I said earliar about blaming the Americans for everything in Puerto Rico. One day you and your fellow Puerto Rican people will have to take responsibliity for your own problems. Try to set yourself free from that Colonial victimization outlook.

Sincerely yours
    El Gringo Americano
    Last edited by ElGringoAmericano; 20th July 2005, 21:02.

Leave a comment:

• Calamus
    replied
    Black Rap, P.R. adapt . . .

Ive been comming here (P.R.) for only four years (Read my first post under "Guest Book" - "There a small Cafe") At first it was a great relief to not see or hear Black Americans with thier constant claims for "retribution for slavery" and the constant "How to have sex with extacy drugs" ( I must be predjudiced ) And though I see only one Black person per week in western Puerto Rico, I hear the same "How to have sex with extacy drugs" , now from the young Boriquas. Puerto Rico is over populated and it is easy for new fads to take over quickly. Warning Padres. Black Rap is taking over the island and we may loose the "innocence" of Puerto Rican culture to "Los Estatajentes Negros" In the states I heard over and over again the propaganda that we are the greatest nation on Earth, a melting pot where all ethnic groups are equal and all "Americans". The ethnic groups in the states are in reality full of hatred for each other. Discrimination is common between the Cubans, the Rednecks, The Ricans, The working people hate the rich and everybody hates the Mexicans. Brace yourselves, its comming here too. I wish I could learn to think positive but, reality gets in the way. Logos - Maricao, P.R.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by s3xy
    lol, black americans obsess over white also.

The lighest skin black americans they can find, he's getting TV time and media exposure, the darkest people get put in the closet, you only see them in the streets, where they massively populate the area

Black Americans are the most racist people I ever met, they hate everyone, including themselves.

I almost totally agree with that last statement, and half my family is "Black American" don't know where that came from, but it is true.

However, it is not as if that's not true of Boricuas or Mexicanos or anyone else... not all are, but there are increasingly more in each group because people are just flat out SELFISH nowadays, regardless of who you are.

Do you mean to tell me you'd have all this stuff in your mind about a "Black American" or a Puerto Rican who "looks Black" when you see him? And if his t-shirt is a certain size, or he walks a certain way or listens to his music at a certain decibel level, that you'd automatically formulate an opinion about him (i.e. lumping him in with the SCOURGE of Black America, constantly being depicted on BET and MTV -- HIP HOP GOONS *ehem, "artists") but you'd overlook the exact same things in a fellow Boricua and think nothing of it?

You're not saying it in as many words, but that's what it seems. And I know plenty of Boricuas (right here LIVE where I am living right now) who think that way. It's sad. Where did this selfishness and ELITIST attitude come from with my people???

Leave a comment:

• s3xy
    replied
    lol, black americans obsess over white also.

The lighest skin black americans they can find, he's getting TV time and media exposure, the darkest people get put in the closet, you only see them in the streets, where they massively populate the area

Black Americans are the most racist people I ever met, they hate everyone, including themselves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My mother moved us to LA from Michigan in 1965. The Mexican people I interacted with were students at school, neighbors,etc. Like most other races and nationalities there were those that disliked Blacks and those that hated Gringos.If you made an attempt to communicate in Spanish it was appreciated by those who did not speak English. The older generations seem to be on the whole friendly.
    People back then said terrible things about Mexicans like what was said about Blacks. '..dirty, lazy, dumb, stupid. I saw people insult and disrespect a Mexican person right in front of his/her face. The person being disrespected bowed his head and apologized.He smiled and went back to work.

The generation that is here now reminds me of Blacks in the 60's. Proud of their culture and ready for any crap you want to dish out, sick and tired of bein' sick and tired. Mexicans are working hard to show that they are anything but dumb. Like the older generation of Blacks that grinned and did a tap dance for da boss,smiling doesn't necessarily mean your happy.

I can't say there is going to be a riot here but there does seem to be a more "in your face" attitude and a woman I know says there are Mexicans that say they hate ******s but it's not a majority. Mostly younger people.

I still believe in treating people the way I want to be treated.If they choose to still dislike me, that's on them.
    ess

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brothers and sisters what are you thinking? Taking over, going to war with each other. What manner of madness is this? It blows my mind that this much venom exists between our cultures. (Latinos y Blacks) TELL ME ONE THING. WHAT THE HECK WILL IT PROSPER EITHER SIDE? LATINOS, THESE BLACK PEOPLE THAT YOU HATE ARE NOT YOUR ENEMIES! BLACK PEOPLE, THESE LATINOS THAT YOU HATE ARE NOT YOUR ENEMIES! I'm fed up! We must be the two dumbest races of people on planet earth. Have we not learned anything from history. Hoodwinked our ancestors and now hoodwinking us. I know that these ideas cannot be representative of the whole. Reasonable people stand up to this nonsense. I read it somewhere on this site. It was called "clash of the drones." Then I got to thinking. Don't they all SERVE THE QUEEN within the hive hierarchy?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hola mi amigos y amigas

There is something that you do not understand about the powers-that-be. It is something that most Black folks already know. When you start to win the game, they will change the rules on you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Que ea rayoys???

Originally posted by La_Bambina
    Originally posted by Stanley
    Ecuatoriano... La Bambina anda buscando marido----------- TÚn cuidado!

Bendito!!! Si son los hombres que necesitan a nosotras las mujeres mas. Los hombres necesitan que una mujer le cocima, que le plancha, que le cuida a la casa, que le hace todas las cosas en la casa, pensar y hacer decisiones financiales para el hombre, todo! Para que tener un hombre? Que chico? Para engancharme un cuadro por la pared o cortarme la grama, eso lo hago yo y no necesito a un hombre pa' que me joda la vida. Estoy bien como estoy, gracias Stanley, pero no busco ningun marido. Chico, no inventes! Chao!
    Hey I agree wit that a Women that could cook and clean all men need that! lol not being a machista or anything...well yeah I am but hey can you blam me! lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Negrito y Ecuatoriano...

Originally posted by La_Bambina
    Es muy importante no reaccionar del mismo bajo nivel que este individuo tan separatista y racista. Es muy importante reconocer que todos somos iguales y todos tenemos buenas cualidades e imperfecciones como todo ser humano, algunos tienen mas imperfecciones como este individuo negativo con un nivel de intelecto aun mas bajo del promedio de ignorante tipico, lol.

Es muy importante demostrar que no somos ignorantes tal como el. Lo que personas como el (que viven del odio), lo que quieren hacer es sembrar una plaga de odio entre la gente buena y positiva.

Ecuatoriano, mejor no hacerle caso. Me alegra mucho que usted este tan orgulloso de sus raices, pero un consejo, esa imagen que usted tiene de la bandera ecuatoriana es muy grande y con imagenes asi de ese tamano, se requiere mucho tiempo para bajar la informacion de la pagina que uno quiere accesar, y la pagina hasta se puede frizar. Estoy segura de que usted puede encontrar una imagen mas pequena, si no, avisame y le ayudo. De que parte de Ecuador es usted? De la costa o de la sierra? Guayaquil es una ciudad muy bella y me gusta ver fotos de ella. Me gusta mucho como los ecuatorianos preparan los mariscos, es para chuparse los dedos. Soy muy nacionalista puertorriquena, pero tambien soy internacionalista y creo en la hermanidad latinoamericana. Creo que usted piensa igual por razon que estas en una pagina de internet de mi lindo pais, Puerto Rico, y tambien practica la capohera, una arte brazilena. Chevere! Mucho gusto. Chao!
    you are right how could I let it get the best of me...
    I should ask myself what would che do in my postion?
    I'm Impressed you know about my Motherland. anyone that apreciates my land has a place in my heart. well I'm from La Tacunga! which near the coast but not to far inland in other words its at a perfect location!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that hispanic/indian culture will never get along totally with black culture. I am algerian arab woman from north africa. I come from an country where the black/white mixture is comprarable with puerto rico or brazil.

We have a large country populated in the north by spanish muslims who fled spanish persecution "La reconquista" and the spanish inquisition before and after 1492. They are mostly mediteranean type.

We have also afro-berber from the oasis who are a mixture of berber and blacks who always lived in the oasis before the arrival of arabs in that region and all those races mixt together.

We dont have problem with blacks because we live in africa and they are part of our heritage. Mexicans have no mixt with blacks and they are mostly from spanish-indians heritage.

Native indians are considered mongoloid or part of the asian race. Asians dont easily get along well with blacks but they prefer the own or white european. I think that mexicans and most central americans are racist because of there asian root.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think one can argue until kingdom come about if God exists or not. I am not interested in that. What I am interested in, is why....WHY people believe in things that are not provable and scientifically measureable. And how some aspects of science have similar premises with the construction of human symbolic beliefs and rituals and psychological theories, within social psychology and within philosophy too. But, la gente se ponen a pelear y juzgar. I hate that, when you are trying to communicate and draw a picture of your own world view on the big questions....such is what is life? What is meaning? Who we are as human beings and how does change happen? What is greater the planet or humanity's ability to change or bypass natural law? And when they do---attempt to change natural laws what are the consequences? What are the mysteries of nature? How do explain consciousness.....I wish I could talk of it. But my trust for exploring such themes without having people become argumentative and such has been destroyed.....I don't know. Maybe you and I Joshue can discuss it in some quiet area of the forum.

Suki.

Joshue, I really have to trust someone emotionally for me to tell them my 'mythology'. And nothing turns me off to that more than people who pass judgements and start calling me names like murderer and stuff. It turns me off. And I shut down. And decide it aint worth trying to talk about the mythological or ritualistic and world view one has about what is happening there....only people who are good listeners and give me some kind of loving acceptance can I be open about that aspect of myself with. Leticia g, and a couple of others have that ability. I don't know if I trust you Joshue for that. So, I will be technical. Only.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Para Suki

Originally posted by Joshue
    Suki de acuerdo a Stanley y Eddier you follow Hinduism.
    I am sorry, i know this is not the subject, but i am interested to know more about Hinduism, can you let me know a couple of good sources, i look in the web there is a lot of stuff, but you actually follows it. I think as a source you are better because of experience.

Suki: I am primarily a Yogist. And Hinduism the kind practiced in Puerto Rico is not traditional at all. We don't come from that traditional culture and dowry and arranged marriages, and caste systems...what we have done is take what works. The physical exercises, transcendental meditation and different schools of Yoga, and the really excellent explanations of human behavior and patterns and made it into a viable system to live by. Only what is functional. I can talk to you about it. But in the religion forum.

I got my heart broken by some people I 'loved' in cyberspace by their intolerance for anything not orthodox points of view. And it taught me to not speak anymore about private experiences within meditation and within philosophical ideas in Eastern practices. Best reserved for those who don't judge others harshly. I hope you are one of the non-judgemental types.

What I feel and think about who we are as human beings. And how I see the world. I will keep private. Because otherwise, you are forced to get belicose with people who you don't want to get belicose with. Joshue, they don't understand how you can love them and understand them and still be different from them. I don't know. I would love to speak to someone who is open minded about metaphysical themes....and what is symbolism, ritual, mythology and faith. But without the my 'myth is better than your myth' religious quarrells.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bambina,
    Me haces reir muchisimo. Y mandale saludos a Guaili con un beso muy grande. El es lindo. Vamos a gozar un dia tu y yo hablando de los hombres en este foro. Lol. Le dare medallas por sus cualidades mas sobresalientes. JAJA.

Y Bambina, a veces los hombres son demasiados agresivos con nosotras. Yo he pasado sustos y Leti y otras mujeres con hombres vulgares y desrespetuosos. De hecho hay incidentes que ocurrieron en Puerto Rico y en EEUU del cual nunca le he dicho a mi marido. Por evitar que el fuera a golpear a alguien y meterse en lios. Hombres violadores y que disfrutan asaltar a las mujeres son unos animales.

Pero esos incidentes hacen que desconfiemos de ellos. Pero en mi caso particular, he tenido tantos ejemplos en mi vida de caballeros preciosos puertorriquenos, que los que son unos vulgares animales son faciles de descartar. Cuidate lindisima Bambina. Eres guapisima. Lol.

Y debes de gozar tu estado de soltera y de libertad plenamente.

Suki.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X