Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for penpals in PUERTO RICO

Hi,
    I'm new to this. I've been checking out this site for awhile and decided to join the board hoping to find someone to chat with in or abroad Puerto Rico. Why Puerto Rico? Because I'm interested in knowing more about the cultur, people, music and all the beauty the island has to offer.
    Hope to hear from someone soon.

[Edited by chrdef22 on 15th November 2000 at 14:51]

NOT ONLY IN PUERTO RICO

HEY MAN ONLY THE PEOPLE FROM PUERTO RICO CAN ONLY TELL TELL YOU ABOUT OUR LAND, WE THAT LEFT PR, WE CAN TELL YOU THINGS ABOUT PR BETTER THAN THE REAL PEOPLE IN PR. I WAS BORN IN SAN GERMAN, PUERTO RICO AND RAISED IN NEW YORK AND I HAVE ALL MY FAMILY IN PR, AND FLY TO PR EVERY MONTH FOR A WEEKEND NOT ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN PR CAN TALK OR HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR LOVELY LAND CALLED PUERTO RICO. PEACE MY MAN....

Comment

Ref. bisexual: NOT ONLY IN PUERTO RICO

Hi,
      I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toe...as I mentioned I'm kinda new to this. I'm so intriged in learning more about the Latino cultuur (especially Puerto Rico) that I just wrote down what came to mind first. It doesn't really matter whether you live in Puerto Rico or not, just as long as someone can provide me with more information about the happenings on that beautiful island, that alone will make my day. Thanks for pointing it out to me bisexual.
      Hoop to hear from someone soon

Comment

ASK ME AN D I WILL TELL YOU?

HEY MAN ASK THE QUESTION AND I WILL ANSWER TRUEFULLY ABOUT:

1. THE BEACH
        2. THE PEOPLE
        3. THE NIGHT LIFE
        4. THE CLUBS
        5. THE PR WOMANS
        6. THE PR MENS
        7. THE NUDE BEACH
        8. SAN JUAN NIGHT LIFE
        9. DORADO NIGHT LIFE
        10. PONCE NIGHT LIFE
        11. ARECIBO NIGHT LIFE
        12. LOISA ALDEA NIGHT LIFE
        13. THE GAY LIFE NIGHT CLUBS
        13. THE STRAIGHT CLUBS
        ANYTHING AND I RESIDE IN SOUTH BEACH, MIAMI LIKE I SAID I GO TO PR EVERY MONTH AND ALL THE TIME GET UP DATE WITH EVERYTHING REGARDING OUR LAND PUERTO RICO ISLA DEL CARIBE.

Comment

Hi pal,
          I can really see you're pretty up to date to the happenings in PR. This is really great. I have so much I want to ask about your lovely island, but for starters I would like to know more about the people there and is there enough activities going on for youngsters. I myself is from the West-Indies...from the island named The Commonwealth of Dominica. When I went home for the first time I found that most of the islanders (though there are enough activities on the island) have moved to the States for a much better life. I was wondering if that's the same in PR.
          By for now.

Comment

ANYTHING YOU WANT I GIVE YOU?

HEY MAN

LET ME TELL YOU TH PEOPLE FROM PUERTO RICO ARE THE MOST GENEROUS PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD, THAT IS MY OPINION. WE ARE WARM PEOPLE, VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE. WE KNOW WHAT WE WANT AND WHERE WE WANT TO GO. IF YOU GO TO THE SOUTH, SPECIALLY SAN GERMAN, PONCE, SABANA GRANDE, YAUCO,CAYEY, MAYAGUEZ, ARECIBO, LARES, THESE ARE CITY, THAT YOU CAN CALLED THEM THE COUNTRY SIDE, WHERE YOU SEE CHICKEN, COWS, HORSES AND ALL KING OF ANIMALS, WHY IAM MENTIONED THIS BECOUSE, IN THOSE CITY THAT IS WHERE YOU CAN EAT REALLY HOMIE FOOD MEANING, THEY WILL KILL THE CHICKEN RIGHT THERE AND YOU WILL SEE HOW THE COOKING IS DO, AND ALL THE PROCEDURES OF THE COOKING. REGARDING THE ACTIVITIES FOR THE YOUNGS THERE IS ALOT, YOU JUST HAVE TO GO OUT AND ENJOY SAFE ENJOY. MEANING IN EVERY CITY OF PUERTO RICO, THEY HAVE BEACH, PARK, SCHOOL, TOURS I MEAN THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO IN PR THAT I WAS NEVER BORED WHEN I WAS IN PR, AND KNOW AT THIS TIME THEY HAVE WHAT THEY CALL, FIESTA PATRONALES IS LIKE A COUNTY FAIR IN EACH OF ALL THE CITY OF PR FOR TWO WEEKS THE ONLY THING IS THAT IF IS NOT IN YOU TOWN THEN YOU MUST DRIVE TWO OR MORE HOURS TO GET TO THAT CITY WHERE THEY HAVING THE FAIR, THEY BRING THE BEST MUSICIANS, BUT IS FUN.
            BUT TELL ME WHERE YOU FROM I BELIEVED YOU SAID THAT DOMINICA OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOU AND TELL IF I CAN TRAVEL AS A TOURIST AND TOUR YOUR TERRITORY. I BEEN TO YUGOSLAVIA, SPAIN, ROME, DUBRONIK, IRELAND VERY COLD LIKE HELL,KEY WEST, GUATEMALA, CANADA AND THE NEXT WILL BE YOUR COUNTRY. TELL ME MORE, I AM WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER, REPLY FAST. TAKE CARE MY MAN, YOURS ALWAYS THE BISEXUAL.

Comment

Hola pal,
              Whatsup? Thanks for the information you send me about your people...just reading about it only makes me eager to go and visit your lovely island. Although I'm studying the language I was wondering how much of the PR population speaks english...will I have any difficulties seeing that my spanish is very poor? Also I've noticed that the Latino cultuur is a big mixtuur of different cultuurs (blacks, whites and indiaans)...I was really impressed with the way you Latino's as a big variety of different cultuurs get along so great. It's real inspiring.
              Well, you wanted to know a little bit more about me. Reading your mail I noticed we had something in common...you like to travel and so I. Living in The Netherlands has allowed me to travel to most of the European countries, like England, Germany, Belgium, France and others. I've also been to the Caribbean many times, Gaudeloupe, Martinique, Antigua, and my homeland Dominica of course. PR is now next on my list. My hobbies are photography (which I spend most of my time doing), writing, reading, dancing, going to the movies, listening to all kinds of music (depends on what mood I'm in) and cultural studies.
              You also wanted to know a little bit more about my country...to avoid misunderstanding with The Dominican Republiek, my island was named The Commonwealth of Dominica, a english/frensh speaking island, known to most of the West Indians as The Nature island. Dominica lies between the French islands Gaudeloupe and Martinique, near by Barbados and a few islands further from PR. The island is admired by most people because it's untouched and like PR I guess has lots of beautiful nature sites, waterfalls and 368 rivers and lots of different beautiful spieces of birds. It's worth taking a trip there, thrust me.

Until next time,
              Chrdef22

Comment

WHAT ABOUT THE NIGHT (GAY) LIFE???????

VERY INTERESTING THIGNS ABOUT YOU, WELL YOU WILL BE SURPRISE OF HOW MUCH OF THE PR POPULATION SPEAK ENGLISH, LET ME LET ABOUT 80% TO 90% SPEAK ENGLISH. MANY PEOPLE SPEAK ENGLISH AND IF YOU STAY IN SAN JUAN YOU WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL, LET ME TELL YOU YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME I DO EVERY TIME I GO THERE, BUT I WANT MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO GO TO YOUR COUNTRY EVEN FOR A WEEKEND TELL ME WHICH AIRLINES GO THERE AND IF YOU CAN TELL ME ABOUT THE NIGHT LIFE, ARE THEY ANY GAY CLUBS THERE, I KNOW YOU ARE STRAIGHT BUT CAN YOU FIND OUT OR TELL ME HOW CAN I DO IT, SO I DON'T COMPROMISE YOU AND GET YOU IN PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF YOUR STRAIGHT FRIENDS, PEACE MY MAN, YOUR BISEXUAL MAN.

Comment

Well to tell you the truth I'm not quite sure if there are any gay clubs on the island. Dominica however does have a few great night clubs (mind you the island is much smaller than PR, so there are not so much nightclubs as in PR). There's also a great discoboat which sailes out every weekend at sea. Though I'm straight I have a friend who is gay who went to Dominica and had a great time (so he told me). I think you can find out more about the airlines by visiting a travel agency in Miami, but I do know that only small aircrafts can visit the island. When I went there I had to fly from Europe to Antigua and from there took a small aircraft (LIAT I believe the airline is named) to fly to Dominica.
                  And by the way thanks for the info. I feel much more comfortable knowing the language barriere will not form any problem for me when I visit. Now that I've told you a little bit about myself... I would like to know a little bit more about you. Also I would like to know if you know about a few addresses of unexpensive pensions or hotels on the island I can contact for more information. I'm thinking about staying for a month or so to take photographs and get to know the country much better.

Check you later,
                  Chrdef22

Comment

HOT BISEXUAL PUERTORICAN

WELL LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE BIT OF MYSELF, AS YOU KNOW IAM PUERTORICAN, RAISED IN BRONX, NEW YORK. 34 YEARS OLD WITH TAN LIGHT SKIN, I LOVED TO TAN MY WHOLE BODY WHEN I CAN NAKED OR IF THE BEACH IS PACKED I WILL WEAR A NICE BIKINI. LET ME EXPLAIN I USUALLY GO TO THE NAKED BEACH NOT EVERY TIME BUT YOU CAN SAID I GO ONCE A MONTH, THE REST OF THE TIME I GO TO THE BEACH OR THE TAN SALON. OK ENOUGH ABOUT THAT I HAVE BLUE EYES, MEDIUM BUILT NICE BODY VERY TRIM GO TO THE GYM 5 TIMES A WEEK, I LIKE TO SHOW OFF MY BODY MEANING IF THERE IS A PARTY OR A NICE CLUB I WILL DRESS TO KILL WITH A NICE SHIRT FROM VERSACE AND A NICE SLACKS FROM ANOTHER TOP NAME. WELL ENOUGH ABOUT THAT TOO, 5'9", 160 LBS, CESAR LOOK, AND VERY SHY PERSON TO BE AROUND WITH. YOU PROBLABLY DON'T BELIEVE ME BUT IAM SO SHY THAT FOR ME TO TALK TO ANYBODY IN A PARTY OR CLUB, YOU NEVER WILL SEE ME DOING THAT. I GO TO THE CLUBS WHEN I CAN AND WHEN I GO I DON'T TALK TO ANYBODY, I WAIT INTO THEY TALK TO ME THAT IS HOW MUCH SHY PERSON I AM. RIGHT AT THIS TIME I AM NOT SEEING NOBODY, MY LAST RELATIONSHIP WAS WITH A CUBAN AND LASTED 10 YEARS AND ENDED 3 YEARS AGO. YES I AM FINED AND THAT IS THE PAST, BUT I LOOKED FORWARD TO THE FUTURE AND CONTINUE LIVING. OTHER THAN THAT EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINED, DON'T THINK THAT I FORGET ABOUT WHAT YOU ASKED ME IAM RESEARCHING ON THAT I DO RECALL THERE IS A GAY HOTEL AND RESTAURANT CALLED ATLANTIC, BUT THERE IS NO REASON TO GIVE THE INFORMATION CAUSE YOU ARE NOT GAY, BUT I JUST GAVE YOU THAT IF YOU KNOW ANY OF YOUR FRIEND GAY, WHO WANT TO GO TO PR, THEY CAN CALL THAT HOTEL, BUT FOR YOU MY MAN I WILL GET YOU THE INFORMATION THAT YOU REQUESTED(STRAIGHT) INFORMATION, ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED LET ME KNOW ANYTIME, IAM GLAD THAT YOU LIKE THE INFORMATION THAT I GAVE YOU REGARDING MY LAND PR. OH BEFORE I FORGET IF YOU SEE ME IN PERSON OR PICTURE, YOU WONT HAVE A CLUE THAT IAM A BISEXUAL MAN, I DON'T LOOK LIKE ONE, NOR I TRIED TO DENIED IF SOMEONE ASK I TELL YOU, BUT IF YOU DON'T ASK DON'T THINK THAT I WILL TELL YOU. WHY I MENTIONED THIS TO YOU, BECOUSE WHEN I GO TO THE GAYS CLUBS ANYTIME SOMEONE COME TO TALK TO ME THE SECOND QUESTION IS IF IAM GAY, BECOUSE THEY GET CONFUSED AND LET ME TELL YOU I DO LIKE THAT WHEN THEY ASK BECOUSE IS TELLING THAT I DON'T LOOKED GAY NOR BISEXUAL. SO THAT IS GOOD, THE FIRST QUESTIONS IS WHAT IS YOUR NAME? I LIVE IN A 27TH FLOOR HIGHRISED BUILDING IN SOUTH BEACH WITH A NICE VIEW, THE PORT WHERE ALL THE CRIUSED COME IN AND MY APARTMENT ALL DECORATION IS ORIENTAL, WELL I AM NOT GOING TO BORED YOU, BECOUSE THEN WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE ANYTHING TO TALK ABOUT. TAKE CARE MY MAN, AND TALK TO YOU LATER. THE BISEXUAL PEACE

Comment

Reading your mails it's hard to believe that you're as shy as you say you are. You sound quite entertaining and easy going. I myself is very shy too (something I consider to be one of my most annoying character flaws). I was kinda hoping it would grow lesser now that I'm 27 years old (but so far no luck). I guess it's something that's going to remain with me probably for the rest of my life. But at least it's not a bad thing. Even celebrities suffer from it once in awhile. I also want to thank you for making such effort in helping me out with everything I want to know about your island. It's real cool and I appreciate it alot. I've just recently bought a book about PR. I have to say the photos of your country are quite beautiful... You must have your reasons for living in Miami, but I was just wondering if you're ever considering going back to PR for good. Although Miami too is a beautiful city it's not much compared to the beauty of your island.
                      Well I've got to sign off now, I'm off on a new photo asignment. Check you out soon.

Chrdef22

Comment

Re: Searching for PUERTORICAN penpals

Originally posted by chrdef22
                        Hi,
                        I'm new to this. I've been checking out this site for awhile and decided to join the board hoping to find someone to chat with in or abroad Puerto Rico. Why Puerto Rico? Because I'm interested in knowing more about the cultur, people, music and all the beauty the island has to offer.
                        Hope to hear from someone soon.

[Edited by chrdef22 on 15th November 2000 at 14:51]
                        Hi chrdef22 I am a puertorican girl, who lives in Puerto Rico, it will be nice to share any information about the island with you, so if you want to know the "Real thing", what's going on around here and other stuff, let me know.

take care!

Comment

Hola mylinn,
                          Nice of you to offer to tell me all you know about your island. I've received so much nice info on the island that I can't wait to go and visit next year. I would like to know about anything you could tell me about your homeland, things I wouldn't be able to find in books. Although I've seen lots of nice pictures in the books no one can tell the story better than the person living there.
                          Hoop to hear from you soon.

Chrdef22

Comment

Hola amigos,
                            I've got a question...when is the best time to visit PR. Someone has told me about this African festival you guy's celebrate in PR, where everybody is dressed up and wears mask's. I was wondering what kind of festival that is. Is it a special celebration? And when does that take place? Do you guy's have like a carribean carnival (simular to the Brazilian carnival) you celebrate with merenge and salsa music (which by the way is my favorite music to listen to). If so when does that take place?

Chrdef22

Comment

Originally posted by chrdef22
                              Hola amigos,
                              I've got a question...when is the best time to visit PR. Someone has told me about this African festival you guy's celebrate in PR, where everybody is dressed up and wears mask's. I was wondering what kind of festival that is. Is it a special celebration? And when does that take place? Do you guy's have like a carribean carnival (simular to the Brazilian carnival) you celebrate with merenge and salsa music (which by the way is my favorite music to listen to). If so when does that take place?

Chrdef22
                              HI!! I have to say that the best time to visit is rigth now, this is the season where you find a Party anywhere, and is the time when all our traditions are at it's maximun
                              explendor.
                              The carnivals, well here in PR almost every city celebrates a carnival at some specific dates of the year, in this carnival you would find music shows, primordiarly of salsa and merengue orquestras, "Kioscos" which sale traditional foods and tipical crafts. The Carnival last 3 days and at the last one there is a Parade.
                              About that celebration you ask, I think you mean the Loiza fiestas, this fiestas are not a African festival, they celebrate the Saint that is Known as the protector of that town, which is Santiago Apostol, also in Hatillo they celebrate next month the masks festival, this one is in honor to the inocent childs that Herodes order to kill when Jesuscrist was born.
                              Anyhow PR have something to offer all around the year and there is always a celebration

Comment

Working...
                              X