• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelation ???

Webster's Dictionary:

Main Entry: rev·e·la·tion

Pronunciation: "re-v&-'lA-sh&n

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Late Latin revelation-, revelatio, from Latin revelare to reveal

Date: 14th century

1 a : an act of revealing or communicating divine truth b : something that is revealed by God to humans

2 a : an act of revealing to view or making known b : something that is revealed; especially : an enlightening or astonishing disclosure <shocking revelations> c : a pleasant often enlightening surprise <her talent was a revelation>

3 capitalized : an apocalyptic writing addressed to early Christians of Asia Minor and included as a book in the New Testament -- called also Apocalypse.

------------------
    Manuel Alonso

The revelation of Jesus, the Messiah, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw--that is, the word of God and the testimony of Messiah Jesus. - Revelation 1.1,2

Guess what? Jesus did fulfill what he said sixty years before, on the day when He gave breakfast to the apostles on the Lake of Galilee, after He Resurrected.

After Jesus was through telling Peter how he was going to die, Peter turns around and inquires on how John was going to die: <<Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, "Follow me!" Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?" Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?">> John 21.19-23

Thus, sixty years later JESUS APPEARS to John (he must have been 80-something) at the Island of Patmos (the Vieques of its day, or better yet, the “Devil’s Island” of its day – where John had been exiled by the Emperor Domitian), and shows John what will happen both during John’s own time until Jesus Returns. Spooky stuff!!!

No doubt you will find plenty of books and commentaries saying that Revelation was written by someone else, and/or that it is full of symbols meant to be a “comfort blanket” for early Christians. Why not better assume that John wrote the book himself? It will make the book more interesting, and more real.

There is a blessing for those who read this book: “Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.” – Revelation 1.3

So, sit back and relax, and read Revelation with a REAL OPEN HEART [be sure to ask the Holy Spirit for help, not your usual spirit guides…]. If and when you do this, you will be really blessed.

------------------
    Manuel Alonso

Comment

Hi Manuel:

Thanks for the insight on Revelation. Although I have read exceprts of this chapter before, I reserve comment in detail until adequate feedback is received.
      I have stated previously that Revelations
      provides a distinct ending to The Bible.
      Why Is This? Does this have clear universal applications, even in our World today?
      What is the main purpose of Revelation?
      and so on. Have a good evening, from Joseph.

------------------
      Working to create greater
      Harmony and Success between all God loving people regardless of Individual Faith...

Comment

Hi Manuel;

I have just concluded intitial summary, in regards to The Book Of Revelations. This is on the Bulletin Board: "The Bible is accurate, but not perfect. 'Revelation': Express yourself...

Hopefully you now could better understand my position, as constructive and positive.

Best regards, Joseph

------------------
        Working to create greater
        Harmony and Success between all God loving people regardless of Individual Faith...

Comment

Working...
        X