For-All-The-World-To-See...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For-All-The-World-To-See...

The-messages,thoughts-and-opinions-posted-in-these-forums-may-be-seen-by-anyone-on-the-World-Wide-Web.-They-need-only-type-the-appropriate-"key"-words-into-the-search-engine-of-their-choice.

I-don't-know-why,but-I-don't-feel-good-about-it.
    Cachito
    cachito@mexica.net

Yes, this is true. Do you have a complaint regarding a specific member or post?
    admin

Comment

No complaints from me. I was just a little shocked to see postings from Puerto Rico.com come up in a search at Google. No password or username required.
      Cachito
      cachito@mexica.net

Comment

I don't pretend to be a lawyer, but Puerto Rico.com seems to be in violation of it's own policy.

Privacy: It is PUERTORICO.COM's policy to take reasonable measures to respect the privacy of PUERTORICO.COM's users. PUERTORICO.COM will take reasonable measures to not disclose the contents of your communications outside the PUERTORICO.COM Message Boards unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these terms and conditions; (iii) respond to claims that any Content on PUERTORICO.COM violates the rights of third-parties; or (iv) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of PUERTORICO.COM, its users, and the public.

Cachito
        cachito@mexica.net

Comment

Puerto Rico.com is open to everyone in the http://www. Even if you are not a member you can read the post, as a guest.

However, your personal information is guarded.

That is why your email and real name is not posted, unless you do it yourself on a post, which I strongly don't recommend.

Free speech works both ways. You can said whatever you want under those guidance, and everyone in the WWW had the right to hear you.

Comment

Nacionalista:

I appreciate your opinion, but your opinion doesn't change the facts.

The fact is that by allowing the disclosure of member's communications outside the PUERTO RICO.COM Message Boards, Puerto Rico.com appears to be in violation of it's own policy.

Can you dispute it?

If not, then I stand by my previous posts.

[Edited by Cachito on 22nd August 2001 at 09:01]
            Cachito
            cachito@mexica.net

Comment

Cachito,

I did not write the user policy, but here is my understanding of the statement.

PuertoRico.com ensures that any communications on the site will not be transferred or made public anywhere but on PuertoRico.com. Yes, you can get to the site/post via search engines, but the post itself is not actually seen there. Correct? Furthermore, we do not use posts for examples in advertising, presentations, or email.

I hope this helps. And, thank you Nacionalista for view of the policy.

All the Best,
              admin

Comment

Admin:

I appreciate your response. Obviously, the policy can be interpreted in more ways than one. If you wish to make room for more important subjects, then by all means, delete the thread. After all, it's not exactly a life or death issue.
                Cachito
                cachito@mexica.net

Comment

Working...
                X