Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus as "a god" Part II

AnotherRican,

All those scriptures you are looking for, they will be answered here.

Again, Gregg is highly used, however various translations are used to include the Torah.

While the use of the article would be expected when "a substantive in the Nominative case is used in a vocative sense and followed by a possessive," it may be that Thomas never intended to call Jesus "God" at all, but merely directed his exclamation of praise to both Jesus and the Father, the latter being directly responsible for the resurrection of the Lord (compare Ga1:1; 2Cor 4:14; Heb 13:20), which is what Thomas doubted. Some Trinitarians argue that article-noun-kai-noun constructions, such as those found in Titus 2:13 and 2 Peter 1:1, are evidence that Jesus is God. They argue that if two persons were in view the article would surely have been repeated before the second of the two Kai-joined nouns. But is that not precisely what we have in John 20:28? Thus, it is quite possible that as the article distinguishes the nouns in Revelation 20:6 (tou theou kai tou christou, "of God and of the Christ"), it is likewise intended to distinguish Thomas "Lord" from his "God" in John 20:28. But the use of the article in John 20:28 is not conclusive, as several examples from the NT reveal.
    There is no question that Thomas was speaking to Jesus in John 20:28, as Jesus was the object of his astonishment and wonder. Thomas now believed, for the evidence stood before him in the person of Jesus, and Thomas reply was spoken to him (eipen auto). But was it directed to him? This question arises not only from the aforementioned observations on the use of article in John 20:28, but on the context, and the form of the words used. It is manifest that Thomas reply was in response to his conviction that Jesus had indeed been raised from the dead. It would not be out of place for Thomas to offer an exclamtion of praise to the Father as "LOrd" and "God," for He proved to be such by raising His Son from the dead. Another fact that seems to favor this conclusion is the use of the word "Lord". Thomas words are not recorded with "Lord" in its typical vocative (direct address)form (kyrie); rather, the nominative form (kyrios) is used. Of course, students of ancient Greek are likely to respond quickly by pointing out that numerous words lost their vocative form to the nominative by the time the NT was written. That is true, for the most part.
    The Fact is "Lord" retained its vocative form in classical Greek, the LXX, the NT, and the papyri, with barely a handful of cases where (ho kyrios) is used as a vocative.

AnotherRican I think we need to move on this side since the subject is really Bible. No crees?

Full convergeance of right and left.

Jesus was fully God and the continuity of God.

Since it was the great divide that divided Christ from Jesus the words "My Lord and my God" here signify that after completion on the cross ("it is finished") restoration must occur between the upper room and the lower room whence the apostels came.

Be reminded here that at one time the apostles were out and away from the lower room (the vacant stable) to herd sheep at night. These same shepherds-become-apostels now must be made familiar with the upper house for sanity to prevail.

Amos

Comment

Amos I remember such Dogma

Amos,

Your analogy is how the Cartholics satisfy or provide rational to have your faith followers confess to a human Priest versus God directly. Amos you forgot to establish the equality of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Priesthood. I also noticed you did not even quoted the Bible, perhaps you can quote the dogmatic Book you extracted the above information!!!

Comment

That's a cheap shot.

Originally posted by conciencia
        Amos,

Your analogy is how the Cartholics satisfy or provide rational to have your faith followers confess to a human Priest versus God directly. Amos you forgot to establish the equality of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Priesthood. I also noticed you did not even quoted the Bible, perhaps you can quote the dogmatic Book you extracted the above information!!!
        It takes some time to take you through this and now is not the time.

Thank you.

Amos

Comment

Did not meant to be "cheap hitter"

Amos,

We really need to stick to the facts on the Bible and not poetic interpretations. I understand your avenue, I just to take you to the gate!!

Comment

If so, we're done.

Originally posted by conciencia
            Amos,

We really need to stick to the facts on the Bible and not poetic interpretations. I understand your avenue, I just to take you to the gate!!
            OK, if that is your way of discussing the bible I will have nothing to say. In fact, nobody should or it would not be the living Word of God.

Amos

Comment

Working...
            X