Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Latin men really like Black men?(continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Latin men really like Black men?(continued)

Hello all my latin friends,

I dont know if you really remember this board (counting on it was about a year ago) but im here to continue it.I was browsing through the net for something when i happened to come across this board (the old "Do Latin men really like Black men").....and i really got disgusted about what that "nathan" character was saying about "blacks having no achievements in history without help from the black man".I wanted to bring this board back and shed some knowledge into this little mentally retarded little monrgrol and hopefully some other people too.

So can you people start this conversation once more?????

thanks..

What in the world are you talking about...............

Comment

Ok there seems to be confusion so let me break it down.
      Do Puerto Rican men have any hostile thoughts about black men????This could vary.....from them seeing their women with a moreno.......or it could be something else.I understand that there is a major african influence in pretty much every latin country so i dont know why puerto rican men would have hostile moods and thoughts about black men....can you people post your thoughts im trying to hear from your side.

Comment

Re: ...............

Originally posted by BlackCherokee
        Ok there seems to be confusion so let me break it down.
        Do Puerto Rican men have any hostile thoughts about black men????This could vary.....from them seeing their women with a moreno.......or it could be something else.I understand that there is a major african influence in pretty much every latin country so i dont know why puerto rican men would have hostile moods and thoughts about black men....can you people post your thoughts im trying to hear from your side.

I can speak from both sides of that. As with all stereotypes and generalizations, they are never 100% correct. But there IS some tension. More or else depending on where you live. This "hostility" rarely rears its ugly head in places like New York/New Jersey or Connecticut/Mass - where there are many towns where both blacks and Puerto Ricans (I cringe when I hear some of the things both groups say about one another at times -- I am split both black/PR).

I think women are the ones who get (foolishly) jealous when they see a guy of her ethnicity with a woman who isn't the same "ethnicity" as she is. I have never cared, personally, who a black woman or a puerto rican woman dated, unless she was foolishly dating a white guy as a means of "moving up" or "a mejor la raza". And even then, we only get upset IF we wanted her ourselves. Women, especially blacks and moreso Dominicans -- tend to be the ones who fuss and argue over who dates who and why, blah blah blah. They could ignore the guy for an eternity, but if he doesn't get with one of them -- as if that is a requirement -- they get up in arms. I rarely see a guy black or PR who isn't interested in a particular woman do anything more than maybe look twice when he sees one of "his" women with "another" man. I know I could care less and I can speak for both groups about the hostility thing, because outside of a few immature BOYS you rarely see that either. However, with the influx of boricuas here in the southern US, and the ignorance about anything other than hip hop and black/white only -- yeah, there is some clashing. But that is more culture shock than hostility or anything. Every PR guy I know here is dating/married to a morena. Almost all the mujeres boricua here are with black guys (except the ones con complejos or trying to pass off as white -- as if). Not sure what the basis of this question is, really. (your question probably would've been received differently on DR1.com or something, because Dominicans generally go the other way running when around AAs, but PRs embrace their sangre africano... the ones who have it... more than Dominicans -- for some strange reason.)

Comment

Yeah me personally i am from new jersey and i havent experienced any bad vibes or moods from puerto rican woman out there.....well what about Puerto Rico and most of the latin countries in gerneral.Have you been somewhere where you have encountered racism or bad moods to blacks....what is their thoughts on this subject?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCherokee
            Yeah me personally i am from new jersey and i havent experienced any bad vibes or moods from puerto rican woman out there.....well what about Puerto Rico and most of the latin countries in gerneral.Have you been somewhere where you have encountered racism or bad moods to blacks....what is their thoughts on this subject?

Racism is everywhere. But this is such a tired topic. There have probably been 1,000 threads based on this on "Open Board" check some of the responses there in order to get a pulse of what everyone feels about that.

Personally, I've gotten to the point where whenever I encounter racism or discrimination/prejudice, I laugh at it. Why let it be anything more than a passing thought? Those people are ignorant, and ignorant people aren't worth getting worked up about. I did used to (and sometimes I still do) get upset when PR women would not have anything to do with me because they thought I was just any regular black guy (I am dark brown) even though I am obviously different in appearance and definitely in speech and actions.

But while black people are everywhere in this world, the most racist place is still the United States, IMO. For what it's worth, Europe is so loose about everything that they don't seem to have time to care about the silly nonsense that Americans tend to get caught up in. Racism being one of them. Latin America is not any better, but out of all Caribbean/Latin American countries --I would say Puerto Rico (and Puerto Ricans here stateside) is the least "racist". I think discrimination based on social class and prejudices against blacks base on appearance (as I mentioned before). As odd as it seems -- since both you and I have lived in New Jersey and have seen what I'm about to say first hand -- as much as blacks and PRs are intertwined in NJ and NY, there are still plenty whose only impression of blacks come from TV shows and music videos. And 90% of them project negative images that definitely do not reflect the majority. BUT, impressions are impressions and if anything, that's probably the major source of "hostility" when you DO see it.

Now street gangs and young ignorant fools are a different story. But I'm talking about civilzed human beings.

Comment

Do Latin men really like Black men?

Well, I guess some homosexuals of latin decent like the company of homosexuals who are of AA decent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMastero
                Do Latin men really like Black men?

Well, I guess some homosexuals of latin decent like the company of homosexuals who are of AA decent.

LOL... you KNOW that's not what she meant...

Comment

Working...
                X