Need Help To Find An English Speaking Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help To Find An English Speaking Church

Hi, My name is Dennis. This is my first time posting here. I am hoping someone here can help me. My wife and I bought a house in Ponce this past summer and we are going to move there this coming August. We currently live in Springfield, MA. My wife already has a Church picked out for her. She comes from Adjuntas. I myself was born here in Springfield and although I am half Hispanic I don't speak Spanish. I am a Christian and I'm currently a member at Grace Church Of Christ. I hope someone can help me.

English Speaking Church

Dennis,

I lived in Dorado, PR (on the north side of the island) for several years and was a member of Dorado Bible Baptist Church. The pastor, Orlando Rivera, is a dedicated man of God and the people in the church are wonderful. The church telephone number is (787) 643-2544. The church has a website at:

http://premium.caribe.net/~orivera/index.htm

I know there are several other English speaking churches in PR, but they are mostly in the San Juan area. There used to be another one either in Juntos or Humacao, but I don't remember the name. I know Orlando would love for you to visit the church in Dorado and I'm sure he can point you in the direction of a church closer to Ponce, if Dorado is too far for you to drive. Good luck and let me know what you find or decide.

Greg King

Comment

Hey Dennis,
      If you still need help, let me know where Ponce is, and i might be able to help you out. You cna also IM me at latinoatheart255@yahoo.com
      Thanks,
      Crispy D

Comment

Christian Church~Spanish and English

Hello Dennis,

My name is Mary...I too was looking for a Christian Church in Puerto Rico..I have recently moved to Puerto Rico from New York..I do not speak spanish, yet....

I have found a Christian Church that had recognized my needs the moment I walked in the church...I was at the end of my rope when I found HOPE in this small church..

The pastor will preach in Spanish and English and I was very welcomed...

I live in Villalba which is not far from Ponce...Depending where you live in PONCE it would take you about 20 minutes...The Church is in Villalba and very easy to get to...

Let me know if you want further information...

Blessings~Mary

Comment

All respect to those above whom subscribe to Chrsitianity. This may not even be corect of me. But, I will submit my unsolicited POV. Should anyone be offended, please contact me. This is something I wrote in another thread:

Conversely, it's very possible that, instead of God having created the human race, the human race has created God.

Having a God to turn to is a nice commodity to have. It's analogous to that old fire suppression system with a sign that said, "In case of emergency, break glass and pull handle." It's nice to assume there's a higher power whom to turn to before and during the time in which things go awry. It's like that rich uncle who has the capability to bail us out when all else fails.

At times, our devotion to God is either contradicting, or based on convenience. So many of us engage in immoral acts on a regular basis, yet turn to God when things start going down hill. As soon as things get back to normal, the partying resumes. Other times we seek God when we're pushed by the fears of a supposed hell.

From many pulpits, preachers hurl their fear words of an impending hell should we fail to believe as they believe, act as they act, pray as they pray, and sometimes even use the words they use. So, just like docile sheep, we follow the tune of the merry fear-mongering piper who lead us to believe that they somehow know something about God that we've yet to discover or understand. Their words instill such fear that most of us bow our heads as instructed. The simple act of bowing our heads humbles us. We are lead to assume a position of humility. We look and feel humble. If you look humble, you feel humble. This temporary sense of humility places us a few steps below the fear-mongering preacher who uses this moment of weakness to tell us that we're destined to hell, unless we do XYZ, which normally involves giving your money to "God" so that others may also someday be "saved."

So, we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. We tell ourselves that we are unworthy, and thus eternally subserviant to a doctrine of belief. We are made to feel permanently humble, permanently subserviant, permanently lead and shown the way by others who convince us that if we don't follow their steps, we are destined to eternity in hell. And, like the analogy of the old fire supperssion system, we align ourselves with a particular brand of religion, just in case hell happens to exist. This is our fire insurance; our way out just in case things start to burn around us. And for this we thank our preachers by giving them our money and followership which others should also model.

Comment

Hi, I am new here. What you say is very interesting Suerte, and also true about some pastors, but I know some pastors who are not like that but they collect offering which is only given from the heart, and then the pastor is the one that tithes from the offering, and gives the money to someone in need. I believe there is a higher power, because we have a soul and a spirit and we hurt and have feelings. I know that we couldn't have been created by some big bang theory, and I've had dreams of the great Creator, spiritual dreams. Some people who don't believe are shown through dreams. The reasons I believe my dreams are real is because I would dream something that happened before it actually happened. I believe that it is from the God in heaven.

Holla at DHawkgirl

Comment

Originally posted by DHawkgirl View Post
              Hi, I am new here. What you say is very interesting Suerte, and also true about some pastors, but I know some pastors who are not like that but they collect offering which is only given from the heart, and then the pastor is the one that tithes from the offering, and gives the money to someone in need. I believe there is a higher power, because we have a soul and a spirit and we hurt and have feelings. I know that we couldn't have been created by some big bang theory, and I've had dreams of the great Creator, spiritual dreams. Some people who don't believe are shown through dreams. The reasons I believe my dreams are real is because I would dream something that happened before it actually happened. I believe that it is from the God in heaven.

Holla at DHawkgirl
              Greetings! And thanks for your post.

The dreams you described are known as Prophetic Dreams. During my life, I had one Prophetic Dream. I cannot stress how detailed and precise the dream was. The details of the dream occured that very same day.

Comment

Working...
              X