Persecutation what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persecutation what do you think

I would like opinions on this organazation.
    www.persecution.com

Another URL which is good is www.downloadfreebibles.com

[This message has been edited by TheZTeam (edited 25 February 2000).]

The website is www.persecution.com .

It is good site, and the information contained in it is reliable. You can verify all of it in the AP Newswire.

------------------
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa: Manuel Alonso "El Jíbaro"

Comment

How did you find out about them? I learned about them a Christian bookstore. I have not given them any money yet; but, they do send me a real nice publication. Prior to learning about this organization I did not know there was so much persecution against Christians.

[This message has been edited by TheZTeam (edited 09 March 2000).]

Comment

yo, Z...

i never realized there was so much persecution of Christians either...until i became one.

did you ever notice how our holidays are made a disgrace by foolish worldly "alternatives?" for example, Christmas...no longer about the birth of Christ who came to die and free the world from sin. it's about a fat man in a horrible fashion statement of a suit that say's 'i don't have a clue' who rides on a floating piece of wood thru the sky...and he's pulled along by magically flying deer where he goes from place to place all over the world delivering oodles of toys to good little children.

Easter...it's no longer about Christ's resurection from the grave where He so lovingly laid down His life so we could have access to GOD and salvation. it's now about a HUGE fluffy rabbit that lays eggs made of chocolate, wrapped in brightly colored packages...to be hidden and then later found during a ceremony titled "an Easter Egg Hunt."

for goodness sake, even chocolate has been corrupted.

i had more examples a second ago...but i forgot them now. but anyway, you see my point. if we were in another country and we even tried to make up an alternative to a holy celebration like "Hannukah Harry" or "Rahmadahn Ralph" we'd be in serious trouble...probably dead.

why are our holidays targeted? because we are asleep? probably.
        because we don't take a stand? maybe.
        because we're right?

i think so. if you want to see someone fail, and they are doing whatever it is they are trying to do wrong, you would just let them. but if they started to do something right...you'd probably try to stop them...if you were trying to see them fail. attractive destractions have trapped human beings for years...women...drugs...money...
        or even that apple...
        which is where it all started.

okay, i know i talk too much.

------------------
        Nicoletta
        ;oD

Nicoletta
        ;oD

Comment

In some of my Christmass E-mails I said

"Remember the reason for the season <A HREF="http://www.downloadfreebibles.com"" TARGET=_blank>www.downloadfreebibles.com"</A> I even did this at work and was not given any negative reprecutions. As long as we do not prostilize all the time we can do some. Technically it is against policy. I'm perty passive about spreading the gospel. Never know what seeds we plant may grow.

I believe seek and ye shall find. Funny how freedom of religon is okay as long as you are more social than have any hard core AKA real beliefs. A Seventh Day Advantist school may have to forfit a basket ball game because they will not play on Saturdays.
          They may even be right that the true Sabath should be on Saturday not Sunday. Funny how they had to make a stand.

Cannot have total seperation of Church and state. The whole seperation thing is also a myth. The forefathers just did not want an official religion not to abolish religion. And here is another tangent. The reason English was never made offical language was to apease the Germans who lost the offical language of use by one vote. That is right the USA almost had official German AKA Deutch!

------------------
          Shan "MLMer" Ziel
          www.shanziel.com
          http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/s...FREELINKS.html

Comment

Z:

Actually, sunday truly is the sabbath. If you go to Europe and look at a calendar, the week starts on monday and ends on sunday, making sunday the seventh day of the week. That's also why even though sunday is the first day of the week here, it is still considered part of the weekend. It was probably some calendar maker trying to make his calendar stand out from the rest.

Comment

really? i thought according to old Hebrew calendars the Sabbath was on Saturday...can someone clarify?

------------------
              Nicoletta
              ;oD

[This message has been edited by Nicoletta (edited 27 March 2000).]
              Nicoletta
              ;oD

Comment

Yes, the 'Shabbath' is our "sábado", which in English is Saturday (Saturn's Day).

However, the Sabbath is really an item of Contract between God and the Jews, it is not of universal application (See Acts 15.1-21). If you read that passage you will see that the Sabbath is not imposed on Non-Jewish Christians, only to abstain from idols, sex out of marriage, meat of strangled animals and eating blood.

Sunday as a Christian worship Day was an spontaneous celebration among early Christians, who met on Sunday Mornings to celebrate the Day that the Lord ressurrected, Acts 20.7 and 1st Corinthians 16.2. That is why it came to be called the Day of the Lord: "Domingo", from the Latin, "Domenico" which means belonging to the Lord (Dominus).

As usual, someone will argue about that, but for me it is sufficient to say that every single day I dedicate it to my Lord (Romans 14.5,6).

------------------

Comment

i thought it said in the NT "if you love me, keep my commandments"

help!

------------------
                  Nicoletta
                  ;oD

Nicoletta
                  ;oD

Comment

Colossians 2.16,17

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X