Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaneMas
    replied
    Awwww I'm so happy for you! What a lucky boy he is. I'm sure you and your husband will teach him the importance of humanity. Like Yuyike said, you are missed, Now you can read posts from only those you wish with the ignore feature!

Tell me the details in email or PM if you like.

On death, this excerpt pretty much prepares people for it. It's on this thread.:

When a person’s body is ready and wanting to stop, but the person is still unresolved or unreconciled over some important issue or with some significant relationship, he or she may tend to linger in order to finish whatever needs finishing even though he or she may be uncomfortable or debilitated. On the other hand, when a person is emotionally-spiritually-mentally resolved and ready for this release, but his or her body has not completed its final physical shut down, the person will continue to live until that shut down process ceases.

The experience we call death occurs when the body completes its natural process of shutting down, and when the spirit completes its natural process of reconciling and finishing. These two processes need to happen in a way appropriate and unique to the values, beliefs, and lifestyle of the dying person.

Therefore, as you seek to prepare yourself as this event approaches, the members of your Hospice care team want you to know what to expect and how to respond in ways that will help your loved one accomplish this transition with support, understanding, and ease. This is the great gift of love you have to offer your loved one as this moment approaches.

The emotional-spiritual-mental and physical signs and symptoms of impending death which follow are offered to help you understand the natural kinds of things which may happen and how you can respond appropriately. Not all these signs and symptoms will occur with every person, nor will they occur in this particular sequence. Each person is unique and needs to do things in his or her own way. This is not the time to try to change your loved one, but the time to give full acceptance, support, and comfort......

http://www.hospicenet.org/html/preparing_for.html

Leave a comment:

• Yujike
    replied
    Suki, saludos and congrats on your new addition to the family, now the REAL work starts, with a new life!

We've been having a lot of fun in this forum lately with the discovery of the IGNORE bottom, which have kept hate, personal vendettas and doom out of our conversations and hopefully is propelling us into a new more positive direction. People seem more open to talk about things that really matter and after a long time I look forward to reading all the posts and share ideas and opinions. Jane has done a remarkable job at finding info about Puerto Rico and its history, music and patriots.. and some really good jokes too!! I hope you can re-join us because I've always enjoyed your comments and you are a very important part of this whole enchilada. Again, congratulations!

What is the baby's name?? How much did he weight?

Leave a comment:

• Suki
    replied
    Hello Jane.

I missed some philosophy threads and had a tiny window of time to read it and was surprised to see my old thread being responded to.

Life is what is important and how you live that life. Death is the unknowable. And as such is secondary to living life. Just be true to your conscience and death will not be a scary proposition at the end.

Oh, Jane. I am so joyous. I have a son!! And he is all I ever dreamed of!! I can die happy because of it.

I love philosophy. It is the sunlight in the darkness. It always has been.

A Good Night....to all.

Suki.

Leave a comment:

• JaneMas
    replied
    This is a good link.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ate/P57926.asp

The Basics

How to plan an $800 funeral

The death of a loved one can bring not only grief but a labyrinth of difficult -- and costly -- choices about funerals and burial. Learn how to deflect sales pitches, save money and spend wisely on the elements that really matter.

By Christopher Solomon

When a loved one dies, the last thing on most people’s minds is money. Only later do grief-stricken survivors find out that dying in America is very expensive -- so expensive, the saying goes, that no one can afford to do it anymore.

The average funeral in the United States cost $6,500 in 2004, according to the National Funeral Directors Association. The true sum can easily reach $10,000 once a burial plot, flowers and other costs are included, says AARP.

You needn’t go into debt in order to honor the dead, however. In many parts of the country, a loved one can be laid to rest with dignity for less than $800, by choosing cremation and exercising some creativity. Even those who favor a more traditional funeral and burial can save hundreds or thousands of dollars by taking a few simple steps.

Whatever your preferences, consumer advocates recommend three steps above all others........continue

Leave a comment:

• FULANODETAL
    replied
    Death is Expensive

Cant say exactly what lies after death; however I do believe that there is an afterlife; I certainly hope so, because if all there is to life is this worldly existence, then that really blows.

What I can say is that death, on average, is about a $12,000 bill- which includes the funeral and plot. Some would even consider this cheap. Unfortunately, I was primarily responsible for burying two of my brothers, so I speak from unfortunate experience.

Which raises an age old problem. TOO MANY PUERTO RICANS have NO life insurance?, but that's another topic I guess.

Saludos Boricanos!

Leave a comment:

• JaneMas
    replied
    For Christians: Death is the BEGINNING of residing in HEAVEN.
    Then why are they AFRAID TO DIE AT THE HOSPITAL? Why do you INSIST on being hooked up to MACHINES to PROLONG YOUR DEAD LIFE?

Preparing for Approaching Death

http://www.hospicenet.org/html/preparing_for.html

When a person enters the final stage of the dying process, two different dynamics are at work which are closely interrelated and interdependent. On the physical plane, the body begins the final process of shutting down, which will end when all the physical systems cease to function. Usually this is an orderly and undramatic progressive series of physical changes which are not medical emergencies requiring invasive interventions. These physical changes are a normal, natural way in which the body prepares itself to stop, and the most appropriate kinds of responses are comfort enhancing measures.

The other dynamic of the dying process at work is on the emotional-spiritual-mental plane, and is a different kind of process. The spirit of the dying person begins the final process of release from the body, its immediate environment, and all attachments. This release also tends to follow its own priorities, which may include the resolution of whatever is unfinished of a practical nature and reception of permission to “let go” from family members. These events are the normal, natural way in which the spirit prepares to move from this existence into the next dimension of life. The most appropriate kinds of responses to the emotional-spiritual-mental changes are those which support and encourage this release and transition.

When a person’s body is ready and wanting to stop, but the person is still unresolved or unreconciled over some important issue or with some significant relationship, he or she may tend to linger in order to finish whatever needs finishing even though he or she may be uncomfortable or debilitated. On the other hand, when a person is emotionally-spiritually-mentally resolved and ready for this release, but his or her body has not completed its final physical shut down, the person will continue to live until that shut down process ceases.

The experience we call death occurs when the body completes its natural process of shutting down, and when the spirit completes its natural process of reconciling and finishing. These two processes need to happen in a way appropriate and unique to the values, beliefs, and lifestyle of the dying person.

Leave a comment:

• El_Jibaro
    replied
    For Atheists: Death is the END.

For Christians: Death is the BEGINNING of residing in HEAVEN.

For Anti-christians: Death is the Beginning of the END.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hmmmm.... ok

Leave a comment:

• Yujike
    replied
    La muerte, un ciclo mas de la existencia humana en el Cosmos.

Death is passing to another cycle of existence, a higher call for living things.

Death does not end anything, it is just a continuation of the stages of the soul travelling through the Cosmos in a never-ending quest for enlightnment and happiness.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Indio360
    Death is all good if faced with TRUTH. Without Death how would life be soooo precious? It brings judgement by ending the Life of No Good Mother Flowers. Brings peace to them that suffer. You should always Live for the moment, 'cause that is all anyperson really has. If you fear Death then you are already in its grip 'cause you will not fully live. Right now all the money on Earth can NOT keep anyone alive forever, we have yet to evolve into Godly Beings. Far too many people run from death at all co$t, BEWARE! There is no limit to their maddness, abductions of humans are done for many reasons. Just live life as well as you possibly can and FEAR NOT! THE TRUTH is to set you FREE!

This is true

Leave a comment:

• JaneMas
    replied
    Originally posted by phillysmostvicious
    i dont mean to be depressing. but there is another type of death in this world. it is when you die on the inside. and i forgot where i was going with this .

Lol! I know someone who blamed his forgetfulness on WEED! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Live & Let Die

Death is all good if faced with TRUTH. Without Death how would life be soooo precious? It brings judgement by ending the Life of No Good Mother Flowers. Brings peace to them that suffer. You should always Live for the moment, 'cause that is all anyperson really has. If you fear Death then you are already in its grip 'cause you will not fully live. Right now all the money on Earth can NOT keep anyone alive forever, we have yet to evolve into Godly Beings. Far too many people run from death at all co$t, BEWARE! There is no limit to their maddness, abductions of humans are done for many reasons. Just live life as well as you possibly can and FEAR NOT! THE TRUTH is to set you FREE!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that was beautiful

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phillysmostvicious
    i dont mean to be depressing. but there is another type of death in this world. it is when you die on the inside. and i forgot where i was going with this .
    Suki: A lot of people die on the inside and are the walking dead. They give up on what they want in life. They keep accepting what they should never accept, they go through the motions of habit and never remember what brought them joy and what made them whole. What made them want to get up in the morning and work hard because what they did and continue to do everyday has a lot of meaning for them. Yes, they are the walking dead. They gave up on themselves and on all the possibilities in life. The ones who don't remain engaged and passionate and enthusiastic about this journey called life til the very end. they died before they die for real. And there are so many of them.

But the ones who know what gives them meaning and go after it and nurture it and share it with everyone they know. It is great. So many human relationships are truly superficial. They are. Business relationships based on making money or spending money and in which real attachment to the other party is nil. Temporary relationships and casual relationships of acquaintanceship in which true sharing between people doesn't exist. Bad family relationships in which love and friendship and empathy and trust is present and natural and good, instead becomes empty and frustrating for so many people. They die on the inside with the cruelties of humans to humans. The humiliations, disrespect and lack of considerations, the disdain and hatreds shown to them. The coldness of the world. And the lack of logic and justice too. It makes them die slowly. And one day they wake up and realize they feel dead inside. I know people like that. And it is really something sad to see. I also see people who keep pursuing relationships based on the wrong thing. People having sex just for sex and not giving a damn about the other person. Using them selfishly. And they don't understand why it feels so empty to them. And ultimately disgusting. Selfishness in all things is not very fulfilling and never will be. Nurturing one's self is. In the sense of taking care of one's need for privacy and respecting one's need for reflective time and relaxation and time to be one's self. So that when you rejoin the human race you can give a lot without any irritations. But instead people have so many disappointments, they want qualities in others that they fail to develop and work on themselves. They accept crap from others they should never accept. So many things. Humans are complex.

And THEY DON'T have to feel that way. Never. What they need is some red light in their minds and in their hearts. There is nothing like doing for others and giving of yourself to others. Taking care of one's self too so you can refuel and go out there and come alive and do what is definitely your mission in the world. QUE VIVA LA VIDA.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X