Searching for penpals in PUERTO RICO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mylinn,
    PR sounds like lots of fun. It doesn't look like I'm going to get bored when I visit. It's a pitty though that I'll miss this celebration comming up, maybe I'll pay a second visit to PR for christmas (traveling is my hobby anyway). Who knows I might have so much fun in PR that I might decide to stay much longer and leave this cold weather in Holland behind. What's the economy in PR like. Is it easy to find a job there? The reason I ask is because I met lots of puertoricans in Miami who left the island to search for jobs. I would also like to know what a typical puertorican dish is. When I visited Miami I had diner in this puertorican restaurant Casa Salsa and enjoyed a terific (I don't know if I'm spelling it right) mofongo with chicken, which I was told was one of PR many typical dishes. What else is nice to try when I visit?
    Check you later,
    Chrdef22

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chrdef22
      [B]Hi mylinn,
      PR sounds like lots of fun. It doesn't look like I'm going to get bored when I visit. It's a pitty though that I'll miss this celebration comming up, maybe I'll pay a second visit to PR for christmas (traveling is my hobby anyway). Who knows I might have so much fun in PR that I might decide to stay much longer and leave this cold weather in Holland behind. What's the economy in PR like. Is it easy to find a job there? The reason I ask is because I met lots of puertoricans in Miami who left the island to search for jobs. I would also like to know what a typical puertorican dish is. When I visited Miami I had diner in this puertorican restaurant Casa Salsa and enjoyed a terific (I don't know if I'm spelling it right) mofongo with chicken, which I was told was one of PR many typical dishes. What else is nice to try when I visit?

Hello there chrdef22! Let me tell you from my humble point of view PR economy it's ok, most people own a car, have a place to live and the shopping malls are always crowded, specially this time of the year so I guess the economy is fine, but about the jobs I can tell you from my personal experience and lots of others it is real difficult to find a job, I mean a good job, related to your area of studies.
      There are jobs in Fast foods, factories or in stores. Any other area you need a friend,relative or someone with some kind of power inside a Company or agency to get a job there.
      Thats why so many people go to the states looking for oportunities there.
      About the typical dish,mofongo it's one of them but preferably with fried meat and broth, delicious! also rice and beans and stew meat. Mmmmm! I'm hungry now, see you later.

Comment

Hola mylinn,
        What's up? Thanks for your last info on PR. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I just came back from a short christmas shopping spree in Germany. I'm sure your also probably busy preparing for the holidays and from what you've told me, I'm sure you're going to have a good time. I'm just sorry I have to miss out on this christmas celebration. Well Europe can also be fun, only just a little bit colder than PR (wish I was there at the moment, the weather is real cold and nasty at the moment).
        I have a few questions: first of all what can you tell me about your cultuur and its traditions? Also I understand Latino's are a mixture of blacks, Europeans and Indians. I was wondering what kinda indiaans the island has. The island I'm from (The commonwealth of Dominica) has the cariibe tribe, which is also part of my inheritance.
        Well, I'm signing off now.

Hope to hear from you soon,
        Chrdef22

Comment

Working...
        X