The Bible is 100 Factual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bible is 100 Factual.

Can you point out any inaccuracies in the Bible?

I will tell you some proven facts that will make the case for the Bible’s Accuracy.

The Argument at stake is whether the Bible is the Word of God, or if it is the word of man. If it is the word of man, then there is no difference between the Bible and a Stephen King novel. If it is the Word of God, then what we do after having read the Bible matters a great deal.

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi. The religious establishment of His day questioned His credentials, but there was no doubt that He portrayed Himself to be a Jewish Rabbi. Even His enemies called Jesus a Rabbi. This point is very important, because there are some “so called” authorities on the New Testament that say that Jesus’ Disciples did not write any of the Gospels or any of the Letters. Jewish Rabbi’s have always throughout History made their disciples write down their teachings. That is why the Talmud exists, which is a collection of the sayings and teachings of Jewish Rabbis of 2000-1000 years ago, from Jesus’ Times to the Middle Ages. Nobody questions whether the Talmudic writings contain the teachings of those Jewish Rabbis. With that same logic nobody should question whether the Gospels contain the words of Jesus.

One interesting set of words of Jesus is His warning to the Disciples concerning the Jewish Temple restored by the Herodian Dynasty: <<Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down." Matthew 24:1>> To the Disciples this statement was so overwhelming that they thought it implied the End of the World. That shows in the follow up question the Disciples made to Jesus. The interesting thing is that those very words came True forty years later. When the Romans squelched the Jewish Revolt of 70AD, they not only torched the Jewish Temple, but they literally removed every stone from the foundations up. Remember, the Jewish Temple was one of the wonders of the Ancient World. That Jewish Temple had gold paneling inside, as well as gold paneling in the crown molding. All that gold melted when the Temple burned down. So, the Roman commanders ordered their Roman soldiers to remove the melted gold from the Temple ruble with picks and shovels. Amazing! The only thing that remains from that Temple is the Temple Mound Retaining Wall, which is not a building structure per se, it is a wall on the side of the Temple hill (Mount Zion is its name), keeping the hill from crumbling to the side and increasing the Temple area by 25%. That Retaining Wall is called nowadays the Wailing Wall. To make this Prophesy more precise Jesus added: <<”I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.” Matthew 24:34,35>> A Jewish generation (from the Bible itself) consists of forty years. Jesus said the Prophesy on 30AD, the same week He was Crucified, and the Temple was destroyed on 70AD, forty years precisely. Jesus Disciples wrote those words down as soon as He taught them; remember, Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi properly, and the Apostles were true Jewish Rabbi disciples.

This is just the Tip of the Iceberg. I don’t have the time now to write more on this subject, my lunch time is over. However, I write this to make it clear that the Bible is Accurate (and Factual), it is the Word of God, and it is Trustworthy. I am writing, not as theologian, since my education is a Master in Science, rather, I am writing as a man of Science. If the Bible is only a product of human thoughts, then its value would be only of fictional literature. If the Bible is the Word of God, then it is worth the time of studying it, believing it and obeying it.

Jesus said: <<"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
    The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." Matthew 7:24-28>>

------------------
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa: Manuel Alonso "El Jíbaro"

Hi El_Crillo:

I have written my reply to you, in the subject above: "Is the Bible 100% accurate". Thanks. Sincerely, Joseph

------------------
    Working to create greater
    Harmony and Success between all God loving people regardless of Individual Faith...

Comment

Joseph:
      You did not point out to any inaccuracies or non-factualities in the Bible. I guess it maybe easier to philosophize, than to come up with facts. This off the cuff philosophizing is termed: "Armchair Philosopher".

About 90% of the population not being able to read and write in 30AD (New testament times), you are partly right if you are talking about Barbarians living in the German forests back then. As far as the Jewish Population, reading and writing was an absolute requirement by age twelve for all males (Bar Mitzvah). That encompassed the Jewish Population both in Palestine as well as dispersed out in the Roman Empire, which by some estimates amounted to 10% of the Population of the entire Roman Empire. Most cities in the Roman Empire had a Jewish Synagogue in 30AD, and Synagogues were always by their very nature places where Jews read their Scriptures every Sabbath. If you had read the Bible, you would have noticed in the Book of Acts that the first place where the Apostle Paul would go to spread his “Jesus is the Messiah” message in any Roman city would be to a Synagogue on the Jewish Sabbath. Paul also quoted the Jewish Scriptures to his listeners in every one of his messages, except when he spoke to the Greek crowd in the Areopagus of Athens, where he was talking to a totally Pagan audience. As you well know, to quote the Scriptures to Jews implies having read them, and expecting the Jewish listener to check them out for verification.

Thus, History establishes the fact that the first Christians, being Jews, knew how to read and write, and also had as a habit to take notes on Rabbinical Dissertations.

About the rest of the Roman Empire, soldiers commonly knew how to read and write (as proved by recent archeological diggings in old Roman Forts, if I am not mistaken one of them being in England, and the other one being in Austria, or Switzerland). It was a total necessity to read and write for Roman officers, as it was the only way to administer troop salaries and fort logistics. That is why, it is not surprising to see Pilate order a soldier to write a sign in three languages over Jesus' cross.

About the slave population, many of the slaves were educated individuals from Greece and other territories, who would be in charge of not only educating the children of Roman nobility, but of administration of their farms and estates.

When you are talking of widespread illiteracy, you are rightly describing the state of the Roman world by the Middle Ages, when the entire Roman Empire broke apart after the invasions of Germanic Tribes. The Middle Ages should rightly be termed the Germanization Age of the Roman Empire. The Roman World did not cease to exist, it just became Germanized.

I think that many of the things you quote as fact come from the “Jesus Seminar”. They have a vested interest in their view of Jesus, i.e., they study Jesus under a very tainted philosophical framework. Archeology during the last 150 years has proved false many of their assumptions and assertions. They, however, keep on pushing their “conclusions”, since they are in fact the Theological Establishment of Today. As an example, one of their assertions, on the issue that Caiaphas was not a Temple High Priest during Jesus Time was proven false four years ago, when archeologists discovered his Sarcophagus.

I guess that the scariest thing for anyone old enough is the moral requirement of the Bible. If the Bible is True, then our Life-Style does have an eternal consequence. But, it is my personal experience, that even though the moral requirement of the Bible is so impossible to live out, with the help of Jesus it does become possible. However, the first and main obstacle in the way of living according to the Bible is Pride. That is why Jesus said, “Blessed are the poor in spirit”. Once one recognizes his/her spiritual NEED (poverty, bankruptcy), then one can come to the point of meeting the Biblical moral requirement, and one can accept and understand Scripture.

A follow up question to all this is: What do you think of Jesus?

------------------
      desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
      desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa: Manuel Alonso "El Jíbaro"

Comment

Hi el Criollo:

I believe I answered this statement previously on another bulleting board. However let me just add that I do not contend
        Historical Data, in regadrs to Religious freedom, in The Bible. I have concern with the interpretation of questionable moral issues...

I just completed summary on the Bulleting Board: "Revelation": Express yourself. Hopefully you will understand as my position being constructive and positive.

Best Regards, Joseph

------------------
        Working to create greater
        Harmony and Success between all God loving people regardless of Individual Faith...

Comment

hey everyone. you two seem to be having an interesting little debate here. maybe i can help with some clarification.

people could choose to "interpret" the Bible any way they wish and then act accordingly. but Biblical precidents never were or ever will be based on the opinions of men and women. the Bible is the Inspired Word of GOD. if you have trouble believing that fact, you will have trouble understanding other things/events/stories mentioned in the Bible. man is not perfect, but GOD is. so what HE intended to be in HIS Holy Word is indeed there.
          what is needed are more facts about the Bible...and less opinions. the more we read, the more we will understand. i just realized what i wrote may have nothing to do with what you were talking about. oh, well. email me.

padwanjedi@yahoo.com

------------------
          Nicoletta
          Nicoletta
          ;oD

Comment

Working...
          X