Suggestion to Moderators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion to Moderators

I would like to see a forum in which you can post according to the town in Puerto Rico. There was one on the net but it has been down for some time now and this is very useful when you are searching for family members. I am a people search guru by hobby and a investigator by profession and I know that this will be very beneficial for the people who use this site as a tool to search for family members. I utilize this site to find people who need my help in finding their parents or siblings and I love this site with the exception of the "I dont like morenos" thread which I find ridiculous! what do you think??

AMEN TO BOTH IDEAS.
    I PLAN ON MOVING TO PUERTO RICO LATER THIS YEAR AND CANT IMAGINE THAT THIS IS WHAT I'M TO FACE WITH SOME OF THE PEOPLE OF THE ISLAND. AND I TOTALLY AGREE THAT DIRECT CONTACT WITH SPECIFIC MUNICIPALITIES WOULD BE A GREAT HELP TO MANY. THANZ!!!

Comment

Feedback

Thanks. Glad someone out there likes my idea!

Comment

Is a great idea!!!

In other to create a forum for each municipal locality of Puerto Rico there have to be an steady activity on that forum theme.

Many threads become forums when there is a major interest on what is posted.

I recommend you start a thread with the title you which, like Bayamon Town, or Bayamon Cafe, or Bayamon Plaza, etc.

Then invite other members to join the thread by posting and invitation message on each forum with alink to your thread.

Let it run for a month and maintain the interest on it.

Then base on the age of the thread and the amount of activity in it, request the admin to integrate the thread as a forum.

And if you are successful, you can even request being the moderator for that forum.

If other towns follows and they get the same results, then all the towns will become a forum inside a category, like PR Towns, with each town section under.

Good luck and I am looking forward to see everyone participate in their own town thread.

Comment

Suggestion to Moderator

Nacionalista,
          Thanks for your reply. Well, the problem is that I dont have one specific town to start with. I would like a place for each town. When the hispanicgenealogy had a site like this it was bombarded with postings but the site has been down for over 6 months now. Most people used this as a means to contact family on the island or find family members from a specific town. I liked reviewing postings from the towns I had family members residing in and usually was able to help the person searching with information from the island.

I like your suggestion. How do I make this work?? Would really like to see it happend. I spend so much time on here replying to people searching for family members and helping them access public information that I might as well be a moderator! LOL

Take care.
          Blanca

Comment

In that case arawack, you could be an excellent moderator for the forums that people post family search.

Go ahead and sign in for moderator, and you maybe able to put emphasis on your idea base on your experience with the theme as moderator.

Comment

Suggestions

Thanks I will. I had previously asked to be Moderator but was turned down. Something about me not being a Senior Member. Don't exactly remember. I will try again.

Comment

Re: Suggestion to Moderator

Originally posted by arawack
                Nacionalista,
                Thanks for your reply. Well, the problem is that I dont have one specific town to start with. I would like a place for each town. When the hispanicgenealogy had a site like this it was bombarded with postings but the site has been down for over 6 months now. Most people used this as a means to contact family on the island or find family members from a specific town. I liked reviewing postings from the towns I had family members residing in and usually was able to help the person searching with information from the island.

I like your suggestion. How do I make this work?? Would really like to see it happend. I spend so much time on here replying to people searching for family members and helping them access public information that I might as well be a moderator! LOL

Take care.
                Blanca

Mira Blanca I think the best town to start with is
                Vieques. Every Boricua wants more information about
                the people of Vieques, it was quite a discovery for
                me the first time I visited Vieques. I had never been
                there until April 19th happened and it became a big
                issue for the Puerto Ricans of the Island (Grande) and
                the Diaspora. What do you think about starting with
                Vieques, its flag, its history, pictures of Vieques
                today and people's ideas on how it should look cuando
                se largue la Marina de Vieques.

I would like to see if we can get people from GAT/P
                in Vieques to give us their ideas about "the sustainable
                development of Vieques" What do you think?

Yautia

Paz Para Vieques!

Comment

Suggestion

Yautia,
                  Thanks for the feedback. Your idea is great but for the board related to politics. I basically am interested in helping people find their families, either parents searching for children or viceversa. I love geneaology and am a investigator by profession so my experience has given me alot of information regarding family searchs. That is why most of my postings are in the General Postings - Looking for someone. I am also interested in the politics or the island and read the Puerto Rican newspapers daily. Vieques is a big issue for the island right now. As a matter of fact I read today that the US is considering banning cockfights in PR and the legislature in PR is having a hard time believing that the US would take something away so big to our culture and finances $$$$$ on the island. Really don't know why they are surprised when they haven't been able to get the Navy totally out of Vieques. Although I know there is some kind of agreement that it is to withdraw SLOWLY off the island. Been to Vieques and Culebra and I think these islands are beautiful and make you feel like you are on heaven when you are on their beaches!Let me stop rambling! Take care.

Comment

A chat room

I really enjoy this website but i think that you guys should add a chat room on this website so people could debate different issues rght then and there.

Comment

Yes, chiquita that is a great idea. I haven't been so involved lately in the family searches I help people with lately because of time limitations but a chat room would be great to discuss alot of issues. I know I have some people on this site that I would like to know better! Chat room would be excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X