SOUL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOUL?

Does anyone believe the existence of a soul? If so, what is it? What is its purpose? Where did it come from? After you die, where will it go?

In my opinion, there is no soul, just a personality and body.

The meaning of life.

What do you think the meaning of life is?

Comment

Orocoveño Responde acerca del Alma

The question was posed to me recently in a Scientific forum discussion. As the word Soul is immediately associated with Biblical terminology, I wish first to state that the Bible is a story of the Redemption of Man and NOT a book of Science. However, I find that "laws" of science [to be diferentiated from "theories"] corraborate God's existence and His wonderful works.

In a discussion where Entropy or the Second Law of Thermodynamics was being discussed, we had reached the conclusion that entropy works against the evolutionary idea. An atheist, asked me the following question which I feel addresses your question as well.

if we're going down - decreasing the quality - how would you explain what would happen to the righteous ones at judgement day? sure, the thought of a heaven would be a good amount of 'perfection' - not really entropy, i'd say.
      My Answer:

That is a good observation and I am glad that you asked. If this law is fact, then what you say must be explained. This makes more sense than many believe but skepticism keeps many away from this truth. [It goes back to a question posed...prove that there is a Soul...] I only hope that you and anyone else can look at this without the skepticism often seen and argued here. Please review the following passage of Scripture talking about the coming of Jesus and the destiny of the righteous:

"But I tell you this, brethren, flesh and blood cannot [become partakers of eternal salvation and] inherit or share in the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable (that which is decaying) inherit or share in the imperishable (the immortal). Take notice! I tell you a mystery (a secret truth, an event decreed by the hidden purpose or counsel of God). We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed (transformed) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the [sound of the] last trumpet call. For a trumpet will sound, and the dead [in Christ] will be raised imperishable (free and immune from decay), and we shall be changed (transformed)." 1 Corinthians 15:50-52 :: Amplified Bible (AMP)
      As you can see, the righteous are said to be "transformed/changed" as it is clearly known that "flesh and blood" (our present state) cannot inherit the kingdom of God. This is due to the fact that the second law is doing its damage to our bodies and obviously, we are decaying. However, please carefully review the First & Second LAWS of Thermodynamics in connection with this passage:

Since all processes are fundamentally energy conversion processes, and since everything that happens in the physical universe is a "process" of some kind, it is obvious why the Two Laws of Thermodynamics are recognized as the most universal and fundamental of all scientific LAWS (here we are not talking about a hypothesis). Everything that exists in the universe is some form of energy, and everything that happens is some form of energy conversion. Thus, the Laws which govern energy and energy conversion are of paramount importance in understanding the world in which we live.

Isaac Asimov defines the First Law as follows:

"To express all this, we can say: --Energy can be transferred from one place to another, or transformed from one form to another, but it can be neither created nor destroyed. Or we can put it another way: --The total quantity of energy in the universe is constant.-- When the total quantity of something does not change, we say that it is conserved. The two statements given above, then, are two ways of expressing "‘the law of conservation of energy." This law is considered the most powerful and most fundamental generalization about the universe that scientists have ever been able to make."
      Asimov makes a very interesting point when he says concerning this Law: "No one knows why energy is conserved." He should have said, of course, that science cannot tell us why energy is neither created nor destroyed. The Bible, however, does give us this information.

The reason why no energy can now be created is because only God can create energy and because God has "rested from all His work which He created and made" (Genesis 2:3). The reason why energy cannot now be destroyed is because He is now "upholding all things by the word of His power" (Hebrews 1:3). "I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever: nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it" (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

I hope this makes as much sense to you as it does to me. The answer is not to refute science as a Christian, but to use it as parallel reference, as it is a PERFECT match with the Word. It is theories that are called science when they are not, that contradict Scripture. Theories are Hypothesis' of speculation based on certain so-called facts... not LAW. The LAWS of science DO NOT contradict Scripture; instead, they support God's creation of the Universe. To me, this is an awesome thing.

Thanks for allowing to share.

Peace!

Comment

have you ever wondered things such as "why does the heart actually pump", "why do nerves actually react", etc.

this is what i think our "soul" is...the drive that actually makes these things happen all wrapped up into your personality all wrapped up into your body

and when we die, i think the "soul" just finds other "wrappers"

or then again we could all be wrong and it could just be "dat stuff" that James Brown seems to possess that all of us seem to lack!!!
        sincerely, boricuafrican

Comment

and the meaning of life seems to be for me an "america's funniest home video/america's most wanted" for god and the rest of the "heavenites"!!!
          sincerely, boricuafrican

Comment

Working...
          X