I am a looking for a teaching job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a looking for a teaching job

My name in Jon Pokorny and I am looking for an elementary teaching position in Puerto Rico. I hold certification in New York and North Carolina where I currently teach. I have a B.S. in Elementary Education. I am looking for a change in my life, and from what I have heard, Puerto Rico may be perfect. If anyone knows how I can apply for teaching positions in a good area of Puerto Rico, please let me know Thank you!
    Last edited by TipoConSuerte; 11th August 2012, 10:41.

Try the Dept of Education

John, to teach in the Island public schools, contact the Department of Education. If you want to teach in private schools, be prepared for a long wait. The competition for private schools teaching positions is immense. If you don't have some connection, i.e., a "padrino" with pull, then you are wasting your time. You'd be better off going to Vietnam or Korea and teaching English as a foreign language, and filing your resume with international schools in Hanoi, Saigon (Ho Chi Minh), or Seoul. Sooner or later, something might open up. As far as Puerto RIco is concerned,outside of the San Juan metropolitan area, unless you speak near-native Spanish, and are from the island, it is a very hard place for a gringo to get by in.

Comment

Working...
    X