To Moderators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Moderators

Why doesn't this forum show the actual hits each thread receives? Is it disabled? I doubt some threads had 4 or 5 viewings.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
    Thomas Szasz

there nothing wrong hardly no one come to this forum no more that is so sad

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIECOQUI View Post
      there nothing wrong hardly no one come to this forum no more that is so sad
      Man Richie C. You gotta be real crazy to sew your mouth up like that.

Yes there is something wrong with the count. If the most visitors on this site had

Most users ever online was 708, 16th June 2006 at 14:56.
      Then for sure these people didn't just looked at titles.
      If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
      Thomas Szasz

Comment

JANE I FORGOT TO THE NAME OF THIS MAN HIS NAME IS JUAN CARLOS HERRERA 40 YEARS OLD FROM CUBA AND HE IS A BLIND JOUNALIST AND IN SOME MAX PRISON SOME WHERE IN CUBA AND INDEED HIS FAMILY AND FRIEND TOLD NOT TO DO THIS IF ANYONE HERE READ MORE OF THIS AND OTHERS LIKE HIM LET ME KNOW I'll PUT UP THE LINK

Comment

Here it is! Thanks for the info

Lastest news...full story follows

Latest news...

The news website Payolibre reports that independent journalist Juan Carlos Herrera Acosta was beaten by guards in Kilo 8 prison in Camagüey on 12 October after he reiterated his request to be granted the right to telephone his family, which he is regularly denied. He was then placed in a windowless punishment cell infested with rats and insects, where he has to sleep on the ground. Herrera has been in prison since the crackdown in 2003.

Cubanet quoted Juan Carlos González Leyva of the Cuban Foundation for Human Rights as saying Herrera sowed up his mouth during his previous hunger strike after being badly beaten by guards for two days running, on 21 and 22 March. Herrera is demanding a transfer to a prison in the eastern city of Guantánamo, where he is from, the ability to attend religious services and permission to receive letters from his family.

Juan Carlos Herrera

Sentenced to 20 years in Santiago de Cuba, Boniato. Juan Carlos Herrera Acosta is a freelance journalist (Havana).

DECLARATION FROM POLITICAL PRISONER JUAN CARLOS HERRERA ACOSTA DENOUNCING PRISON TERRORISM
          By Juan Carlos Herrera Acosta

DECLARATION FROM POLITICAL PRISONER JUAN CARLOS HERRERA ACOSTA DENOUNCING PRISON TERRORISM | Directorio Democrático Cubano

In an urgent declaration obtained from the prison in Camagüey, political prisoner Juan Carlos Herrera Acosta reaffirms the principles of his struggle for human rights and liberty in Cuba, while at the same time manifesting his fear for his life due to threats and manipulations of State Security within said prison. The document was read via telephone to the Cuban Democratic Directorate by Rolando Rodríguez Lobaina, executive member of the Cuban Youth Movement for Democracy with its headquarters in Guantánamo, Cuba.

“From the Kilo 8 Prison, a special regimen also know as ‘I lost my key,’ in the face of prison terrorism in Camagüey, I make it known to the Cuban people and to the international community that despite the physical and psychological torture that I suffer, of the inhumane forced exile and the unjust imprisonment for defending democracy, and the reinstatement of civil society which has been held captive for more than 47 years by entrenched Castroism. I will not hoist a flag of dishonor. They will not make me surrender, and they will not be able to silence my voice.

I fight because the light of truth and liberty reaches this land converted into a feudal estate before a Caesar that bleeds her dry. As a dignified son of this country, I am willing to offer my life if it is necessary to defend pacifism, so that peace and concordance would thrive in the land of Varela and Marti. I do not discard the possibility that a clinically induced death, at the hands of the commissars of terror, will truncate my life. But as long as I have strength and my heart is beating, I will continue to fight from inside the monstrous womb of Castro’s prisons.

I will never lower myself to bow down, nor will I live on my knees, and as Jose Marti would express, I reiterate: “I want the first law of our Republic to be the respect of Cubans for the plain dignity of man.” The price to pay has been very high. Pain, grief, and exile constitute the panacea that is Castro’s 47 year reign of terror.

But I do not resign to live condemned, I am simply continuing the dignified example of the historical Cuban political presidio. Freedom for Cuba! God, Country, and Liberty! May human rights thrive and prevail in my country!

Juan Carlos Herrera Acosta, independent journalist and national coordinator for the Cuban Youth Movement for Democracy, condemned to 20 years in prison for exercising his right to free speech
          Thomas Szasz

Comment

thanks jane i was looking for more info on him

Comment

Here's an interesting link on religion:

HISTORY OF 5000 YEARS OF RELIGION IN 90 SECONDS

Link below:

History of Religion
              Thomas Szasz

Comment

Originally posted by JaneMas View Post

Why doesn't this forum show the actual hits each thread receives? Is it disabled? I doubt some threads had 4 or 5 viewings.
                It may be disabled but if we talk to the administrator she might be able to administer some intensive care.

I'll move this post into the suggestions section where she can take a look at it.

Good thing you entertained yourself in the meantime

Comment

Working...
                X