Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is DEATH?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is DEATH?

    What is death?

    My answer, "I don't know what it is." Never been dead yet. Lol. But it is true. I don't know what comes after we die. I know what religious people say is true. But is it true? I have to be brutally honest. It could all be a bunch of fantasies and not the truth. We won't know for real as individuals until we die. Will we die? You bet. Each day lived brings you closer to the day of expiration. What do we know? We know that which we experience.

    You know Eddie in Jose Nestor's thread told me that since I thought sex was so great, and the Catholics say there is no sex in heaven. That leaves me out. Lol. He was trying to emphasize religious dogma....and its ridiculousness. Its exclusions and judgementalism. And inhumane side. But, we are the sum of our experiences and our knowledge and our life....lived. And we as you once said....'a patch of our brains'....what we can percieve. And we are made to err. For we are human. ANd not perfect.

    If I say I like something, it is due to my experiences of it. Someone else might have a different view or experience. Death though is final...and no one really knows what happens. Though I know some of us, felt we have had dreams of mystical supposedly feelings. Some reinterpret it as the fantasies of a hungry and deprived child. Under tremendous pressures. I know what the child means. For I wanted to believe so much in my 'myth' just so I could be comforted emotionally by a devastating emotional void of loss caused by loving someone so much....they become a part of your very essence. And if they are gone....the pain on a mental and emotional scale will kill you.....and tear you to pieces. One develops a healthy fear of feeling it again....it is so deep....and all encompassing. If one truly loves and cares for another the right way.....when they are gone forever it seems....the loss can kick you so bad emotionally, that one looks for anything to try to shore up your defenses....

    Death....maybe it is a good thing. For those in pain and suffering with no hope of recovery. Maybe it is mystery to us. But...it is part of life. This life. No one can say otherwise.

    Thanks for reading this...to those who read it....

    Suki.

  • #2
    I have not attempted poetry before....but I need to write it....it relieves the pain....of rememberance....

    what is this feeling I feel....when you are no longer there....

    I remember when I first came home....and knew there would never again be your voice, to say to me in your loving tone...something to make me laugh or smile....

    I would find something interesting and or funny or great and find myself picking up the phone......to tell you...and then realize....you aren't gonna be there to hear it...

    How I can't breathe and my whole being cries and cries to know a child of mine will never hear your voice or know your face or be able to bask in your presence....like I did....

    How all I can do, is pound the walls until my hands bleed, my throat is raw, from so much wailing and crying....and no relief.....knowing that I won't ever see or be with you ever again....

    How I wish, I could have given more, been more, been better and or been perfect for you....and know I couldn't be...I was flawed and so were you....yet that flawed mortality is enough....

    How I am filled with fear when I think, another, my dearest mother....might make me feel all of it over again...can I take it?

    Oh, my most beautiful of husbands....he told me the other day...."eres mi vida, mi universo, mi sol....mi esposa preciosa...cuidate siempre....por que si algo te pasa a ti....he tenido suficiente tragedias...y perderte...no se...no se si lo sobrevivire." How I know exactly what he meant.....when he said that....for I barely survived that loss....of flesh of my flesh, bones of my bones, life of my life....padre amado.

    How one floats in the universe.....looking for relief from such devastation.....what anchors one in reality in life and in this time....strength....and others.....who give us strength....tenous friendship....and community...duty and purpose, and knowing one is not alone in all that loss, and pain and suffering...so many share it...and keep going forward...how they are my flesh now....and bones of my bones....and life of my life...as well....

    What is death? For me? I don't know. All I know is how when someone you love more than life itself is taken by death....one never is quite the same....ever. That is what I know.

    Suki.

    Comment


    • #3
      DEATH IS LIKE LIFE, WHAT IS LIFE?

      WELL NEVER KNOW UNTIL WERE DEAD AND SINCE THE DEAD DONT SPEAK IS JUST A MISTERY. UNLESS U BELIVE DEATH IS LIFE LIKE JESUS SAID. IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR BELIEVES AND THATS WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE

      Comment


      • #4
        Living Death?

        Wich is it Death? or Life? hmmmm.. the quest for human knowlege and answers.

        To me.. death is death and life is life, you cant combine the two. its like trying to mix oil with water, they wont mix. However something you brought, interestingly enough it just doesnt stay away from these arguments, is what religion says about death. See, the world (unbelievers of God) believe that death is the end.. after death, thats it, you dont feel anything you simple "stop being", O - K. Others have you believe in reincarnation, unprovable as it is, people still believe it. The believers (of God) believe in heaven, a peaceful, loving, so wonderful its underscribable place that promises eternity without fear, death, sickness, sorrow, anger, envy, war, strives, work, and just simply what humans, through sence, consider as 'bad'. So my question is.. why risk it? I have three choices - Nothingness, reaincarnation in a bug, or heaven! hmmmm.. tough choice, huh? You said... "well what if its all fake and a fantacy?".. ok.. what if it isnt? will you risk it. anybody in their right state of mind will preffer a million dollars to one penny. I dont want a penny or Nothingness, as oposed to a million dollars or Heaven. Death is up to you.

        nuff said

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Suki
          What is death?

          My answer, "I don't know what it is." Never been dead yet. Lol. But it is true. I don't know what comes after we die. I know what religious people say is true. But is it true? I have to be brutally honest. It could all be a bunch of fantasies and not the truth. We won't know for real as individuals until we die. Will we die? You bet. Each day lived brings you closer to the day of expiration. What do we know? We know that which we experience.

          You know Eddie in Jose Nestor's thread told me that since I thought sex was so great, and the Catholics say there is no sex in heaven. That leaves me out. Lol. He was trying to emphasize religious dogma....and its ridiculousness. Its exclusions and judgementalism. And inhumane side. But, we are the sum of our experiences and our knowledge and our life....lived. And we as you once said....'a patch of our brains'....what we can percieve. And we are made to err. For we are human. ANd not perfect.

          If I say I like something, it is due to my experiences of it. Someone else might have a different view or experience. Death though is final...and no one really knows what happens. Though I know some of us, felt we have had dreams of mystical supposedly feelings. Some reinterpret it as the fantasies of a hungry and deprived child. Under tremendous pressures. I know what the child means. For I wanted to believe so much in my 'myth' just so I could be comforted emotionally by a devastating emotional void of loss caused by loving someone so much....they become a part of your very essence. And if they are gone....the pain on a mental and emotional scale will kill you.....and tear you to pieces. One develops a healthy fear of feeling it again....it is so deep....and all encompassing. If one truly loves and cares for another the right way.....when they are gone forever it seems....the loss can kick you so bad emotionally, that one looks for anything to try to shore up your defenses....

          Death....maybe it is a good thing. For those in pain and suffering with no hope of recovery. Maybe it is mystery to us. But...it is part of life. This life. No one can say otherwise.

          Thanks for reading this...to those who read it....

          Suki.

          Comment


          • #6
            reigion

            que es muerte? Bueno el ser humano por naturaleza teme lo desconosido.Pero si uno a sido visitado en varias ocasiones uno tiende a aprecial la vida en cada momento que pasa en ella. Es como un viaje que no tiene destino y el propocito es disfruarlo junto a las malas. aunque hay tendecia a recordar las no so gratas experiecia [o[ etapa de la exciistencia hay que tener un reflejo cara a cara (con la dona) para empezar a comprende un poquito lo que la muete conlleba. Cada mente cada crencia y convicion es unica y verdadera y eso se lama libre alverdrio

            Comment


            • #7
              i dont mean to be depressing. but there is another type of death in this world. it is when you die on the inside. and i forgot where i was going with this .
              Plant your field of dreams, baby and let it flourish.
              By EVE

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by phillysmostvicious
                i dont mean to be depressing. but there is another type of death in this world. it is when you die on the inside. and i forgot where i was going with this .
                Suki: A lot of people die on the inside and are the walking dead. They give up on what they want in life. They keep accepting what they should never accept, they go through the motions of habit and never remember what brought them joy and what made them whole. What made them want to get up in the morning and work hard because what they did and continue to do everyday has a lot of meaning for them. Yes, they are the walking dead. They gave up on themselves and on all the possibilities in life. The ones who don't remain engaged and passionate and enthusiastic about this journey called life til the very end. they died before they die for real. And there are so many of them.

                But the ones who know what gives them meaning and go after it and nurture it and share it with everyone they know. It is great. So many human relationships are truly superficial. They are. Business relationships based on making money or spending money and in which real attachment to the other party is nil. Temporary relationships and casual relationships of acquaintanceship in which true sharing between people doesn't exist. Bad family relationships in which love and friendship and empathy and trust is present and natural and good, instead becomes empty and frustrating for so many people. They die on the inside with the cruelties of humans to humans. The humiliations, disrespect and lack of considerations, the disdain and hatreds shown to them. The coldness of the world. And the lack of logic and justice too. It makes them die slowly. And one day they wake up and realize they feel dead inside. I know people like that. And it is really something sad to see. I also see people who keep pursuing relationships based on the wrong thing. People having sex just for sex and not giving a damn about the other person. Using them selfishly. And they don't understand why it feels so empty to them. And ultimately disgusting. Selfishness in all things is not very fulfilling and never will be. Nurturing one's self is. In the sense of taking care of one's need for privacy and respecting one's need for reflective time and relaxation and time to be one's self. So that when you rejoin the human race you can give a lot without any irritations. But instead people have so many disappointments, they want qualities in others that they fail to develop and work on themselves. They accept crap from others they should never accept. So many things. Humans are complex.

                And THEY DON'T have to feel that way. Never. What they need is some red light in their minds and in their hearts. There is nothing like doing for others and giving of yourself to others. Taking care of one's self too so you can refuel and go out there and come alive and do what is definitely your mission in the world. QUE VIVA LA VIDA.



                Comment


                • #9
                  that was beautiful
                  Plant your field of dreams, baby and let it flourish.
                  By EVE

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Live & Let Die

                    Death is all good if faced with TRUTH. Without Death how would life be soooo precious? It brings judgement by ending the Life of No Good Mother Flowers. Brings peace to them that suffer. You should always Live for the moment, 'cause that is all anyperson really has. If you fear Death then you are already in its grip 'cause you will not fully live. Right now all the money on Earth can NOT keep anyone alive forever, we have yet to evolve into Godly Beings. Far too many people run from death at all co$t, BEWARE! There is no limit to their maddness, abductions of humans are done for many reasons. Just live life as well as you possibly can and FEAR NOT! THE TRUTH is to set you FREE!
                    NO FEAR

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by phillysmostvicious
                      i dont mean to be depressing. but there is another type of death in this world. it is when you die on the inside. and i forgot where i was going with this .

                      Lol! I know someone who blamed his forgetfulness on WEED! LOL!
                      If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
                      Thomas Szasz

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Indio360
                        Death is all good if faced with TRUTH. Without Death how would life be soooo precious? It brings judgement by ending the Life of No Good Mother Flowers. Brings peace to them that suffer. You should always Live for the moment, 'cause that is all anyperson really has. If you fear Death then you are already in its grip 'cause you will not fully live. Right now all the money on Earth can NOT keep anyone alive forever, we have yet to evolve into Godly Beings. Far too many people run from death at all co$t, BEWARE! There is no limit to their maddness, abductions of humans are done for many reasons. Just live life as well as you possibly can and FEAR NOT! THE TRUTH is to set you FREE!

                        This is true

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          La muerte, un ciclo mas de la existencia humana en el Cosmos.

                          Death is passing to another cycle of existence, a higher call for living things.

                          Death does not end anything, it is just a continuation of the stages of the soul travelling through the Cosmos in a never-ending quest for enlightnment and happiness.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hmmmm.... ok

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              For Atheists: Death is the END.

                              For Christians: Death is the BEGINNING of residing in HEAVEN.

                              For Anti-christians: Death is the Beginning of the END.



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X