No announcement yet.

Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Turkish friend, hi Nezi, and he is a Muslim.He has shown me more kindness in his heart than many other people put together...What I mean to say is that each one of us should stick to whatever your religious preference is and show it through acts of kindness

[This message has been edited by rosanna (edited 02 May 2000).]

Comment

thanks Rosanna.
      you are one of the wonderful women whom i have ever met. we have talked about religion. they help to the people to hormony their spiritual to the others and society. and there are other things more than religion. if you feel and like a poem or a movie that was made at any where in the world, there are a lot of things sharing with other people. thanks you one more time sharing your good feeling with the other people.

Comment

I hope that Nezi's words can be understood from your hearts and not your minds and that every one of you finds a Nezi, a true friend, in your lifetime...

Comment

I have studied Islam for close to 7 years now and I just became a Muslim today. I havn't read much of this post but I do want to state that we do believe Jesus was the son of Allah and we do believe that he sent an angel to get her pregnant like Christians do, however we feel that Jesus was not a Savior because he save none- he performed the tasks of a prophet- therefore we consider him to be a prophet. There were reportedly some 2000 Muslims living in Puerto Rico but only 40% of them were born on the island- the others are Naval Officers or soldiers and 75% of them are Puerto Ricans who became Muslims here in the States. There is a Mosque that serves Puerto Ricans specifically in the Bronx which I will be visiting in July before I take the final step (going to Mecca) and I personally know 25 other Puerto RIcan Muslims who live here in Chicago- and have seen many others who are 5%ers.

Now the Jews on the other hand who are supposedly God's chosen people- don't even accept Jesus as a prophet- they don't niether do they believe he was the son of God. I'm not sure but I don't think they believe in him.

I also want to mention to Jibaro that Christianity was spread through the same way as you claim Islam was- however Christianity invaded every land known to man. In conclusion I want to state that not one of us can say for sure who knows the true word of God or Allah or Budda etc. but we all know that there was a creator, I became a Muslim because they made more sence to me than Christians and because they never once insulted me for my questions as many- too many Christians have.

I would also like to say that I can find many discreptincies in the Quran (not as many as in the Bible) but I feel good being among the other Muslims and when I leave the Mosque I feel a certain sence of peace that no christian or Catholic church has ever given me. And this mortal life is what concerns me now.

------------------
          cristobal.guzman@puertorico.com Que Viva Humboldt Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prchicago.net!

Comment

Chi:

You call yourself God, and I doubt that most faithful Muslims in the entire Islamic world would accept that.

Ask 99.999% of the Muslim world about your statement and see what they think of it. I'll give you a hint: they won't think it is funny .

------------------
            Manuel Alonso

Comment

It seems as if I have to repeat things to you over and over again and again- so again Jibaro I will tell you that I only said that I was god to prove a point- I was being sarcastic and I have explained this to you several times already.

Now ask 100% of your three Gods (Jesus, God and the Holy Ghost) if they aprove of the way you Christians have manipulated the Bible and I know for a fact that he will not be laughing!

------------------

prchicago.net!

Comment

Chi:

There is a Muslim sect out here in Jersey that call themselves the 5%, I thought you were one of them; are you ? I guess not by your telling me two times that you were just being sarcastic.

Anyway, I hope that you learned something in math in your school days. If A = B, and if B = A, then A is B. If Jesus is Equal to the Father, and the Father is Equal to the Son, then the Son is the Father. Same applies to the Holy Spirit (C=A=B).

John 14.5-11: <<Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, `Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.">>

Bingo: A=B

About the Holy Spirit, Jesus said: John 14.15-17 <<"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.>> A few things are clear in this statement: a) the Spirit of Truth will be forever with the disciples, b) He will be inside the disciples, and c) the Spirit is a He (i.e., masculine gender). If the Spirit of Truth were a LIMITED BEING, like an angel, or like Mohammed, He could not be inside all the disciples at the same time, He would have to be switching from guy to guy. That could have been easy when there were only twelve guys, but impossible when we are talking about billions. Only God Himself could perform that feat! And this Spirit would be with the disciples FOREVER; again only God could do that.

Therefore, C=A

Thus, if A=B, and if C=A, then A=B=C

Simple high school logic !!!

Now the only ONE GOD actually does not approve of the way many people who call themselves Christians live: Matthew 7.21-23 <<"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'">>

There will be many surprises there, and I don't want to be one of those surprised: 1 Corinthians 9.24-27 <<Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.>>

------------------
                Manuel Alonso

Comment

OK it's like 3 in the morn and I am bored as heck watching the Godfather and typing on my computer. I feel like I've been drinking and your math just had me in tears- I understood your point- realy I did.

Nah' I am a Muslim but not a 5%er nor am I a follower of Farrakan. I'm not going to start talking about the 5's or Farrakan but niether one of them are living up to Allahs word. The only thing I like about the 5's is their music and I like the food they serve at Farrakans resturant.

If you don't mind my asking- Jibaro, I believe it was you who said that you were an engineer- I was wondering what type of engineer you were?

------------------

prchicago.net!

Comment

I am Mechanical Engineer by College degree [Batchelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, and Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering].

I am an Aerospace Engineer by career. Aerospace Engineering is a subset of Mechanical Engineering.

When I show up before Jesus' Throne one day, my college degrees may have little value, since all my present knowledge is probably kinder-garten in Heaven. Though, I think that all I know now may be like the first step to understanding all that there will be to be learned up there. However, I chose this path, versus studying Cello professionally (my Dad is a musician), because I wanted to understand how things work, not just limit myself to speculating on how they work.

I did not grow up in a Christian family, but one that really was "Espiritista", with never-ending philosophizing about ideas, but never knowing anything in itself. That really bugged me. This is why the Christianity and its Bible became so crucial, because it gave me a clear sense of reality, and of limits to what the universe is. In "Espiritismo" there can be an infinite number of realities, but according to the Bible it cuts it down to one. There is God and the Spritual world around Him, and then there is the space-time universe where we live, created by Him and no one else, and subject to the limits He established [the universe is not an infinite thing; just as the Earth has a definite mass, so the universe has a definite mass, even though it may be HUGE].

That is why I studied Science, to give me the tools to break through the murk of never-ending philosophical speculations with which I was brought up, and be able to understand reality in rational terms. Lets say, the Bible gives me the philosophical foundation to understand the universe, and Science gives me building blocks to construct over that foundation.

Some atheists nowadays abhorr that idea, thinking that Science and the Bible are contradictory, but I have found out that atheism is just as religious as Chrisitianity, and its faith is even more bizarre, since to be able to say that there is no God you have to know absolutely everything in the entire universe. Up to now I have not seen an atheist that can say that he knows absolutely everything, and up to now all the people that have said they knew everything are mostly in psychiatric wards; case closed.

There is a good site in the web that can answer most of your questions in better ways than me: http://www.integrityonline15.com/jph...ton/index.html

and there is also: http://www.christian-thinktank.com/objedex.html

Check them out.

------------------
                    Manuel Alonso

Comment

One thing that will always be said, we as a people of Belief know what race and religion Muhammad (Rasool Allah) was, but with Jesus there will always be a question from the Old Testament or the New Testament, was he(white,black,jew,christian). Take a look at the world and base you life on how you are treated. (HOW CAN YOU WORSHIP A MAN)
                      12 disciples couldn't tell the same story and they were with him all the time. (to much contradicion)

All praises due to ALLAH (one GOD)

THE QUR'AN BRINGS BACK THE PURITY IN US AS ONES WHO SUBMITS TO GOD (MUSLIMS)
                      (ALLAH AKBAR)

YOU CAN'T READ THE QUR'AN WITHOUT READING THE BIBLE. REMEMBER, YOU ALREADY KNOW THE CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE (HOW IS THIS GOING TO BE A HOLY BOOK OF GOD)

NOT4SELF

U Street Inc.
                      (Boricua Luv)
                      Toney Smith

Comment

Not4self:

We know Jesus was a Middle-Eastern Jew, and Middle-Eastern Jews are not blond and blue-eyed. In fact that explains why His own people, the Jews were not particularly attracted to Him, specially the Jewish leaders who were expecting a Blond Haired king-David-type mounted on a white horse, and Jesus showed up as a humble country-boy preacher. [Though, who cares for the Color of Jesus skin? To care that much shows a definite bent towards RACISM. Besides, it does not matter if Jesus was Red, Yellow, Black or White, since in Heaven that does not matter now, nor will it ever matter.] However, that Jesus was going to be rejected by His Jewish Nation was foretold seven hundred years before by the Prophet Isaiah:
                        Isaiah 53.1-3 <<1Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? 2He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 3He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.>> Go ahead, buy a Bible and read it for yourself, and you will see that I am not making this up. I noticed that many Muslims have little grasp of the English language, particularly limited vocabulary skills, so I recommend you get a Bible written in modern English, perhaps a Good News Bible, or an NIV Bible. I myself prefer the NIV Bible, since English is my second language, from which I just quoted this passage.

If His own people disowned Him it is no surprise that TODAY people still disown Him. The AMAZING thing is that this was FORETOLD 700 years before by a Jewish Prophet, that his own Jewish Nation would disown the Messiah. I don't think that any prophet in any other religion has been able to predict such events so precisely and hit it right on every item. In fact this is the mark of a TRUE PROPHET, to foretell some event and it to happen: Deuteronomy 18.21-22 <<21You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?" 22If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.>> How does Muhammad compare to this statement? Did Muhammad ever say anything that has happened in the future and it happened? If not, it may be because he wasn't a True Prophet.

not4yourself, you have stated that the Apostles did not agree. I don't see you bring up any evidence to back up your claim. It is very easy to be fanatic, overlook facts, and make exaggerated statements [even Adolph Hitler did that], but it is quite a different case to face the facts and look for the TRUTH. In the case of the Apostles, all died in the hands of their persecutors (except Judas, who killed himself, and John who died of old age), and not one of them recanted seeing Jesus ressurrect from the dead. Under pressure to renounce Jesus all died as martyrs. Your beloved Muhammad was not a martyr nor an apostle, he was a military conqueror who at the point of a drawn sword forced entire cities to convert to Islam; go read the books. Again, I don't see in that the mark of a true prophet.

Finally, True Religion depends on being sincere with one's self, False Religion is sealed with hypocrisy. When I was merely religious I used to be a good boy in church, but a "brat" outside of church. And because I was a hypocrit I used to fear death and Judgement Day, there was something I felt ashamed of. not4self: are you sure that if you die tonight you are going to Heaven, do you fell absolutely secure today? If not, the Holy Spirit is probably trying to tell you that you are lost and you need a Savior. This Savior is Jesus, the Prophet whose Tomb is EMPTY. Jesus proved by Ressurrecting and going up to Heaven in front of 500 eyewitnesses that He is more than a mere man, and that He is the Messiah, not just one more prophet. This same Jesus that the Apostles preached long ago can Save you today from Judgement, Sin and Shame.

not4: I have read that in Islam, you are supposed to be weighed in a balance, and if your good deeds weigh more than your bad deeds then you get to enter Heaven. Ask yourself: if a man has as many good deeds as bad deeds, where is he going to be sent in the after-life? I rather know now; I rather repent and believe in Jesus, that He died to take all my sins and that He rose again, and that He owns me from now on, that He is my GOD . The Holy Spirit tells my spirit that I will not be let down .

------------------
                        Manuel Alonso

Comment

Not4Self- I greet you with open arms and say "may peace be with you." I am glad to see that I am not the only person of Islamic faith here on these boards- Allah Akbar. But may I ask you- are you a Farikanista?

El_Jibaro- your lack of acceptance to change, and logic and all that which goes against what you have learned in this wicked world, leads me ask- why are you even using a computer? You simply rely on hear say and your allegedly Holy Bible which has already been proven to be nonholy by millions of people and has been deemed nonunderstandable by the Catholic church. Now several Muslims especially the Farakanistas say that you cannot read the Qu'ran without reading the bible- I disagree. Yusef Mohhamed taught me how to see the remaining truths in the bible after reading and comprehending the Qu'ran. The two books both go hand and hand but Allah himself said that his first book (the bible) has been tainted and manipulated by man to meet his own greedy needs- therefore he sent us the Qu'ran. Many early Indians were Muslims as well as the Spaniards- our names are Moor- look it up. Islam is in our blood brother and when the Spaniards were Moors they were a peaceful civilized people, but once they became Christians- they became the horrible monsters that we all know they were- look it up. I have invited you to a Mosque in Jersey but you declined my offer but I again beg of you to open your heart to change- logic- the truth and visit one of the Latino Mosques in Jersey so that you can get a first hand clear explaination of what we are about and see that we are not aainst Christianity- nor are we against whites or any other race as many believe thanks to the way the Christian public and American media has stereo typed us. I have already given Christianity several chances...

Now before I leave I must again ask you- what good did Jesus' death do us if the Bibe says that we are all born into sin- didn't God allow his son- the other part of the Trinity to die for our sins? I also wonder why you guys consider the Jews to be the "chosen people" (reminds me of the Golden Child) if they themselves do not take part in your religon and they too admit that the bible is not acurate...

------------------

prchicago.net!

Comment

Working...
                          X