Beauty vs Way out of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty vs Way out of Control

Questionnaire time for you beautiful women out there. I feel that Im an attractive Boriqua with lil make up on. A lil Lipstick and Mascarra and Im out the door. Personally growning up I was never allowed to put the stuff on. (You know how your Papi was.) Latinas have been known by other race to cake the stuff on. How do you feel about your self and if you overdo the makeup why? This is not intended to make fun of anyone of you beautiful ladies out there. Just a general consensus.

It all depends where your going and how you really feel about yourself. Sometimes I feel like looking more natural so I only put a little foundation on to even my skin tone but If I feel like sticking out I wear lipstick, liner, shadow, blush. But I think I look beautiful Either way and real beauty is natural beauty beacause someone who doesn't have to wear makeup to feel good and still looks good is a real beautiful person, but if wearing alot of makeup makes you feel better about yourself why not? your not hurting anybody

[This message has been edited by m.nixon (edited 18 August 1999).]

Comment

I don't normally wear make up. I don't want to sound como una come miel** but I really don't need any type of make up to look good. I thank God tengo una cara bonita. Although I do wear make up when I am sick or when I am going out dancing or a special function. My make up consits of lipstick mascara and sometimes I will wear eyeliner & eye shadow. But I guess everyone feels differently about this topic. I guess is up to the individual to choose what they want.

------------------
      Goofy
      Goofy

Comment

Hey Sister E,
        Well, I also just use mascara and liner and of course foundation when I just need to get out the door. Now, when I'm going out I will add some shadow and always lipstick. When I'm just around the house I'll go pretty much with no makeup. So, I guess it all depends on the situation. Truly the bottom line is...Beauty starts within.

------------------
        Ladybug
        Ladybug

Comment

Society is large on Beauty. Beauty is definatley within!!! Some men perfer thier woman without make up and some men perfer the whole nine yards. I feel that a man should respect his women on how she wants to be, whether its natural or made up.

Comment

Im feelin that Eda alot of times people, women do what is looked upon as cool or this is the new conception of beauty so I have to look like that going from makeup to clothes even to the preception of what your body should look like and no matter how beautiful on the out side you are if you have a bad personality you look so ugly.
            Beauty is only skin deep we're all gonna get old and wrinkly am I right?

[This message has been edited by m.nixon (edited 18 August 1999).]

Comment

I MYSELF USE BASE AND POWDER, BUT I GOT IT DOWN TO MY EXACT SKIN COLOR. I USE IT TO SMOOTHE OUT THE COLOR THEN A LITTLE LIQUID EYELINER TO LAST ALL DAY AND SOME LIPSTICK. I EYELINE MY EYEBROWS ONLY CAUSE SINCE MY PREGNANCY THEY COME OUT REAL LIGHT, NOW MY SISTER, SHE DOES THE WHOLE NINE!!! SHE DOESN'T STEPOUT OF THE HOUSE UNLESS SHE'S PERFECT.. ME, I PUTIT ON IN THE CAR. SHE EVEN PUTS ON MAKEUP TO BE IN THE HOUSE,SHE FEELS NAKED WITHOUT IT IGUESS. MY BIG THING IS WITH MY HAIR. ONCE THE NEWGROWTH COMES IN TIMEFOR THE RELAXER GIRLS!!!

Comment

Yes, I do believe on what we do is for us to feel good about ourselves. Its good for us to feel good about ourselves in Fashion and in Make up. But Latin girls have been given a bad rap for putting on the makeup. We either put to much on, or the color isn't right. Do you know they make makeup for Latin Females now?

Brenda, Is your hair major curly? I cant stand with the Humidity hits the hair all that hard work down the drain. Okay my hairs is curly any suggestions for relaxers? Need some help over here!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Eda (edited 18 August 1999).]

Comment

theres this stuff called cholestorol its 99 cents for a tube its a conditioner but I put a drop in my hair after it dries it works just as good as frizz ezz for about 1/5 of the cost try it its yellow and they have it at every beauty store

Comment

Thanks Nixon for the advice. I will look tomorrow for the cholestorol , willing to give anything a try over here. You know you can spend hours on your hair, and all you need is the sea brezze air or humidity and forget it girlfriend, its all about the hair and I wrestling it out. Guess what the hair usually wins..................I live In California.

Comment

I'M NOT MUCH FOR MAKE UP EITHER. MY MOM NEVER ALLOWED IT WHEN I WAS YOUNGER ANYWAY.
                      BUT IT'S COME TO THE POINT THAT I HATE THE PROCESS OF THE LITTLE THAT I DO WEAR SOMETIMES. SINCE MY EYES ARE LIGHT I TRY TO KEEP THE LEAST THINGS OFF OF THEM. I TRIED THE EYELINER THING & SINCE MY SKIN TONE IS GOLDISH I COULN'T WORK IT. I JUST USE MASCARA
                      SOMETIMES IF I DIDN'T GET ANY SLEEP, I'LL PUT A LITTLE POWDER, & CONCEALER UNDER MY EYES TO COVER THE CIRCLES. LIPSTICK I PUT ON EVERY NOW & THEN TOO. I MEAN I PERSONALLY THINK I'M THE TYPE THAT WILL LOOK LIKE A CLOWN WITH TO MUCH MAKE-UP ON. MY HUSBAND DOESN'T MIND EITHER WAY AROUND, SINCE I DON'T WEAR MUCH ANYWAY. BUT HE'S NOT ONE TO LIKE ALOT OF MAKE-UP. HE SAYS IT'S TO FAKE. I MUST AGREE TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. SOME WOMEN CAN REALLY WEAR IT. I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH HOW YOU PUT IT ON. BUT MY PROBLEM IS FEELING ALL THAT STUFF ON MY FACE. BOTTOM LINE THE MOST YOU'LL SEE ME WHERE IS THE POWDER & CONCEALER (WHICH IS MATCHED SO WELL TO MY FACE THAT IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE I HAVE ANYTHING ON) AND MASCARA & LIPSTICK. THA'S USUALLY IF I'M GOING OUT. THAT'S DECKED OUT TO ME (HAHAHAHA)

------------------
                      STAR ESCOBAR:
                      THE SHINING STAR OF THE
                      CARIBBEAN!
                      STAR ESCOBAR:
                      THE SHINING STAR OF THE
                      CARIBBEAN!

Comment

To each it's own...
                        Personally I only wear Lipstick. Nothing else. The only time I would wear make-up (Foundation) would be if I'm going to some ALL OUT function. Other than that, Lipstick and BYE!

I thank God myself for the type of sking that I have, because I truly don't nor care to wear make-up. I hear you about when we were growing up and make-up. My mom told me I could wear eye liner at 15 and I wasn't interested. It depends on the individual.

Very Good point of beauty being within.
                        If you are ugly within, you bet on it no matter how physically gorgeous you may be, you will for ever be UGLY.

YES???

------------------
                        Mamichula

Mamichula

Comment

You know it seems like alot of us was brought up the old fashion way. Which is all good. People who put makeup on in an early age, thier skin seems to mature alot faster. I look ten years younger than my age, sometimes its scary. But Im learning how to love it. I have a teenage Daughter I dont let her put but maybe lipstick/liner on. I tell her she's a beautiful Person, why cover it up.....We do pass as Sister's ! Its fun....

Comment

Well sometimes i wear eyeliner and lipstick other times I don't wear anything. When i go to a club I do wear Makeup. I think every occasion is different.

------------------
                            SEXYE
                            SEXYE

Comment

Hello Ladies!! I wear lipstick and that's it. Unless I am going to a wedding or something I will wear mascara and eye shadow. But that's it. It's too time consuming . I am not into all that.
                              PRINCESITA

Comment

Working...
                              X