X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek Lessons

[i]
    2 Peter 3:14-16

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15 Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which IGNORANT and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Ignorance is the LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. We are all born ignorant. Learning FACTS does away with the ignorance. However, some religious circles like Jehovah Witnesses and Radical Islam rely on IGNORANCE to keep their bound and gagged members in line under the exploitive guidance of evil corrupt leaders. Some people enjoy bondage, they shun the TRUTH and even love DEATH, as we have seen since September 11, 2001. But for those persons who LOVE LIFE to learn the TRUTH is imperative.

FACTS are the ANTIDOTE not only to IGNORANCE but of blatant LIES.

For example, Jehovah Witnesses convert the New Testament into a manual for POLYTHEISM when they deliberative translate John's Gospel Chapter One Verse One to mean that somehow the WORD is
    a god. If the WORD be a god, then GOD would be condoning IDOLATRY when HE allows the entire Universe to WORHIP the LAMB in Revelation Chapter 5. Though Islam believes Christianity to be polytheistic, the only HISTORICAL and REAL answer to this slander is that all REAL Christians believe in ONE GOD: the Father-Son-Holy Spirit are not three gods, but ONE GOD. The deliberate distortion of John 1:1 by Jehovah Witnesses, not present in any serious and documented translation of the New Testament, is no accident by their leadership, since they have access to the FACTS, but to the many faithful Jehovah Witnesses their lack of access to the FACTS keep them in check.

Well, the following lesson in Greek will help any tormented Jehovah Witness who wants to know the TRUTH and will also help any Real Christian who may have questions on how John 1:1 should be translated.

First of all, New Testament Greek is not like Spanish or English in the sense that our modern languages have lost DECLENSIONS and CASES. Greek, like ancient Latin, ancient Germanic, ancient Sanscrit and other historical Indo-European languages had those features which are lacked now. In Spanish we make up for the lack of CASES by the use of PREPOSITIONS. In English they use less prepositions than in Spanish and they rely on WORD ORDER to a greater degree. Since we are in a Puerto Rican Forum lets focus in Spanish for a GRAMMAR REFRESHER LESSON
    (lets stress that total IGNORANCE of Grammar is a total obstacle in correctly interpreting and studying the Bible; if you have never had GRAMMAR taught at High School level, this refresher will provide little help, so go study Grammar before trying to understand things that are too deep for this posting to cover).

In Spanish when we write a TRANSITIVE sentence we have three components:

Subject-Verb-Predicate

For example:
    "PEDRO TIRA A PABLITO AL PISO." "Pedro throws Pablito to the floor".

Subject: PEDRO

Verb: TIRA

Predicate: PABLITO

Now, this type of Predicate is a DIRECT OBJECT.

Now, if we say
    "PEDRO LE DA LA PELOTA A PABLITO.", then we have PABLITO as an INDIRECT OBJECT.

Lets say a one more sentence:

"LA PELOTA DE PABLITO ES ROJA." "Pablito's ball is red."

This describes OWNERSHIP.

When a sentence has NO OBJECT, then it is INTRANSITIVE. In that case, what makes the sentence a COMPLETE THOUGHT is called a COMPLEMENT. Complements also can be present in Transitive Sentences. In fact, Spanish Grammar calls OBJECTS also COMPLEMENTS.

Grammar Refresher is over now, lets go to the ancient language: Greek.

In its KOINE form, that is INFORMAL everyday Mediterranean Greek of the First Century A.D., it has FOUR CASES:

For the SECOND DECLENSION: words ending in -os

NOMINATIVE - os

GENITIVE - ou
    pronounced "oo"

DATIVE - w
    pronounced "ow"

ACCUSATIVE - on

Lets use a name readily available in Greek and known to all: PAULOS

Anyone who knows Spanish knows that PAULOS and PABLO are the same guy.

The Nominative CASE describes the noun when it is the SUBJECT of the Sentence.
    PAULOS
    juega pelota.

The Genitive CASE describes the noun when other parts in the Sentence belong to it: OWNERSHIP.
    la pelota PAULOU es roja(pronounced Pauloo).

The Dative CASE describes the noun as an INDIRECT OBJECT:
    Pedro le da la pelota a PAULW (pronounced Paulow).

The Accusative CASE describes the noun when it is the DIRECT OBJECT:
    Pedro tira a PAULON al piso.

Also, in Koine Greek, the CIRCUMSTANTIAL COMPLEMENT
    (what we usually call in English a PREPOSITIONAL PHRASE) is described with the Accusative CASE (had it been Latin we would be talking of an Ablative CASE...).

Thus PEDRO ESTABA CON PABLO
    (Pedro was with Pablo) would be written using a Greek CASE as:
    Pedro estaba con[b] PAULON.
    So lets write the following in Greek:

IN THE BEGINNING WAS SAUL, AND SAUL WAS WITH PAUL, AND PAUL WAS SAUL.

Greek Structure and English writing:

In the beginning was Saul, and Saul was with PAULON, and PAULOS was Saul.
    Totally Greek:

En archey eyn ho Saulos, kai Saulos eyn pros ton PAULON, kai PAULOS eyn ho Saulos.
    Now, for anyone here with a clean heart and a clean conscience: go study John 1:1 in Greek with this small Greek Grammar Primer.

This lesson can not be applied to the specific....

Scripture, since it is more of modern Greek or latin and the problem here is far more difficult they you may potray. I suggest you to take advance Koine Greek because that is the level here, so do not try to confuse the audience. Anyway, John1:1 occurance is a qualitative and not definite since it really demands a indefinite sense, that is why the the use of an English indefinite articule "a" is best used here. The fact is that all grounds can be defended on grammmatical stance, the problem arises because of the Trinitarian bias attitude to keep The Father and the Son at the same level when in reality they are not. Ackowledging the overwhelming supporting facts of pagan Trinity is a Dogma and that God is the Father and Jesus Christ is a godlike figure and not THE GOD JEHOVAH completely brings us to the context of the distinction between Father and Son whereas the Holy Spirit is not even part of this translation topic.

Because the Trinitarian know how confusing is too support such dogma, the accuse the JW of many atrocities when in fact they believe in Monotheism at the very core.

Godlike is not by definition or nature meaning a god, instead a qualities of a god status, a far of definition for what they are falsely and maliciouly accused.

Comment

Estrada and his troubled conscience...

[b][i]When you go to University, study and PASS Greek Grammar, you can come and lecture us...

Comment

Not interest in a Trinitarian University

Jibaro,

Looks like you are bored. Jibaro you know extremelly well, your Greek studies are based on modern Greek, let go to antique Greek....Beside your Trinitarian and Prejudice University are about to be uncovered thanks to the lastest brake through of the scrolls...

Standby to eat up your Dogma and your cheap Greek teaching that will not apply to the old scriptures.

But knowing you...seeing an abism you will still follow and fall...Figure that one.

Comment

Estrada, you love to make things up..., just like C.T. Russell...

[b][i]Ancient languages are more GRAMMATICALLY COMPLEX than modern languages. Your very words betray your sheer IGNORANCE on Greek or any other ancient language .

Put a sock in your trap before you divulge any more of your IGNORANCE .

Comment

Jibaro looks like you just put your foot in your mouth

Jibaro looks like you are not thinking strait...

Jibaro says:

Ancient languages are more GRAMMATICALLY COMPLEX than modern languages.

If you actually recognize such fact, then why do you let a bunch of supposely translators use their limited knowledge of Ancient language make a fool and a first class ignorant. Especially, when you are debating a fact you have no molecular idea!!!

Jibaro, we have a translation problem and you might as well acknowledge it, I understand if you agree with me the Trinity demonic teaching will fade away, but if you are trying to be a true Christian, consider and act soon.

The whole world knows how these translator modified these Bible translation to self serve the Trinity Dogma, otherwise the faithful or the power of that Church would have disappear.

WAKE UP JIBARO.....

Comment

I'm already AWAKE, I have what you absolutely lack:

[i]the HOLY SPIRIT.

As long as you keep in your animal state
              (1 Corinthians 2:14, Romans 8:6-9), void of the HOLY SPIRIT, no amount of FACTS will penetrate your thick skull, and you will always be attracted by the spirit of this age..., who happens to be the same spirit that inspires your buddy Eddie the Marxist ANTI-CHRISTIAN (1 John 4:3)[b].

But, anyway, your sheer IGNORANCE is very amusing .

Comment

What Holy Spirit?

Jibaro,

Well so you are not intellectual enough to disect the truth so you refrain to low, cheap personal shots and attack, luckily I am adjust to your Demonic tactics, I belief just about everyone here. Any way.....

Come on, Bro... you know very well you do not understand the abomination concept of Trinity, in fact The Holy Spirit for you is a Just another god, for you is also Jesus and also Jehovah....so what in the world are you referring to? In order to maintain your manmade doctrine just say my "Trinitarian god"....They are just one for you right? So the bottom line here is that you worship three gods perhaps more..who knows? and I only worship ONE GOD Jehovah...I recognize the Divinity of Jesus Christ and the invisible power of Jehovah the Holy Spirit, whereas both Jesus and the Holy Spirit can never match Jehovah infinite and awsome power, yet Jesus must obey Jehovah, yet the Holy Spirit must report and take messages to God and its creation.

Do you see the difference? If you stop inclining your manmade doctrine into the real God you would have never conducted or behave as if you had demons all the time.

It is ironic how even none believers notice your ANti-Christ behavior.

Even the Muslims can see through your hipocrasy.

Comment

Maligning the HOLY SPIRIT on your part is no small mistake, Estrada...

[i]
                  Luke 12:9,10[b]

9But if anyone denies me here on earth, I will deny that person before God's angels. 10Yet those who speak against the Son of Man may be forgiven, but anyone who speaks blasphemies against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven.
                  Don't blame what you had for dinner for your sleepless nights haunted by your tormented conscience...

Comment

You just can not grasp it!!!!

Jibaro,

You should analyze the scriptures you posted, Since the Blasfemy is totally on your Trinitarian Believe. I give the proper addressing, position and Bible's strict teaching, no more, I will not go beyond adding or practicing Dogmatic abominations.

Those who practice manmade doctrine and reduce Jehovah to flesh and bone or a spiritual messenger is blasfeming and killing his soul.

I am still waiting for the Holy Spirit name Jibaro, what is it, since you still think it is a person!!!!

Comment

Your extremely vexed conscience is torturing you I see: well as long as you RESIST

[i]the HOLY SPIRIT you will not know any real PEACE...

Too bad, but then that is the lot of the ETERNALLY DOOMED.

Yet, as long as you live you still have a chance.

PS: since your doomed denomination, the "Jehovah Witnesses", loves to quote Scripture out of CONTEXT let me quote you the Scriptures that answer your scornful questions within CONTEXT.

John 4:21-24

21Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and Truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship in Spirit and in Truth.

2 Corinthians 3:12-18[b]

12Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in CHRIST is it taken away. 15Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the LORD, the veil is taken away. 17Now the LORD is the SPIRIT, and where the SPIRIT of the LORD is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the LORD's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the LORD, Who is the SPIRIT.
                      [Edited by El_Jibaro on 3rd December 2001 at 14:38]

Comment

The Spirit you claim....

Jibaro,

It is obvious, the spirit you claim to believe is the one that possess you and makes you beat yourself against the floor and hurt yourself.

That same spirit you let enter into your body, is the same that make you talk in "tongue" yet with no translators around. The bible has shut down those practices right along with sacrifices (candle ligthing, animal sacrifices and others).

The spirit you claim as a person perhaps is a "person" since all Demons do have names....

Yet the Holy Sprirt is tyhe active force of the Almighty Creator and is NOT a PERSON and IT DOES MOT have a NAME.

Still awaiting for his name............tic..tac...tic...tac...

Comment

There is POWER in the name of JESUS!!!

[i]But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

However, on behalf of those who truly do not want to share in your DOOM I will answer your ignorant and scornful question on names:

Acts 4:1-22

Peter and John before the Council[b]

1While Peter and John were speaking to the people, the leading priests, the captain of the Temple guard, and some of the Sadducees came over to them. 2They were very disturbed that Peter and John were claiming, on the authority of JESUS, that there is a resurrection of the dead. 3They arrested them and, since it was already evening, jailed them until morning. 4But many of the people who heard their message believed it, so that the number of believers totaled about five thousand men, not counting women and children.

5The next day the council of all the rulers and elders and teachers of religious law met in Jerusalem. 6Annas the high priest was there, along with Caiaphas, John, Alexander, and other relatives of the high priest. 7They brought in the two disciples and demanded, "By what power, or in whose name, have you done this?"

8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Leaders and elders of our nation, 9are we being questioned because we've done a good deed for a crippled man? Do you want to know how he was healed? 10Let me clearly state to you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed in the name and power of JESUS Christ from Nazareth, the man you crucified, but whom God raised from the dead. 11For JESUS is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says,

`The stone that you builders rejected
                          has now become the cornerstone.'

12THERE IS SALVATION IN NO ONE ELSE! THERE IS NO OTHER NAME IN ALL OF HEAVEN FOR PEOPLE TO CALL ON TO SAVE THEM."

13The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men who had had no special training. They also recognized them as men who had been with JESUS. 14But since the man who had been healed was standing right there among them, the council had nothing to say. 15So they sent Peter and John out of the council chamber and conferred among themselves.

16"What should we do with these men?" they asked each other. "We can't deny they have done a miraculous sign, and everybody in Jerusalem knows about it. 17But perhaps we can stop them from spreading their propaganda. We'll warn them not to speak to anyone in JESUS' name again." 18So they called the apostles back in and told them never again to speak or teach about JESUS.

19But Peter and John replied, "Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? 20We cannot stop telling about the wonderful things we have seen and heard."

21The council then threatened them further, but they finally let them go because they didn't know how to punish them without starting a riot. For everyone was praising God 22for this miraculous sign--the healing of a man who had been lame for more than forty years.

Comment

Yeap, I like when you select certain scriptures...but

Jibaro,

You forgot....

10Let me clearly state to you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed in the name and power of JESUS Christ from Nazareth, the man you crucified, but whom God raised from the dead.

What God (Jehovah) performed to get him back from the dead...since Jesus could not do it on his own.

Jibaro the Trinity is a flawed Doctrine...and you know it.

Comment

"Let me clearly state to you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed in the name and power of YAHSHUA MESSIAH from Nazareth, the man you crucified, but whom Elohim raised from the dead."

HALLELUYAH!

Comment

Working...
                              X