No announcement yet.

What are Dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With enough practice dreams can be controlled as easily as you can control your movements when you are awake.

There is a book called "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming", which contains techniques and exercises to induce lucid dreaming.

I for one do not believe there is some hidden meaning in our dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are almost always connected to our recent experiences. That's not to say that dreaming cannot be used to answer questions and overcome fears you may have.

As far as Suki's dream, just reaching lucidity in the dream
    will help you deal with that wave.

---

Here is the best tip I got from that book:
    In your dream ask yourself if you are dreaming. If you are not 100% sure, then you are dreaming.

The hard part is coming to the point of asking yourself that question. You need to get into the habit of asking yourself many times during the day, "Am I dreaming?". There will be times where you ask yourself that question and still fail to realize you are dreaming; It just takes practice.

Comment

Eddierosado

Yes, that is a good technique. Except when the mind is so vividly in the dream state so deeply in that state of mind that the more self aware part that speaks to the subconscious is totally gone.

Recently I have had some really interesting dreams. But unfortunately they are very sexual. And I have learned not to be mentioning anything of that nature in here. The men get the wrong impression and instead of it becoming scientific psychological analysis it becomes an invitation for crudeza. Or accusation of being sex oriented. Lol. I still remember Eddier1 remembering a line I said about the fragrance of my husband's skin, and he interpreting it as me being requete erotic. Lol. I am through with that. Facts and intellect is best. Con los hombres boricuas. Aprendi mi leccion.

What is your average recurring dream Eddierosado?

Suki.

Comment

Re: Eddierosado

Originally posted by Suki
        Yes, that is a good technique. Except when the mind is so vividly in the dream state so deeply in that state of mind that the more self aware part that speaks to the subconscious is totally gone.

Recently I have had some really interesting dreams. But unfortunately they are very sexual. And I have learned not to be mentioning anything of that nature in here. The men get the wrong impression and instead of it becoming scientific psychological analysis it becomes an invitation for crudeza. Or accusation of being sex oriented. Lol. I still remember Eddier1 remembering a line I said about the fragrance of my husband's skin, and he interpreting it as me being requete erotic. Lol. I am through with that. Facts and intellect is best. Con los hombres boricuas. Aprendi mi leccion.

Suki.
        I cant remember ever having the same dream, they are similar in the sense that I am getting chased or falling, but not like the same recurring dream.

Comment

Re: Re: Eddierosado

Originally posted by eddierosado
          Originally posted by Suki

Suki.
          I cant remember ever having the same dream, they are similar in the sense that I am getting chased or falling, but not like the same recurring dream.

To Suki and Eddierosado, I will love to know more about it.
          I heard from it, and I feel very atract, because it is just plain interesting.

Comment

Last Night's Dream

I dreamt I was woken up in the middle of the night and it was bright outside. The sun was out. I had on a pink dress with big red flowers on, and felt light and happy. And someone was honking the horn. I went outside, and there was someone in a little blue mini car. He was an older gentleman with pilot glasses on and he was alert with a cane. I smiled and asked him his name, and he said "Don't you know, I am Eddier1 from pr.com" I laughed and said,
            "What are you doing here?", and he said, "I decided to take a trip, and to visit you. Let us go to the mountains. Vamonos." I got in and when I saw his face he was so interesting. And he drove and I said---" But you don't drive you said your last car was an old plymouth." Lol. And then we were going in a lake and the car become a submarine and there were fish. Then I turned to look at Eddie, and he was piloting the sub quite absorbed trying to chase sharks, we pulled out of the water. And he needed help getting out of the sub and said, "Suki read this"...and handed me a huge copy of Shakespeares's Complete works.... And then we argued about everything. Lol. And at the end, I woke up in a wheat field and Eddier1 was running down the wheat field like a young man....and I thought it strange. And I thought to go back home. And I woke up. First time I dreamt about some person on pr.com....I am not surprised it was Eddier1. Though I think I have dreamt of Leticia g...but I just don't remember it so vividly. Or wrote it down like I did this morning. Oh, and eddier1 answered every personal question I asked him....lol....it was a good dream. A pesar de todo lo extrano.

Suki.

Comment

Working...
            X