End Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Times

Are we actually leaving in the End Times? Has anyone out there look into the last book of "THE BOOK" and checked to see if we are any closer?

------------------
    Moses
    Moses

Are you "leaving" the End Times? Perhaps...

Are we LIVING in the End Times? Yes!!! Ever since Jesus went up to Heaven we have been living in the End Times. As a matter of fact, Jesus said that the time of His Coming will be when we least expect Him to return.

As far as the Day of Jehovah, or the Day of the LORD, or the Day of Yahweh, or the Great Tribulation, or the Tribulation of Jacob, or the Hour of Trial that will Come to the Whole World (all of which are synonymous), it is not yet upon us, and will not be until the anti-Christ shows up, the Man of Lawlessness (2 Thessalonians 2.1-12). This will be a time of Seven Years during which more than half of humanity will die of wars, plagues, hunger, wild animals and catastrophes. However, as the Letter of Paul to the Thessalonians points out, there is Someone in the way of the Man of Lawlessness taking over the world, who is He? Most of us Bible believing Christians think it is the Holy Spirit, the Second Person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit has a MINISTRY that began on the Day of Pentecost, and will end by Christ taking away His Church [all believers in Jesus, no matter if they call themselves Catholics, Protestants, Russian Orthodox, etc.]. This MINISTRY is currently making aware the non-believing world of their UNBELIEF and their Guilt [John 16.7-15]. This MINISTRY of the Holy Spirit currently is pointing to Jesus as the Savior. When His MINISTRY ends then He will withdraw, and when that happens He will REMOVE the Body of Christ [Hebrews 9.28], to make the way for the Man of Perdition, and then Judgement Time will come.

About times (years), seasons (Fall, Summer, Winter and Spring), day or hour, Jesus was very plain and clear to say to his followers not to bother with finding out. In fact, trying to find out the exact date of His Coming is a sure sign that one is either a False Prophet/False Christ or a believer who is seeking to be deceived by one of those.

There is a Promise to the Believers in Jesus:
    1 Thessalonians 5.1-5 Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

------------------
    Manuel Alonso

Comment

WOOHOO! Hooray for the END TIMES...each day brings us 24 hours closer to Paridise with our Creator, our Savior and our Sustainor!!!

------------------
      Nicoletta
      ;oD

Nicoletta
      ;oD

Comment

Good job “Jibaro” in explaining the end of time.

I'm not sure if you explained or how it is your believe in that the church, the believers on Jesus has to make sure they treasure and safeguard the salvation or they may be staying behind for the tribulations.

Remember the book of revelation it talks about a large group from all tribes all language, all areas of the world that were saved during the tribulation but they have to give their lives in order to save them. Also talk about those who preached the word healed people with the word of God and in deed they did the ministries.

To be able to do those ministries they had to be people that received the Holly Spirit to do the signs of the church, but something happened with their life that the Lord told the, get away from me your evil doers, I think that is the right translation.

Never the less they lost their salvation. Also the bible says we have to safeguard our salvation with fear.... Fear of what, of course fear of loosing it. It shouldn't be that way, if we have our salvation in Jesus, we just have to maintain it in Jesus, we can't go back to do evil things, because we will stain our white holy cloths.

Be save and God Bless you all.

Chico Boricua.

Comment

i didn't think a person could lose their salvation.

if someone is not living the life they are claiming they have...then it is a question of whether they were ACTUALLY saved...

GOD is not an indian-giver (please excuse the politcally incorrect phrase). He doesn't say, okay, you're saved...and then the second you screw up He turns and says, "JUST KIDDING...you're goin' to Hell..."

this was a big issue in my old church...explain your views to me...and maybe i will be able to better understand where you are coming from.

------------------
          Nicoletta
          ;oD

Nicoletta
          ;oD

Comment

Chico:

About the people who are saved in the Great Tribulation, they are saved by the Blood of Jesus [his Death on the Cross], not by their own blood. In fact, some believers in Jesus will survive the Great Tribulation since it will be the time when Israel will recognize Jesus as the Messiah and as a result the anti-Christ will persecute them. This same group is the one that is told to "hold on" until the end of the Tribulation.

Anyway, it goes against the Gospel Message to say that people save themselves through giving their lives for Jesus. Similar to any good work, Christians do them because of gratitude of being saved, not to get saved.

As far as one "loosing" their salvation, there is a genuine warning in the Bible: Revelation 3.5 - "He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. " Thus, the other alternative logically is that anyone who does not overcome will get their name blotted [erased].

The writer of Hebrews [Paul?, Apollos?] warned: "We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. For if the message spoken by angels was binding [Moses' Law], and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation [the Gospel of Jesus]? Hebrews 2.1-3"

People who "loose" their salvation never loose it in the way you loose a coin, but rather exchange it for the here-and-now pleasures of this world.: "See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Hebrews 12.16,17"

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10.35,36

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12.28,29

However, God is committed to saving us, and that is why He disciplines us through suffering. "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5.3,4" Also, "Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8.17"

------------------
            desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
            desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa: Manuel Alonso "El Jíbaro"

Comment

Note:

-Anyway, it goes against the Gospel Message to say that people save themselves through giving their lives for Jesus.-

What I am saying is that giving ones life to die FOR Jesus sake does not save.

What I am saying is that giving ones life TO Jesus [dedicating it to Him in belief and public profession] does save.

------------------

Comment

First I like to thank all of you for following up with this great topic! I know is a bit touchy, but allow me to answer myself since it appears that other interesting topics resurrected from the one in question.

So to all of us, in my humble opinion, lest take another lap! Hopefully not for 40 yrs.

The central message of the Book of Reveleation is that " the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! (19:6) This theme has been validated in history by the victory of the Lamb who is " Lord of lords and King of kings"(17:14)Yet, those who follow the Lamb are involved in a continuing spiritual conflict, and Revelation thus provides deeper insight into the nature and tactics of the Enemy (Eph. 6-10-12). The dragon, frustrated by his defeat at the Cross and the consequent restraints placed upon his activity, and desparate to thwart the purposes of God before his inevitable doom, develops a counterfeit trinity "to make war" on the saints (12:17). The first "beast" or monster symbolizes the reality of anti-Christian goverment and political power(13:1-10, 13); and the second, anti-Christian religion, philosopy, and ideology (13:11-17). Together they produce the ultimately deceptive and seductive anti-Christian secular society, commerce,and culture, the harlot Babylon (chs. 17;18), composed of those "who dwell on earth." These thus bear the "mark" of the monster, and their names are not registered in " the Lamb's Book of Life." The dragon continually delegates his restricted power and authority to the monsters and their followers in order to deceive and discourage anyone from God's creative-redemptive purpose.

If any of you feel that the three anti-Christian counterfits mentioned above are happening today in your world, please answer the question properly! Are we actually leaving in the End Times?

Concerning other topics mentioned, such as; " The Signs of the End times, or if I sin, will I loose my salvation?, we should start two new topics.

By the way thanks!

I will keep following this cloud....

;1-10,13);

------------------
                Moses
                Moses

Comment

Leaving - to depart. [Spanish: DEJANDO]

Living - to dwell in [Spanish: VIVIENDO]

Are you using the right words "Moses", or do you only know Egyptian Language?

On the Issue:

Q: Are any of the three guys evil guys of the devilish trinity present today?

A: Only the Dragon, Satan himself. The other two [the Beast and the False Prophet] can be any "Juan del Pueblo" that Satan uses after the Present Ministry of the Holy Spirit ends. Or, in other words, the two other guys do not EXIST YET, but when the Holy Spirit departs in its Present Ministry, then Satan will take over two men to make them his "son" and "prophetic spirit". Satan may be positioning them now, but if Jesus removes the Holy Spirit [and His Bride, the Church] in a hundred years from now, it is logical to think that by that time Satan will have another set of guys to do his bidding. Therefore to try to determine who will be the Beast, and who will be the False Prophet is foolish, and even a clear disobedience to Chrit's Words:

Acts 1.6-8 So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

BEAR THIS FACT: NO ONE KNOWS THE YEAR, MONTH, DAY OR HOUR THAT JESUS WILL COME TO TAKE HIS CHURCH, LEAST OF ALL SATAN. ONLY GOD KNOWS THIS AND HE HAS KEPT THIS A SECRET UNTIL THAT MOMENT COMES. BUT WE, THE BELIEVERS IN JESUS OF ANY AND ALL DENOMINATIONS, WHO WORSHIP JESUS IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH, WE WILL BE READY, WE WILL NOT BE CAUGHT BY SURPRISE.

Once the body of Christ is out of the way, then Satan will start his reign of terror through the anti-Christ and there will be so much suffering for seven years that if it was not limited to those seven years all people would perish. At the end of the seven years Jesus will appear with his Church and destroy that reign of evil [Revelation 19.11-21]. After that, humanity will see 1000 literal years of happiness as it has never seen. And after that, there will be made a New Heavens and a New Earth that will last forever, with no more conflict between good and evil.

------------------

Comment

i've heard people saying that we are in fact living in the last days...

there is a verse of scripture that says, "a thousand years is but a day to the Lord..."
                    i have often thought about this.

bear with me-
                    this is a very loose interpretation, so please do not chain me to it, i'm just imagining for a second:

if there are supposed to be 2k years between Adam and Noah, 2k years between the flood and Jesus, and there have been 2k years since Christ walked the earth as a man and the present time...

2+
                    ---
                    6k years...

and if 7 is the number of completion, next year we enter the 7th set of a thousand years. which PER THAT SCRIPTURE, if taken literally, would be the seventh day. we are already seeing signs: men are lovers of men and not of GOD, devestating earthquakes, war, plagues and diseases, some of the seasons don't make sense anymore...etc. i think we are definately living in the last days...we need to be working for the Kingdom.

NOW, i know the Bible also says NO MAN knows the day or the time when Christ will return. so we should keep busy by doing good works and by studying the Word, living, walking and talking it, too. it is so interesting to discuss everyone's views on this, it could even be described as exciting. BUT we oughtn't occupy our time trying to figure out when the Lord is coming back...we should just make sure we're doing what we want Him to find us doing when He returns. hee-hee!!!

------------------
                    Nicoletta
                    ;oD

[This message has been edited by Nicoletta (edited 07 April 2000).]
                    Nicoletta
                    ;oD

Comment

Nicole:

It is a cute math that I wished it worked.

Have you heard that where sin abounded Grace abounds even more? [Donde abunda el pecado, sobreabunda la Gracia.] If the time of the Exodus is around 1400BC (I think it was 1500BC), then the logic follows that if the Age of Grace is better than the Age of the Law, the Age of Grace should last twice as long as the Age of the Law: 2800 to 3000 years? Wow! So the world may have to go through 1000 years of mayhem before Jesus Returns? I hope not!!!

I choose to think that He may come back for me today, whether by death, or by Rapture.

------------------

Comment

As I said before, I take another Lap!

I appreciate your correction to my incorrect pronunciation of the words living versus leaving. Proactively speaking I take that as a positive, and from this point forward, this brother in Christ bought by the blood of Jesus, will keep the dictonary close by!

Back to the point; which you have never answered with a positive or a negative.

Estamos viviendo en el tiempo del fin?, no te vayas a creer que soy fariseo tambien, since you inquired that I could be an Egyptian.

Your response roundabout the coming of the Lord, instead of the time we are living in!

Your words as previously posted:
                        Quote: BEAR THIS FACT: NO ONE KNOWS THE YEAR, MONTH, DAY OR HOUR THAT JESUS WILL COME TO TAKE HIS CHURCH, LEAST OF ALL SATAN. ONLY GOD KNOWS THIS AND HE HAS KEPT THIS A SECRET UNTIL THAT MOMENT COMES. BUT WE, THE BELIEVERS IN JESUS OF ANY AND ALL DENOMINATIONS, WHO WORSHIP JESUS IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH, WE WILL BE READY, WE WILL NOT BE CAUGHT BY SURPRISE.

So are you evading to answer with a YES or a NO, o es posible que seas tan "Criollo" that you don't get the point!

May the Lord Christ open your eyes so that you start taking the Gospel of Christ to all of those that have not heard the good news of His Salvation, before the other two Juan del Pueblo take them by sorprise!

Hasta luego....

------------------
                        Moses

[This message has been edited by nivi2 (edited 07 April 2000).]

[This message has been edited by nivi2 (edited 07 April 2000).]
                        Moses

Comment

Working...
                        X